Naruto Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Clan of the Moon ❯ Love Games ( Chapter 54 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Okay, I had thought there were only two chapters left but as I was going over my notes I had realized…there was no love game chapter! I couldn't go without THAT!!! So here it is! Enjoy!
 
Disclaimer: I do not own the Naruto or Sailor Moon series but all original characters belong to me!!
 
Love Games
 
Life had become dull the day after Naruto, Hinata, and Neji left to locate the final two beasts. Serenity, known to most in Konoha as Sakura, had finally begun to prove to all she was indeed what her line demanded her to be. Most of Konoha greeted her as Serenity, though some pushed her away. Could they think she was going to take over?
 
And little Konohamaru had kept the mission Naruto gave him embedded deep in his mind. Never did he leave Serenity unattended, looking everywhere in case any bad guys wanted to harm his future Hokage's cousin. Serenity had to admire the boy's bravery. He even went against the stars at one point, wanting to test their abilities.
 
Maybe now there will be peace…and Serenity the Fourth was going to make sure that peace remained. Perhaps during this peace she would take Naruto's advice about her two…suitors sort to speak? The thought made an embarrassed blush creep up her neck to her face. Where would she begin?
 
Strangely enough, one of them had made the first move…Sai, being already in Konoha, had politely asked if he could now do the painting he wished to make. Sakura approved, it would give her time to think.
 
This time he didn't ask for anything special, just had Serenity stand before him or rather sit awkwardly in a chair he had provided. The silence was quite strong between them as he painted her. All the while Serenity had to remind herself of one very big fact…Sai thought she was beautiful…not ugly as he made the world believe. No one in Sakura's own life, besides her mother, stated she was beautiful.
 
They took breaks of course, Sai not wanting to strain the Crystal Queen too much. At the moment they were sitting upon the grass, nearby Sai's supplies sat patiently waiting for the emotionless artist to pick them up once more. Sai had offered her a drink, which Serenity took with a gracious thank you.
 
She had kept staring at the painter/ninja while he painted her, noticing how his expression wouldn't change, but you could tell in his eyes he was in deep concentration.
 
“Sai…” He looked at Serenity upon hearing her voice. She was smiling at him. “I've noticed something important about you…”
 
“What have you noticed, Serenity-chan?” He asked.
 
“You've always been emotionless…These days you still are, but I've noticed your eyes…”
 
Sai frowned. “What of my eyes?” They had still retained that unusual blue color after he had gained the ancestral power from the mist beast.
 
She found herself caught in them, his brand new blue eyes.
 
“You express your emotions through your eyes…” Serenity stated.
 
Expressing emotion through the eyes? That was improbable at best. How could one do such a thing?
 
“You do it unconsciously…” His young qeen sighed. “I guess I've been so mad at you that I hadn't noticed until now…” She chuckled. “Blue suits you well, Sai-kun…”
 
He felt the heat on his cheeks once more, a thing Sai had found himself doing recently and more often. This time she laughed.
 
“This is the first time I've seen you blush, Sai-kun…”
 
He regarded the girl, no woman, sitting beside him. This woman had kissed the Kazekage…
 
“Will you kiss me?”
 
His question hung in the silence it had now created between warrior and royalty. Serenity's eyes had widened, this time she was blushing and Sai found himself thinking she looked cute as she blushed.
 
“You had kissed the Kazekage, no?” Before she could ask he answered, “I had seen you two while at the hot spring.”
 
“Oh…” She had wanted to keep that a secret, to protect Gaara's image. Wouldn't it be harmful to his position if anyone found out he actually showed some emotion other than hatred towards anyone?
 
Had Sai been kissed before? Serenity shook her head. Of course he hadn't, who would want to after his blunt remarks and his seamlessly careless attitude towards others? Not to mention his fake smiles and emotionless stares.
 
This Sai though, was quite different than the one she was used to speaking with. He was a little more sensitive and at times unguarded…and Serenity liked that about him…very much.
 
It seemed only fair that she give him one as well, after all Sai and Gaara were the same in that sense…having no human interactions that involved the good things about humanity.
 
“Alright…Sure…” Having more confidence now, she smiled; leaned in aiming for his cheek as she done the Kazekage.
 
She had completely forgotten how fast Sai really was for the former ROOTS member had turned his head in the last second…
 
Instead of a simple peck on the cheek, lips met lips.
 
It was a simple kiss of course, nothing too…passionate…but it still had made both male and female participants blush.
 
“Had I…done that wrong?” He was close that she could feel his breath on her own lips.
 
Serenity back away a little. “Um…no! No…I just…didn't really expect you to…do…”
 
He had closed the gap she had created.
 
“I want to…do that again…can I?”
 
Her heart beating in her ears she could barely hear him. Did Serenity hear right? Did he really want to kiss again?
 
She was brought out of her haze when Sai moved away and sent a blast of ice towards a nearby tree. A loud `ack!' and Konohamaru fell flat on his head.
 
Sai raised an eyebrow at the boy.
 
“Serenity-chan…why do I want to hit that boy upon his head for disturbing us?”
 
Serenity blinked then laughed.
 
“You're annoyed.” She shook her head, trying her best to stop laughing. “I expected him to pop up somewhere…”
 
After picking himself up, Konohamaru glared at the scene.
 
“Alright break it up!” He raised a fist. “None of that hanky panky stuff around me! Naruto-kun would kill me!”
 
Sai's expression changed to wonder.
 
“Hanky panky?”
 
Serenity shook her head.
 
“You don't want to know.”
 
Konohamaru had not been there just to spy, he came bearing a message: Gaara had come to Konoha and was asking to meet with Serenity. Promising Sai that they would continue the painting session (with fewer breaks this time), Serenity was guided to where the Kazekage was waiting.
 
A familiar red bridge met her eyes, the pond below it streaming with fish. He was waiting silently on the bridge, his arms crossed and his eyes closed deep in thought. He wore his normal attire, long sleeved dark shirt and pants, the gourd nowhere in sight. Serenity surmised it only appeared during his transformed state.
 
“Hey, Serenity-chan…” She looked down at her `shadow' as the others had now called Konohamaru. The teen grinned at her. “He makes the moves, I'll get him! Count on it!” Then he vanished in a puff of smoke.
 
Shaking her head at his antics, Serenity wondered what the Kazekage wanted. Could he come bearing news from the Suna council? This surely wasn't a place for an official meeting.
 
“Gaara-kun?”
 
He didn't move safe for opening his eyes.
 
“I do not know what Naruto was thinking when he asked the boy to follow you around.”
 
Serenity gave a playful glare, pointed a finger at him.
 
“Look who's talking mister…As I recall you had Suna ninja follow me around…” She shrugged. “I guess I've gotten used to being watched that it doesn't bother me anymore…” She frowned. “Does it bother you?”
 
“A mere boy is nothing compared to hard stares of elders.”
 
Serenity groaned at that. He had a point.
 
“Then you came to get away from such hard stares then?” Serenity suggested while leaning on the railing across from him. She knew Gaara loved his space and wouldn't come closer unless he acknowledged she could.
 
“That would be a good reason to leave as I did…but that is not why I had come…” He paused. He wanted to say something but couldn't find the words to say it.
 
Serenity smiled, noting he was trying.
 
“Gaara…If you can't say what you want, then express it in another way.” The Crystal Queen knew words were hard for him to use; it was a very apparent fact when they had gone on their walks while at the hot spring. He spoke very little then and very little now. She had told him the same words before but he was more withdrawn back then, even after she had touched his face.
 
A silence befell the two. Inside Serenity was aggravated. If he didn't do or say something in a minute she would forget who he was and throw him in the river as she did with Naruto once before.
 
Just as fast if not faster than Sai, Gaara moved. Serenity found herself trapped between the bridge railing…
 
And two arms that had fought many battles…crushed many throats.
 
They had only been this close when Serenity had first kissed him, yet she had been the one to act. Now it was Gaara and it looked like his version of personal space had drastically shrunk. She wondered if she had been the only one to be this close to the sand wielding ninja and live to tell about it.
 
“The people of Suna believe we are betrothed.” Serenity tensed, this did not go unnoticed. “I know it to be false…but…”
 
“B…but?” She stuttered. Like Sai before, she found she couldn't say a word. She had to remind herself to not shake, otherwise he would think she was afraid of him and pull away. This was progress for Gaara of the sand and even though it made her uncomfortable at the moment, Serenity wasn't going to move.
 
“When I had heard it…I…felt something…I…had…as Temari put it…smiled.”
 
Serenity's eyes widened. Gaara SMILED!? Not a crazy smirk? That had to be a shocker for all who had seen it, she wished she had been there too.
 
“I don't know why…” He said. “I don't know why I smiled…”
 
Serenity blushed crimson. “Um…well…I guess…it means…that…” She bowed her head. She so couldn't look at him right now. “That you…feel something for me that is…” She gulped down a pocket of air lodged in her throat. “Deeper than friendship…” She froze.
 
“Oh my…Gaara…” This time she looked up into his green eyes, her own green eyes in shock. “Gaara…I think…I think you're in love with me.”
 
There was that `L' word again. His sister had said it, now Serenity had said it.
 
He was…in `love' with her? What did that mean exactly? He had not felt this way towards any member of his family.
 
Whatever the feeling it made him do weird things…of all come here unexpectantly using his sand for travel. Could his threatening the council so harshly be included in this feeling or was that moment when his star seed took over?
 
No…It was a mixture of start seed and…dare he say it…this `in love' thing Serenity was speaking about.
 
Whatever the feeling, it made him want to do something…
 
“I want to kiss you.”
 
She eeped but nodded.
 
“Um…okay…” She turned her head to give him her cheek.
 
Eyes became wide when a hand placed itself on her face, turned her back to gaze into those green eyes of his.
 
Without a word, lips met others.
 
Serenity was quite shocked Gaara had initiated the kiss, equally was her shock when it had become more than a simple peck of the lips.
 
Unlike Sai, Gaara was clearly more…passionate…Gaara was definitely going on instinct for there was no way he could know how to kiss. Now Serenity knew, he definitely was in love with her…
 
The kiss broke and the queen found herself breathless. A long time ago, before any of this madness happened, Serenity imagined this would be how Sasuke would kiss her…all male dominated and all.
 
“Wow…” Only when she caught her breath did Gaara move away.
 
“Forgive me…I was…”
 
She shook her head, smiled. “You were letting your emotions lead you…that's wonderful Gaara! It means you've changed!”
 
Now she knew they were different. This was going to be quite difficult for her…Sai was still learning about his own emotions, whereas Gaara…
 
He knew his emotions (to a point anyway), he just didn't understand them.
 
This was tough to be sure. Both men would no doubt be seriously heartbroken if she didn't pick the other. What was she to do?
 
“A queen and her star…how touching…” Sand instantly surrounded her the moment the man spoke. Serenity rolled her eyes…Gaara was being overprotective again.
 
She reached through the sand, touched Gaara's arm. The sand instantly moved away to allow her to pass.
 
The man was tall, wearing all black with a swirling mask upon his face. He seemed harmless.
The man gave a slight bow to her. “A pleasure and honor to meet the crystal queen in person…Please accept this humble servant's services.”
 
Serenity eyed the man. “And who are you?” She noticed his lone eye, the ever familiar Sharingon swirling in his orb. Fear crept up Serenity's spine.
 
“Madaara Uchiha…”
 
 
 
Next Time: Encasement