Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Bachelor Life or Marriage ❯ Day 8: Final Confrontation ( Chapter 28 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Day 8: Confrontation Time
Chapter 28
 
Disclaimer: I, nappyhead, do not own Naruto.
 
Eighth day. Monday
(10:00 pm)
 
Yuri spent her afternoon doing customs for a ninja from the village of mist.
 
Kakashi caught up with his reading in Yuri's room, with her permission of course. She had some books he didn't have a chance to read yet.
 
Team 7 was doing…something. They played on the large slide and had a competition, as always, on who could leap higher and farther.
 
Mrs. Hatake, Sunny, and Deus joined them for lunch and dinner. Everyone chatted about anything. The reason Sunny and Deus were late was because they took a `detour' going to Yuri's house. Yuri figured they went out to treasure hunt again. It was their hobby.
 
Everybody went his or her separate way after dinner. Sasuke went out to train. Sakura followed him to train with him. Naruto fell asleep. Mrs. Hatake ran over to the Wei household and schemed with Mrs. Wei. Sunny and Deus was planning for their next treasure hunt.
 
And my two favorite characters in this story were sitting on the roof.
 
“You mean they're planning something now?” Kakashi asked Yuri.
 
“I told them not to and they started planning. I thought they would have some plans already made.”
 
“Guess I should be on alert for their ploys then.”
 
“When matchmaking mamas get together, you know something's up,” Yuri lied down with her hands underneath her head.
 
“Then why did you tell them not to scheme when you know they are?”
 
Yuri grinned, “I just thought it was getting pretty quiet around here lately. Them scheming makes me less nervous. It's when they're quiet that they're planning something good.”
 
“You're always surprising me Yuri.”
 
“How am I surprising? I lead a pretty normal life like anyone else. With a few beat downs here and there,” her grin widened.
 
He looked down at her.
 
“You sneak into my house and I didn't do anything about it,” he counted off.
 
“It's cause you know me.”
 
“You're a smith.”
 
“Not too surprising, I am a daughter of a smith.”
 
“You taught me how to cook something. Which is startling itself.”
 
“You pay attention to me.”
 
“You tell me what to do and I do it.”
 
Her smile grew, “You don't want to disappoint me that's why.”
 
“You don't like the Hokage.”
 
“He locked Kalong up, didn't feed him, and didn't seal him away.”
 
“You don't like Iruka.”
 
“Iruka is just plain cheesy. He's boring, isn't funny, and is a do-gooder. His face just screams `Beat Me Up.' I'm trying to control myself from punching him every time I see him.”
 
“Ouch harsh. My students pay more attention to you than to me.”
 
“It's cause I'm cooler than you.”
 
“You read Icha Icha Paradise.”
 
“It's a good story. By reading stories like that, its easier to not be tempted by handsome men cause the ones in stories are better.”
 
“A fictional character is better than me?”
 
“Hey who said you was handsome? But I am tempted by drop dead gorgeous guys, there's a difference you know.”
 
“So you're saying I'm drop dead gorgeous now?” he mischievously smiled and leaned over her.
 
“I said I'm tempted. It doesn't mean I'm going to take the bait. And anyways drop dead gorgeous guys only come out on a blue full moon.”
 
“Speaking of them coming at a full moon,” Yuri looked at the corner of her eye.
 
She stood up and waited.
 
Shadows from the far side of the roof gathered up and formed as Kalong. The only thing that changed about him was his black billowy shirt in the wind.
 
Yuri crossed her arms, “I see you've grown used to the dark side quickly. Your hair grows quick too, you have trouble having to cut it all the time?”
 
Kalong chuckled, “Dear Yuri-chan, don't be worried about me. And thank you about the comment.”
 
“Don't worry I'm not going to.”
 
“Let's get right to business Yuri-chan. Shall we play a game of rock, paper, scissors?”
 
“Quit the formalities. That's not exactly getting down to business K-kun. Anyways you're doing the wrong way of asking, all you have to do is start shaking your fist, and if others want to join you they will start shaking their fists too. If nobody does it, then no one wants to play.”
 
Kakashi looked around, “I see no one shaking their fists. No one wants to play with you tonight.”
 
“I see,” Kalong observed Kakashi, “you might interfere again. I won't let that happen this time.”
 
With a wave of his hand, electric daggers pierced through Kakashi's chi points. He was paralyzed and remained where he was standing.
 
A worried Yuri tried to pull out the daggers but made the daggers grow larger. She turned around and glared at him.
 
“What the hell did you do?” she said lowly.
 
“I only trapped his chi and paralyzed him. If you keep touching the daggers, they'll only grow larger. I hope they don't damage some of the nerves,” Kalong thoughtfully said.
 
Her eyes widened and turned cold. Yuri made her decision. She took out her scroll and swiftly rolled it on her wrist and not her whole arm this time. Pulled out a kunai and cut Kalong's tattoo again. She didn't have to write his name on the roof plates. Once a name goes down it will always be remembered.
 
Twenty hand seals were made. Kalong flashed in front of her and held her arms apart.
 
“You're not going to do the same moves on me Yuri.”
 
She winced at the strong grip on her arms. Yuri did more seals separately. Her shoulder was acting up again and throbbing red.
 
`Ah shit.'
 
Kalong smiled, “One more time to remember Yuri?”
 
“I don't think so,” finally the fox seal appeared.
 
He jumped away from her. The invisible wind came stronger than before and forced Kalong on his hands and knees. This time large electric chi bubbles flowed out of him and rushed to enter Yuri's wrapped arm.
 
She grimaced from the electricity entering her. Yuri knew he was weakening by his pale face and less than glowing face. She stopped when she nearly got all of it.
 
Yuri started her next jutsu.
 
-/Step one, have a large amount of chi/- Check.
 
-/Step two, hand seals…/- Hand seals performing right now, check.
 
-/Step three, a body and an almost willing soul/- Double check.
 
-/Step four, touch life form's fore head and heart/- Yuri kneeled in front of Kalong and put one hand on his fore head and one over his heart. Check.
 
-/Last step, make the final seal, put large amount of chi in hands, and strike the areas with the chi entering the life form/- Yuri tried to do that but her hands went right through Kalong.
 
He went right through her hands and right into her forehead with a pop. She fell on her back. Kakashi was released of his hold and ran over to Yuri and picked her up. He lightly slapped her cheek.
 
“Yuri? Yuri?”
 
Her forehead was glowing red and her hands were still full with chi waiting to be passed out.
 
/-/-/ Yuri's Mind /-/-/
 
- Yuri's POV -
 
What the? Now where am I? Wasn't I about to do something? I couldn't remember.
 
Looking around, I'm in some kind of weird looking forest on a path. On my right side was dead tree branches, they were bare and was trying to cover the pathway. The left side had more color; it was nearly dead and somewhere in the back of that was glowing red or pink. It wasn't very clear.
 
I looked down to see a girl walking with me. She looked strangely familiar; she was wearing a black coat with blue hair. She walked behind me. I noticed on my left an empty dark space between the dead trees and bushes. I felt someone was there, watching us; it was two somebody's.
 
I couldn't make out who it was, it was daytime though, and I shook the feeling off and kept on walking. I looked back again, the little girl and something else behind her. Something came out of that dark space and it was heading our way.
 
My heartbeat thumping loud, I grabbed the little girls hand and began to run out of the forest. As soon as we did, we were somewhere with large acres of grazing land. My heart slowed down and the black figure vanished.
 
I saw children standing in the grazing land staring at us. Their eyes were cold and wouldn't stop looking at us.
 
Me and the girl where finally in town. I don't know where we were going but my feet apparently did. We walked in a store and saw the feet of a man going upstairs. There was two stairs on each side and an elevator in the middle behind a counter.
 
I believe we were trying to avoid him. We took the elevator and it was very cramped. The wall facing the door had a window. The elevator didn't make any noise; I heard a man's voice and tried to get on the floor so he wouldn't see us.
 
But the girl managed to squeeze out the door and confront the person. I followed her and it was a young man with a pale face and whitish blond hair. He looked familiar too.
 
The girl cried out, I knew he had hit her. He held a stapler gun, I tried to reach for the girl but he stapled my hand, I cried out. I don't know why I'm acting like such a weakling right now. I felt weak and there were no weapons on me.
 
Releasing some strength, I tried to grab his arms so I could make him fall. He was too sturdy and he shoved me towards the floor. What was I going to do now?
 
Another younger man came out of nowhere and he pointed a sword toward the others neck. This place was like a silent film, nobody was talking, and I couldn't hear anything. This made me scared anyone could sneak up on me and I wouldn't hear it.
 
Finally, someone seemed to be on our side. They both looked exactly alike, same eyes and same color of hair. Were they twins? The good one wearing a white shirt and the bad one a black shirt. I don't know what's happening to my mind right now.
 
I searched for the little girl; she was past the older man on the floor unconscious. I picked her up and put her on my back. My feet led me to a box and found a silver locket. It was a picture of someone, I couldn't make it out, and the face was blurred. That scared me even more. I tried shaking it off; I'm reading too much scary stories, stick to the romance.
 
I looked back up and saw the good twin wipe his blade. I walked closer to the bad one lying on the floor. He was dead. Blood was flowing out of his shirt. The good one must've pierced his heart.
 
The first noise that came through my ears was a relief. I thought I was deaf.
 
“You know the mind isn't that safe to walk around alone,” the good guy looked at me.
 
I shuddered.
 
“Whose mind?”
 
“Yours,” he answered.
 
Images flashed through my mind. Now I remembered what happened.
 
“You're the good Kalong right?”
 
“Correct.”
 
“Whose the little girl?”
 
“That's you when you were young,” Kalong looked down at his evil self, “He's subdued for now. You can now take care of him without worry.”
 
I felt my tingling fingers and looked at them. Yes, I remember what I was about to do to Kalong. The little me disappeared.
 
“Thanks,” I made the final seal and slammed into Kalong's head and heart.
 
He flew back into a wall and steam risen off his body. He jerked on the floor. With a last look at me he repeated what he said.
 
“The mind isn't safe to walk around alone,” with that said, he jerked again.
 
A bright light came onto me.
 
-End Yuri's POV-
/-/-/ Yuri's Mind Closed /-/-/
(1:05 am)
 
Kakashi waited an hour waiting for her to wake up. He held her tighter. He noticed her hands stopped glowing with electric chi and her head stopped glowing red. He watched something pop out of her forehead.
 
A white rolling ball dropped to the ground. Kakashi stepped back from it wondering why it would fall out of Yuri's forehead. It unrolled itself and four legs pushed itself up.
 
It ran up to Kakashi and yapped at him. Kakashi stepped back. The white creature shuffled his little legs to Kakashi and bit his shoe. Kakashi grabbed the scruff of his neck and poofed to Yuri's bed.
 
He dropped the animal and laid Yuri on the floor. He found the futon and blankets and put her under the covers. Shuffling under the covers, the little creature lied beside Yuri.
 
(1:25 am)
 
Yuri opened her eyes and saw darkness. She sat up and adjusted her eyes to the darkness. She spotted Kakashi a few feet from her on the floor sleeping. He wasn't using a blanket. Figuring this was the only blanket in the room, Yuri put blanket over him and lied down next to him.
 
`I'll deal with everything else in the morning,' she thought.
---
The dream Yuri had was one of my crazy ass dreams. It's true, that's what happened in my dream except the guy was Mugen from Samurai Champloo.
 
I have a feeling I'm going to finish soon. Like some day in September, hopefully on my birthday or something. Thanks for reading