Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ A Girl in the Akatsuki ❯ Reluctancy ( Chapter 6 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
WARNING SPOILER!!!! HUGE!!! If you want me to send you a copy w/o the spoiler, lemme know!

Tobi opened the door and standing there was definitely not Sasuke, but Leader. Under his mask, Amaya thought Tobi was gaping.

"Good Morning, Ma-Tobi. You need to get ready, you have a mission soon, and-" He cut off, glancing over Tobi's shoulder at the red eyed and wet faced Amaya, whom was still in bed and apparently still wearing the same dirt stained thing as yesterday. "What's wrong with Amaya?" He muttered, so she wouldn't hear him.

"You haven't heard? One of the Uchiha's messed her up." He said plainly, also peeking over his shoulder at the girl. She had got out of bed, gathered her knapsack, and was heading towards them. Leader gave her a curious glance when she passed by without so much of a 'Morning'.

She turned the corner and it was obvious where she was going. Leader raised a brow. "She's going to take a bath again. She does that when she needs to relax." Tobi explained.

Leader "Ah"-ed. "Which Uchiha? Wouldn't be you, would it, Madara?" He asked.

"No, it wasn't me. Actually, it was Sasuke. He told her how he got here. Who he associated with, I mean. According to her, she more or less beat the living shit out of the guy. Thing is she used too much chakra and had to wake me up so I could help her up to that Kami-forsaken bed of hers, so I gave her a bit of advice. Nothing, really."

"I see. Well, in that case I'm sure you'll convey to her that you are now back on a team with Deidara, and her and Sasuke will remain partners." Leader said. Before Madara, A.K.A. Tobi, could reply, he was gone.

Tobi sighed and closed the door. He understood what Leader was saying. Heck, he'd analyzed the whole plan already, but he still wasn't so sure of it. Amaya and Sasuke only created trouble...

~In the Bathroom~

Amaya was waiting for her bath to fill, so she decided to draw a bit. She flipped through her sketchbook, looking for a blank page. She was getting nearer to the end. Suddenly she froze. There, right in front of her, was the picture she drew of Tobi and Sasuke.

She barely had time to grab a towel before she started bawling.

She sat there a good five minutes before she calmed down. She looked behind her to check on the water. It was perfect, right where she liked it. She quickly took off her clothes and practically dived in. Ahh...Heaven....In the middle of Hell...*T.T*

Amaya spent what was most likely three hours in the tub before she got so pruny that she had to get out.

She dressed in clean clothes, too disgusted with her dirt-ruined outfit from yesterday. Today she had a mesh ½ sleeve shirt and lace-up top (laced in the front, much like Shrek's, except feminine and long in the back.) and a comfy pair of ninja pants on. Her hair was only in a tight braid down her back.

She got out, and put on her mp3 player on the way down to the kitchen, so she wouldn't have to talk to anyone.

As planned, none of the criminals at the table uttered a word to her. They were talking, though, so Amaya paused her music, listening in as she made her breakfast.

"...Don't really see why you put her in a room with those two, Leader. I mean, Sasuke and Tobi get a room together because you say they're related, but why did you put Amaya in with them?" Zetsu's two half's asked, switching every other half sentence. Amaya finished the cooking process and began eating her meal, leaning against the island and looking out the window, keeping her back to the men. (A/N: In this fic Konan (Blue girl) is off on a very long mission. Yes, Amaya met her, but barely. She was just leaving when Amaya woke up. Becides, she's an adult. She can hide her feminine side, much unlike our star! Not to mention that she's ofter...erm...busy. YOU'VE SEEN THE FANART!(not the hentai, though, I hope))

"That is not something you need to know, Zetsu. I'll explain later. As of now, though, that is none of your concern." Leader said.

Amaya's eyes widened the tiniest bit. Luckily, her back was turned so no one noticed. Sasuke and Tobi...Related? That was something to think about.

She finished eating and walked to the back door, heading outside. Maybe I can sneak off long enough to go to Konoha to get some background info. on Uchiha. (A/N: She means Sasuke)

Before she turned her music back on, she heard something else. "You don't think she heard us . . .?" Kisame asked slowly. She heard Hidan utter a 'Nah!' before the room filled with silence. Suddenly a firm, "Where is she", replaced the silence. 'Oooo's filled the room. At that point, Amaya turned her music back on..

As she exited the "Shire home" as she dubbed it on spot, she went to the garden she found last time. She heard something behind her, but paid it no mind. It was most likely no one important.

She quickly moved trough the plants before coming to an exit. Strangely, it wasn't the same one as last time. This one as like a hallway made of many tightly woven thin vines-almost like a shoji screen.

She sighed, turning away. "I'll explore later..." She muttered. After that she set off to find the exit.

~

Amaya sighed. It had been a hour and she hadn't found the Kami-damned exit. She couldn't exactly walk back into the kitchen after stalking off like that. It was completely undignified! Now she was coming up the now familiar path to the shoji hallway.

She growled. "I give up! I'll take the stupid hallway!" She muttered angrily to herself.

This time, she moved swiftly through the twisting halls. It must have been fifteen minutes before she realized that she was a ninja. "Duh!" She muttered, crouching down. She focused her chakra to her feet and leapt.

She almost cleared the vines when she felt her head hit something very solid. With a sickening crunch, she landed on the ground. "Oooow..." Amaya moaned. Pain was pulsing through her body, drowning out all other senses.

She looked down at the source of the pain. "Kami-damn ankle, I swear to Kami, I'll just saw it off." She whispered, repositioning herself so she could inspect her injured appendage without tearing a muscle. This left her leaning heavily against the vines, one leg sticking out while she tended to (or tried to, at least) her ankle. Which was in worse shape than it should have been. Her foot had been forced to the side so much that it had actually tore the skin to the bone.

By now, as you could imagine, Amaya was quite angry. Therefore, the sound of steps behind her just had to have driven her over the edge.

"Amaya?" A voice called. "Amaya?" It called again, closer this time. HELL, no! She thought angrily.

"Amaya!? AMAYA!" By now it was just a few yards away. "Amaya, are you alright?!"

Amaya looked up to see, yup, you guessed it, the one, the only, Sasuke Uchiha.


~

How the HELL did I get from hating Uchiha to being carried bridal style in his arms? Amaya asked herself ten minutes later, thinking back.

"I was." Amaya replied curtly.

"What happened to you?" Sasuke asked.

"I got lost in this freaking-Kami-forsaken maze, what’s it look like?" Amaya answered sarcastically.

"Just that, actually. Why did you come in here?" Sasuke asked, kneeling down to inspect her ankle.

"Is that any of your business?" Amaya asked.

"It might be. I won’t know 'till you tell me, so spill." Sasuke said, deciding for her.

"
Fine, teme. I wanted to go visit my village, okay? I'm not technically a missing nin yet, so as long as I look a bit different I could make it in." She explained.

"Why did you want to go back? I thought you were kicked out. Tobi said that the whole reason that we found you was that you'd been falsely accused of killing everyone in your family."

"What?! Tobi told you that?!" She said loudly. "That's it, I'm gonna kill him!" As she said that, she started to get up.

"Hold it. You're not even going to be able to walk on that foot for a couple days." Sasuke said, putting up a hand to stop her. She was faster than he anticipated, though, so his hand went a little lower than he expected. Right. On. Her. Chest.

Amaya's breath caught, and she turned about thirty shades of red. Meanwhile, Sasuke somehow neglecting to remove his appendage from hers, turned an even deeper red than Amaya.

Amaya's subconscious made Amaya do what Hinata's would have. AKA, She fainted.

Sasuke, not having really known Hinata, didn't know what the reason behind Amaya's unconsciousness was. So all he could do was pick her up and walk back to HQ...

And now, here she was, now only feigning unconsciousness so she wouldn't have to talk to him. Oh, that's what happened. She thought.

She heard the back kitchen door creak open and close-instantly knowing she was in the hideout again. A voice gagged somewhere to the side.

"Sasuke, what the hell happened?" Asked Hidan's incredulous voice through the coughs.

"Take her, would ya? I have to get some bandages." Sasuke asked. Apparently Hidan consented because Amaya felt herself being transferred from Sasuke's warm ones to Hidan's, well, warmer ones.

"So, what the hell did you do to her?" Hidan asked.

"I didn't do anything to her. I was looking for her when I heard the sound of a bone breaking. Not pretty, trust me. I knew she was out there, so I thought it was her. Obviously it was." Sasuke's voice echoed while he rooted around in a cabinet for some bandages.

"And why is she unconscious?" Hidan inquired.

"I found her that way. I guess it was the pain. Hold her still, now, I have to re-set the bone. You might wanna cover her mouth, too." Sasuke said, now next to Amaya.

Amaya, who had had many horrible injuries, had never broken a bone. Hence, she wasn't expecting the pain that was about to come. Neither did Hidan, which is why he didn't have time to cover her mouth before-

SNAP!

"Ahhh!!!" Amaya shrieked, face scrunching up in pain. As suddenly as the pain had come, it dulled down to a throbbing. Amaya, not much of a pain-lover, still scrunched up her face, just not quite as much. She was sweating, too. Now she was on the brink of

Sasuke's voice seemed irked. "That's why I told you to cover her mouth."

"Well I didn't think you were serious! You could have said 'She's gonna scream' or something, but no. All you said was to cover her mouth!" Hidan argued.

The boys got into a loud fight, obviously. Considering he was who he was, Leader was the one to stop it. "SILENCE! You will tell me why you are arguing and why Amaya is unconscious now." He commanded. Amaya heard both Sasuke and Hidan gulp.

"W-Well, Sir..." Hidan studdered. Sasuke decided to take over.

"Amaya broke her ankle and I had to re-set the bone, which is why she screamed, which is why Hidan and I are arguing. I told him to cover her mouth, Sir." Sasuke explained pitifully.

Hidan agreed.

"I see. Sasuke, how did she break her ankle?" Leader asked.

"I think she got lost in the maze in the back garden and tried to jump out." Sasuke said. Leader walked the rest of the way to Hidan, gesturing for him to hand Amaya over. As he walked to the living room couch, he continued.

"Ah. And why was she in the maze?" Leader asked. Sasuke shrugged. "You don't know? It's because she was upset. Do you know why she was upset?" Another shrug. "I see. Well, you are suspended from missions until you figure it-" He was cut off.

"Wait..." Amaya's weak voice said. "Don't punish him. It's not his fault that his old sensei was a bastard." She explained from her place on the couch. "Punish me. It's my fault I broke my Kami-damned ankle, not his."

"Who broke their ankle?" A voice asked. Everyone's eyes followed the source of the sound. Deidara, Tobi, Zetsu, Kisame and Kakuzu were all filing into the large room. It was Tobi who had asked.

"Amaya." Sasuke muttered.

"Wow, the girl's just a magnet for trouble, isn't she?" Kisame asked.

"Oi, fish-face, I'm not K.O. here!" Amaya called, still rather weak. Kisame grimaced. Amaya tried to sit up, but didn’t make it far before the pain from her ankle spread through her whole body.

"Ah-Ouch!" She said, closing her eyes tightly.

"Would one of you get Amaya a cold compress?" Leader asked. Tobi hurried off to the kitchen to find one in the freezer.

"Are you sure about that, Amaya?" Leader asked her. "Do you really want to be punished for his mistakes?"

Amaya nodded. Leader chuckled. "It's settled, then. No one's being punished."

"Huh?" Amaya and Sasuke asked dumbly.

"No one's being punished." Leader repeated. "I just had to test you two. I wanted to make sure you two were compatible." With that, he faded back to his room.

"Compatible?" Amaya asked herself. She groaned. "If he's thinking what I think he's thinking, I am out of here."

Tobi showed up to give her the compress, chuckling lightly. "What's so funny, orange-head?" Amaya asked sarcastically.

"You'll want a ticket to Konoha after this." He warned.

"I think I can handle it." Amaya replied curtly.

"Okaaaay..." He started.

~

Amaya plopped down on the grass. She set her lunch down next to her, absentmindedly humming.

Tobi gave her a once over. "I'm gonna go inside. Want me to send someone out to keep an eye on you?" He asked. But it was too late. Amaya had completely gone into daydream mode, staring vaguely at the scenery. When Amaya didn't reply, he sighed. "Holler if you need me." With that, he left Amaya to enjoy her lunch.

Once she was sure Tobi was gone, Amaya looked around. She noticed her beautiful surroundings, but barely paid them any mind. What she was looking for was any kind of human, shark, or the like. None.

She sighed contentedly. Alone at last. She thought as she began to eat her rice. She thought back to what Tobi had said.

"He's not thinking what you're thinking, if that's what you're worried about." He explained, sitting down next to Amaya.

"What then?" She asked.

"Well, promise you won't hit me and I'll tell you." He said.

She held up a hand. "Promise."

"Leader put me back with Deidara. You and Sasuke are alone now."

She froze. "What?" She asked, voice flat but meaning clear.

"Don't blame me! He told me this morning." Tobi said, almost sad. It had been nice to have someone to talk to.

Amaya gulped. "Does that mean you're moving back to Deidara's room, too?" She asked, mouth suddenly dry. Leader couldn't possibly.
Wouldn't.

"Yup."

"I'm beginning to wonder why I joined this organization..." Amaya muttered.

"Me too." Said a voice beside her. Amaya didn't jump, for once. The voice wasn't sharp, but soft. "I think it's because we both wanted to escape what we thought was a worse fate. I guess it shows that we're both idiots, no matter how reluctant we are to admit it..." He said.

"Sasuke, what are you doing here?" Amaya muttered softly.

"Leader sent me out here to keep you in check. No more wandering off." He explained.

"Ah."

"Why did you run off the first time?" He asked.

"Didn't I already answer that?" Amaya snapped.

"Yes, but you and I both know that wasn't the whole truth. Why?" Sasuke asked again.

"The truth? I was sick of you." Amaya said.

"Why, though?" Sasuke asked.

"Because, Baka, your sensei was the bastard who killed my family. He's the whole reason you found me half dead a few days ago." Amaya muttered quickly, feeling her eyes start to prickle. She needed an excuse to get Sasuke away before she lost all the dignity she had left.

" I don't suppose you could get me more rice? I won't run for it, I swear. I'm just hungry." Amaya asked.

Sasuke sighed. "If you're gone when I get back, there'll be hell to pay." He warned, grabbing her bowl and heading back into the hideout.

Amaya sighed, leaning back against a tree. She took one last look around before releasing the pent up emotions.

"Now, now, why so sad?" Asked a raspy voice behind her.

Oh, HELL no! She thought, swirling around. She stood, and instantly crashed back down, screaming in pain.

"Oh, are you alright?" The voice mocked. Now it wasn't just a voice. There was a body to accompany it now.

"Orochimaru." Amaya said, voice breaking twice. "What are you doing here?" She asked, reaching for her ninja gear. SHIT! It was in her room.

"Why, I'm simply paying back an old friend of mine." He chuckled. With that, he grabbed her by the hair, threw her up high and caught her in a sealed tub.

Trapped in the darkness, Amaya could only guess what was going on.

She heard a bowl crash a ways away, and the loud creak of the back kitchen door. Sasuke!

"Sasuke! Help me you bastard!" She cried, pounding on the sides of the large bucket.

"Orochimaru!" She heard Sasuke growl.

She heard Orochimaru chuckle again. "Don't hurt your little fists, Amaya, my dear. He can't hear you or any noise you make in that bucket."

That's it! He can't hear anything I say or do inside the bucket, but he never said ANYTHING about outside the bucket. But I can't simply break it! I know! Amaya thought. She closed her eyes, made the correct seals, and focused her chakra. "Oi, Orochimaru! You forgot one very important thing!" She shouted when her chakra was at it's peak.

"And what's that?" He asked, mocking her with his very tone.

She released her wrath, a storm surrounding Orochimaru and the bucket. One lightning strike! JUST ONE!

An earsplitting crack filled the air. Amaya didn't have any time to block it from her, so her eardrums suffered as much as Orochimaru's.

What Sasuke saw was Orochimaru holding a large seal tub, much like the one he had been stuck in. Orochimaru laughed lightly, whispering to the wood. Suddenly, storm clouds appeared in the sky. A stream of them came down around Orochimaru, surrounding him in an instant. Finally, with a deafening crack, lightning struck, breaking open the tub to reveal Amaya.

She staggered and stood, keeping most of her weight on her good leg. Orochimaru would look comedic if he wasn't so deadly. His hair was sticking out everywhere and his clothes were singed. Not to mention that he was on the ground at Amaya's feet, face in the dirt.

"What you forgot was that I am Amaya of the Kaera clan, and I WILL NOT be beaten." Amaya smirked.

"Oh, really?" Orochimaru coughed. Amaya was staggering now, worse than ever. She had maybe fifteen seconds until she passed out.

"For some reason, I do not believe that." Orochimaru said. He grabbed on to her bad ankle. Amaya cried out in pain, passing out before she could even finish the sound. He started to disappear, but noticed Sasuke.

"Oh, and Sasuke? If you want the girl back, you know where I am." He smirked, disappearing into the abyss.

(A/N: This chapter was made extra-long because:
1)
I wanted to give you guys a present for waiting so long


2)
I was on a writing spree.

3) I have no time anymore, so when I type, I forget how long I've been doing it. (In relation to 2, I guess)