Naruto Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Clan of the Moon ❯ The Crystal Queen ( Chapter 44 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Here's the next chapter! It's a bit short but I like it. Hope you do too!
 
 
Disclaimer: I do not own the Naruto or Sailor Moon series but the original characters Gala and Amera belong to ME!
 
 
The Crystal Queen
 
 
The towering light could be seen well off into distant countries, a beacon of sorts. At the time, no one quite knew what it meant or where it came from. They just knew it was bright, almost brighter than the sun. Only a few knew what the light meant, one of the said few saw the light atop her tower within Konoha. Her arms crossed, and a serious look upon her face, the Fifth Hokage sighed.
 
“Here we go…”
 
The light had split open the earth, making the underground hideaway not so hidden anymore. Those within the walls of the hideaway rushed towards the light, a sense of excitement and worry coursing through their veins.
 
As they came to the very room where the light originated, the light began to fade. The moment they rushed in, the light was gone. They saw their comrades picking themselves up off the floor and a captured Sasuke Uchiha held against the far wall by white kunais.
 
“What happened?” Temari was at Gaara's side in an instant. After all, he was still the Kazekage.
 
Dust from the big hole in the ceiling began to clear as sunlight entered the dark underground room. They saw Naruto first, dressed in his white robes. He moved aside.
 
There she stood, pink hair to the floor, eyes as calm as the seas. Those very same eyes were staring at Sasuke. No words spilled from her mouth as she approached him. Gentle hands held his head in place.
 
Gentle lips kissed his hard ones.
 
No one breathed. Could Sakura have fallen into darkness? Would they have to kill her before she destroyed them all?
 
The pink haired princes stepped away, taking a place next to Naruto. White light engulfed Sasuke's form. It had to be painful for he was screaming, but was that really him screaming? And for that matter, why was he screaming at all?
 
The darkness was thrown from his body, the light forming it into a ball. The dark ball burst into millions of crystallized pieces which fell to the floor at his feet. The white kunais disappeared and Sasuke dropped unceremoniously to the floor, his clothes normal.
 
“Until you have learned the error of your ways, you shall be as you are now…A civilian.” Even Sakura's voice had changed! It was as if she matured over night! Instead of a hotheaded, emotional teenager, a calm and collected woman stood before them.
 
No, she did not carry herself as any ordinary woman would. She held the aura of nobility about her.
 
Wait…did she just call Sasuke a civilian?
 
“No longer a ninja, no longer a star…You will stay this way until I see fit…” She smiled sadly. “Perhaps a bit of humility will do you some good.”
 
“Enough gawking…we have got a problem.” Naruto's voice brought everyone back to reality. “The Akatsuki have all nine beasts…” He smirked at them all. “Ready to show the world what we can do?”
 
They all gave a nod. Now was the time.
 
Naruto took his cousin's hand, great concern dripping from his voice. “You need rest, Sakura-chan.”
 
She shook her head. “Sakura Haruno is dead…” She looked up into the sky through the large hole in the ceiling. “I am…the descendant of Serenity the first, great-great granddaughter of Serenity the second, and great granddaughter of the Lady of the Moon…I am Serenity the fourth, the Crystal Princess.” She wobbled for a moment, gripping onto her cousin tightly. The crystal's power too great and her body still weak from the new moon, it was all too known she might fall into a faint. When she did, it was Naruto that picked her up.
 
“No…” He said. “Not a princess anymore…” He grinned at the court around him. “Right guys?”
 
All were in agreement. No longer was their charge a princess…
 
She was now a queen.
 
 
Next Chapter: Return to Suna