Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Bachelor Life or Marriage ❯ day 3: cook and my job ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own anybody except for that person in chains who I put inside my brain. And also Wei Yuri and parents.

It's lunchtime, like one o'clock. We're at Kakashi's kitchen. And we're getting ready to cook. BAM! Please continue reading.

---
Yuri put her hands together, “Now, you three sit at the table. Come on now.”
They looked at each other and sat around the table.
“Okay, Kakashi you know how to cook rice right?” Yuri put her hands on her hips.
“…No,” his head fell.
Sakura stood up and raised her hand.
“I'll help you Kakashi-sensei! It's easy.”
“Oh! Oh! I want to help too Yuri-san!” Naruto said.
Yuri nodded and looked at the two. She went to the fridge and brought out all the food on the table. She set a bowl in front of the guys and separated the food to each side. She bought some measuring cups and spoons.
“You guys get to help too.”
She turned around and wrote down the ingredients on two pieces of paper. For two different sauces of course. She turned around and handed them a paper.
“Follow the directions and don't mess around.”
/Oh yeah, them not messing around is like a cat and dog getting along/
They had that look again. That look that makes wilderbeests butt heads for no good reason besides damaging their brains. Well, anyways they looked at the paper and looked at the spoons and cups and got to it.
Yuri turned around and saw Kakashi and Sakura finished. They just needed to wait for the rice.
“Thank you, Sakura-chan,” Yuri said.
She looked back to the wilderbeests, they were done, and the table was their battlefield. She mentally sighed.
“You guys done here?”
She looked down at their bowls. Put a different finger to each bowl and tried it. They looked up at her, “Sasuke's missing something. Naruto, you did good.”
Naruto grinned, Sasuke eyed his paper, and Yuri looked at it. Everything was written down. Oh yeah, that was the problem.
“I forgot to tell you to mince the ginger. Kakashi, go open the package of fish.”
Sasuke looked at the circular slice of the herb. He went for the knife, grabbed the ginger slices, and started dicing.
“Whoa man. That's good enough, keep doing that and you'll turn it into slush.” Yuri said.
Yuri pushed the ginger in her hand and put it in Sasuke's bowl.
“Yuri-san! Yuri-san! What did we just make?” again Naruto.
“You guys made the sauce for the tempura. You guys can relax now. Its Kakashi's turn now.”
They stood at the counter, Kakashi was holding a knife and Yuri was telling him what to do.
“Take off your gloves, you won't need them. Cut the fish into one and a half chunks. And dip them in the batter.”
Yuri appeared with a bowl in her hands, she set it down by him. She warmed up the saucepan and put oil in there. She called Sakura and Naruto over and told them to watch Kakashi.
“Sakura-chan I want you to make sure he doesn't burn the tempura up. You know about cooking tempura right?”
Sakura nodded, “You dip the fish in the batter and then put it in the pan. Cook for 3 minutes, turning over once or twice, and then setting them on a paper towel right?”
“Yes, now get over there before Naruto burns himself.”
She looked at Sasuke, Sasuke looked at her. She waved him over and went into Kakashi's living room.
“Do you still have your windmill triple blade?”
He looked suspicious of her, “Yes, why do you want to know?”
“I've come to clean and polish it. You don't want to let it rust do you? My father was a friend of yours and he forgot to do his weapon check-ups, as he likes to call it. I can finish by the time you guys are done eating. So what do you say?”
Yuri didn't look at him, she was busy taking things out of her bag. For the cleaning and polishing mind you.
When she turned around, she saw him set his blade on the coffee table. He sat on the couch, crossed his arms, and waited.
/He's not going to let it out of his sight, is he/
`Hey, he has a right to be cautious.'
She set her items on the table. Sakura popped her head in the door.
“Lunch is ready! You can get some now.”
Yuri got up and checked on the food. The rice was steaming, the tempura still warm, and she had more tropical fruit punch in the fridge. The tempura turned out nice and crisp, with Sakura constantly telling Kakashi-sensei to watch the fish and not his book.
Yuri tried a tempura, “It's safe to eat.”
“Ano, where's Sasuke-kun?” Sakura asked, looking around the kitchen.
“He's still in the living room waiting for me to get started.”
“Started on what?” Naruto asked.
“Go in the living room to see. I'll be in later.” Yuri said.
Naruto and Sakura had cups in one hand and filled plates in the other. Sakura came back in to get a plate and drink for Sasuke-kun.
Yuri heavily sighed and leaned on the refrigerator. Kakashi put a hand on her shoulder.
“You feeling alright?”
/With him around, everything's alright/ Inner Yuri shouted.
“Yeah, I'm just really hungry K-chan,” she grinned at him.
“I already finished. They're right, your cooking is the best,” he whispered in her ear.
Yuri blushed and shoved him away.
“You should already know that! You tried my cooking on the first day for breakfast. Now I have to eat before I'm late.”
She clapped her hands together, “Time to eat!” then she was done in two shakes of a lamb.
“Hey where did Pakkun go?” Yuri asked him.
“I didn't want him eating everything you cook. So I put him in my room.”
“You're so mean to your own dog K-chan.”
Yuri said before she went back out to the living room. Kakashi followed her.
The three was sitting on the couch, Sakura in the middle and Naruto closest to the kitchen. They were still eating, they looked up.
Yuri sat on the floor, she grabbed the blade and put it on the floor for a second. She unfolded a large piece of paper and set it on the table. It covered the whole surface of the table. Yuri put the blade back onto the table.
(an: I looked at some sites on how to clean like swords, but I dunno which comes first, the polishing or the sharpening. Im guessing here)
“Whose is this, Yuri-san?” Naruto finally breaking the silence.
“It's a client's, I must polish and sharpen the blade for him.”
Yuri said in a serious tone.
She wiped the blade top to bottom with a clean cloth.
“And what's that in the bottle?” Sakura asked.
Yuri held it up, “This? This is abura or choji oil. It prevents the blade from rusting.”
Yuri held up another item, it almost looked like a lollipop with a red silk covering and a wooden stick.
“This is Uchiko, it's for cleaning the blade surface. Powder comes through the silk covering and goes onto the blade.”
Yuri tapped the uchiko until the bottom and the top of the blades were covered with powder.
Yuri pulled out another sheet.
“This is rice paper,” she told them.
She used it to wipe the uchiko off.
She applied a thin coating of choji oil all over the blade.
“What's that nice smell?” Naruto questioned.
Everyone was noticing the smell with Kakashi's strong sense of smell. It smelled even better. It smelled like…
/Yuri/
`No, Yuri smells like citrus fruits.' Kakashi thought.
“It's the choji oil, it gives off a pleasant smell. Smells like jasmine and herbs to me.” Yuri answered.
“Or cherry blossoms,” Naruto said.
“Or wildflowers,” Sakura added.
She checked around the edges, if there was any oil dripping.
She looked up, everyone was still staring at her, and she grabbed the blade and went outside. By then all the food on their plates, magically disappeared. And no, it wasn't Pakkun who did it. They just ate their food without tasting it, poor K-chan.
They got out of the trance and put the dirty dishes in the sink.
“Are we done for the day Kaka-sensei?” Naruto asked.
“Uh? Oh, yes you can do whatever now.” Kakashi said.
Naruto ran out the door, dunno where he was going, but I don't care about him right now.
Sakura tried to get Sasuke to come with her. But he just gave her the cold shoulder and disappeared. Sakura sighed. She went somewhere, probably to go and hang out with Ino-pig.
Kakashi went to the backyard, where Sasuke was watching Yuri sharpen the windmill triple blade. Sasuke was sitting on the little mini porch. He was wise not to get close around Yuri.
She was maneuvering the blade with each swift turn, at each bladed edge, that edge would be sharpened. Get it? I don't know how else to explain it. Think of her as a clock and do the math.
Anyhow, she stopped and checked how it was. No scratches, rust, or dirt anywhere on this blade. She swung it around and spun it in her hand. She looked at Sasuke and Kakashi.
She waved them over, a little wary, they came on over. She handed Sasuke the windmill.
He examined it, it did look better than before and sharper of course. He was about to leave when she said something. He turned around.
“You forgot something, Sasuke-kun.” Yuri called out.
“Thanks,” again trying to leave.
She grabbed his collar, “Don't try this at home. Tell me when you wreck it. Or tell Kakashi.”
He looked down and nodded. She shoved him off, “Now go away and good bye!”
They went back inside the house to clean up the mess.
“They didn't say anything,” Kakashi muttered.
“About your cooking? That's because they were so interested in watching me polish Sasuke's blade that's why.”
“Wish they would do that when I'm trying to explain something.”
“Is K-chan jealous that I'm a better teacher than you?” she said in a baby tone.
He didn't say anything and kept on washing the dishes. She gave him a hug and luckily she couldn't see his shocked red face.
“That's ok, K-chan. I know you'll stay the teacher and I'll stay the smith slash cook.”
She took a plate and dried it off.
“Yeah, I wouldn't want your job anyways. Too much work.”
“And being a teacher isn't. Hmm what time is it?”
“It's about three o'clock now. Need to go to Asuma's still? I'll take you there.”
“Yeah, it'll be quick. He only has brass knuckle knives I need to clean. Let me get my stuff.”
She dried her hands and ran to the coffee table to put her cleaning supplies in a bag.
Kakashi was already by the door. She grabbed onto Kakashi's waist, he needs to stop blushing every time she does that. He poofed in the nick of time, Yuri was about to look up at him.
/-/-/ At Asuma's Place /-/-/
She cleaned Asuma's hand weapons leaving with a couple of bucks in her pocket. Only took her forty minutes. Kakashi was waiting outside for her reading his book.
“Lucky day for me, I get some money.”
She happily smiled.
“So next is this lovely chat with the Hokage?” Kakashi asked, turn a page.
She hooked her arm in his, “Yep, then go home.”
(an: it's 4 o'clock now)
“HA! I finally found you! You won't get away this time!” said a booming voice.
“Who's that?” she asked.
Kakashi began to pick up the pace, “Nobody you need to know.”
A loud boom and puff of smoke appeared in front of them. Bright lights flashed on behind the smoke. Kakashi sighed. Out of the smoke came, a turtle? With a man riding on top. He had a rose in his sparkly white teeth.
The man had no sense of style at all. He had a green suit on, with the green vest, his head plate around his waist, orange leggings, and a bowl cut he was trying to bring back.
“Kakashi, you're in trouble now! I will beat you today!”
the man flipped off the turtle and landed in front of them.
“K-chan, you know this nut?”
“Sadly, yes.”
The man came on his knees and grabbed her hand.
“Oh what a beauty unknown! I am Maito Gai and you are?” he wriggled his caterpillar eyebrows.
She pulled her arm away and hid behind Kakashi.
/Those are the scariest eyebrows I ever saw. Wait, we shouldn't hide! We should kick butt. He's the ultimate fruitcake that ever lived/
Gai gasped, “She turns away from me? I must have something on my face!”
Gai brings out a mirror and checks his face. He touched his face. He looked really close and gasped again. He saw the smallest stand of hair in between his eyebrows.
“Oh no! I don't want a unibrow!” he stood up and pointed at Kakashi.
“We will continue this later, Kakashi!” then he runs to his house to pluck it off.
“Um, what just happened?”
Yuri blinked.
“Another episode with Maito Gai. Come on, before the Hokage starts doing paperwork. Then he won't want to see anybody.”
/-/-/ Inside The Office /-/-/
Yuri burst inside his room.
“Hey, old man! You finally decided not to quit.”
The Hokage turned around; he was doing some calligraphy on the wall, took a long drag from his pipe and set it down. He was out of his nice clothes and in some regulars.
“Which one, the smoking or the calligraphy?” Hokage grinned.
“I meant the smoking and you did that wrong.”
Yuri pointed to the calligraphy. He also looked at it.
“I don't see it, where?”
He stared at it closer.
She pointed to the curve of a line on top.
“It's supposed to go the other way. You're getting old, Hokage.”
She slapped him in the back.
“And I see you're doing good too Wei.”
“It's easier to do that on the floor. So you can see it better.”
“Why didn't anybody tell me that?”
The ignored Kakashi sat down on the couch and read his book. The Hokage looked at Kakashi.
“I need to talk to you later, Kakashi.”
Kakashi didn't look up but nodded.
The Hokage and Yuri went into another room for a couple of seconds. Hokage came out alone.
“Where's Yuri?”
“She's doing more work for me”
He took another puff.
“More work? You mean she's been seeing you?”
“Why of course. She couldn't stop by because she's been busy with clients for a couple of years. So, she's sort of behind on my order.”
“And what is your order?”
“Ask Wei.”
They both became silent and did there own thing for thirty minutes. They listened to the loud noises coming from behind the door where Yuri was. It sounded like barking and growling, with crackling and popping. It was finally silent in the other room.
“Kakashi, I see that you've finally come to your senses though.”
Kakashi looked up at him, Hokage took another drag from his pipe.
“Huh? About what?”
“You've finally decided to marry, Wei. She's good for you.”
“What, no. Our parents arranged it and she was forced to come here. You have things all wrong.”
“Even if your parents didn't arranged it, one way or another she'll stick around to be with you.”
“How do you know?”
/He and I know that we're Yuri's type. Why can't you see that? She's possibly your better half/
The Hokage tapped his pipe on the table. He filled it with more of that stuff you smoke with.
“You're souls have been calling each other. You better not let her slip away.”
Yuri came out minutes later with steam coming off her. She coughed out smoke.
“Wild thing. You haven't been feeding him old man. Giving me more to work with.”
“Not mine to take care of,” he said casually.
She pointed a finger at him, “But, you're the one that found him! And you keep it in your room. If you shelter it, you must take care of it.”
“Only to stop it from eating all game. You're the only one that could control it.”
(game also known as wild animals hunted for sport or food)
“And that was because I coincidentally had an orange on me. You should've lured him away! Or even better sealed him away. Old man, I told you what to do. If you don't feed him, he'll get more wild you understand me?”
She stared at him. He looked lazily at her.
“I know this already. You don't see what could happen if it was caught by the others though.”
She sighed and combed her hair.
“I know that and know that you're just going to let him stay in there. I'll come tomorrow and finish this.”
He nodded, “Fine. You can leave now.”
He swiveled his chair around to look out the window. Kakashi and Yuri left the office. They walked to his house.
(it's 7 o'clock)
“What were you guys talking about?”
“Just about a fox. Some of his ninjas were out and found him eating the game. He was eating a lot in the area. They concluded that he was the one that was causing them to search harder and farther for game every week.”
“Must've been a big fox to make ninjas look harder.”
“He's a thunder fox. Very rare to see them around here.”
Kakashi was a little confused now.
“Thunder fox?”
“Meaning he attacks with electricity, stuns, shocks, or sparks. They're different from the demon fire foxes. Like the one in Naruto.”
“So, he's a demon.”
“Yes, luckily the Hokage found out that he was summoned.”
“Where did the summoner go?”
“The ninja died and he just let him free. Now, they find him eating around the area and surprisingly the fox let them catch him. The Hokage tried to seal him away but the fox was stronger than the seal and almost wrecked his other room.”
“How do you get into this? And how did you know how to control it?”
“I was going to the Hokage to tell him to stop recommending me. I had enough business already. I let myself in, and what do you know? The Hokage almost loses his cool because the fox ruined his favorite smoking pipe.”
Kakashi laughed.
“Yeah, it was pretty funny. He stomped out of the room, handed a large scroll to me and said `You take care of it.' I read the scroll and found it totally useless against a thunder fox. I remember a ninja, from the thunder country, telling me that a thunder fox loves tangy fruits. It was a good thing I had an orange on me. By then, the fox was already sniffing me around looking for the orange. So I guess he thinks of me as the hero and Hokage the villain.”
“He didn't try to befriend him?”
“Absolutely not. So now I'll have to take him with me. Sign a blood contact and make sure to train him. I'll see if I can find a different way to summon him.”
“Kuchiyose no jutsu (summonings) is a powerful jutsu, Yuri. You better train him.”
She hooked her arm in his, “Yep, I won't be summoning any other foxes either. I don't want to waste all my chakra on them. I don't want him to be jealous either.”
“Mine, don't get jealous.”
“You have other dogs K-chan? I knew it.”
“Why were you smoking and coughing out smoke when you came out?”
“The fox was pretty mad at the sight of the Hokage. He only gave him bread and water. The second the Hokage left, the fox started to bark and growl. An electric current started to form out of nowhere. Like a whip, it gave off a strong pop. I'm sure you heard it. I doused myself with water that he didn't drink and came up to him. I gave him two lemons and then he was happy as pie.”
Kakashi smiled at this.
“I got a little caught in current so my clothes were steamed and I coughed out smoke.”
/She's the best, she can cook. She's a smith. She knows her calligraphy. Tamed a thunder fox and even taught you how to cook. It's like falling in love all over again every day/ Inner Kakashi sighed a heavenly sigh.
`And she smells great too.' Kakashi thought.
/Finally starting to think this through? Good cause I'm tired of being alone/
`Keep that to yourself, what about Pakkun and the others?'
/I mean the female companionship thing. You can have your dogs. But I want Yuri/
`Me too'
He held her hand.

yeah, a long chapter I'm happy. Though I did take two nights working on this. I get my ideas late in the night. I hope I made Hokage right. And it is sort of weird of what he said with their souls and everything. Did I lose you when I was talking about the fox? Did I make the Hokage look very villainous?
Finished at 3:38 a.m.
Thanx for reading! Ja ne!