Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Bachelor Life or Marriage ❯ Day 8: 10 Eggs and a Scroll ( Chapter 26 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Day 8: 10 Eggs and a Scroll
Chapter 26
---
Disclaimer: I don't own Naruto. Try not to get too confused here.
---
Eighth morning. Monday.
 
Yuri opened her eyes to hear crying. She rubbed her eyes and sat up. It was another dream again, she was in the same dark room as before, but this time she wasn't the one in bed. She was sitting on a plush chair in the corner where Kalong was sitting in the previous dream.
 
Kalong was sitting on the bed with his hands and blond hair hiding his face. Yuri cautiously walked up to him and stood in front of him.
 
“You're hair sure does grow fast. This is a new side of you I've never seen Kalong,” she crossed her arms.
 
Kalong slowly looked up at her. His eyes were filled with so much suffering once he looked at her. A few more tears fell out of those silver eyes. He rested his head on her stomach.
 
He didn't look like he wasn't going to do anything to her. Yuri let him stay there.
 
“You're in so much danger,” he whispered.
 
“Well you are trying to get me so of course I'm in danger,” she said coolly.
 
He wrapped his arms around her and hugged her stomach.
 
“I'm getting weaker, Yuri. He's getting more leverage now.”
 
“Who are you talking about?”
 
“The other Kalong. He wants to kill you now instead of you becoming our mistress.”
 
She raised an eyebrow, “I'm getting confused here. You're Kalong and there's another Kalong?”
 
“That final dream was the last string to break me. I'm his Inner self he never listens to and he's not going to quit unless you seal us away or kill us,” he held her more tightly.
 
“That's what I intend to do. Is that all you came here to say? Or are you going to declare your love to me.”
 
Kalong let go of her and stood up. His tears disappeared and walked to the window. Daybreak was approaching in the dream. He turned around to look at her.
 
“Yuri I'm glad you was my master for even a couple of days. I wished we met under different circumstances maybe then we'd be something for than master and pet. I'm also grateful that my other side doesn't listen to me. For this is our weakness,” he held it up to her.
 
“But that's just a…”
 
Kalong nodded, “Don't doubt it's normal appearance. You're going to wake up soon.”
 
“But you didn't tell me what I'm suppose to do with it!”
 
“You'll know,” everything started to get fuzzy with light.
 
/-/-/ Dream World Ends /-/-/
(3:28 am)
 
She was sweating when she woke up.
 
“I don't know why I'm sweating. Nothing bad happened. Damn it, he needs to learn how to talk faster,” she mumbled.
 
Yuri got up to put some pants on and opened her door. She looked both ways before she stepped out. Stepping in the right places so you couldn't hear the squeak on the stairs.
 
She closed the door behind her and tiptoed to the shop. The clouds covered the moon and she stopped. Moonlight came again, holding her kunai and aiming for his throat, he pushed her hand away.
 
They looked at each other and he took a step forward. Yuri put her hand up.
 
“No kisses tonight, K-chan. I have something to look for,” she turned around and unlocked the doors.
 
“What are you doing walking around in the middle of the night?” Kakashi tagging along.
 
“I should be asking you that. Trying to get in my bed already, you cad. I'm looking for some scrolls,” she entered her office and turned on the lights.
 
“Won't somebody wonder why the lights are on?”
 
“They know I'm always in here doing customs and other things late in the night. I sleep in here most of the time,” she moved the couch and pulled up on the carpet.
 
Pulling the carpet over, revealing a metal door. She forced some chakra into her hands and shoved it at the door. It slid sideways, exposing a set of stairs, and she walked down the stairs. Kakashi had nothing else to do but follow.
 
“Seven people including you know about this. What I need is some where in here,” she flipped the light switch on.
 
It was an underground room. On the walls, was every weapons worshippers dream, great customs sleeping on the walls. In the center was a large table with a map of the Konoha and all of the other villages. Colored pinpoints were pinned over the map.
 
“You're being very open about this,” he said.
 
“You won't tell. I hope. You wouldn't be able to get in here alone anyway, unless I told you how. So just sit somewhere, while I go look,” Yuri looked under the table.
 
She rolled under the table and checked if the hidden compartment had anything she needed.
 
“What are you looking for?”
 
“Oh just a scroll,” she looked in a drawer.
 
“What kind?”
 
“The This-Technique-Will-Shock-Amaze-and-Destroy-You kind. I know I put it away somewhere,” she looked around.
 
Kakashi chuckled, “Okay whatever. Need help?”
 
“Yeah, it's a large scroll with a purple sticker. You can't miss it,” she opened a closet.
 
She sighed, now she'd remembered, she threw it with all the other large scrolls in here. Yuri pulled one out and the rest came tumbling down.
 
“There are a lot of purple scrolls here. Now how do find it?” Kakashi picked one up.
 
“Well I remember drawing a crappy picture demonstrating the technique on the front. So just throw the others back in there if you don't see a doodle.”
 
Fifteen minutes later Kakashi found it while Yuri chucked a scroll in the closet and closed it.
 
“These are some really bad doodles. I can't even figure out what that stick figure is trying to do,” he rolled it around.
 
Yuri grabbed it away, “I told you it was crappy. Let's get out of here.”
 
She turned off the lights, slammed the metal door shut, and put the couch back. She hopped on the couch and took a little peek. Kakashi sat down and looked at her.
 
“Now what were you doing walking around here K-chan?” she put the scroll down.
 
“Being a lookout,” he pulled out his book.
 
It's been a long time since we seen him reading a book. Yuri stretched and got up. She opened a wardrobe and pulled out some gloves and her welding helmet with flip up lens.
 
“Well while you're looking out in my office. I'll be outside welding some pieces together,” she pulled on her gloves and set her helmet on top of her head.
 
Yuri closed the door.
 
`Why did I fall in love Yuri?' Kakashi sighed.
 
/You want to know why? I made a long list already. Number one, she know-/
 
`Forget it. How am I going to tell her? I don't want it to sound like I got it out of a book.'
 
/You don't have to tell her. You just have to show her. You walk up to her, grab her by the shoulders, look in her eyes, and say `I love you.' Then you give her a passionate kiss while the sun is setting and waves are crashing behind us/
 
`I'm not going to use something that Gai started. You're thinking too much.'
 
/Or how about you say `I didn't know there was anyone out there waiting for me. I'm glad I decided to let you sleep on my couch.'/
 
`That's really stupid.'
 
Kakashi didn't want to listen to his Inner self so he walked out the office and watched Yuri. Yuri took out a blowtorch, nodded her head so her helmet fell, and started torching some pieces together.
 
`I love Yuri but why can't I tell her?' he leaned on a wall.
 
/It's all in the timing. You've read the books, timing is everything and there's always an exact moment when you tell her/
 
`You're right. This isn't the right time.'
 
Sparks were going everywhere. Wearing only a tee shirt, Yuri didn't flinch when some of it flew to her arms. She finished the piece and turned off the blowtorch.
 
`How can I use that against the evil Kalong?' she thought, `and how can I bring the Inner Kalong out?'
 
/-/-/ Yuri's Kitchen /-/-/
(7:09 am)
 
Humming a tune, Mrs. Hatake enters the kitchen in regular clothes.
 
“Oh hello. You're that sourpuss boy from last night,” she saw Sasuke sitting at the table.
 
Sasuke leered at her. Apparently he was waiting for some breakfast. Figuring since he was in someone else's house, someone would make some breakfast sooner or later. Plus he didn't know if someone would be mad at him if he used something that wasn't supposed to be touched.
 
Yep, he's a sourpuss. He was lying awake in his room at five and decided this was the appropriate time to go downstairs.
 
“Uchiha Sasuke,” he said.
 
“Oh an Uchiha member in the household? I should call this a special day but its not,” the old woman said.
 
She went next door to eat some breakfast. The door opened again to find Yuri and Kakashi walking in. They looked at him and he looked a couple of seconds at them.
 
“Eat?” Yuri asked him, she put the large scroll on top of the refrigerator.
 
Sasuke didn't reply, he didn't know if she was going to make anything for him. He did eat the last pickle after all.
 
“Sit,” she pointed a seat for Kakashi.
 
`Do boys just forget how to cook when there's a woman around?' she washed her hands and put on an apron.
 
“Did Mrs. Hatake come here?” she asked Sasuke.
 
Sasuke glanced at Kakashi, `That's his mother?'
 
“Yes.”
 
“She didn't make anything for you? What did you say to her?” she couldn't find the eggs.
 
“Nothing.”
 
“I bet you didn't say good morning or hello to her,” she tugged on his cheeks, “If you don't say anything to Mrs. Hatake she won't give you any breakfast.”
 
Sasuke rubbed his cheeks. Yuri opened the door and saw Tatsuya.
 
“Tatsuya!” she waved him over.
 
Kakashi eye twitched at the name. Tatsuya smiled. He was patched up after the late night beating.
 
“Morning Yuri-chan,” he sauntered over carrying a basket.
 
“You have eggs in that basket?” she pointed at the pink frilly basket.
 
“Yep, just came from the Hashima residence. You want some?”
 
“That's why I called you over here. This isn't just for curiosity,” she leaned on the doorway and folded her arms.
 
“How many do you need?” he opened it.
 
“Well I ran out of them today. I don't know how long I'm going to…Ten eggs?”
 
“That's an awful lot. You're going to owe me a date for this,” he put the eggs in her hands.
 
“Ten eggs isn't worth a date Tatsuya. Just put the last two in my pocket,” she held four in each hand.
 
“They say I should give up on you, Yuri-chan.”
 
She looked at the eggs. She hoped that was enough for at least a day.
 
“You should. You're wasting your futile attempts on me. Other girls are at your mercy already. All you have to do is ask them.”
 
“But I'm asking you, you're not at my mercy. Is that guy the reason why you're not saying yes to me?”
 
“Yeah,” she looked up at him.
 
“What does he have that I don't?”
 
Isn't that a stupid question? Yuri couldn't think of a good answer at the moment. Lack of food.
 
“…He's a good kisser,” she smiled at him.
 
“Want to try me?” he puckered up.
 
Still smiling at him, “Good bye Shido.”
 
Yuri closed the door and leaned on it. She heard giggles.
 
“You hear what Yuri-san said? I didn't know Kaka-sensei made it to second base already,” Naruto whispered.
 
He doesn't know what second base was, he just heard people talk about bases and doing it.
 
“It's because he learned it from his books,” Sakura said.
 
Sakura and Naruto were crouched beside the kitchen door. Yuri walked up to them and they peeped up.
 
“Hi Yuri-san!” Naruto stood up quickly.
 
“Just get in the kitchen Naruto,” Yuri smirked.
 
“You got any tips for me Yuri-san?” Sakura asked.
 
“About what?”
 
“Getting to second base.”
 
“Nope. Don't have a clue. I go by my common sense and timing,” Yuri walked in the kitchen.
 
Kakashi looked up from his book and looked at her. He heard everything she said. Without the team noticing, they shared a look.
 
Running out of ideas here. Eeee. -Punches fist- Ouch that hurt. Thanks for reading. Review for me so my owie will get better.