Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Bachelor Life or Marriage ❯ Day 9: Troublesome White Fox ( Chapter 29 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Day 9: Troublesome White Fox
Chapter 29
 
There will be cussing in this chapter. Please be advised to get used to it.
Disclaimer: I no own Naruto.
 
Ninth day. Tuesday.
(11:33 am)
 
Bang! Bang! Bang!
 
“Yuri-san!” a voice called out.
 
Yuri turned her head and shifted around. More banging occurred. Yuri sat up; she looked side to side drowsily, and lied back down.
 
“She must still be sleeping Sakura-chan,” Naruto drooped.
 
“Maybe, let's see if they're at the shop. Kaka-sensei must be hiding around here somewhere.”
 
They walked downstairs.
 
“Hiding? I guess he went somewhere,” Yuri wrapped herself in the blanket like a cocoon.
 
Yuri rolled onto her stomach and crawled over to the sliding closet. She took out some clothes and began to lift up her shirt. Someone cleared their throat. She lazily looked back and blinked.
 
She pulled her shirt down.
 
“You're not hiding,” she lied back down.
 
Kakashi was leaning on the windowsill with his head in a book.
 
“Are you all right?”
 
“Who knows.”
 
“What happened to you? The last I saw him, he went straight into your forehead.”
 
“Kalong? So he didn't make it out of my head?” she stretched and yawned.
 
“I don't know what you did but something came out,” he turned a page.
 
Yuri jumped up.
 
“So he's still alive!? Where is he?” she grew energized.
 
Kakashi pointed to the door. Yuri hopped over to the door and looked at the tied up bag on the floor. It wiggled and jumped. Yuri untied the bag open.
 
“Kalong is that you?” she poked its body.
 
The white baby fox rolled on its back. She picked him up and stared into its eyes. Silver eyes and white fur, major changes happened to him.
 
“You don't look like Kalong. Uh oh.”
 
“What?”
 
“I think I messed up,” she dropped the fox.
 
She ran to her closet again and went inside to reach for the purple sticker scroll. Yuri unrolled it, reread it, and looked at the white fox.
 
“You sure he came out of my forehead?” she looked at Kakashi.
 
“Yeah.”
 
Yuri bit her lip and looked at the beast. He yipped and bit Kakashi's pants. She tried to remember what she did wrong with the jutsu.
 
Yuri stood up and pretended to do the jutsu. She wrapped the scroll around her wrist and got Kalong's chakra. She did the hand seals slowly. That part was right too.
 
`Okay. Then what did I do wrong in the dream?'
 
Yuri crossed her arms and sat down. She tilted her head. Kakashi looked at the scroll over her shoulder.
 
“Maybe you did it right and that wasn't his original color before,” Kakashi tried to help.
 
“He went in my mind I remember that. The scroll said I was suppose to strike his forehead and heart and I did that.”
 
“It's probably not the jutsu, it's the fox.”
 
“There's a whole lot of maybes' to consider. It's too late now anyway.”
 
“Why is that?”
 
“I don't have enough chakra to change him again. That's why I took his and used most of mine too. Now,” she stood up, “I have to get back to work.”
 
Yuri gathered her clothes and towel. Kakashi grabbed her arm.
 
“You said you used most of yours up right?”
 
“Yeah.”
 
“Shouldn't you be tired?”
 
“I already rested.”
 
“You lost a lot of chakra.”
 
“I already know that. I'm not going to use that much today. Only a bunch of paperwork and keeping an eye on Sunny. She tends to talk to much with the customers and Deus still needs to learn some major forging rules.”
 
“That's all?”
 
“Yep. I promise.”
 
“Okay,” he let go of her arm.
 
Yuri opened the door, “Watch Kalong for me while I'm gone. Bye bye.”
 
Kakashi looked at the albino looking fox that was rolling around the room.
 
`Hope you came out for the better.'
 
He picked Kalong up and left the room to find his students.
 
/-/-/ Shop /-/-/
(12:37 pm)
 
“You mean she just did paperwork!?” co-worker one said.
 
Co-worker two nodded, “Yeah, and she actually finished too!”
 
“She must have been in a fight last night.”
 
“Why do you say that?” a new worker asked.
 
“Because whenever she's in a fight, the next day she'll be doing paperwork and all the small tasks. Because she needs to gain back her strength. Even if it's just a little slap or kick, she'll do paperwork,” the first employee answered.
 
“Why would she do that? She could just ask Sunny to do it or just take the day off,” the newb asked.
 
“We don't know. The boss can do whatever she wants. I think she does it because the person she beat up might come looking for her. The boss doesn't like beating up the same person twice you know. She likes a little variety in her fights. So she stays in her office doing trivial work,” co-worker two answered.
 
“I guess that makes sense.”
 
The three employees were on their break sitting outside the shop. Yuri walked out and looked at them.
 
“I knew somebody was talking about me. Liam where's Chun?”
 
“He's at the pond boss,” Liam, co-worker one, said.
 
“Minty fresh go get him for me,” Yuri said.
 
The new guy looked around and pointed at himself, “Me boss?”
 
“You're the new fresh guy we employed right? Go get Chun. You can't miss him. He's the really tall guy,” she walked back inside.
 
“Why she called me `Minty Fresh'?” he stood up.
 
“You're the new guy. She calls all the new guys something Fresh. She called you `Minty' because of your green hair man. Go get Chun before I eat your food,” Liam eyed his box.
 
Minty Fresh took his box with him and ran to the pond. Lunchtime was over.
 
/-/-/ Office /-/-/
(12:48 pm)
 
“You called boss?” Chun lowered his head to enter the door.
 
“Yeah. You have a few deliveries to make,” Yuri looked at her list.
 
“What villages am I going to today?”
 
“You need to go to hidden villages of Grass, Waterfall, and Rain. You remember those places right?”
 
“Yes boss. Do I need an escort?”
 
“Their villages aren't fighting now. So no, you don't need an escort, for this delivery. Watch out for ninjas Chun. Some lurk around the hidden roads you use.”
 
“Oh don't worry about me boss. I can handle anything,” Chun smiled.
 
“Good. You want to ask if anybody wants something from those villages?”
 
“Sure. I'll see you in two weeks boss,” he ducked his head to leave the office.
 
`I should get that door redone.'
 
/-/-/ Forest /-/-/
(12:50 pm)
 
“Here's you mission today…”
 
“Another mission!?” Naruto was finally waiting for some action.
 
“It's a search and retrieve mission. You have to find a white fox. Don't let anyone know what you're looking for. Get to it. Goodbye,” he poofed off.
 
“Wait! He just poofs off without a picture or anything to help us find that fox,” Sakura huffed.
 
“Why are we looking for a white fox anyway?” Naruto asked.
 
“It's probably another test. Sasuke-kun, do you want to help me look at the canyon?” she batted her eyes at him.
 
“This is a mission. Not playtime,” Sasuke jumped off to look.
 
`Sasuke-kun is just shy. He still needs more time,' Sakura thought.
 
`How did he slip away? That sneaky fox,' Kakashi thought.
 
He still couldn't figure out how Kalong vanished. Kakashi was holding him one minute and then zap! He disappears. Hopefully they can find him before Yuri finds out.
 
/-/-/ Wei Residence /-/-/
 
“And then we surprise them!”
 
“That's a bad idea,” Mrs. Hatake noted.
 
“Hey look what's that thing outside?” Mrs. Wei pointed out the window.
 
They ran to the window to see an albino fox sniffing around the lemon tree in the back.
 
“Let's catch it and make it our pet!”
 
Mrs. Wei nodded and pulled out a net. The two ladies slowly walked up to the fox trying to climb the trees. Kalong was failing unsuccessfully. His little ears perked up and he turned around at the two evil eyed shadows. He squeaked.
 
/-/-/ Back to the Shop /-/-/
 
The office door slammed open and the two wives busted in.
 
“Yuri! We need your help!” Mrs. H cried out.
 
Yuri quickly stood up, “What happened?”
 
“Some idiot boy decided to play with a puppy and tied him up in a bag. Then he! He!” Mrs. H cried.
 
“What did he do?” Yuri worriedly said.
 
Mrs. W patted Mrs. H's back.
 
“He climbed up a tree and left the puppy up on a branch! We couldn't find Kakashi and his students to help and your father is afraid of heights. And we're not as strong as we used to be. You have to help Yuri!” Mrs. Wei replied.
 
Yuri rolled up her sleeves, “Where's the dog?”
 
/-/-/ Back to Kakashi /-/-/
 
Mrs. Hatake found his son behind a farmer's house and told him the exact thing.
 
“Where did he put him?” Kakashi asked.
 
“Um it was somewhere in the forest. But I remembered that the tree had vines growing on it.”
 
`Two animals missing. What's next?'
 
Kakashi leapt off.
 
/-/-/ Somewhere in the Forest /-/-/
 
“Damn. I should've brought a ladder or something,” Yuri puffed.
 
Yuri left all her weapons at home assuming she wasn't going to do any physical labor. Too bad she was wrong. She found the bagged puppy all the way up a very problematic tree. She couldn't walk up the tree because the moss was too slippery to walk on.
 
The only thing to do was use the vines. Yuri grabbed the longest vine and yanked it off. Then she jumped up and threw as hard as she can to a branch. It went over and she wrapped one end around herself. And use the other end to pull herself up.
 
“Once I find that boy,” she pulled, “I'm going to be doing a lot of paperwork.”
 
Yuri wrapped the other end to her leg and rested in the air.
 
“So much hard work over a puppy. How did this kid get up here?”
 
Yuri looked up at the highest branch where the jiggling bag was hanging. She sucked in some air and pulled. Kakashi spotted something off running in the forest. He ran off in that direction to see the vine tree his mother was talking about. Kakashi stared all the way up the tree and saw the bag hanging on the highest branch.
 
`Stupid kid.'
 
Kakashi walked up another tree after he saw he couldn't walk on the moss tree. He jumped off a branch and landed on the targeted tree.
 
“K-chan!”
 
He looked down and saw Yuri sitting on the branch. He dropped beside her.
 
“You're looking for the puppy too K-chan?”
 
“Yeah. How'd you get up here? I thought you wasn't going to do much today.”
 
“I thought I wasn't going to do anything either. The mamas told me some boy put a dog in a bag and left him up on this tree. I pulled myself up here.”
 
Kakashi looked at her, “You're worn out Yuri. Come on. Get on my back,” he turned around.
 
/Yes! Being in the damsel in distress mode! You did good/ Inner Yuri popped out from nowhere.
 
Yuri climbed on his back.
 
`How did I do good?'
 
/You made yourself do all that work knowing sooner or later K-chan will come by. Then he'll do the prince thing and save you! It's the perfect plan / Inner Yuri danced.
 
`I never planned this from the beginning. Mrs. Hatake and mother told me. Ah crappers.'
 
“K-chan?”
 
“Mm,” he jumped onto another branch.
 
“They set us up,” she told him.
 
“I thought about that.”
 
“They did. I don't think they would be wandering around the forest. And I don't know how a boy could get up here.”
 
“You're right about that.”
 
“And the motive to this plan”
 
“Was to get us together,” he completed her sentence.
 
“Which worked sort of. But how did they put a dog all the way up here?”
 
At last, they were underneath the squirming bag. Kakashi chucked a kunai at the rope. The bag fell and Yuri caught it. She opened it and saw…Kalong.
 
“K-chan! How could you lose Kalong?”
 
“He just slipped away.”
 
“Kalong the curious fox. Stop making trouble,” she stuffed him in the bag again.
 
Kakashi jumped all the way to the ground.
 
“Wait stop,” Yuri said.
 
“What is it?”
 
“I'm dizzy,” Yuri's head was spinning.
 
Kakashi walked for now with Yuri and Kalong on his back.
 
“So want to tell me that jutsu?”
 
“It's a jutsu that can mold someone's chakra and with the proper hand seals change the person's identity and form 360.”
 
“Any shortcomings?”
 
“You need a lot of chakra. Luckily for Kalong, he had his fox powers when he turned human. So his chakra level was way above high and was easier to do the jutsu. Though I still needed to use most of my chakra too. At least he changed. Don't know why into a white baby fox though.”
 
“Does that closet have more of those?”
 
Yuri whispered in his ear, “They're all Hidden scrolls. My friend gave me that scroll. That was the first time I tried it out.”
 
Kakashi shivered in joy. She had so many secrets on her. He liked hearing her whisper to him. Kakashi kept her talking through the whole piggyback ride.
 
The two mothers laughed out loud in Mrs. Wei's kitchen.
 
“They knew it was a set up. We'll try again next time,” Mrs. H held up her sake bottle.
 
“Who cares if they knew? They still want each other,” Mrs. W held her own up.
 
“Kompai!”
 
---
The end of chapter 29. Hope I did good. Thanks for the reviews, my hand is feeling all better and I'm able to type now. Thanks for reading.