Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Bachelor Life or Marriage ❯ Day 7: She's a Mood Ring ( Chapter 25 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Day 7: She's a mood ring
Chapter 25
 
There will be cussing. Please be advised to get used to it.
---
Disclaimer: I don't own Naruto. I wonder if I'm ever going to finish this. Because I don't know Kakashi's mommy's name. I'll just call her Mrs. Hatake and mother.
---
Seventh night. Sunday still omg!
(6:50 pm)
 
“Here you go. You're custom had been finished a couple of days ago,” Yuri handed over the sickle and scythe.
 
Yuri and this handsome blond farmer were standing outside the shop. He was her last client for tonight.
 
“And you've tested them right?” said the farmer.
 
“Don't trust my skills Tatsuya Shido?”
 
“I'm just being cautious before I start swinging these things around. So. Want to cozy up under the stars?” Tatsuya put on his best smile.
 
“Cheesy as that sounds. You're not my type Shido. I'm glad you're trying to be somewhat cautious.”
 
“Oh, not going by first names now? Well do you want to go drinking? Sliding? Or how about do something reckless?”
 
“I don't want to do anything with you except talk about customizing. I need to get away from you now,” she walked to her house.
 
He caught up to her, “Why do you need to get away from me?”
 
“I might not be able to stop myself from beating the shit out of you. Want to fight me?” she faced him.
 
He backed up a little. He mustered up some courage.
 
“If you'll go on a date with me,” he took out his chained scythe.
 
“You already lost,” she walked away.
 
Shido was confused. He heard something behind him and turned around.
 
“Shido, she told you no already. Give her up if you don't want a real beating from her,” Zenji, one of the veteran employees, said.
 
“And what are you going to do about it?”
 
From the shadows more men sauntered on over.
 
“She's our boss. We don't need you to put any more stress on her,” another employee said.
 
“This is none of your business,” Shido said.
 
“When it comes to boss it does.”
 
Shido could see the stars and birds flying about. That is, after he got jumped on by nearly all the men who came walking by. They didn't know who they were kicking but they wanted to join in too.
 
Yuri took off her shoes, “Mrs. Hatake I'm back!” she called out.
 
She put on some slippers and stepped on the tatami floors. Lightning struck through her mind, the air was heavy she didn't know why. Yuri walked silently looking through the windows and doors. She checked the kitchen.
 
“Hello?” she looked at the table.
 
Team 7 was sitting there being quiet. Naruto wasn't making any noise at all. That was strangest of them all. Kakashi was in the corner staring at nothing. Yuri looked at the older woman in her kimono making tea.
 
Uneasiness was floating all over the room; no wonder the house was quiet. Yuri caught the short ninjas attentions and waved them out of the room. Leaving Kakashi and mother alone.
 
“Anyone show your rooms?” she asked them.
 
They shook their heads. Yuri nodded and showed them each an empty bedroom.
 
“Yuri-san, who is that old lady? She didn't say anything but she still creeped me out,” Naruto asked.
 
“When she's in a better mood, then you can ask her Naruto.”
 
Sasuke and Sakura joined them.
 
“You eat yet?”
 
The trio's stomachs growled.
 
“Wait here and I'll go make something,” she tried to bring the room some cheer.
 
Yuri closed the door and finally heard some talking behind the doors. Entering the kitchen, this time Mrs. Hatake and Kakashi were sitting at the table. Yuri grabbed an apron and tied it on.
 
“So, Mrs. Hatake did you eat dinner yet?” she tried to shove the silence out of this room too.
 
“I already ate,” she sipped on her tea.
 
Yuri shrugged and made something for everyone. Putting utensils in one pocket and picking up two plates she was just about to poof away.
 
“Yuri, don't do that in the kitchen. Kakashi will help you,” mother said.
 
“Oh yes Mrs. Hatake.”
 
Kakashi stood up and helped. He took her two plates in one arm and the last plate in the other. Yuri got to hold the drinks.
 
“Did you say anything to her yet K-chan?” she asked walking up the stairs.
 
“No.”
 
“You're going to have to talk to her sometime. I don't want it to be this quiet in the house. It gets me on edge,” she opened the door.
 
“I'm starving Yuri! What did you make tonight?” Naruto smiled.
 
“You're so rude, Naruto! Thanks Yuri-san,” Sakura held her plate and drink.
 
Team 7 was sitting on the floor in a circle. Yuri handed their utensils, napkins, and drinks. Why did she feel like a waitress all of a sudden? Kakashi sat on the bed. She grabbed his arm before he got even comfortable and shut the door.
 
“You're not going to hide from your own mother. Come on, I'll even help you talk to her.”
 
Mrs. Hatake wasn't in the kitchen now. She was in the sitting room, sitting on the floor setting her tea down on the low table. Kakashi finished his plate in the kitchen. Yuri dragged Kakashi down onto a cushion and sat next to him across from his mother.
 
Mrs. Hatake, though old, was very beautiful when she was young and she still was. Her black hair was piled up and looked like she just came from a festival. Yuri didn't know she could dress up like this. She guessed she knew they were coming early.
 
“Did you get our letter?” mother looked at her son.
 
“Yes mother.”
 
“Can I see it?”
 
He was silent for a couple of seconds. This was getting more awkward.
 
“You threw it away didn't you?”
 
He was filled with a lot of guilt right now. Mrs. Hatake sighed.
 
“I knew you would've thrown it away. I just wanted another keepsake of your late father's writing.”
 
Mother sure does know how to bring down her own son. Yuri patted her pockets.
 
`I know I hid it somewhere on here.'
 
Yuri unfolded a piece of crunched up paper. Mrs. Hatake brought out a handkerchief because she was near to tearing. Why was she trying to make the situation even more tense?
 
“Mrs. Hatake, I was only able to get one of them,” Yuri handed over one paper.
 
Luckily for Yuri, she grabbed the one with his writing. The very last page where he signed, `To my boy.' Isn't that the sweetest thing?
 
“I'm glad the Wei's had a daughter. I always knew this would be a good match.”
 
Wait, wasn't she just near to crying?
 
“Where'd you get that?” Kakashi whispered to Yuri.
 
Mother was reading and rereading the letter trying to memorize every detail of the curved spelling. She was too preoccupied to listen to their whisperings.
 
“You looked pretty serious reading that letter. So I wanted to have a look and picked up one of them. It was the last paper. He really knows how to threaten a guy,” she whispered back.
 
“Well! I'm happy I got three presents today!” Mrs. Hatake cheered up.
 
The barrier of silence was finally lifted from the house.
 
“And what was that, Mrs. Hatake?” Yuri asked.
 
“I got another memento, see my boy grow up to a man, and see you two finally getting together. I think I should cry again.”
 
Yuri and Kakashi looked at each other. Yuri looked away first. Mrs. Hatake didn't notice anything.
 
“Yes, yes. Quite a good match. We wrote that letter when you two were still in the sandbox,” Mrs. Hatake reminisced.
 
“So you're still thinking about that?”
 
She looked at Yuri, “Why of course! We don't get old for nothing; we grow old to see the next generation screw themselves up while we say `I told you so!' Then we could either be the crazy grandma or be the grandmother that everyone loves. I want to be both.”
 
Okay, whatever. At least she was in a good mood. She skipped up to bed.
 
“Well that went better than I expected,” Kakashi said.
 
“Yeah, you barely said anything,” she rolled her eyes.
 
“So who was that guy you was talking to?”
 
Yuri laid her arms on table and put her head down, “Which one? I was talking to a lot of guys today.”
 
“The last one.”
 
“Oh. Him. That was Tatsuya Shido. You can say he has the same moves as Iruka when trying to pick up women.”
 
“And he has been chasing you ever since right?” Kakashi leaned on the table.
 
“Of course. The guys at the shop look out for any interested guys and take care of it when they become too bothersome.”
 
“Everyone seems interested in you.”
 
“And you're the only lucky guy that I'm interested in. It evens everything out,” she smiled at him.
 
“Would you tell me you the missing-nin's name if I wasn't going to tell?” he asked.
 
“Are you going to tell on me?”
 
“Not if you wasn't in danger.”
 
“I can't tell you, K-chan. Though he said it didn't matter if I did tell someone. I wouldn't do that. Somebody's always watching and listening,” she was thinking of the Hokage and his pervert-eye ball.
 
“Then how do you know he's missing?”
 
“Everyone knows who he is that's why. I didn't know what he looked like before but I knew his name. This is story is reserved for a rainy day.”
 
“Just one more question, did you make him a weapon?”
 
“No, he asked but he had nothing to pay me back. He already owes me.”
 
They looked at each other.
 
“You look really huggable now K-chan.”
 
“Then hug me.”
 
“I want to see that envelope that guy gave you first,” she sat up.
 
Kakashi took it out of his vest.
 
“Must be pretty special if you keep that in your vest,” she opened the envelope and poured at its contents.
 
“Didn't want to mess up anything that was inside,” he clarified.
 
She picked one up, “You sure did take a lot of pictures.”
 
“He asked for two of each model.”
 
“But you got a gazillion pictures of me. What are you my newfound stalker?”
 
She suspiciously glanced at him. He held up his hands.
 
“I didn't know he would blow up your pictures.”
 
“Well the only one I like is this one,” she held it up.
 
It was the one that Rui photographed.
 
---
And for more info on Chun from the last chapter. Chun is special and has always been special. He's still young, only 18 years old and seven feet tall. He works as Yuri's delivery boy and does what he's told to do. His height and build makes him a formidable foe when he's mad.
 
I finished pretty early tonight; it's only 3:02 am. I usually stop at 1,500 words. Thanks for reading.