Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Bachelor Life or Marriage ❯ Day 8: Matchmaking Mamas ( Chapter 27 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Day 8: Matchmaking Mamas
Chapter 27
 
Disclaimer: I don't own Naruto. It was for my own good anyway.
 
Eighth day. Monday.
(10:10 am)
 
Yuri joined Team 7's day out, with the scroll resting open on her lap, and lying in a tall tree.
 
`So if I use chi, that could substitute as life force right?' she thought looking at the pictures.
 
She saw something moving at the corner of her eye. Yuri looked down at Sasuke climbing and jumping up to her branch. Yuri looked back down at her scroll.
 
“You need something Sasuke?”
 
He didn't say anything and just lied on the branch. Yuri took another gander at the ground and saw Naruto and Sakura-chan. Sakura was trying to fight a half battle. Naruto didn't want to fight her.
 
“Naruto pretend Sakura is Sasuke,” Kakashi told him.
 
Sakura used henge to turn into Sasuke, “Let's go, dobe,” she mimicked Sasuke.
 
Naruto clenched his fist. Fire was in his eyes. They finally began to fight.
 
“Oh I see. That's why.”
 
Yuri let Sasuke be on her branch instead of kicking him off. He could've used another one, there were other millions of perfect branches, but Yuri's presence calmed him down for some reason unknown.
 
Yuri went back to concentrating on the scroll. If she wasn't a ninja, she would have swore that this looks like a spell of witchcraft. But you would have to collect weird items if this was sorcery.
 
`Wonder how much chi I need to do this?'
 
She sighed and attached the scroll on her back. She stood on the branch. Time to test the new target practice.
 
“Hey Sasuke!” she kicked his foot.
 
Sasuke opened his eyes and looked at her.
 
“Want to train with me?” she asked him, while taking out shurikens, a sword, katana, kunais', rope, and a big lunchbox.
 
He looked carefully at me as Yuri set her concealed items on the branch. How she managed to fit a lunchbox in her clothes, I forgot.
 
“The rope came underneath the back of my shirt. Sword came from pants, kunais' from my high collar, and my katana strapped to my lower leg. And no it doesn't get uncomfortable.”
 
She answered, even though he didn't ask the question out loud.
 
“Now, let's fight one on one,” she stood up and put her hands on her hips.
 
He nodded and stood up also.
 
“You can use anything you have or anything I have. Just not the lunchbox.”
 
Yuri didn't grab anything yet. As I said, she liked taijutsu and she wanted to check Sasuke's moves. She'll let him hit her a couple of times.
 
-Yuri's POV-
 
We were at different branches this time. He had a kunai in each hand, in attack mode.
 
“Ready? 3, 2, 1. Start.”
 
We charged at each other, he bent down low to give me an uppercut. I barely missed it, pretty good. For a boy. I grabbed his arm and threw him over my shoulder. He bounced off a tree trunk and managed to cut off my last sleeve.
 
Ooh, now I was slightly mad, this was my favorite shirt. It's hard to find a tailor good enough to satisfy my expectations. He knew I was angry and he smirked.
 
He ran off to the top of the trees. Okay new settings here, we're standing possibly on the very leaves. I kicked myself off the leaf.
 
Punch, block, kick, he ducked. He kicked, I jumped and he punched my stomach. Landing on a branch, time for a change. I grabbed my katana when he made some symbols.
 
Horse. Tiger.
 
“Katon Goukakyuu no Jutsu.”
 
He did more of that fire breathing stuff, I spun my katana fast enough to move the fire around me while I ran towards him. He saw this and blocked with the sword I left lying around.
 
Good, good. At least he's using my stuff. We played footsies. He tried to kick my head; I ducked around him to kick his booty. He nearly fell off the branch.
 
“Heh heh heh,” I grinned.
 
At hearing this, he growled like trying to imitate an animal. Must of learned it from Naruto. It's pretty hard to put him in a foot lock when he's shorter than me. He kicked the bottom of my leg while I blocked. I rolled back and jumped back up. He swung the sword at me but I merely jumped over him.
 
I sliced his bindings off his left arm. He clashed the sword with my katana. With one arm holding the katana, I karate chopped his hand to almost dropping the sword. I brought it up to the air and caught it. I pointed it at his neck.
 
“Checkmate,” I gave him a smug look.
 
I lowered the sword and jumped to a lower branch. He had the rope and shurikens now. He managed to put the rope through the shuriken holes. Now it looks like a long vine of thorns. I'll let him do the attacking this time. I put my swords up in defense.
 
He started swinging it around like some kind of cattle rancher over his head. He slammed it down where I was but I just hopped over to another tree. Sasuke broke that branch.
 
Hmm, that isn't going to work very well. It's hard to maneuver a 150-pound rope. He already was starting to breathe a little hard.
 
Sasuke tossed it and brought out his new katana. Hope he learns to use it properly. I threw the sword to the ground and held my katana in one hand. Our katanas' collided; him not use to katanas' had to use two hands. His wrists must be weak.
 
He grunted and said something under his breath, doing some hand symbols. Again, he tried to make me move away but I quickly spouted out water against his fire. Steam clouded his view an- Nope never mind, only a log. I found Sasuke and cut the branch he was crouching on. I caught his hand from another branch.
 
“Yuri. Quit playing around,” I almost forgot whose voice that was.
 
I looked to my left to see Kakashi.
 
-End of Yuri's POV-
 
“What do you want?” she asked him.
 
“Let go, Sasuke,” he said.
 
Yuri looked skeptical and looked at him.
 
“He's going to hit a branch on the way down.”
 
“He can make it. Drop him.”
 
Yuri looked closer at him, he looked calmly serious, and she let go of his hand. She turned the kunai to him but he went behind her.
 
“Guess it's a tie.”
 
He smirked and poofed back to Sasuke.
 
“But you need to work on your wrists. You can't hold a katana with two hands.”
 
Yuri put her items back to its concealed place. Fixed the scroll on her back and walked off the branch. She scared Naruto and Sakura falling from the branch. They were too into the fight to notice anything else.
 
“Yuri-san! You scared me!” Sakura breathed out.
 
“Don't do that! I was going to hit you,” Naruto panted.
 
“My bad,” she disappeared.
 
/-/-/ The Parents House /-/-/
(11:00 am)
 
Yuri stood in front of the closed door and gathered her thoughts together.
 
`Okay. Family reunion, I can do that. Hope they don't go too crazy.'
 
Yuri knocked on the door at exactly 11:03 am. The door immediately swung open and a muscled arm grabbed her inside. The door slammed shut.
 
Yuri entered the family room. Her parents were sitting on the couch. Mrs. Hatake was sitting beside Yuri's father.
 
“Good, you're on time. I hope you finished my assignments Yuri,” Mr. Wei crossed his arms.
 
His gray moustache bobbing up and down. He was eating a bowl of strawberries.
 
“Yes, I did,” she crossed her arms behind her back.
 
The two mothers hid their emotions. Like a pimp and his ladies. Yuri took out two small boxes from her pocket. She set it down on the table.
 
Mr. Wei nodded for them to open it. Mrs. Hatake and Mrs. Wei grabbed a red velvet covered box. They opened it. Shine shine. Sparkle sparkle. The ladies sighed in relief and then screamed.
 
“I told you she would do it!” Mrs. Wei exclaimed.
 
“Oh yes! Wonderful I tell you,” Mrs. Hatake held it up to the light.
 
“Geez they're just friendship bracelets!” Yuri broke out.
 
They stopped and gave her the evil eye. She could withstand one eye, by not two; the combination would give her the heebie-jeebies for a while. Mrs. Hatake latched her silver bracelet on and Mrs. Wei put on her gold armlet. They high-fived each other.
 
“Back to business, my son has finally grown up into fine man!” Mrs. Hatake said.
 
Mr. Wei dropped his strawberry and became alert.
 
“What do you mean by that?” he looked at the lady.
 
“My boy! Yuri-chan brought him and now we can prepare for their wedding!”
 
“Really Yuri? Your fiancé decided to marry you?” Mrs. Wei looked up at her.
 
The two energetic ladies jumped up and searched Yuri.
 
“Where's the ring? You should let everyone know you're off limits now that he proposed to you,” they looked at her.
 
Yuri just stood there.
 
“Kakashi didn't propose. I just brought him around to get him reacquainted with his mother.”
 
“Oh I'm so sorry Yuri-chan. We didn't know he was married.”
 
“If he's married then where's his wife? And how come he didn't invite his own mother?” Mrs. Hatake huffed.
 
“No he doesn't have a wife,” Yuri answered.
 
Mr. Wei stood up, “Don't tell me h-”
 
“He's not gay either.”
 
He sat back down. The three women went to the kitchen.
 
“Then he's just waiting for the right moment to propose to little Yuri. Right?” Mrs. Wei looked at her one and only daughter.
 
“No mother. He's not going to propose to me. As I said, Kakashi and his students are just visiting because of some things happening. He's helping me do an assignment.”
 
They mentally rolled their eyes.
 
“There's always time for him to see that he needs you.”
 
“Quite so. My son, though lazy and unpunctual, should know that Yuri's the perfect wife for him. I'm going to have a talk with him if he doesn't make a move on Yuri.”
 
Yuri stared at the old women conspiring against Kakashi.
 
“Stop this!”
 
The wives looked at her.
 
“You're going to stop with this matchmaking! Kakashi and I are grown adults. We can make our own decisions on whether or not we marry,” she slammed the door behind her.
 
They stared at the door, “She's obviously delirious,” Mrs. Hatake noted.
 
“Poor Yuri, she's just sad that he didn't propose to her yet. It's up to us to make him see the light,” Mrs. Wei clenched her fist.
 
Yuri stood behind the door listening to them chatter.
 
`Good. Maybe now we can have some humor around here,' Yuri thought.
 
She walked off with a bounce in her step. The meeting went perfect and everything happened like she planned. Yuri shivered remembering the evil glares.
 
-
Most of the fighting scene was written in the beginning. I tend to do that, try to write the ending and the beginning at the same time. I'm still thinking whether I should kill Kalong or seal him away. Finished 11:13 pm, that's hella early.
Thanks for reading. Ja!