Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Bachelor Life or Marriage ❯ Day 5: Operation: Find Yuri ( Chapter 15 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Not executing any plans tonight, though I should. I don't own Naruto.

Fifth day. Friday. Early morning
And it's a beautiful day Yuri woke up early; she took a peek in Kakashi's room. He was still sleeping with the blanket wrapped around his legs, which one of them was hanging out of the bed. She closed the door and dressed up into white short shorts and a blue tank top. She ran to the store and bought more food and some ice bags.
By the time she came back, it was only 9:00 am and already getting hot. Yuri opened all the windows. She went in his room to open the high window on top. She couldn't reach and found a chair to open the latch. She then turned around and leapt.
Leapt onto the bed and whoa, Kakashi's body jumped up and fell to the floor. He groaned and got up.
“Good morning K-chan! Glad to see you jump out of bed after last night!” she pulled him up.
He grabbed his head and groaned some more.
“Yes K-chan. I can see you have a hangover. Now go use the bathroom so I can cook you some breakfast,” she pushed him in the bathroom and closed the door.
She opened the door again to throw a towel at his face and went out again.
`?'
He moved the towel from his face and did his thing. Now feeling somewhat refreshed with still a mighty hangover put on another set of clothes.
“Why do you wake me up so early?” Kakashi said sitting in a chair.
Yuri faced him holding a wok in one hand and a wooden spoon in the other.
“Because it's 9 already and you're going to need to get used to the heat,” she tossed the noodles in the air.
She handed him a plate of noodles.
“Here you go, this is what they call Drunkards' Noodles. It's good if you have a hangover.”
“And you don't have one? Mine's banging. What's this about heat?”
He took a taste his eyes squinted and watered. Yuri handed him a glass of water. He finished the whole glass.
“It's going to get really hot today, so you better get used to it now. Before your hangover gets worse. I don't have a hangover because I didn't drink a lot and all my drinks were virgins.”
Drunkards' Noodles kicked Kakashi awake with the chilies and refreshed with the lime and basil leaves in it. He found half of Yuri in the closet.
“What are you looking for?”
“Do you have a fan or an ac something?”
“No, I don't have one.”
She closed the closet.
“So then what do you do when it gets really hot?”
“Oh I lie around in the forest.”
“You're such a cheap-o, K-chan. So what are you going to do today?”
“Team 7 has the day off for some reason only the Hokage knows. I'll read my books today.”
“Haven't you finished them all?”
“I like rereading them.”
Yuri grabbed an empty bag from inside another bag. She put her towel and a couple of books in there. She grabbed the ice bag from the freezer and opened the door.
“Ah well, suit yourself. I'll go off and find a place to keep cool. Try to find me when you get bored K-chan. Chow.”
“Where are you going?”
“I don't a place to keep cool. I just said that. If you get too hot, there are smoothies and drinks I made in the fridge. And if you finish those off, try to find me.”
She leapt off into the forest.
/Wonder where she's going to find a cool place/
`I know, there's barely any good shades besides the trees but you'll still be hot.'
/-/-/ Bridge 9:00 am /-/-/
“Hey Sakura-chan!” Naruto waved, “Sasuke.”
/Damn you Naruto! I wanted to be alone with Sasuke-kun/
“Oh hey, Naruto,” she replied back.
Sasuke just stared at him that's his hello to him. The three had nothing to do so they were going to just loiter around the bridge. Sasuke agreed that it was too hot to train or do anything else for that matter. But then it was getting hot so decided to take a walk instead.
“It just doesn't make sense. It rained yesterday and then it's really hot today. What happened to the rain?” Sakura said.
“Yeah its burning and it's too hot to eat ramen,” Naruto whined.
They walked around town, looking for places to get cool. The ice cream store was packed with people because of the ac and long line. The public pool was also filled and people just bobbed around in the water so that was out of the question.
“Let's go back to the bridge,” Sasuke says.
No such luck either, everyone was using the river now and it was only 10 o'clock too. Some of the ninjas tried to make ice appear but it would melt before it even formed. All the ice bags melted in the store.
“Okay one more place to try before we go and bug Yuri-san and Kaka-sensei,” Sakura said.
They walked over to the training field and what a sight to behold. This is not the beach people. Everyone young and old planted themselves in the clearing. They were sunbathing, SUNBATHING!
What happened to everyone? Was it a holiday or something to see so many people everywhere? It must have been or it was just too hot to work and gave everyone a day off for once. Except the Hokage who has 3 air conditioners in his office. So he kept working, aside from the part where people where constantly making up excuses just to enter his office.
Team 7 sighed, “Any other ideas?” Sakura asked.
They shook their heads; “I guess we go see Yuri-san now?” Naruto asked.
They all nodded, she must be making something cold in Kaka-sensei's kitchen. Naruto knocked on the door. Kakashi answered the door.
“What are you doing here? There's nothing going on today,” he left the door open for them.
They entered and watched him sink into the couch and continued reading.
“We know that, we was wondering if Yuri-san was here?” Sakura asked.
“Nope, she went to find a cool place.”
Sunken hopes and broken dreams, the angels sings this.
“You're not hot Kaka-sensei?” Naruto questioned.
“No, Yuri made some smoothies so I'm okay,” he took a nice long, cool sip from his glass.
They had that look, you couldn't tell, but it was the dying for thirst look. Kakashi looked at them.
“There's more in the freezer if yo-”
They flashed into his kitchen and got a couple of glasses.
`Well it was good while it lasted.'
/We should have never answered the door/
`I know'
They walked out relieved, okay now what are they going to do?
“I'm bored. Let's go and look for Yuri-san!” Naruto pumped his fist up.
“Why should we do that?” Sasuke asked.
Naruto crossed his arms and smirked. Maybe he has a smart reason.
“Because if Yuri-san is looking for a cool place. She probably found it already; it can't be too far away. And if she found a place to cool down then that means we could also get cool there too. And maybe she brought food with her too. Cold food.”
Oh my Hokage! Did something happen overnight? Is he just acting dumb everyday? No he wasn't. This was a good reason to look for Yuri and also because they were bored. They pictured cold food refreshing yes?
“Naruto sounds right for once,” Sakura said.
“Operation: Find Yuri is in order,” Sasuke playing along.
They sat at the table and talked. Okay, forget about Kakashi who is just watching in amusement and slightly annoyed because they were using his house, table, and not include him in. Oh well, he'll just stalk them for a while. He finished all the drinks in the bottom fridge anyway.
“She's probably somewhere in the forest because there are plenty of cool places there,” they nodded.
“Maybe a cave?” Sasuke added.
“Or anunderground tunnel?” Naruto said.
They both looked at him and gave him the weirdo glance. Forgetting about what he just said, they continued to plan. I guess it was only a stroke of genius for Naruto.
“Want some walkie talkies?” Kakashi wanting to join in too.
“That's a great idea too. It'll be easier to look for her if we split up. Naruto, you'll take look past the bridge. I'll look to the right of the bridge and Sasuke-kun will look on the left.”
They agreed to her plan. Kakashi gave them the earpiece and microphones and they head on out.
/-/-/ Somewhere In the Forest 10:37 am /-/-/
“I don't sense anything here. Over,” Naruto said. Jumping from tree to tree.
“Nothing. Over,” Sakura answered back.
“Someone's over here I think. Over,” Sasuke called out.
Naruto and Sakura went back over to the left side of the bridge. They met up and searched for Sasuke. He saw him in the bushes waiting for them.
“You find her?” Sakura whispered.
“I think so,” he said.
“We're way out here aren't we?” Naruto asked, looking around the area.
They nodded, they never been this deep in the forest before. Hope they don't get lost trying to get back. They continued to follow the strong chakra. They ran into a fur yellow wall. They froze and looked up.
The largest animal they seen brought, out their kunais in defense. Kalong looked at them, yawned and lied down again.
Team 7 slowly lowered their kunais and walked around the animal. They heard a splash and ran towards it to see HIM!

Third chapter i finished in a day. Thanks for reading!