Naruto Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Clan of the Moon ❯ Encasement ( Chapter 55 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

ONE MORE CHAPTER!! YAY!! I can't believe this! I've almost completely a story!!! Never in all my writings have I ever finished a story! I hope you like this one and the final chapter to come!
Disclaimer: I do not own the Naruto or Sailor Moon series but all original characters belong to ME!!
Encasement
The sand encircled her again, this time it would not allow her to pass. Serenity was thankful of it, not wanting to be around the man that caused the turmoil that befell Konoha. Madaara Uchiha had been the center of everyone's pain. He wanted the stars dead…Used Sasuke to literary destroy Konoha…
For the second time in her life, Serenity was scared.
“I expected such protection from a star.” She could hear everything through the hard sand around her. “But we both know you are not a born star…Gaara of the sand.”
That's right…Gaara was adopted sort to speak. The Scout of Time and Space had given him a piece of hers to balance out the scout/royal ratio.
“Leave or die.” A vision of a younger Gaara, one hell bent on destroying everything in his path, surfaced in Serenity's mind. Would Gaara really kill Madaara? Was he even strong enough to do it?
“Psst…Serenity-chan!”
Serenity was so caught up in the discussion outside that she failed to notice a part of her sand prison had vanished behind her. Konohamaru stood in that hole silently.
“Hurry up will you!?” He whispered in a hurry.
A frown formed on the royal's face. Gaara wanted her to run.
Serenity the Fourth was tired of running.
“Gaara, release me. RIGHT NOW.” She used a commanding royal tone. Even if he were the Kazekage, she was still higher in rank than him.
The sand paused for a moment as if deciding what to do. Serenity's eyes tightened.
“Gaara Sobaku, if you do NOT bring down this sand so help me I will blast you into next week!” A bit of the old Sakura surfaced, tired of people protecting her like some sort of priceless jewel.
This time the sand receded, allowing Serenity to gaze at the man that had caused so much harm. Madaara seemed pleased at her action.
“Well done in commanding your forces, your highness.” He said.
“You will stay silent, NOW!” Serenity barked out. “How dare you show your face to me!? After everything you have done! You have disgraced the Mars clan!” Her fists tightened beside her. “Give me one good reason not to blast you into outer space!”
Madaara chuckled. “My, you certainly have a temper on you.” He shook his head. “Not a good thing to have for one such as powerful as yourself.” He took a step forward. “I am merely looking out for the world's best interest. I am sorry you had to be there for the destruction of Konoha. I will make it my mission to keep you and the prince away from such animosities in the future.”
Suddenly a flaming arrow landed at his feet, causing Madaara to freeze in his steps. High in a tree above them, a transformed Sasuke was hitching another firey arrow to his flaming bow.
“Not another step.” His red eyes glared at the elder Uchiha.
Madaara paused, shifted his eyes towards Gaara.
“I see…the connection has been made…” He gave a sigh. “That is not good…Now I am afraid I will have to kill you all…” They couldn't see it but he was smirking underneath his mask. “Including the prince and queen.”
That did it.
Sand came towards him, full force, sand that was lit by an arrow made of fire. Madaara stood silently, waiting for the attack to hit him.
The ground shook around Konoha as the firey sand made impact. This tremor of the earth did not go unnoticed by the other stars. Swiftly they traced the tremor to its source, saw Gaara and Sasuke standing next to a bewildered Serenity whose eyes were trained upon a tall tower of sand blazing with fire.
The sand suddenly burst away to reveal Madaara unharmed. Calmly the middle aged man brushed off access sand from his dark shirt.
“I am the first generation boys…” He crossed his arms. “You will have to do better than that.”
“Konohamaru…” Sasuke was the first to speak, his eyes trained on Madaara Uchiha. “Take her and go.”
Serenity glared at him. “NO! I will NOT run away!”
“You will or we will force you…Serenity-sama.”
The title did not go unnoticed by Serenity. Gaara had just called her `sama'. It had to mean he was serious in his decree. They would drag her away if necessary.
Caught in the moment, Serenity didn't notice the hand that grabbed hers, pulled her backward out of the fray.
“Come on you idiot! They said go!” Konohamaru pulled Serenity away, though that was no easy task for him to do.
What was she to do? She was the most powerful person the world and no one allowed her to battle. This was so infuriating to Serenity that she felt the need to rip out every strand of her hair. Why? Why was she not permitted to fight!?
An image formed into her mind, an image of a world ruled by Madaara Uchiha…Her and Naruto locked up in rooms, never permitted to leave…the dead corpses of her friends, her court…
“Konohamaru, stop.” They had gotten a bit away from the fighting but not too far to see what was going on. The stars had begun an outright assault on Madaara Uchiha, using the attacks that had been given to them by their ancient ancestors.
Somehow, someway, Serenity knew they were not going to win without her.
Again what could she do? They deeply felt she had no business being on a battle field, even though as a ninja she had fought alongside most of them. They knew her strength, knew her to be powerful...
She watched with bated breath as her friends and comrades took on the elder Uchiha, each spent to their limits. There had to be something Serenity could do, even from far away. She placed her hand upon her heart, closed her eyes. Perhaps the crystal could help her decide what to do. Serenity didn't want another village destroyed. She didn't want more blood to shed.
“No more life gone…anything to accomplish that…Would make me happy.” She whispered.
She felt the pulsing deep within, the crystal reacting to her plea. Opening her eyes, Serenity raised her hand over her head as the light of the Sliver Crystal formed there in her palm.
Konohamaru was awestruck by the intense light, by the lady that wielded such power. This was not the old, scary Sakura Haruno that stood before him.
This was a goddess of light…a Hikari…
“Let no innocent heart be touched by evil.” Serenity stated. “Cover the innocent with your glow, until evil has been taken from this world.”
The light pulsed once, twice then traveled down its mistress' form, crystallizing her in the process. Konohamaru rushed to her side, worried for her life but the crystals got to him first, covering his form.
Crystal traveled from the two towards the ground, covering everything in its protective embrace. Children, fathers, mothers…buildings and towns. The crystal reached further from the lands of Konoha into other lands as well. Suna, Water, Mist…All of these lands and more became encased in the crystal's serene glow. The innocent slept within their crystal prison while the wicked watched, unable to cut through the crystal that surrounded their targets.
Far away in another land, Naruto watched the crystal blanket head his way. Nodding to his companions he stepped away from them. As the crystal began to encase his own body, the prince looked at Neiji and Hinata with all the wisdom in the world.
“Until it is done.” Then he fell into a dreamless sleep as the crystal completely encased him in its glow.
Madaara watched the spectacle, a bit surprised. He did not know this would happen.
“You lied to me…” He spoke to the person behind him.
Raven hair swung in the wind. “I know.”
They stood before him, the court of the first millennium moon. Raye stepped forward, regarded her own son.
“No relative of Usagi would wish the death of thousands of innocence.” She told him.
“It has begun.” The youngest and wisest of them all spoke up, parting the sea of Sailor Soldiers. She was the only one transformed, her deadly look scythe in her hand. “The age of crystal is upon us…” Sailor Saturn tapped the bottom of her weapon onto the crystal ground. “The innocent shall be safe while the wicked are destroyed.”
“If that is so…then why are you not under the crystal like the other stars?” Madaara asked.
Raye averted her gaze from Madaara to Serenity whose form seemed more like a crystallized statue of a queen than a sleeping person.
“Our age is done…Theirs…is only beginning…”
 
Next time: The Epilogue