Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Bachelor Life or Marriage ❯ Day 5: Beautiful Butterfly? ( Chapter 16 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I just been brain fried. I gots no ideas how to steal Naruto. So that means I don't own Naruto.

Fifth Day. Friday. Afternoon. 2:50 pm
Wriggle. Wriggle. They clanked their cups together.
“Oh. Hey Naruto, Sakura, and Sasuke! I see you went out to look for me. See I told you they would come here, you owe me ten bucks!”
“Shoot! I would've thought Kakashi would come first!”
He begrudgingly looked through his vest pockets and handed her the ten. She snatched it away gleefully.
Three question marks popped over Team 7's brains. Are they together? Why is she in a towel? Why are they toasting? What are they toasting to? Why is she in a towel? The list can go on and on here.
Why is he in a speedo? It's too scary just thinking and looking at that. And more importantly, who is that animal and why are they in a pool?
Iruka comes out of some bushes, “Ha. I would have sensed him a long time ago then.”
“Yeah, if he smacked you in the head,” Yuri said.
Team 7 stood there dumbfounded. You mean they didn't find Yuri-san first? What a bummer.
“Ano Yuri-san why is Gai-sensei and Iruka-sensei here?” Sakura asked.
Iruka tugged on his swim trunks and got in the wide but little inflatable pool. He wore only swimming trunks and Gai just had to be wearing speedos underneath them clothes.
“While I was leaping through the forest, I ran into this bumbling fool,” Yuri points to Gai, “training. He wanted to challenge me to a fight but I wasn't in the mood. He kept asking me and then started following me.”
Yuri took a sip of her smoothie. She got out of the pool and looked through her bag. She took out three more cups and poured drinks for Team 7. By now, Naruto was in his trunks in the pool sighing. Everybody today was wearing bathing suits underneath.
“How did Iruka-sensei get here then?” Naruto's turn to ask.
“He found me up in a tree with Gai and joined us even though I didn't invite him,” she glared at Iruka.
Everyone was looking at him now, he “Heh he,” and looked away.
“Who's that?” Sasuke nodded over to the large napping fox.
“That's Kalong, I showed him to you yesterday at the ramen shop remember?”
Team 7 looked unconvinced looked back at Kalong. Kalong stared at them.
`Can I eat the dark one?'
She shook her head in disbelief.
“No you can't.”
The others had a confused look on their faces. Who was she talking to? Yuri glanced at Kalong looking at her.
“Which one are you talking about?”
The group looked around. Looking confused and a little nervous; wondering if she was crazy or needs medication.
“That one right there, with the pink hair,” he nodded over to Sakura.
Sakura's eyes bulged out. She looked around and pointed at herself.
“Me? Why?” Sakura asked Yuri.
Yuri gazed at Sakura thoughtfully and leaned back.
/Say Yes/ Inner Yuri says.
`You gotta be kidding me. You don't like her?'
/I dunno. I just want to see if he actually does it/ she had a evil grin on.
Yuri thought and looked at the nervous Sakura a little more.
“Okay, go ahead,” Yuri sighed out.
Kalong stood up and stretched and yawned. He walked over to Sakura, he sat down towering over her, and Sakura looked up.
“Dark one? Are you color blind or what?” Yuri asked Kalong.
`Looks good. It would taste good with some lemons,' he licked his mouth.
Sakura gulped, she slowly creaked on up, and got up and out of the pool.
“Eh eh heh, I t-t-t-think I left the…kunai in the stove. Yeah my kunai! See you later,” she dashed on outta there as fast as Kakashi eats his food.
Naruto looked around for Sakura. To the left and to the right. He finally blinked.
“Sakura-chan! Wait up! Bye Yuri-san!” he jumped out of the pool and leaped off.
Sasuke sighed and leapt after them for some reason. He should have stayed of course because now she was left alone with those two…again. She stared at them.
Gai not even noticing the uncomfortable silence said this, “Ahh what beautiful youth! How sweet it is to see love in the air!” or something like that.
Iruka, Yuri, and Kalong stared at him.
“Is he always like this?” she whispered to Iruka.
Iruka sweat dropped, “Yes always.”
Iruka and Gai talked about stuff I can't fathom. Yuri and the thunder fox watched them in boredom.
“Well it's getting pretty late,” Iruka said standing up.
He looked at the sky, the sun was about to go down, and he put on his clothes.
“Ahh, yes. I've got to go as well. Too bad I can't keep this beautiful butterfly company,” Gai had tears in his eyes.
Yuri rolled her eyes and Kalong glared at Gai.
"Beautiful butterfly, we will continue our match another time," he held Yuri's hand with his teeth and eyes sparkling.
He also got up to pick up his clothes and jammed with Iruka trailing behind.
Yuri sighed in relief, “Finally! I thought they would never leave, Kalong.”
She fully lied in the mini inflatable pool that was originally supposed to be used by kids 2 to 8.
“Too bad the dark one left.”
“Tell me again how Sakura-chan is dark? She's all pink with spiky ruffles.”
“The mind, hers is slightly sweet with those spiky ruffles you mentioned,” he thought about Sakura and licked his lips once again.
“You can't eat her,” Yuri said.
“What? Naze? You said I could,” he started growling.
“Well too bad you can't.”
They both glared at each other. Kalong put one paw in the pool. She stood up and got into a defense position holding up her katana. Her towel fell into the lukewarm water. So this is why she covered herself up.
The tattoo, the one on her left shoulder, started glowing red. It didn't hurt this time; she swore it was getting smaller when she looked at it putting on her bikini and mini shorts.
He eyed the tattoo and chuckled.
“What's so funny?” she got out of the defense position.
“It's time.”
“Time to eat?”
“That's right time to eat.”
“Well, then why didn't you say so. I would've brought a lot more limes then,” she took out only three limes.
“No no. Not that kind of food something else.” He looked off into the distance.
“Well then what? Should have told me when I went to the store. Now I have to go back.”
“Not that” `you know how I wanted the dark one?'
She looked at him, `Sakura you mean. You still can't eat her.'
`Not swallow her whole. The thoughts, woman, thoughts!'
“Don't call me woman. You know my name and you will use it. What about these `thoughts' you speak of?”
`What you call them? You're thinking when you're sleeping?'
“You mean dreams?”
`Yeah, whatever you ningens call it. I eat `em.'
`You? Eat dreams? Is this supposed to be good for the person? Or just good for you?'
/Oh you gotta be kidding me! What the heck is this? A fairy tale fox? Unbelievable. But I'll believe anything convincing/
`Good for both of us. I only eat bad dreams.'
“And why do you have to eat dreams when you have fruits?”
Kalong sighed and sat down.
`The very first one to call upon me was this old woman. I think she was a witch or something. She spelled me and I would go around eating bad dreams. Old woman died but the spell didn't go away. So now I'm stuck eating thoughts every century.'
`Why every 100 years?' Yuri caught up in the story.
`She changed the spell around so I would only have to eat every 100 years.'
“I guess she must've been a good witch then,” Yuri concluded.
“Who cares about good or bad, she still didn't take it off when she died,” he muttered.
“So when my tattoo starts glowing red you have to go eat peoples bad dreams? Creepy.”
`Yes, you're lucky you get to see it once.'
“And all you have to eat is one bad dream right?”
`Yes, I have to collect 100 dreams then the curse will lift.'
“Okay…How many have you eaten?”
“99 dreams and one more left,” he shivered with glee.
Silence entered once again.
“Then she must've been evil. Making you go around eating dreams.”
`She also thought it would be fun to make me human. Like being a ningen will be great,' Kalong scoffed.
“What! You're turning human? What's so bad about turning human?”
Yuri thought about what he would look like.
`Humans are weak, emotions get in the way, and they're everywhere!'
Yuri laughed.
“You're right about that. But only when humans are up against animals like yourself Kalong.”
“Why don't you just not eat the last dream?”
Kalong was skeptical of her, `You want that tattoo flashing for the rest of your life?'
“Oh well not really. Kalong so you do care about me!”
She gave him a hug. A gust of wind came by with Kakashi poofing into the scene.
“You're pretty popular Yuri,” Kakashi makes his entrance.
“Am I? How long were you sitting in that tree?”
“How did you know?” Kakashi was sure he was well hidden.
“Being only a mile away behind Kalong can't stop me from finding you,” she got of the tiny pool.
“Gai would of won the ten bucks if he sensed you,” she poured the water out of the pool.
She looked through her bag and got out the sack of ice. She poured it in the pool and went back in.
“You're not going to come in, K-chan?”
“No,” he sat leaning on the pool.
“Why not K-chan, you're not feeling hot?”
She wrapped her arms around him and rested her head on his shoulder. He was deep in thought that she saw so far.
“Penny for your thoughts?”
“I just have some questions…” he trailed off.
“Questions like?”
“You're good enough to be a part of anbu, why didn't you join?”
She turned around to play with the ice in the pool.
“You know why K-chan. My team, Team 5, remember? They wasn't…what's that word? Dedicated no. They weren't really into becoming ninjas. Lousy team I had. Sensei and I both knew that they wouldn't make it.”
Yuri put on a cheerless smile.
“Sorry for bringing it up,” and he was seriously sorry too.
“I don't really care now though. The Hokage let me join another team and was able to be a jounin at least. I love doing my own thing so I don't have any regrets.”
Enter the comfortable silence for her and uncomfortable silence for him.
“So…Any other questions you want to ask me now so it doesn't get awkward later?” Yuri asked him.
“Come on. I don't have all night. You too Kalong you can ask questions too. Just say it all at once; I'm sure I'll be able to answer all of them.
Kalong suddenly jumps in the pool, back to cat sized, and lies in the ice.
“I do, this forest of lemons you tried to bribe me with. Is that a place of fantasy or reality?”
“Where do your parents live?” Kakashi asked.
“How do you fit all your weapons in your clothes?” Kalong questioned.
“And did I say anything weird last night? Cause I don't remember a thing after we entered the bar?”
That's all they could think of right now. So they stopped. Yuri registered it all in her head.
“Kalong's question first. I lied.”
“Nani?”
“It wasn't a forest of lemons. Sorry I lied; I did try to bribe you. I only have one large lemon tree. But that's all the lemons you're going to get if you go there. K-chan's question. My parents live right next to the smith house. There's two houses, one for my parents and one they built for me. Strangely I don't use it. You're mother is staying in mine.”
“What is she doing there?” he asked.
“Later. Kalong's question,” Kakashi was getting annoyed of Kalong, “I remodeled all of my weapons so they are able to go somewhere on me. And K-chan's last question, yes you did say some things. Time to go home now.”
She flashed around, picked up her bag, and deflated the pool. She poofed off before Kakashi can say anything.
“What did I say?”
He went to his house.
/And what is that fox really up to/
Oh one of the gods that I should be worshipping! This chapter was so hard during the two weeks I had absolutely NO ideas or anything on writing this. I feel so bad. Thanks for reading. Review for me plz.