Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ A Girl in the Akatsuki ❯ "WHAT ARE YOU DOING, HMM?!" ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
"Something tells me that you're not happy to see me." Said a voice next to me.

Before I could question as to who was speaking, the smooth voice that was nearly familiar to me by new rung out behind me.

"Really?" It asked, "Why doesn't this surprise me?"

I turned to see someine in a pair of white shorts and a blue shirt next to me, and Itachi not far off behind me.

"Sasuke?" I asked, using more of my percious energy. Just fighting my muscles so I could stay up was making me weaker.

"The one and only." Sasuke replied, flashing a grin at me but still burning a hole in Itachi. (Figuratively, not with that fire jutsu...)

"W-What are you doing here?" Somehow, despite my efforts, I was sinking towards the ground.

"After you didn't return after four hours, I got a little suspious." He said flatly.

Sasuke crouched down next to me. He gave me a quick once over, checking for injuries.

A stab of pain surged through my body, and a small river of tears poured out of my eyes.

"What's wrong?" Sasuke asked, confusion and concern woven into his voice.

"My damn muscles tenced up, so I can't get up and I'm still really sore from a while ago." I explained quickly, gritting my teeth as the pain still flowed through me.

He gave me a look of confusion, shifting his head to one side.

"Before you met me," I gasped, "Long story."

Sasuke nodded. Without warning, he scooped me up bridal style.

I was acutely aware of how close we were. Let me put it this way: REALLY close.

Itachi's eyes widened the smallest bit but otherwise he stayed still.

Sasuke? You don't have to carry me! Seriously! I tried to say, but all I managed was a small squeak.

"Calm down," Sasuke said, "I won't drop you."

That's the least of my worries, chicken-butt for hair. I thought.

Still though, I couldn't speak, so I just nodded.

"Itachi, if you'll excuse me," Sasuke said, disrespect drowning his words.

He crouched down, jumped, and landed in a tree.

For a while I tried to sit in as dignified a position, but my back started to ache. Blushing, I leaned against Sasuke's chest. It was a bit more comfortable, but still kind of embarrassing. I glanced upward. He appeared not to notice.

At least I'm consious this time. I thought.

That gave me an idea. Why go through the embarrassment? For a moment I considerede telling Sasuke, but I thought of how amusing it would be to hear of his reaction-that is, is he didn't do anything rash.

Closing my eyes, I slowly, not to meantion shakily, made my hand touch the pressure point on my neck, knocking me out cold. I kept my mind clear so I wouldn't be interrupted by dreams.

In my last waking moment, I put my hand back in my lap...

*Sasuke's POV*

I jumpoed into the tree, taking care not to drop the extra weight that was Amaya. It was kind of hard to jump from tree to tree carrying someone your own size.

So long as she stays like that though, she can't be very comfortable. I thought. It seriously CAN'T be comfortable, not to mention that it HAD to be tiring.

Her weight shifted and I realized she was now leaning against my chest.

There we go, now it'll be easier for both of us.

I felt her move her arms, but I thought nothing of it, as she moved them right back.

Then she went limp. Not comfortable limp.

Being a ninja, I could tell withoug even looking:

This was unconsious limp. Dead limp.

I immeadeately stopped on a large branch, softly setting her down.

"Amaya?! Amaya, what's wrong?! I cried. She didn't exactly hop right up. On the contrary. She was completely non-responsive.

Eyes closed, even breathing, pulse, no kunai, senbon, shuriken, katana imbedded in body, what's wrong? Could it be a Genjutsu? I made the release sign. Nothing happened. She still lay there, perfectly still, aside from the slight rise and fall of her chest.

That's when I finally figured it out. She was unconsious.

"Why though?" I muttered, glancing at her.

I wanted to wake her, but I still had yet to learn any water-style jutsu's, so that was out. Other than that, I didn't know any way to wake someone up.

"Maybe Neji-? No. I left Konoha, I can't go back now. And no one in the Akatsuki trust me enough for me to turn to them yet."

Knowing there was nothing I could do, I carefully grabbed her and held her close, saving time and using chakra to teleport us not only back to the hideout, but to our room.

I quickly walked to my bed, pulling down the covers with one hand and setting her down with the other.

Turning the chair from my dest to face the bed, I asked, "Amaya, what could have happened?" Using as soft a touch as possible, I felt her forehead. Also normal. "I guess you'll have to tell me yourself when you wake up."

Already, I'd decided that I'd keep talking while she was asleep. I had heard that I would help them get through pain and maybe even wake them up a little sooner.

*Amaya's POV*

Once I had pressed my pressure point, I had fell into a deep, peaceful sleep. But there was something pulling me back, never letting me go too far under. That's not to say it wasn't met with resistance. But after what felt like hours, I allowed myself to come a few steps closer to the waking world.

From there I could tell that the thing that was holding me back was a voice. Smooth, caring, far too mature- I smiled, but let it fade, knowing that he could be watching-I knew who it was...

Still though, my body needed to recouperate, so I went under for a few more hours.

(A few hours later...)

I allowed myself to wake up, my eyes fluttering open.

"Sasuke?" I asked looking into the darkness. His voice had stopped a long time ago.

My eyes finally found him not far off, asleep, in his desk chair. Chuckling, I sat up. There was a heavy blanket on me.

"Huh?" I asked myself, looking around. After my eyes adjusted to the dark, I could tell I was in our room, but I was looking at it from an odd angle.

Finally, I realized I was in-

"Sasuke's bed?" I asked myself.

I glanced over at the sleeping form of Sasuke. He wasn't even moving, really. Just sleeping. Sighing, I swung my legs over the edge of the bed. As soon as I stood, I fell right back down. I didn't hit the bed. My knees and elbows slammed into the hardwood floors. There's a reason those things are called hard wood.

"Ow." I muttered, blowing hair from my face. "This whole being the only weak one" thing is getting old."

"Try being the weak one's rescuer." Said a voice nevt to me.

Looking up, I saw Sasuke.

"This is why I put you on my bed, Amaya. I don't think a five-foot drop would be good for you now..." He said, kneeling down, just like- How long ago was it? Hours? Oh, well.

Same as last time, he carefully lifted me up, this time making the extra effort to send in a HUGE flow of chakra to completely numb the pain. (Or so I thought...I later found out that he had stole a trick from Neji and just numbed my legs for a while. But he DID send chakra in too.)

"Thanks." I muttered, "Hey, Sasuke?"

He gently set me down on the bed, then answered, "Yes?"

"What time is it? Last I checked, it was the middle of the day."

"About nightfall." He replied, sitting down next to me.

"That's why you were asleep?" I prompted, moving over to make room.

"Yes, that and the fact that I used a lot of charka getting us here." Sasuke said.

I gave him a questioning look.

"I wanted to get back faster." He explained. He was silent for a while, then he muttered, " I was worried about you."

I blinked. H-He was worried? Ab-About me? I thought. For a while, I was silent, wondering how to reply. Finally, I settled on one word.

"Really?" I asked, voice shaky and quiet.

He started to answer, but was interrupted by a knock at the door.

A mere second later, Deidara entered the room.

(Lets not forget that Sasuke and I, a boy and a girl, were sitting on a bed, in the dark, and we didn't answer the door. HUGE COINCIDENCE.)

"Hm? Am I interrupting something?" Deidara asked, looking around the room. Finally, his eyes reached the bed. "WHAT'S GOING ON HERE? HMM?!"