Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ A Girl in the Akatsuki ❯ Not-So-Beautiful Memories ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
After finishing breakfast and placing my dish in the sink, I decided to take a walk.
Silently, I crept out of the hidden building into the garden. My jaw dropped in awe at the spectacular sight. There were tens, maybe even hundreds of different kinds of flowers growing here, bunched up with the colors that complemented each other.
"Wow, there's so many. Who would have thought-?" I muttered.
"Who would have thought that a bunch of criminals would have a garden?" Prompted a voice from behind me.
I glanced back to see Itachi.
Smiling, I asked, "Hmm, you know this is the first time I've heard you talk? Ever?"
As I turned back to the flowers, I spotted a bench and walked over to it. I sat quietly for a moment, before, "Who's it it?"
"It's mostly mine and Deidara's. It can get so boring around here, we needed something to do." He paused. "Tell a soul that I was associated in the creation of this and you die."
I nodded, not even paying any mind to the threat.
"I'm going to take a walk, see you." I said, getting up. I walked to the arch that marked the exit.
"All right. Try not to die." He said. There was a strange feeling affiliated with that sentence.
As I passed through the exit I laughed.
"Was that concern I heard? What do you know, he does have emotions!"
For a while I walked, but soon I resorted to running and eventually jumping from tree to tree. I kept this up for at least two hours, finally stopping in the middle of a clearing.
I froze.
"No..." I muttered, kneeling down.
There, beneath me, was a large, dark bloodstain in the soil.
My body shook with recollection-this was my blood.
I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. Unwillingly, my mind traveled back to the events that proceeded my joining the Akatsuki...
*********************************************************** ****** *************************************************************************** **************
I collapsed on the cold ground.
"I'm sorry Amaya...I hope you know how much I don't want to do this."
I could just barely see Fara glance around warily. My normally perfect vision was obscured by blood. My blood.
"Please, forgive me..." She said.
A moment after her words died on the wind, I felt several shooting pains in the pressure points of my body. I was slipping away, and I knew it, but I held on. I struggled to start pulling the senbon needles out of my body before their poison took effect.
"Amaya, don't! Please, I don't want to see you in any more pain than you are!" Fara gasped. Clearly, she didn't want to kill me.
"No. I'm not going without a fight." I said, wiping the blood from by mouth. Shakily I unsheathed my katana. Fara pulled out two kunai's, moving into a ready position.
"Amaya," She said, "I'll give you a chance to get away. You could still live. But only if I get those needles out. NOW!" She cried.
"No, Fara, I don't want to, but I swear, I'll kill you if you don't get out of my way. Move." I said.
Her eyes widened a little and she gasped, but she stayed where she was.
"I can't," She said. Her eyes started to tear up.
I took a deep breath and drew a particularly painful needle out of my arm.
Aiming carefully, I threw it, closing my eyes the moment it left my hand.
With a thump, her body hit the ground. I opened my eyes. Slowly, I walked towards her. Her eyes were closed. Good, I thought, she's not dead.
"Hmph," I breathed, "I guess I've gone soft."
I paused, listening to the sounds around me. A ways off, the other ANBU were coming.
Quickly as my body allowed, I took one of the flowers out of my hair and placed it in Fara's beautiful, long, black hair.
Panting, I retreated.
(An hour later...)
I stopped my mad sprint, bending over and putting my weight on my knees.
I sat on a log not far off and took a sip from my water flask, thinking back to what just happened.
"Fara should be waking up by now. And telling the others what I did. Great. Is everything I do wrong?!" I asked, throwing my clay flask in frustration. Of course, it hit a tree. Shattering.
I swore, getting up to clean up the pottery. As soon as I reached a standing position, more pain shot through my body, increased ten-fold.
Gasping, I fell to the ground. And with a grimace in my face I started pulling the rest of the senbon out of my body.
As soon as I had the first of many needles out, it started to rain. Because of my Kekkei Genkai, I had a natural affinity for rain. Especially storms. But not when it was ice cold. I would use the Starr Lotus to stop the rain, but I didn't even have the strength to use my own bloodline trait! Shivering, I "bit the bullet", or more accurately, my tongue, and kept tugging the needles from my limbs.
As I pulled the last of the little devils out of my arm, the rain finally warmed up. Sighing, or rather panting heavily, I shakily stood. Carefully sheathing my katana, I inspected my injuries. Blood was flowing from the small holes the senbon left behind.
I reached for my pack, to get some bandages, but before I could even open it, the last of my energy was depleted.
As my body fell and hit the newly made mud, I could have sworn I saw one of the trees move...
*************************************************************** ** *************************************************************************** **************
I opened my eyes. It was afternoon now. It would probably be back by nightfall. Sighing, I got up, only to fall back down again.
I swore.
My stupid muscles were stiff from staying still for so long!
"Need a hand?" Asked a voice from behind me.
I turned to see...