Naruto Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Clan of the Moon ❯ Return Suna ( Chapter 45 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

You all are totally awesome! I was going to end this story much sooner than now but it appears you all want more and I really like how this story is coming along. I've got some GOOD ideas for the next part that I think you all will like! Enjoy!
 
Disclaimer: I do not own the Naruto or Sailor Moon series but the original characters Amera and Gala belong to ME!!!
 
 
Return to Suna
 
 
Sakura had remembered seeing Naruto in the land of dreams; she remembered when their foreheads touched…
 
Then…nothing.
 
It was a strange feeling to be sure. It was like…she was floating around in a sea of light and warmth. She knew deep down in her soul this was the crystal around her, providing her with this comfort. But, if she was here, surrounded by this warmth…Who was out there, in the real world?
 
She had remembered Gala saying something about the crystal doing whatever it deemed necessary for the protection of its host. Could that be the case at this moment? Did the crystal believe that someone from the outside would harm her? Her eyes widening, she panicked. Not knowing what to do she shouted to the warmth about her.
 
“Don't hurt Sasuke!”
 
The light moved in reply. Did it listen to her? She hoped so. Wait why was she getting so sleepy? Not able to fight it, Sakura closed her eyes.
 
When she opened them, sand colored walls greeted her. Was this the place she had been kept in? Seeing a small window she looked outside.
 
There stood the village of Suna, its residents rushing about their daily business.
 
Frowning, Sakura sat back on her bed. When did she go to Suna? Everything before Elysion was a bit fuzzy. She knew Sasuke had taken her somewhere but to Suna? No way.
 
“You fainted.” Temari's voice came from the door where the wind woman was leaning against the doorframe, a look of concern on her face. “You okay?”
 
Sakura nodded. Standing, she noticed her hair was clear to her feet.
 
“What…happened?”
 
“You woke up.” Temari explained.
 
“And Sasuke?”
 
A twitch from the wind woman but nothing else.
 
“He's gone. You took away his star seed and his chakra, possibly the Sharigon as well. Safe to say he won't be a problem anymore.”
 
Pink hair was stunned. She…she took all of Sasuke's power away? Holy cow! Wait a minute…Shaking her head, Sakura looked at her hands.
 
“No, I didn't…the crystal did.” She looked at the blonde woman. “Tell me what happened, please…and where is everyone?”
 
“Naruto and the boys are stationed in Konoha at the moment…we all thought it best you not go there yet, seeing as how the council over there has a very…bad opinion of all this…” Temari shrugged. “Besides, this IS the safest place right now. Gaara will make sure you are safe while the rest of us look for the Akatsuki.”
 
Pause.
 
“THAT IDIOT!!!” Sakura screamed out her frustrations. “That's IT! When I see Naruto he is going to get it so HELP ME!!!”
 
How dare he keep her away from all the fighting!? That wasn't what she wanted to do!
By Temari's shocked expression, Sakura believed the wind woman expected her to be all calm and collective now that the crystal was in place.
 
Calm and collective were NOT in Sakura's vocabulary.
 
“Oh I can't believe him!” Sakura felt like ripping her hair out. “I can't believe all of you still think I'm weak!!!” She paused. When had the room starting spinning?
 
Temari was at her side in an instant.
 
“Haruka-sensei said it will take a few days for your body to get used to the crystal.” Temari explained. “So just take it easy will you?”
 
Of course! Oh Sakura was so stupid! Did she REALLY think it would be that easy? Just get the crystal then knock out the bad guys? Groaning, she face planted into the pillow upon her bed. Temari couldn't really understand the pinkette but she thought she had heard some few choice words coming from the girl.
 
“How is she doing?” Sakura's head snapped up upon hearing Raye-san's voice. Naruto's adoptive mother strolled into the room and gave a gentle smile towards Sakura.
 
“Raye-san!” Sakura leaped up and hugged the woman, glad to see her face.
 
Raven hair chuckled as a hand patted shiny pink hair.
 
“It's good to see you too, Sakura-chan. I was getting worried for a while…” She gave a gentle push so she could stare at the girl. “Are you alright?”
 
“I'm fine…So NOW are you going to train me?”
 
The woman shook her head. “Not yet…You need rest first.”
 
Green eyes glared.
 
“NO. I am TIRED of resting. I am going to do SOMETHING.” She stood, dead set in her ways. Raye blocked the only exit to the room; Sakura stared straight in her face. “If any of you TRY and stop me I'm going to punch you clear in the face!”
 
The scout of fire stood unmoving for a long moment, all the while Temari stood, ready and willing to knock Sakura out if necessary.
 
When Raye moved aside, Sakura nodded.
 
“Temari, take me to Gaara NOW!” The wind woman knew that tone…That was an order, not a request.
 
“He's busy with meetings right now—“ No more words were said after THAT look. Temari had never in her life been afraid of Sakura Haruno, but now…there was no telling what the girl could do. And when given that glare, the very same one Sakura once used on her enemies, Temari knew there would be trouble if she didn't do as asked.
 
“Alright, I'll take you…”
 
They had gone down a long hallway, sand colored walls all around. At the end of the hall stood two overbearing doors, waiting to be opened.
 
Hesitance crept into Sakura once she noticed the doors. Just standing there in front of them made her believe this was a stupid idea from the start.
 
Still though, she wanted to have her voice heard and no big, scary doors were going to stop her.
 
Raye noticed her hesitation. “Don't let them intimidate you, Sakura…remember who you are…They might not respect you, but Gaara will. This is your test, Sakura…” She smiled. “Make your ancestors proud.”
 
Nodding, Sakura remembered the rules of court the ancestors had taught her. Straightening herself tall and proud, Sakura turned to Temari.
 
“Open them.”
 
Nodding Temari grabbed a handle while Raye took the other. Both looked at one another…The doors opened, Temari stepped in first. Glares on old faces greeted her but she held her ground. It was now or never.
 
“Announcing Queen Serenity the Fourth…daughter of the moon.”
 
The whole council had stood upon her entrance, none spoke a word. Sakura stood there in confusion and shock, not expecting such respectful treatment from any of them.
 
“Our Kazekage has told us of the recent developments…” One elder spoke suddenly. “Our village is thankful you are safe.”
 
Another elder spoke up. “This village is honored to hold within its walls such a powerful young woman…” She smiled; spoke to Sakura as though she were speaking to her own grand-daughter. “Please, great child of the moon…might we see this…crystal?”
 
Sakura didn't know what to say to these developments. She was half expecting them to kick her out…or at least Gaara escort her out.
 
“You…know about the sliver crystal?” She asked the man that had first spoken.
 
He in turn nodded. “Indeed…May we see it?”
 
Sakura frowned, unsure. “I…don't know…”
 
Raye took that moment to enter the room. She came to Sakura, placed gentle hands on the girl's shoulders.
 
“Hold out your hands, close your eyes.” She instructed the pinkette. “Look deep, though you shouldn't have to dig too much.”
 
The girl did as instructed; Raye had been true to her word, Sakura merely had to shut her eyes to feel that warmth she had once been wrapped in while in her unconscious state.
 
“You are its mistress, Sakura…” She could hear Raye's voice while around the gentle glow. “Take a long, deep breath…And let it out.”
 
The moment Sakura let out her breath, she felt a warmth across her face, heard gasps all around.
 
“Sakura…Open your eyes…”
 
There was no corner that the light didn't enter. It was a warm, inviting glow coming from a small crystal floating above Sakura's hands.
 
All had gone mute at the sight of it, at the feel of its glow. It was breathtaking to see and to feel. Power poured out of the small crystal like water flowing through a stream.
 
The glow receded as the crystal went back into its owner. The owner herself dropped unceremoniously to the floor, trying her best to calm her racing heart and her erratic breathing.
 
The other members of the court, Gala, Hinata, and Ino, that had journeyed to Suna raced into the room after feeling the crystal's waves.
 
“What the hell did you do!?” Gala wanted to pound every last one of the stuck up elders and she was going to if her own charge hadn't stopped her.
 
“I'm…okay…Just…Give me a minute.” The girl began to pick herself off the floor, using what little strength she had. However she hadn't succeeded and would have fallen straight back down if someone hadn't of helped her. Looking up, Sakura's eyes widened.
 
There was Gaara, holding her forearm to prevent her from falling to the ground.
 
“I'm fine, Gaara…Really…” She gave a weak smile, he countered with a deep frown.
 
“You will go to your rooms and sleep.” He said.
 
Defiant to the end, Sakura glared at him.
 
“No.”
 
It had gotten so silent you could hear a pin drop.
 
Gaara decided he agreed with Sasuke Uchiha on one thing: Sakura Haruno was extremely stubborn and annoying. He had to give the girl credit though, she wanted to be perceived as strong and was doing all she could to not be a burden to anyone.
 
With those attitudes, she really would become a good ruler someday.
 
“You have nothing to prove here, Sakura…” He told her. “We all know you are strong…so just get over it before you hurt yourself.”
 
It was cruel but she needed to hear it. Deep inside he could practically hear his star seed's outrage, not for the statement he just made but for the vessel herself. She was going to cause harm to herself if she didn't slow down and rest.
 
To have someone like Gaara of the sand to call you strong should stop her charade; thankfully it did. Her eyes had gone wider than before then her whole body relaxed. She looked completely dejected, her eyes down cast. Gaara rolled his eyes in annoyance. It was like talking to a child!
 
“I will give you two days.” His announcement made her head jerk up. “After two days, you can do whatever you see fit. Agreed?”
 
Remembering he was just looking out for her and the fact he was the leader of this whole village, Sakura stopped herself from grumbling.
 
“I will agree to that.” She all put pried his hand from her arm as she stood on her own two feet. “Sorry for intruding…I merely wanted to be included.”
 
“And you will.” The elder woman smiled. “When you are well rested.”
 
Another elder took her hand, kissed it. “It is an honor, daughter of the moon. Welcome to Suna.”
 
Sakura was escorted back to her room by the girls and Raye. Once entering, Raye stated she needed to leave.
 
“You're going after the nine beasts, aren't you?” Sakura may be weak but she sure wasn't stupid.
 
The raven haired woman nodded.
 
“Do not worry, Sakura-chan…” She smiled. “You will get your chance at battle…Just at a time when you are ready.” She patted the girl on the head once more. “You've been my daughter for a brief time…already I am proud of you.”
 
Sakura smiled. “Thanks, Raye-san…” She frowned. “But it's going to be boring the next two days…”
 
A chuckle. “I think you should think if this as a transitional two days, Sakura-chan…for once they are over, you will have a very much different life…Gaara knows this, which is why he gave you two days. Spend time with the girls, have fun…because to the world, they will be your last two days as Sakura Haruno.” Then in a blaze of fire, the fire ancestor was gone.
 
Taking the woman's words to heart, Sakura turned to the girls around her. Grinning she raised a fist in the air.
 
“Slumber Party!!!!”
 
Meanwhile, in the meeting room, Gaara glared at every single elder that stared at him. He knew their game all too well.
 
“What is wrong, Lord Kazekage?” One of them had the audacity to ask.
 
His glare never wavered.
 
“If any of you come in contact with her without myself present…” He turned to head out of the room. “You will die.”
 
An elder stood, raised an eyebrow. “Is that a threat, Lord Kazekage?”
 
Gaara stopped.
 
“No.”
 
Without a word he transformed in front of them. Sand came up to every single one of the elders, molded into very sharp spikes that were aimed right at their aging throats.
 
“It's a promise.”
 
 
Next Time: World Shaking