Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ A Innocent Smile ❯ Your Rose ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Kakashi stood in front of the falling sun. Leaving Sakura in his shadow. He just stood there without a care for the world around him. Sakura stalked over to his side. But when she looked over to him she regretted it. A tear streaked his face and he looked down the scar slowly vanishing.

"I can only wait for so long." He whispers into the quickening darkness.

It's black and Sakura slowly gains vision of her lover. He now crouches over a pile of dirt. Carved into it is a italic S.

"They all reminded me of you."

He glances up at her and stands up. He holds a red rose in hand and pulls down his mask. He kisses the stem and places it on the pile of dirt. As if it were someone beyond precious to him.

"Kakashi will you ever kiss me like that?" Sakura asks.

He turns to her and takes her hand within his.

"If you can find me. If you can find me." He repeats tell she wakes.

"They just get weirder." I say out of exasperation.

I look to my sides and find my own separate hotel room. The luxurious on some missions are worth the trip, but it's kind of rude. To send ninja out to do a fatal job and there last meal would be what you offered. They don't know if we shall die or not. I see my clothing that I hung to dry after washing. The slim blanket that was covering me was now laying on the ground by the bed. Naruto is sleeping in the room next to me. That lug probably wouldn't wake for his turn tell noon.

I pick up my clothing from the hanger next to me. I undue some of the wrinkles and lay them on my bed as I pull off my sleeping wear. My fox sleeping gown, and yes it has the tale along with the ear hood. They slip on comfortably like usual. The room is a bright red, and it fits to my taste of color. It's a frightening taste to like the color of blood. A thin out the wrinkles in my clothing again and reassure myself that the day will be fine before setting out the door.

Outside it's refreshing. The damp air feels so calming against my skin. Most would whine about how heavy the air is, but I like it. It's a sweet kind of air to me. Like candy. People are walking eagerly up and down the road. Children begging their parents for toys they see in near by stores. It was so strange and different to the old waves I remember. Death a very well known thing everywhere. Everyone afraid of a short man with to many dead brain cells. Now it feels safe like you could sleep on the sidewalk and you would wake with everything you owned.

All I had to do now was watch over the place and keep a keen eye for anything suspicious. I probably won't have to worry, most villains do there work at night. That's Naruto's job. I simply get a few hours and Naruto gets the rest. I feel bad for him. His is a lot more harder. But I was favorites by our employer and he insisted. So I will do the best I can as of for now.

I walk across the street and and duck under to find a ramen restaurant. The food smells especially well made, but I deny my desires. I duck back out and walk down the sidewalk. When suddenly a crash and thud was heard followed by thousands of screams. A lot of screams for just this tiny little place. I'm in utterly shock before a second slips by and I snap into my known career. I run down the street to a crowd of people. I push through to see what the whole commotion is about. Only then when I get to the front do I understand everyone worry and disgust.

"We have another body marked with mark across the victims left eye." I speak softly into my earpiece.

I bend down to the body and fully roll her on her back. She has elegant black hair that is tangled into rats of a forest. Her blue eyes have lost color and become glassy in comparison. Her nose is quiet large, but has been brutally rammed within her face. Her cheeks are red with stained gum blood. Her face expression is frozen in terror. She is nude and obviously had been taken care of past the face. I can see indents from rope on her throat and wrists.

I finally work off the nerve to shoo of the remaining watching citizens. They are worried and scared for there own life, I know how it feels. It's never been easy. But the only reason I want to get them away so quickly is because I have my new theory that I must check immediately and I might make a fool of myself if it was there. I smear away some of the fresh blood on her cheek and find a rose tattooed amongst her skin.

I stumble backwards from my squatting position. I knew it. Red is my favorite color along with pink and that dream wasn't only realistic it's telling me something. But my thoughts of rapid proportion are ruined with the radio.

"The medical examiner will be there as soon as possible." They said nice and loud.

As soon as my shift ended I sped home in eager seek of comfort. I sped under my blanket and started to think to myself.

If Kakashi really is the killer he has really lost it. I can't let him get to me. If I let him win I might lose it. No, shut-up there is simply no way that could have been Kakashi-sensei. Lethargic sensei. With the cute eye crease and innocent seek for porn. I will have to push him out of my mind...

When I was younger I used to obsess over Tsunade's amazing power. Driving her to the point of insanity so she could train me again. Eventually she would give in a second time that day. We would go out to the training grounds and she would smash some rocks shaped like jiraiya's head. Then Kakashi's and Iruka's and the elders. Wait that reminds me...

Naruto will be home when I wake for my shift. I miss being able to sleep in the room with him at the same time. To feel his warmth pressed to my back as I drifted into my dreams. Or to wake to his bedhead and cute little whiskers. I have to be in the same room with him. I will make it up to him for the separation. Will go out to a nice ramen place and I'll bring him to say hi to Iruka-sensei. Yeah and when I get home I can make-

"So how is it to pretend you don't dream about me?"

To Be Continued...