Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Bachelor Life or Marriage ❯ Day 7: Journey to the Slide ( Chapter 24 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Day 7: Journey to the Slide
Chapter 24
 
---
Disclaimer: I don't own Naruto. I told you 23 times already. You should know that by now.
---
Seventh day. Sunday.
(10:50 am)
 
Again three somebody's interrupted them stepping out of Konoha's walls. Jakatta, Na-Na, and Rui were running over to them.
 
“Yuri! We didn't know you was leaving already,” Na-Na called out.
 
“Who are they Yuri-san?” Sakura asked.
 
“That's Na-Na with the honey combed hair and Jakatta the stylist. They helped me get ready for the runway. I think that's Kakashi's friend.”
 
“We're just acquaintances,” Kakashi said.
 
“Na-Na, Jakatta what are you doing here?” Yuri asked.
 
“Chickie, how dare you!” Jakatta put Yuri in a headlock.
 
“What did I do?” she squeaked.
 
“Didn't even say goodbye to us and you miss the after party!”
 
“Um I'm sorry?”
 
Jakatta let go, “Apology accepted!”
 
“So is that all you came here for? And what about you boy?” she looked at him.
 
Rui finished breathing hard.
 
“Dude, I keep my promises. I was looking all over Konoha for you. Here you go. I know you'll like it,” he handed a large envelope and glanced at Yuri.
 
Jakatta took note of that and grabbed Rui's collar.
 
“She's not interested in the likes of you, little man. I got this under control Yuri,” Jakatta waved good-bye and dragged him away.
 
“We wanted to give you this bottle Yuri. Since you missed the party, we took one for you. Well gotta be looking Jakatta now. She might be in a mood for styling my hair,” Na-Na handed her a bottle of a very good alcoholic drink.
 
“Bye Honey Combs,” Yuri stuck it into her bag.
 
“Bye gray eyes.”
 
“Now can we go?” Sasuke asked.
 
“Yep,” she messed with his hair.
 
Okay, okay. Finally stepping out of the borderline without being interrupted. Naruto jumped in front and searched through the area.
 
“Yosh! Let's go! No bandits or thieves around here! It's a clear.”
 
`Hmm, this might be a problem,' Yuri thought.
 
“Aren't we going to go Yuri-san?”
 
Yuri looked over at Sakura.
 
“Let me think for a minute.”
 
“About what?”
 
“Should we take the long way or the shortcut Kakashi?”
 
“How long is the long way?”
 
“It's a hundred miles if we took the long way.”
 
“And the shortcut?”
 
“Only fifty miles. If we took the long way, we would have to cross a bridge over a mile long canyon. The problem with the shortcut is that you might lose your way getting to the canyon. Then all you have to worry about is jumping off a slide to get to the other side.”
 
“A slide?” Naruto looked over to her.
 
“Well it's a makeshift slide. It was supposed to be another bridge but because people were getting old and started to get lazy. Only five people decided to change it into a slide instead.”
 
“I don't know about that slide,” Kakashi said carefully.
 
“Oi let's do the shortcut Kaka-sensei! I want to jump off the slide!” Naruto blurted out.
 
He looked over at Team 7, they all nodded, wanting to do something fun out of Konoha's borders already.
 
“Okay,” even he was interested in this slide.
 
“Alright!” Naruto threw his hands up.
 
Yuri stepped off the path and started jumping from branch to branch. Team 7 followed with Kakashi at the back.
 
“So did you look in that envelope yet?” Yuri asked.
 
Kakashi looked at her and looked at Yuri in the front. He looked at her doppelganger.
 
“If it's something dirty, I won't tell,” she sang.
 
“Later when we finish escorting you home.”
 
“And you finally seeing your mother. Isn't that wonderful? A boy and her mother reuniting,” she held her hands together.
 
Kakashi rolled his eyes and pulled out his book. The doppelganger poofed off. He can see and look where he's jumping at the same time.
 
`I think meeting with his mother is going to get very uneasy.'
 
/That's why we're going to witness it and break the silence when it turns quiet/ Inner Yuri decided.
 
`And we'll have to prepare our attack on Kalong too.'
 
/It's already planned out. He knows our Venus chi trap and we'll just have to give him another surprise. He is so not going to be the seme/
 
`Darn right!'
 
She clenched her fist and broke a branch along the way. Sakura leapt her way beside her.
 
“Yuri-san?”
 
“Yeah?”
 
“What were in the package and scrolls?”
 
Yuri rubbed her chin and half smiled.
 
“You sure you want to know?”
 
“Of course I do!”
 
`And also because I didn't have enough time to take a sneak peek,' Sakura thought.
 
“Well…maybe I shouldn't say it. But you'll have to wait until you get back home.”
 
“How about the package then?” Sakura was determined to get something.
 
Yuri looked on her other side to see Sasuke and Naruto there.
 
“Come on Yuri-san!” Naruto sort of pleaded.
 
“Nope, not until you go home. Sit on your bed and open it.”
 
She dropped down to the ground and stopped. Team 7 had to backtrack themselves to find Yuri and Kakashi lying around. They sweat dropped.
 
“Break time. I need a snack,” she took out two large bento boxes.
 
“Did you make it Yuri-san?” Naruto was also getting hungry.
 
“I bought from the corner store.”
 
Team 7 drooped. Their bento boxes were crap nasty.
 
“Did you check the dates on those?” Kakashi said.
 
She opened the tops and a bright light shined on the food. Mouths were watering already. It looked good but that didn't mean it tasted good.
 
“You take things too seriously. I made it,” their mouths watered even more.
 
Passing chopsticks all around the three shared one box and Kakashi and Yuri shared the second.
 
“Look what I can do Sakura-chan!” this was clearly Naruto.
 
He threw a cute little delicious octopus food up in the air. He opened his mouth and thank the heavens landed in his mouth. Though I should of made him miss it or let a flying squirrel snatch it away.
 
“Naruto don't play with your food especially when Yuri-san made it,” Sakura had the evil look turned on.
 
/I don't want you wasting her good cooking on your lousy stomach if you keep doing that/ Inner Sakura scorned.
 
“How many more miles do we have to walk?” Kakashi asked.
 
Yuri took a sushi roll and popped it in her mouth, “Mm let me check.”
 
She climbed up a tree to stand on a branch and jumped up. She saw a dotted figure in the air besides the trees. Yuri plunged back down. She looked at Kakashi.
 
“You ate all the pickles?” she gaped at the empty space where those yummy pickles were resting.
 
“It was good.”
 
“Those were my favorite,” Yuri murmured.
 
“You could have some of ours Yuri-san,” Sakura offered.
 
Yuri looked over at her, “You don't have any pickles either. Sasuke has the last one.”
 
Sasuke looked at her. He was about to put it in his mouth. He thought about it, to give the pickle away or not, what a hard decision. Give it to her and lose a pickle or eat it and possibly not get any good food from her.
 
He didn't eat it. Wait, nope, he did.
 
“That's alright he touched it first anyway.”
 
“Did you check?” noticing she wandered away from the question.
 
“Yeah the slide is just half a mile away.”
 
“You mean we're already there?” Naruto perked up.
 
“No I said we're only a half a mile away, Naruto.”
 
Everyone cleared the bentos and set off once again to that slide.
 
/-/-/ At Last! The Slide and the Canyon /-/-/
(1:01 pm)
 
Team 7 gawped at the slide. Yuri was right; it did have the structures of a bridge but then dipped down and curved up. It was big, yellow, and spliced making two choices for yourself. Take the left path and you just jump off. Take the right and try to go all the way around the loop de loop.
 
The canyon was boringly long and wide. You couldn't see the bottom because of a heavy fog sleeping there. To their left they saw the rickety bridge Yuri mentioned. They spotted someone on the other side going down the slide.
 
They flipped and turned and landed stylishly next to them. It was a teenage girl; she lifted up her goggles, and stared at them. She turned around and slipped down the slide again.
 
“Don't mind her. She always comes here,” Yuri said.
 
Team 7 gazed down the long slide.
 
“Who's going first?” Yuri said.
 
Sasuke stepped up to the slide. What a brave boy.
 
“You sure it's safe?” Kakashi wondered.
 
“Of course it isn't safe for little kids. That's why we put a net and ladder under the bridge,” Yuri explained.
 
“Go Sasuke-kun!” Sakura cheered.
 
Sasuke jumped down and put one hand down to balance himself from tumbling forward. He took the easy path and flipped effortlessly on the other side. Yuri and Sakura clapped. Naruto frowned upon this.
 
`Sasuke bastard. Always has to take the attention,' he stepped on the slide.
 
“Go Naruto. It's easier than you think,” Yuri pushed him.
 
“Ah!” he waved his arms around and bended his knees.
 
Happily he was on the left path also. He made it to the other side.
 
“Sakura's turn.”
 
Sakura studied the slide and looked at the other side. Naruto waved over to her. She took a breath and nearly landed on her face on the other side. Sasuke helped her from facing that embarrassment.
 
“Go on, K-chan try the right one.”
 
“I'm thinking.”
 
“At a time like this? I know thinking is a verb. But it's what you do!” she shoved him off the edge.
 
“Thinking is doing,” he appeared behind her and nudged her down the slide.
 
“You suck!” she waved a fist at him and turned around.
 
She took out an empty bento box and used it as a board. She glided to the right and one loop. Two loop and she twirled and flipped next to Sasuke. They clapped energetically.
 
“That was fun.”
 
“Let's do that again,” now that Naruto wasn't scared anymore.
 
“Still have a mission to do,” Kakashi dropped to the ground.
 
Through the woods to Yuri's house they go.
 
/-/-/ Wei Residence /-/-/
(1:21 pm)
 
Remember what I said a few chapters ago? Wei Yuri's place has three buildings. The original Wei household where her parents live sits to the west. To the east is the shop where she's the boss.
 
Behind both of them is Yuri's house that her father and some of his friends helped built. Built Japanese style where you still slide doors and have bamboo floor. It still looked new because she hadn't been in it for a couple of years. So they let Kakashi's mother, Sunny, and Deus live in it.
 
“Are you guys rich?” Naruto looked all over the place.
 
“I don't think so Naruto,” Yuri looked around.
 
Farmers still walk around here, clients waiting out the door of the shop; it looked like an ordinary day again. Yuri walked to the shop. She eyed the clients, they were farmers and two ninjas, and hopefully Deus didn't have any trouble. The old farmers said hello to Yuri.
 
“Hey,” she waved at them and opened the door for Team 7.
 
“It's hot in here! Someone turn up the ac,” Naruto fanned himself.
 
The building was blazing red and that made itself more hotter. The radio was turned on and blasting of rock music.
 
“My office is just over there. At least that room has ac. You'll need to wait there while I take care of some business.”
 
She led them to it. Yuri cranked up the ac all the way and closed the door behind her.
 
“You're suppose to wait with them K-chan.”
 
“Am I? I can take the heat.”
 
“Whatever. Just don't pass out in here.”
 
Yuri turned the radio off; some working stopped what they were doing and came over. The others couldn't stop because they needed to finish forging whatever that needed forging or they would have to start over. A very annoying process.
 
The ones that did have time gathered around her and gave her hugs. Kakashi was a little peeved. They were all male employees and some of them good-looking and young.
 
“We saw you in the mags, boss and almost everyone in here posted you somewhere in their room,” a veteran employee said.
 
They all nodded.
 
Employee two, “I didn't know you could get even hotter, boss.”
 
“I don't care. Where is he?” she said seriously.
 
“He's waiting with Chun and is behaving himself,” they all grinned.
 
“Okay, back to work losers,” she turned up the radio again.
 
Yuri and Kakashi walked out the shop.
 
“Who is Chun?”
 
“My delivery boy. Everyone gets along with him as long as you don't get him mad.”
 
They strolled over to a small pond where they find a very tall man and a short man fishing.
 
“Chun!” she called out.
 
The tall man looked back at them and threw the smaller man over his shoulder and ran over. Seven feet tall towered over them.
 
“Boss, we were waiting and waiting for you! We saw you in the books and everyone cut your picture out,” Chun cheerily said.
 
“And did you do your job Chun?” she said slowly.
 
He nodded, “I delivered the weapons just like you asked. This guy,” he patted the small man, “he kept trying to runaway but I caught him every time.”
 
“Okay, you did a good job Chun. You can leave him to us now and do your job.”
 
“I'm going to tell Sunny I did a good job!” he dropped him and ran off.
 
Kakashi looked down at the beady eye man in the black suit. He got up and dusted himself off.
 
“I can now see why you hired that slow witted oaf,” the little man said.
 
“You want me to call him back?” she folded her arms.
 
“No thanks,” he spatted.
 
“Jehdi you know I told you no.”
 
“Yuri you know I didn't listen. Only one custom, that's all I ask, name your price.”
 
“You ruined my shop, Jed.”
 
“I'll install anything you need for that shop.”
 
“Go ask another smith,” she turned her head away.
 
“There's no other smith that I know that can do what you do!”
 
“Quit the flattery before I send for Chun.”
 
Jehdi scowled, “You know a smith that does it then?”
 
“Of course I do.”
 
“And you didn't tell me?”
 
“Of course not. He's a missing-nin that's why.” (sp?)
 
“Where can I find him?”
 
“Can't tell you that,” she kicked a rock.
 
“Why?”
 
“You know that answer already,” she gave him her coldest glance.
 
“Fine, I won't do business with you anymore,” he turned and walked away.
 
“You know a missing-nin?” Kakashi asked.
 
“I saved his life that's all I can say K-chan. But I should've kicked Jehdi's ass though,” she punched her hand.
 
Kakashi smiled. He'd let that go for now.
 
“Now that, that lesser business is done. Time to prepare for the two others,” she walked back to the shop.
 
“What's that?”
 
“To kill Kalong and meet your mother.”
 
He was silenced. Team 7 was waiting outside for them.
 
“You guys took pretty long doing your `business',” Naruto grinned.
 
“Naruto, why are you so immature most of the time?” Sakura put her hands on her hips.
 
“Because he's a dobe,” Sasuke answered.
 
Naruto glared at Sasuke and clenched his fist, “Why you!”
 
“So what are you guys going to do next?” Yuri asked Kakashi.
 
“Go train,” he answered.
 
“That's cool. Might as well start training while we wait, I need to get back to work and start doing my duty. There's nothing else to do besides farming, customizing, or going down the slide. I'll see you later.”
 
“Let's go,” Kakashi turned around.
 
“What are we going to do, Kaka-sensei?” Naruto asked.
 
“Going back to the slide to the learn how to dodge.”
 
“We already learned how to dodge.”
 
“Dodge while still in mid-air,” he put in plain words.
 
Oh.
 
“Okay who waited here all day first?” Yuri rubbed her hands.
 
The two ninjas from the hidden village of Rain stood up. She put her business smile on.
 
`I hope Jehdi didn't send these guys. They're so weak,' she thought as she pulled out a paper and pen.
 
“So I'm guessing you want a custom also?”
---
And so chapter 24 ends. Thanks for reading.