Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Asylum ❯ ARC1: Day4 ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

ARC 1: Day 4
 
 
Disclaimer: I do not own Naruto and Characters.
Thanks: To my wonderful beta-er, Susan.
 
 
Day four. And we had art-class.
 
Which I disliked the moment I set foot in the messy classroom and immediately stepped on a blob of bright-red paint.
 
And which I disliked even more when I heard we always had art-class together with another wing of the institution.
 
And which I started to hate after hearing this other wing was where the really crazy patients went to.
 
And which I absolutely hated after I saw Sas-kid-what's-his-name-again creating a HUGE havoc by almost succeeding to attack some other guy.
 
And which I totally detested after I had to sit between two crazy people from the other wing, who both looked like they could eat me.
 
“Go on and make something!” was our cue to start.
 
I looked sourly from the empty canvas and the pastels in front of me to the rest of the group. Most of them already started to paint, though a few -who were probably retarded- were a bit more hesitating to begin painting. Within a few minutes there were already blobs of orange paint flying through the crowded room: courtesy to to my stupid roommate of course.
 
Ugh, how I hate art!
 
`Make something that represents you' did the man in the front say. That sounded like the cheapest psychiatric trick to me. Did he actually get paid to teach us such a crappy class?
 
“You're supposed to paint something.” The girl next to me suddenly said. I looked to her, then to her painting -- a butterfly. An ugly white-grayish ripped-up butterfly. Riiiiiiight, I'm NOT going to talk with a girl who compares herself with a ripped-up butterfly. What, she saw herself as this beautiful but fragile creature? Tssk, she looked more like a drug-addict.
 
“Hn.” I growled, before grabbing my pastels, eyeing the white canvas almost curiously. What on earth was I supposed to draw? Something to represent myself? Like...
 
Seven Napkins?
 
Or seven pairs of spare keys?
 
...
 
This wasn't working.
 
Not knowing what to draw, I took a sneak peak at the boy on the other side of me -seriously, I'm NOT even looking at the butterfly-drawing girl anymore! - hoping something magical would happen and that I would suddenly get inspiration.
 
Right, and Naruto is actually not color-blind.
 
I took a quick peak anyway.
 
A shark.
 
Ugh. What was it with these people and animals? Were they obsessed or something? I knew they were crazy, but this...
 
“Teacher likes animals best.” When the shark-guy suddenly start talking to me -ME! - I quickly looked back to my own -still white- canvas.
 
Animals, eh?
 
I grabbed a brush, and with a few strokes I quickly made some fluent lines on the canvas. Just simple black lines: nothing too fancy.
 
Once the skeleton was there, I drew the face, tail, feet, and wings. Last but not least, the feathers.
 
“You're into birds too?”
 
Too?
 
“Yo, Deidara! This kid here draws birds as well!” Shark-guy suddenly yelled through the room, making everybody look up at him. It was just my luck that Un-rapist stepped forward with a huge smile on his face.
 
“No way, un! That's so great! We sure have a lot in common: you're such a nice and shiny boy, un. Come here, OCD-kid!”
 
“Hyuuga Neji.” I promptly replied, but didn't leave my painting to go to the scary boy/girl. I mean, just a few days ago he declared he hated me and he never wanted to speak to me again. So where did this come from?
 
And another thing. I hadn't finished my painting yet. A simple bird did not represent me! I wanted to finish this stupid assignment as quickly as possible.
 
I stuck the brush in the bucket of silver paint, and with seven plain strokes I caged the bird.
 
There, all done.
 
I, Hyuuga Neji, Boy Genius, represented a caged bird.
 
...
 
And when I realised I was getting quite emotional by seeing my caged bird, I stalked out of the messy room and hid myself in the bathroom for the rest of the hour. I didn't mind on bit that one of the staff members had to drag me back in the end.
 
After all, it was my own idea to fake a disorder. Even situations like these would never make me think my idea wasn't so brilliant in the end.
 
For I was Hyuuga Neji, Boy Genius, and I did NOT have bad ideas, thank you very much.
 
 
The afternoon started a lot quieter than the morning. I had a free afternoon, so that meant no stupid group-sessions. And no Private Session, for these sessions wouldn't (according to my timetable) start until tomorrow.
 
So that meant a quiet afternoon with myself, and no-one else around me, because most of the people from my group were outside, or did have a session.
 
I was sitting in my favourite spot on the couch in the recreation room. The last hour I had spend looking for a Real book on the bookshelves, and right now I had found one. Because I was a Hyuuga, a Boy Genius, I couldn't simply disgrace myself by reading anything less than Real Literature.
 
As I reached the 5th page, I suddenly felt eyes poking my back. I tried to ignore it, but 3 pages further I still had that itchy feeling. This time I did look around, straight in the eyes of...
 
Wow.
 
Such huge eyes! No wonder I felt them poking in my back! Were those fish-eyes genetically even possible?
 
“Stop staring.” I glared at the stupid boy, before returning my attention to my book again.
 
“Such a cool reply!” The boy suddenly decided to shout at me. And as if that wasn't enough, I heard him make his way over to me. I tried to ignore him, but that was impossible as my book was ripped out of my hands, thrown on the ground, and suddenly I had my lap full of-
 
“What are you doing?!” I screamed.
 
“You are new. Let's be friends!” Fish-eyes cheered back.
 
And then he hugged me.
 
HUGGED me.
 
He wrapped his arms around me, he pushed his body up against mine, and he laid down his head in the crook of my shoulder.
 
.. Was he crazy?
 
“Get off!”
 
“You are so cool! I understand why Gai likes you! You remember Gai, right? He is the most awesome and coolest guy in our group-sessions! He is so smart, for guessing why you are here correctly. Oh, and I do not mind OCD-kids, so do not worry I might dislike you or anything.” And he beamed at me, while his teeth went `ping!'
 
“Get off... you!” I growled again, this time as dangerous as I could, but it was no use. It was as though I was talking to a deaf man.
 
“Your name is Neji, right? We already had one Group Session together, but you probably do not know everyone yet, because we have such a great and huge group. And during your first Session, I bet you had an alcohol problem, because of your eyes: you really have very cool eyes, you know!?”
 
No, I didn't know I had cool eyes.
 
And frankly, I didn't care either.
 
“Neji, do you remember my name? It is Lee; Rock Lee. But you can call me Lee. No last name or honorific. That is unnecessary.”
 
On first name basis already? Did the boy really think we were already that close?
 
“My dearest Neji, you are really cool, and I really like you a lot! I have been here for quite a while already, so I know a lot. If you ever need to know something, or if you want some good company, you can always come to me!” And then he pumped his fist in the air, as if to accentuate his point. His teeth went `Ping!' again.
 
I, on the other hand, wasn't so fond of the prospect of spending another moment in presence of the crazy boy.
 
“I'm leaving.” I announced abruptly as I finally pushed the boy off me. He was so annoying!
 
I grabbed the book I had been reading from the ground and put it on the nearest table, before making my way to the hallway. The whole time I just hoped my retarded roommate wouldn't be there right now, because I didn't feel like dealing with more loonies today.
 
“WAIT!!” The wail was probably thrown in hopes of making me look back, but it didn't work. I stoically kept on walking.
 
Because I was Hyuuga Neji, and I did Not associate with crazy people.