Naruto Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Clan of the Moon ❯ Break From Life ( Chapter 32 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Thank you all for your wonderful reviews! I can't express my gratitude to you all; you all have given me great ideas on how to make this story great. I only hope I can continue wowing you all!
So, enjoy this next chapter!
Disclaimer: I do not own the Naruto or Sailor Moon series but the original characters Gala and Amera belong to ME!!!
 
Break From Life
 
Emotions had become confusing to Sakura. Sasuke had proposed to her and she had no idea what to do about it. When he had first proposed, she was shocked not happy as she should have been. She should have instantly said yes, instead she simply stood there silently.
 
She couldn't blame herself, he had proposed like it was nothing, like it was his duty to do such. There was no love in his eyes as he spoke the words to her. It made her believe that he merely wanted her to be a baby machine…Sounded like something he would do.
 
Sakura had to keep reminding herself that Sasuke wasn't the boy she knew long ago. He was mean, egoistical, and a jerk at times.
 
He had visited her yesterday in the garden, wanting to spend some time with her. It was all well in good but he walked beside her without holding her hand. He didn't stand beside her like a fiancée, he stood like a guard. It unnerved her so much that she could barely speak. Not that they spoke a lot during their little walk. He wanted to know how she had been all this time, she should have told him everything! Instead…
 
“I've been fine.” Was all she said.
 
She was glad he hadn't asked to be with her again today. She needed time to sort through her feelings. There was no way anyone would leave her alone, but at least Sasuke would.
 
And now Sai had suddenly become interested in her. This was proving to be too difficult for her mind and heart to handle.
 
Sakura sighed, perhaps a walk through the compound would help clear her mind.
 
She had never been in the Hyuga compound before. It was so huge! Amazing that all of the people who lived here were related somehow; never had Sakura seen such a large family before. It had always been her and her mother, no one else.
 
The people here were very nice to her. She knew it was only because she was of the moon clan, the same clan the Hyuga family had gave an oath to protect. Hyugas would come out of their homes and greet Sakura as she walked by. She had to keep smiling or those around her would think something's wrong, but on the inside she was practically screaming.
Why you ask? Well what would a girl like Sakura do when the life she worked so hard to obtain suddenly came crashing down? The answer: beat up everything until there's nothing left. Unfortunately, Sakura couldn't do that…she could only scream in silence and that was making it all worse to handle.
 
Some children had come up to her and asked if she would play with them. She couldn't say no to those excited little faces.
 
That was how Neiji found her, sitting on the ground with female children around her, male children playing with a ball nearby. Sakura was teaching the girls how to make a flower crown using a small type of flower.
 
“Now we can all be princesses!” One little girl grinned with a front tooth missing.
 
Sakura laughed and patted the girl in the head.
 
The Hyuga genius had to admit that he was scared to approach. The first time he had seen her in the garden he had felt the same way. Watching her made him think she was in another world, one he didn't belong in.
 
“Neiji-kun!” A boy had spotted Neiji from afar. The boy raced over to the elder Hyuga, grinned. “Isn't this great? Sakura-hime is awesome!”
 
Neiji had to agree with the boy. Sakura was indeed an amazing person.
 
“Neiji-kun…” Sakura's voice made the elder Hyuga turn to her. She had a frown on her face. “Is something wrong?”
 
He blushed, something he wasn't used to doing.
 
“Nothing is wrong…I was just looking for you.” He frowned. “Many have grown worried.”
 
She sighed. “Yeah I know…” She glared at him. “I need some space sometimes you know! Besides this place is like a fortress!” She crossed her arms. “You all need to calm down.”
 
Neiji wasn't expecting that from Sakura. She had to understand the situation! Then again, he had heard of her temper before…It rivaled that of Lady Hokage's.
 
“I am sorry you feel that way.”
 
Sakura made a noise that resembled a snort, the girls giggled around her. One little girl, the youngest of all, frowned.
 
“Pwease no be mad at Ne-kun…” She said. “He nice!”
 
“Yeah!” Another grinned. “And if you marry Neiji-kun you can be our big sister!”
 
Both teens proceeded to blush. Sakura laughed nervously.
 
“Why don't you girls go play?” The two watched the girls race away. Once the children were out of ear shot, Sakura turned to Neiji.
 
“Look, I'm sorry I yelled at you…You've got to be weirded out by all this too! I mean look! In just weeks our lives had changed!” she huffed. “Now I'm supposed to be some vessel for a crystal, someone wants me dead, and…and well look at you, Neiji! You're here protecting ME! Someone you barely know!” She groaned. “I'm just really stressed…Can you blame me?”
 
Not he couldn't. This all had indeed happened very fast. Lives had been changed completely very quickly.
 
It seemed the situation had gotten to Sakura. The girl had a lot on her mind, a lot on her shoulders to bare. Was this how Lady Hinata felt every day? It was possible.
 
“I need a break, Neiji.” Her head bowed. “I'm not used to so much pressure like you and Hinata are.”
 
Neiji paused. This could be a good start in creating some form of relationship between her. After all, what princess wouldn't love a man who would be concerned for her?
 
“I believe if anyone were in your situation, they would feel the same.” His breeding required that he not move unless she moved for she was in higher rank than himself hence he resisted the urge to sit down beside her upon the blanket she sat on.
 
“Might I make a suggestion?” She set her green eyes upon him and he found himself almost lost in them.
 
Remembering his manners he turned his gaze away from her eyes to the ground below. “A hot spring is always the best place to relax. Perhaps that will help calm your nerves.”
 
He quite nearly jumped when she tackled him in a hug. Not knowing what to do, he kept his own arms at his sides.
 
“Thank you Neiji! Thank you!” She hugged him while smiling. “That's perfect!” She stood. “Come on! We need to tell everyone!” She grabbed his hand. As a blush crept up his cheeks, she all but dragged him away from the Hyuga children playing on the grounds.
 
Sakura had found the girls from the Hikari group with Neiji's help and pretty much pleaded that they spend another day together. The first girl's day had been interrupted by clones, Sakura wanted another one.
 
“A hot spring? You can't be serious…” Gala rolled her eyes at a pleading Sakura, Neiji beside her. “You do realize no one is letting you out of here…”
 
“Oh come on! PLEASE! It was Neiji's idea!” Sakura begged. “If all your girls go we'll be fine!”
 
Gala eyed Neiji for a minute, she raised an eyebrow at him, disbelief running through her veins. Did the Hyuga really suggest taking Sakura out of the compound to a hot spring? Wouldn't that go against his family's decree of protecting her and Naruto?
 
The girls all looked at one another silently. It wouldn't be any good for their charge that was currently a target for an evil man to leave a secured area. Knowing what they were thinking, Sakura rolled her eyes.
 
“Hello! Naruto's a target for the Akatsuki and he walks around everywhere!”
 
“True…but you don't see the Akatsuki trying to get him almost every day…” Gala sighed. “Look, your enemy knows EVERYTHING about us. He's not afraid of killing you right in front of us. We've got to be careful.” She frowned. “And I'm seriously surprised! Aren't you supposed to be a ninja? You're supposed to know all of this stuff already! Geez!”
 
She had a point. An enemy that knew everything about you was far more dangerous than an enemy who didn't. That was why you couldn't talk about your personal life during a mission. If the enemy knew anything about your personal life, he would use it to his advantage.
 
The hell with it all! Sakura still wanted her day out dang it! She was smothering in here!
 
“But…I guess if Neiji thinks it's okay…and if the other guys say it's okay--“
 
That was all Sakura needed to know.
 
Hurriedly she went to where her cousin was training with Raye and Sasuke. Without saying a word Sakura jumped Naruto and Sasuke, pining both boys to the wall and giving them her signature death glare that made even the strongest of men cringe.
 
“If you do not let me out of here I am going to vent all my frustration out on YOU TWO!” She threatened.
 
Naruto blinked. “Sakura-chan?” He shook away his confusion. “Huh?”
 
“Naruto, Sasuke, me and the girls are going to a hot spring. You and the guys don't like it you can kiss my ass.” She let her cousin and Sasuke go.
 
Raye raised an eyebrow. “What brought this up, Sakura?”
 
“I'm going insane that's what brought it up!” Sakura shouted, hands going into her hair, almost pulling the pink strands out. “I've gotten used to everyone in Hikari around me, but when an entire FAMILY expects me to be primped and pressed like a princess…Well I'm NOT used to that! I'm a ninja for kami sake!!! You cannot expect me to just sit around while everyone else is training!!!” She groaned. “Plus I've got so much on my mind right now that if I don't get a break I'm going to punch the next person I see!!!”
 
Naruto quickly backed away while Sasuke remained calm. Naruto had warned Sasuke of Sakura's tantrums that rivaled the Hokage's. You got Sakura mad, you pay the price…Now Sasuke knew the Kyuubi container to be telling the truth. Sakura looked like she was about to murder someone.
 
“I understand…” Raye's clam voice seemed to calm Sakura down, to a point anyway. “All of this is very daunting. You need a break.”
 
She glared at her. “You think!?”
 
Raven hair shook as its owner laughed. “Okay, okay…”
 
Naruto grinned at his adoptive mother. “Can we? Please…?” He pouted. “Sasuke-teme was kicking my butt anyway!”
 
Raye paused, and then she chuckled. “That's something you will have to ask your own court, Naruto.”
 
“Aw the hell with them all!” Naruto declared. “If my cousin wants to go to a hot spring, she's going to a hot spring and that's final!”
 
Raye smiled at him. Already the boy was starting to show his new found princely side. She watched as Naruto told Sasuke to find everyone so they could meet and surprisingly enough, the Uchiha had followed orders.
 
It looked like the new generation was indeed acting their roles as the stars demanded…Good…
 
Because they were going to need that attitude…In the weeks to come.
 
 
Next time: Hot Spring