Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ A Once In A Lifetime Oppertunity ❯ Chapters 1-9 ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter 1: You Never Know What You Got 'Till The Night Before It's Gone!

Angela glance at the digital clock sitting on her bookcase in the darkness; 9:11pm. It was early but she had actually went to bed at about 8:00, an hour earlier. The wishy-washyness of the Sandman annoyed her, especially tonight when her first day back to school after Thanksgiving Break was the next day. She tried to sleep again, but that song played again; 'Everything You Ever Wanted' by Hawk Nelson. It was about as bad as 'Goodbye for Now' by P.O.D. when it came to songs that made her depressed. It made her think of one of the only people she considered a friend at school, a friend who had suffered enough throughout his life. She smilied back at the nickname she tried to give him, 'Neji-kun', after the two of them were talking about Naruto and she accidently called him Neji.

Angela's eyes welled up with tears at the thought of that memory. Before she knew it she was crying, thinking about the past Thanksgiving Break. A friend she talked to online thanked her for helping her out during a rough time, the lesson that Angela's youth pastor had given that morning made Angela relize how much she had to give thanks for.

'Of course Ciara and all my other friends...' Angela thought, smiling, thinking back to the jokes, and secrets that the two of them had shared at the basketball hoop in the parking lot at their church, and some of the random IM conversations she had with Ciara, Ciara's older sister, and some of her other friends.

The little voice in the back of Angela's head was shouting. 'Your forgetting people baka!' it screamed. Angela smilied, how could she forget JDragon, TaijutsuLee, Lil Hinata, cherryblossom_31, and all the other people she knew on the Naruto bandai forums?

She smilied slightly about how she told JDragon about he reached a new level of spap on her forum when he spammed his own warn level. 'I still wanna know how the heck he did that!' she thought.

Other memories floated by, anything from her first memories in preschool till right before she went to her room to go to bed that night. Extremely funny memories from recent months popped up. The Community 3 fanfiction she started which was never finished, the avatar she found concerning Sasuke and pancakes, and of course the Shadow World song she made up in Elementry school and sung it to her friends just to annoy them.

Angela felt tears well up in her eyes again, thinking back to her last day of 5th grade, and how each of her friends promised to see each other in high school. She did see a few of them though, one of them went to her school last year, another went to her church the year before last, and the other two she was most likely never going to see again. She drifted off to sleep, thoughts still running through her head.

~Next Day, School, shortly before the bell~

"Angela!!!" Angela heard the familiar cry of Kayla, a girl she made friends with who was in the grade below her. That was the interesting thing about Angela's first class of the day, it was combined class of two grades and there were only two other people besides her who were in her grade. "I went to go get the annocements and Miss Garcia told me to go find you."

"Why?" Angela asked in reply.

"I don't know, she wouldn't tell me. I'll tell Ms. Smith you're gonna to be late." Kayla said and bounded off to the media room, where Angela's first hour class did the annocements for the school over the TV.

~Office~

"Principal wanted to see you..." Miss Garcia said in answer to Angela's question of why she was summoned to the office. Angela nodded, taking a tentative step into the office. She walked in, closing the door noiselessly behind her. She saw two people standing next to 'Mr. Principal' as she and her friends jokingly refered to the principal as.

"You wanted to see me?" Angela asked, unsure.

"Uh-huh, you've been chosen to go to a, how can I put this? A school in Japan for two years." Mr. Principal replied. "These two are here from that school." he said, refering to the blonde, and dark haired women standing next to him, the dark-haired one was holding a pig.

"Um...hi?" Angela said, politly. 'These two look so famailiar...I can't remember where I've seen them before.' she thought. Then suddenly the line of a song popped into her head, 'Getting Into You' by Relient K.

'Do you? Know what you? Are getting yourself into?' the song played into her head.










Chapter 2: 'Do you? Know what you? Are getting yourself into?'
A/N: Expletive...'Holy Moses' was stolen from a friend of mine...

~Still in Mr. Principal's Office~

Angela smilied, nervously.

"Do my folks know?" Angela asked.

"Yes...and considering your grades right now, I was very close to not sending you." Mr. Principal explained. Angela cringed at the thought of her grades in Math, Science, and Spanish. "...moving on...from what Miss Honou said, you won't be needing anything, all of your...esentials...shall be provided for you."

Angela froze when she heard 'Honou'. Word Assoctian game time folks!: Honou->Tsunade->Shizune->Sakura->[B]Naruto[/B]...she couldn't be sure though.

"Well then...Angela-chan...let's be going." the blonde 'Miss Honou' said to her. Angela nodded.

~Two Days later, Konoha?!~

"Well here we are...say hello to your apartment." 'Miss Honou' aka Tsunade told Angela as she unlocked an apartment door. Angela walked in, dropping her backpack on the floor (the one thing she brought besides the clothes on her back) in suprise, and awe.

"Holy Moses..." Angela said in awe. "...no way the peeps back home are gonna believe this." It was three rooms (three rather small rooms) a living room / kitchen / laundry room, a small bedroom with a small dresser and bed, and a bathroom. She sat down on a small, rather comfortable couch.

"Well, your academy training begins tommorow. And in the bedroom you'll find some clothes, your mother was kind enough to tell us what size you were and Shizune picked the clothes out." Tsunade said and left. Angela walked into the bedroom and saw a pair of black pants and camoflauge t-shirt. She also smilied when she saw an alarm clock / CD Player plugged in on the nightstand. Angela could only guess that it was picked out and sent by her mom.

"Thank you Mum!" Angela cried with joy when she saw the three CDs sitting on the alarm clock; Pillar's 'Where do we go from here?' CD; P.O.D.'s 'Satalitte' CD; and Emery's 'The Question' CD, the three CDs she wanted for Christmas. She looked under the table, eyes wide with delight, hoping something like her Christmas presents were under it. She sighed when she only saw a card.
Angela,
Miss Honou has the gifts I bought you for Christmas. You'll have to wait for when Christmas comes like everyone else back in the U.S. sent clock and CDs due to you not having any of your CDs with you.
Love you,
Mom

Angela shrugged. She plopped down onto her bed, and fell asleep as her P.O.D. CD played.

~A few hours later~

Lee knocked on the door of Angela's apartment. Angela opened the door, half-asleep, and was blinded by the glare from Lee's nice guy pose.

"May I help you?" Angela asked, half asleep, angered to be woken from her nap with such a blinding light of Lee's teeth.

"Your Angela-chan ne?" Lee asked her. Angela nodded. Welcoming Committee eh?

"Ne...now what do you want I was having such a nice nap!"

"Tsunade-sama wishes to talk to you."

"Alright...now...GOOD-BYE!" Angela said, shutting the door in Lee's face. [I]'Crap...wrong thing to do to someone who could beat you down in five seconds flat...but, wait I'm sure Lee wouldn't do that...after all I am younger then him and I highly doubt Lee's the type to hit girls...'[/I] she thought.

She frowned, a sudden memory popping into her head, she shooed the memory away like a stray cat. The memory was the famous phrase that John, the friend she tried to call 'Neji-kun' always said to her when she'd ask him if he wanted to fight (sarcastically, of course) [I]'...I'd lose, I don't hit girls...'[/I] She sighed and slipped on the new pair of shoes that she had recieved along with her new outfit.

~Tsunade's Office, ten minutes later~

"Lee said you wanted to see me..." Angela said, opening the door to Tsunade's office slightly and slipping inside.

"Yes...thought maybe we should chat a little more concerning your staying here for two years." Tsunade told her. "Sit down."

Angela looked at the chair, then again at Tsunade. It was as bad as her first time being in Mr. Principal's office for the first time in her three years at middle school and she didn't do anything wrong, it was just him asking her about an idea she had last year about keeping little kits of food and first aid stuff in the classrooms during lock downs at school. She sat down after about a minute.

"As you most likely figured out already, the school your going to won't be like the school you used to go to..." Tsunade explained.

'Kinda figured that out already...' Angela thought.










Chapter 3: Start at the ninja academy!

~Ninja Academy~

Angela sat down in one of the back seats of the room. She had only a notebook and a pen. She began scribbling what was happening around her down in detail knowing that a lot of her Naruto-obsessed friends would just consider it another fanfiction, but would still like it. She glanced up when the notebook was snatched away. The person who took it was a boy, tall, and sort of skinny in black pants and a big (what looked like) winter jacket.

"Whatcha writing?" he asked her.

"Stuff...I write. You got a problem with that?" she said to him. She reminded him of a certain jerk from her second period, a guy by the name of Matt...who had made her cry twice within two weeks...but got a hard hour from a few of her friends and the vice-principal about it. Except, this time, no one was there to give this guy a hard hour. Angela then realized it...new school meant no one had known her for three or more years, no people she knew meant that she could stand up for herself and not be given a hard time for it. She snatched the notebook back from the guy. "I'll be taking that back..."

"Wrong way to introduce myself, gomen..." the boy said, suprised. "Akimoto Kazuki at your service..."

"Angela...why'dja snatch my notebook away? If you woulda asked I woulda let ya read it."

"...like I said before, gomen. Anyway, haven't seen ya around before."

"Just came here as part of a foriegn exchange program."

"Ah. Anyway I'll show ya around if ya want."

"Cool..."

"After class though okay? Let's meet up outside."

"Sure." Angela said, and Kazuki walked to his seat and sat down. Class began and Angela realized after a few minutes she found herself staring at the back of Kazuki's head. 'Am I developing a crush on this guy?' she thought.

"Angela!" Iruka shouted at her, making her jump out of her thoughts.

"Y-yes Iruka-sensei?" she asked hesitently, in the same hesitent way she spoke in most of her classes.

"Due to your lack of attention, care to come down here and demonstrate the jutsu I was just showing the class?"

"Y-yes sir..." she said and walked down towards the front of the room. As she walked down she tripped over something. She glared at Kazuki, who looked away inocently.

"Baka..." she mouthed at him, Kazuki replied with a smirk. Angela then went to the front of the room. 'Oh crap...what was the jutsu Iruka-sensei showed us?...wait a second...' she thought and a smile played across her lips. "Shadow Clone Jutsu!" she exclaimed and a clone of herself appeared at her side. "Transform!" she exclaimed again and the clone transformed into Iruka. Iruka smirked.

"Nice try...but I wasn't showing the class a jutsu, I was explaining about kunai and shuriken." Iruka told her. The class errupted with laughter, Kazuki being one of the loudest ones. Angela went back to her seat, blushing a crimson red. When she sat back down the boy next to her began to talk to her.

"Nice show up there Angela-chan." he said to her.

"Um...thanks...I...think?" Angela replied.

"My bad, forgot to introduce myself, Zanzo at your service."

"Zanzo eh?"

"Uh-huh. Oh and by the way, graduation test is tommorow, you might want to practice."

"WHAT?!" Angela shouted, recieving a crowd of stares from her fellow academy students and Iruka. "Uh...my...bad?"

"Moving on..." Iruka said and continued on with the lecture.











Chap ter 4: A passing grade...now what?

~After Class, Outside the Academy~

"Sorry I'm late, Iruka-sensei wanted to talk to me." Angela said to Kazuki, he nodded.

"Well whatever...lemme show you around." Kazuki said to her.

~Ichiraku~

"Mmmmmm....so much better then top raman!!" Angela exclaimed with joy.

"Top Raman?" Kazuki said with a raised eyebrow.

"Instant Raman I mean..."

"Oh..."

"Anyway, Kazuki-kun couldja help me cram for the test tomorow?"

"Sure..."

~Next Day~

Angela yawned, she stayed up half the night cramming for the test, after all she had a few years of basic ninjutsu to learn in one night.

"Next up, Angela." Iruka said, Angela nodded.

"Transform!" she exclaimed and transformed into Iruka. "And now...Shadow Clone Jutsu!" she exclaimed yet again, and a third Iruka.

"You pass, nice job." Iruka said to her, she smiled and put her headband on.

~An hour later~

"Next squad, squad nine, Angela, Akimoto Kazuki, and Zanzo." Iruka said, annocing the final squad. "Now then, meet your teachers at the designated places tomorow."

The genin nodded and left.

~Next Day, Outside Academy~

Angela, Zanzo, and Kazuki stood outside the ninja academy, waiting, but who said it had to be patiently?

"Where is he?!" Angela exclaimed.

"How are se supposed to know?!" the two boys shouted. Angela rolled her eyes.

"It's just we've been waiting two hours!" Angela said with a sigh. "All the other people who were in our class have left with their senseis."

"We know..." Kazuki replied, he was walking on his hands and, then jumped back up on his feet. Angela looked at him with wonder in her eyes, she had never had the physical capactiy to do that. "What?"

"N-nothing..." Angela said, then blushed a crimson red.

A jounin walked up, yawning.

"You guys squad nine?"

~~~

Shikamaru couldn't believe he got stuck with a team. Didn't Tsunade know already he was a lazy bum? He couldn't handle being a sensei, didn't have the patience for it because it was troublesome. He walked up to the three genin standing outside of the academy, where his team was supposed to meet him.

"You guys squad nine?" he asked them. The girl, a tall brunette nodded.

"Uh-huh." she said politly.

"Finally sensei!" exclaimed one of the boys, a tall dark-haired boy.

"Alright...I guess to start off introduce yourselves." he told the three genin. "You start..." Shikamaru said, pointing to the girl, she nodded.

"I'm Angela...I like anime, fantasy literture, alternitive and Christian rock music, and reading and writing. What I don't like is foriegn language classes, math, science, fangirls of any kind but mostly rabid, and mean people." the girl, Angela, said introuducing herself, at 'mean people' she glared at the boy. The boy took the hint.

"I'm Akimoto Kazuki...I like writing, raman, and teasing people..." Kazuki said, at 'teasing people' he smirked at Angela. "...what I don't like are people who act like idiots, show-offs, preps, and smarta** people." At 'smarta** people' he glared at the other boy. The other boy took the hint and finished off the introductions.

"I'm Zanzo...I like raman, sushi, long walks on the beach." Zanzo began, at long walks on the beach Shikamaru and the other two gave him a 'WTF?' look. "Only kidding...so, like I said before I like raman, sushi, pretty much any kind of food, and any good book. What I don't like are guys who despise people who are smart like me." Zanzo finished, sending a glare back at Kazuki. Shikamaru yawned.

"Alright then...you most likely want to know about me now huh?" Shikamaru said. The three genin nodded. "Don't feel like telling you right now, to troublesome..." Shikamaru yawned. "Well anyway...meet back here tomorow...you guys will be having another test, a survival test to be exact."

"Survival test?! We had enough of those back at the academy!" Kazuki exclaimed.

"Survival test...oh joy..." Zanzo said sarcastically.

"Sorry but...how does a survival test work?" Angela asked.

"Whatever, just meet back here early tomorow afternoon." Shikamaru said, walking away.

~~~

Angela sighed, that sensei was so weird...weirder then she made Shikamaru out to be in her myotaku posts, well of course, that Shikamaru was really out of character. She sighed.

"I'm going...bye-bye guys! I'll see ya tomorow." Angela said and walked back to her apartment.











Ch apter 5: The Phone Call

Angela found herself staring at the numbers of the clock in front of her again, just like she was Sunday night. She looked up at the ceiling and sighed.

BRRRRING! BRRRRRING!

Angela shot up, startled.

My cellphone's still working? she thought. She looked at the ID. It was Ciara's older sister, either that or Ciara using her sister's cell phone.

" 'Ello poppet..." Angela said in a fake british accent.

"Angela!! What happened?!" exclaimed Ciara on the other end of the line.

"Ciara?"

"Who do you think silly?"

"My parents tell ya?"

"Um...yeah...said something about you going to a school in Japan for two years! My bestest friend, gone!"

"Calm down chica...listen..."

"HI COMPANY!" cried the familiar voice of Ciara's younger brother, Josh.

"Go away!!" Ciara told him.

"Make me..."

"Whatever, moving on...are you going to come back in time for the Christmas program?" Ciara asked Angela. Angela froze, she had promised to see the Christmas program at church that Ciara, and a few of Angela's other friends were going to be in...in two weeks.

"I'll talk to 'Miss Honou'..." Angela said. Ciara suddenly as Angela did when she first heard 'Miss Honou'.

"Y-Y-you don't mean Tsunade do you?"

"Um...yeah..." Angela said, then removed the phone from her ear due to the scream that emnenated from it.

"Ohmigosh! Your in KONOHA?!"

"Yeah...and I'll talk to Tsunade and depending on her descision you might get to meet my teammates and sensei."

Yet another screech of joy came from the phone.

"Yeah, I gotta go...I have a survival test tommorow afternoon...oh goody!"

"Bye-bye!"











Chapter 6: Meeting your fellow genin

~Next Day, Tsunade's Office~

"B-but...PLEASE...I beg of you Tsunade-sama!" exclaimed Angela. She was in Tsunade's office begging her to let her go back home that week.

"No...don't you have a survival test Angela-chan?" Tsunade said.

"Why?"

"Because, you just got here, you can't be going back right away."

"LEMME GO!!! THREE DAYS IS ALL I'M ASKING! I PROMISED HER I WOULD GO! KAZUKI, ZANZO, AND SHIKAMARU-SENSEI CAN COME TOOOOOOO!"

"Quit whining...please...look, if you really want to go, prove it. Do well on the survival test, then depending on how Shikamaru says you do, I'll let you and your team go."

"REALLY?!"

"Really...now just go away..."

~Outside the Academy~

"Ohmigosh! Kazuki-kun! Zanzo-kun! Guess what?!" Angela exclaimed.

"What?" chorused the two boys in voices that proved they didn't really care.

"Ah...c'mon...be nice..."

"Fine, what is it Angela-chan?" Kazuki asked Angela.

"I might get to go home in two weeks! And you guys and the sensei are gonna come with me!" Angela replied.

"KAZUKI-KUN!!!!!" cried a voice. Kazuki recgonized the voice immediatly.

"Chiaki! Oh man...I'm having a bad enough day as it is..." Kazuki said with a sigh.

"Who's Chiaki?" Angela asked.

"Chiaki Kuroda. She's a fangirl of mine..." Kazuki said in reply. A girl, short with shoulder-length dark hair ran up, smiling brightly at Kazuki. Her headband was around her waist, and she had on black pants, and a white jacket. Her two other teammates followed. Zanzo and one of Chiaki's other teammates eyes met and they shot each other death glares.

"Itoe-chan..." Zanzo mumbled in greeting.

"Zanzo-kun..." the girl, Itoe said in reply.

"Who's that now?" Angela asked.

"Itoe Akimoto, my rival in all things academic..." Zanzo replied.

"Oh..." Angela said in reply. A boy followed behind the two teenage girls. He was rather short, he reminded Angela of a rather short boy in her English class by the name of Anthony.

"Oh, hey Tak.umi-kun." Kazuki said to the boy, the boy nodded and then looked at Angela.

"Hello, and you are?" the boy, Tak.umi asked Angela.

"Angela..." Angela said, politly. "And you are?"

"Ishimaru Tak.umi, your the new girl arn't you?"

"Uh-huh..."

"Have you met my teammates?"

"Basically...Kuroda Chiaki and Akimoto Itoe right? My teammates kinda introduced me..." Angela replied. As soon as she finished Chiaki saw Angela.

"Hello!" Chiaki said, in the kind of voice Angela would have associated with Lil Hinata.

"CHIAKI-CHAN! ITOE-CHAN! TAK.UMI-KUN!" cried a voice.

"Hey! Naruto-sensei we're over here!" Chiaki called to their sensei.

"Oh...hello...we gotta get going..." Naruto told his team.

"Hai! Sensei!" said the three genin and they left with their sensei.

~An Hour Later~

"Ah man, where is Shikamaru-sensei?" Kazuki asked, basically thinking out loud. The three genin sat outside the academy, Kazuki sitting against the wall; Angela lying on the ground, eyes closed; and Zanzo perched on the roof looking out for Shikamaru.

"You guys still waiting to?" asked a voice from behind Zanzo on the roof.

"Yeah...you guys to huh, eh Kaito?" Zanzo asked the boy. He nodded.

"Maybe they forgot about us..." suggested one of the girls sitting by Kaito.

"Ah shut it Sakura-chan..." Kaito said. "...you got bumped up to our class and graduated early, yet your not so smart."

"Hey Zanzo! Who ya talking to?!" Angela called up to Zanzo.

"May I introduce Yamash.ita Kaito; Hara Sakura; and Watanabe Michiyo." Zanzo called down to Angela.

"Hello people up their I can't see!!" Angela called up to the team up on the rooftop. A person walked up.

"Have you guys seen my team?" he asked, the guy was Taiga Saruwatari, Kaito, Sakura, and Michiyo's sensei.

"Up there..." Angela said, pointing up.

"Thanks...oh and you guys are squad nine?" Taiga asked them. Angela, Kazuki, and Zanzo nodded.

"Uh-huh..." Angela replied.

"Shikamaru told me to tell you that he's on his way." Taiga finished.

"Grrrrreeeeeaaaaat..." moaned Angela.

Angela: Oh joy! A test where we have to find the sensei! Well whatever I'll win this and I'll have something to brag about to everyone when I get home! Home...television...my Lord of the Rings Extended Edition's...the INTERNET!
Next Time:
Finally! The Survival test!











Chapter 7: Finally! The Survival Test!

~5 minutes later~

Shikamaru walked up to where his team was waiting.

"Did Taiga give you guys the message?" Shikamaru asked his team.

"Uh-huh...so sensei, what's the test?" Angela asked Shikamaru.

"You have to find me..."

"Find you?"

"Uh-huh...you have until seven o'clock tonight..." Shikamaru said and with that he disappeared.

"Seven o'clock huh? That's five hours..." Zanzo said.

"Alrighty ya'll here's the deal, I'll go look in the west part of Konoha, Zanzo you go look in the east, and Kazuki you go look in the north." Angela said.

~A tree, right above them~

Shikamaru watched quietly from above the genin in the one place they wouldn't even think of looking. [I]'Meh...and she says she wants to go home in two weeks.'[/I] he thought, Tsunade had told him about the thing concerning Angela going home for a weekend and it all depended on his report on how she did during this survival test.

~Four hours and fifty minutes later~

"We...looked...everywhere!" Angela exclaimed. And it was true they did look everywhere in Konoha. EVERYWHERE!!

"Um...Angie-chan..." Kazuki said, poking his teammate in the arm.

"WHAT?!"

"We didn't look up there..."

Angela smirked.

"C'mon down Shikamaru-sensei and admit your defeat! This was to easy!"

"Fine you win, you guys pass I guess..." Shikamaru said with a yawn. "And now if you'll excuse me...I have to go report to Tsunade-sama."

~Tsunade's Office~

"So she passed?" Tsunade asked Shikamaru. Shikamaru nodded.

"Uh-huh...what's our first mission going to be?" Shikamaru asked.

Zanzo: Why? Why'd you leave me to suffer?! I always thought you were dead! And now this happens!
Next Time:
Dealing with the past
This next chapter is to be rated somewhere between PG and PG-13











Chapter 8: Dealing with the past

~Tsunade's Office~

"Squads nine and ten you'll be having a different mission then most of the other newly formed genin teams." Tsunade told the genin and two jounin in front of her. "Both of your teams will be combining for a retrievel mission."

Shikamaru and Taiga both raised an eyebrow wondering what Tsunade was thinking.

"The profile of the person you are to retrive..." Tsunade said, handing a piece of paper to Shikamaru. Shikamaru read it, then handed it to Taiga.

"I thought she was already dead..." Shikamaru said to Tsunade.

"Who sensei?" Kazuki asked.

"Kumiko, she's a rogue medic-nin who made illegal and very lethal drugs twelve years ago." Shikamaru explained.

"Hey, Shikamaru, look." Taiga said pointing to a place on the paper. Shikamaru took the paper from Taiga.

"Hokage-sama..." Shikamaru said, pointing to the place on the paper as he showed it to Tsunade, trying his best not to also revieal the paper to the genin.

"I know..." Tsunade said with a sigh. "I thought this would help him be able to confront her."

"What is it sensei?" Angela asked. Shikamaru ignored Angela's question and turned to Zanzo.

"I need to talk to you..." Shikamaru told him, Zanzo nodded.

~Outside Tsunade's Office in the hallway~

"Do you know that the person we'll be sent to retrive is your mother right?" Shikamaru asked Zanzo. Zanzo nodded.

"I know...I thought she was dead though...that's what Tsunade-baa-chan always said." Zanzo said.

"I need to know, are you alright with this?"

"Of course...this is my chance to tell her how much I hate her for leaving me here to do something against the law."

"I don't agree with your reasons, but you do know that if we do end up fighting her Taiga and I will be the ones to do it..."

"I know..."

~Tsunade's Office~

Tsunade glanced up as she saw Shikamaru and Zanzo walk in.

"So, are you okay with it Zanzo-kun?" Tsunade asked Zanzo. Zanzo nodded.

"Hai. Tsunade-baa-chan." Zanzo said.

"Now then, onto the preperations...you all are to leave tomorow, the place you'll be headed is near the Fire Country/Lightning Country border a town called Umibashu." Tsunade explained. The jounin nodded.

~A park~

"Zanzo-kun...why'd Shikamaru-Sensei have to talk to you alone?" Angela asked Zanzo.

"The person we're gonna retrive is my mother...she abandoned me here in Konoha when I was a baby and when I was about four or five Tsunade-baa-chan took me in, my guessing is because she didn't want yet another rogue medic-nin on the loose." Zanzo explained. Angela frowned. She walked over and hugged Zanzo.

"I'm sorry Zanzo-kun."

"It's alright, I don't really care..."

"Well have a good night's sleep Zanzo-kun, I'll be seeing you bright and early tomorow morning at the village gate!"

"Bye."

Kumiko: Zanzo! You don't understand! This wasn't my choice! They made me do it! I was the only one who knew how! After your father died...
Next Time:
Kumiko: The truth revealed!
Angela: Race to save Zanzo's mom!
Kumiko: I'm...sorry...Zanzo...
Like I said at the end of the last chapter, the next chapter is to walk across the line of PG and PG-13











Chapter 9: The truth revealed!: Race to save Zanzo's mom!

~Next Morning, Konoha Gate~

"Where's Zanzo?" Shikamaru asked. Everyone was there accept Zanzo. Taiga looked and Kaito.

"I don't know...I'm his best friend, but I don't know..." Kaito replied.

"Sorry I'm late everyone." Zanzo said. He had a Katana strapped to his waist.

"What's with the katana?" Kaito asked Zanzo.

"I've been training to use it, and I'm going to start using it from now on."

"Oh..."

"So...lets get started..." Taiga said and with that the two genin teams headed out.

~Umibashu, midnight that night~

K.umiko grimaced. It had been twelve years since she had been forced to live in her own personal hell, thanks to her husband Sanosuke. Sanosuke was a doctor, who knew how to make illegal drugs for the gang leaders of Umibashu. K.umiko's one mistake was to learn how to do what her husband did, so after he died she was forced to make the drugs for all the gang leaders. She hated it. She had to live through it though, to be sure her son wasn't harmed. She knew that everyone in her formar home village didn't understand why, to them she was just another rogue ninja.

'All you have to do is tell us...tell us how you make it...then you'll be set free...' the head gang leader, Hiwataru had told her. She refused.

K.umiko frowned, tears welling up in her eyes. In truth, she felt so useless, like a small child.

'Run away! Run away!' cried the tiny voice inside of K.umiko's head. She couldn't though. They would find her, bring her back, and threaten to kill Zanzo. Her thought were intrupted when she heard the door to her room open.

"Are you ready now?" asked Hiwataru. "Oh, what's the matter? Finally realizing that your only hope is to tell us?"

"I'm not going to tell you, you'll have to torture me before I tell you!" K.umiko exclaimed.

"Torture? What a horrible way to ruin such a lovely face?" Hiwataru asked, gently touching K.umiko's face.

"Don't touch me!" K.umiko exclaimed, slapping Hiwataru's hand.

~Outside of Umibashu, early the next morning~

"Hey! We're here!" cried Sakura. The ninja looked up and they saw a village. It was run down, a lot of the buildings in ruin. The one thing that was totally out of place was a rather large mansion.

"So is that where our person is supposed to be?" Angela asked pointing towards the mansion. Shikamaru nodded. A scream echoed through the early morning silence.

"LEAVE ME ALONE!" the person who screamed the scream shouted at her pursuers. "YOU HARM ONE HAIR ON MY ZANZO'S HEAD I'LL POISON YOU WITH YOUR OWN DRUGS!"

Zanzo's eyes widened. He reconized that voice, his hands gripped the katana around his waist when he heard it. It was his mother. He saw her, first time since he was born. She was running away from a group of thugs. She was still his mother all the same.

Zanzo unsheathed the sword and ran towards the thugs, he slashed through two of them.

"Don't even think about..." Zanzo hissed in a deathly cold whisper.

"Z-zanzo?" K.umiko asked.

"You think you can get rid of us that easily kid?!" exclaimed another one of the thugs as the second wave arrived. Michiyo's eyes met with one of them and he froze. "Hey! Hitachi! What's wrong?"

"Can't...move..." Hitachi said in reply.

"It's a blood line trait from the Watanabe clan of Konoha...a person's body is ours as soon as we make eye contact." Michiyo excplained. "But, it only happens when we want it to." Michiyo took out a kunai, the thug did the same.

"What are you doing?! That kunai would hurt us both!"

Michiyo moved backward, so did he.

"Nope!" Michiyo said and as soon as she threw the kunai she ducked, as did the thung but he hit a wall. "That's one down..."

"Kaito!" cried Sakura.

"Right..." Kaito said.

"Ninja Art: Mind transfer jutsu!" exclaimed Sakura, she went limp and went into one of the thugs. "Go Kaito!" she exclaimed with the voice of the thug. Kaito signaled to Kazuki, then took out a demon wind shuriken.

"Demon Wind Shuriken!: Windmill of Shadows!" exclaimed Kaito and he threw the shuriken. The shuriken twirled past one of the thugs, suddenly it transformed into Kazuki who had another demon wind shuriken and he threw it into the guy's back. Taiga and Shikamaru were fighting to. Angela on the other hand watched, paralyzed with fear.

"Angela!" shouted Shikamaru. Angela looked over at him. "Find Zanzo's mom! Get her to safety! I have feeling there's more to this then we think! Go!"

Angela got up, and ran to where she saw K.umiko. K.umiko was lying there, blood coming from a stab wound on her arm.

"K.umiko-san!" Angela exclaimed.

"Oh...you...must...be...Zan-Zan's teammate..." K.umiko said in a moan.

"What happened?"

"Hiwataru...stabbed me...said that...if I tried to run away...he'd kill me..."

"Kill you?"

K.umiko nodded. "As the Hokage said to you all...I made drugs for the gangs here in Umibashu...[B]made[/B] I stopped when I realized that-" K.umiko's sentence stopped there, she then looked towards her son.

"Tell...Zanzo...I'm...sorry..." K.umiko said to Angela. With that, K.umiko's breathing stopped.

'From loss of blood...' Angela thought.

Angela: In this weekend, when I go back...I'm not going to be the same person...you've got to realize that, to have someone die right in front of you...it's one of those things that you never ever forget...
Next Time:
Going Back:
Angela's Realization