Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Bachelor Life or Marriage ❯ Day 9: Seriously Lighthearted ( Chapter 30 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Day 9: Seriously Lighthearted
Chapter 30
 
Good lord. 30 chapters ^-^; This is getting ridiculous.
Disclaimer: I don't own Naruto.
 
Ninth day. Tuesday.
(8:42 pm)
 
Because Yuri was tired and slightly dizzy, Kakashi put her on his back and walked back home. And because Kakashi suddenly liked Yuri whispering in his ear he walked even slower than usual just to listen. Therefore they got to Yuri's house at 8:30 and making Team 7 search for nothing.
 
“It's late. Where could they've been gone?” Sakura asked.
 
The two wives just finished cooking and the team just finished eating. Naruto wiped his mouth.
 
“Maybe they went to…” Naruto raised his eyebrows up and down.
 
Sakura hit the back of his head, “Naruto! Stop thinking like that. I think you've been around Kaka-sensei too much on our free time.”
 
Even Sasuke thought about that. Why would Kaka-sensei send them on a mission to find a white fox and then suddenly disappear? The only answer to that, which Sasuke could think of, is to get more alone time with Yuri. And well, she does read his kind of books.
 
`That deviant pervert,' he thought.
 
/Shoot! They probably already are! Why can't Sasuke-kun be like that? / Inner Sakura complained.
 
The door opened and closed. The people in the kitchen looked out the kitchen to see a scattering cloud. They also saw Yuri and Kakashi's shoes.
 
“There's the two lovers now. I can tell those are Kakashi's tracks of dust,” Mrs. Hatake studied the floor.
 
“Who wants some mochi?” Mrs. Wei happily offered.
 
Kakashi poofed inside Yuri's room and set her down.
 
“That sure was a long walk K-chan,” Yuri freed the fox.
 
“We went pretty far out,” the only good excuse he could think of.
 
“Yeah,” she snapped her fingers at the fox, “Speak Kalong. Speak.”
 
Kalong jumped at her snapping fingers and yapped. Yuri pouted.
 
“Maybe because he's just a pup he doesn't know how to speak yet,” he wasn't looking at the fox anymore.
 
“You're probably right. I did change him into a baby,” she pushed Kalong away with her foot.
 
Kakashi sat beside her. Kalong turned its head to Kakashi and his silver eyes narrowed.
 
“I think he doesn't like me.”
 
Kalong bit his hand.
 
“Well what can you do? You're the dog and he's the fox. There's obviously going to be some controversy between you two.”
 
“Dogs do hunt foxes,” Kakashi lifted his hand and tried to shake him off.
 
Kalong only growled more and send out some electricity into Kakashi's hand. Yuri grabbed Kalong away.
 
“Least he's still a thunder fox. That's good. But is he still my summoning animal?”
 
“You still have his tattoo right? It would disappear if he died or something.”
 
Yuri blinked and lifted up her sleeve, “I almost forgot about that,” she said sheepishly.
 
The tattoo was still there. Yuri smiled. Kakashi just eyed the creamy white skin.
 
“Yep still there. Hmm. I can't remember if his name was always right side up,” she shrugged.
 
Kakashi rubbed the tattoo. Kalong watched Yuri watching Kakashi stare at her arm in fascination.
 
“…K-chan?”
 
Kakashi bent down and kissed the tattoo. Yuri did a double take. She pinched herself to see if was dreaming this or not. This was certainly not a dream within a dream.
 
Yuri kept her eyes wide open seeing if he was going to do anything else. He leaned toward her and pulled his mask down for a real kiss without a mask in between.
 
“I've been wanting to do that all day,” he put his mask back up.
 
Yuri mentally mischievously grinned at him and pointed at him, “So that's why you was walking so slow. You were warming up before you put your hands all over me!”
 
He was getting bolder with Yuri now that he got used to her.
 
“Tell the truth K-chan.”
 
“You're right. I do want my hands all over you,” finally back to his cool self.
 
Yuri's eyebrow twitched, “Before you start thinking about where to unconsciously grope me. Don't forget I have things hidden on me.”
 
Kakashi eyed her clothes, “That means I'm going to have to observe you and see where you keep them hidden,” he rubbed his chin.
 
“Good luck with that. Here's one place to be careful of,” she folded her high collar down.
 
Small pieces of paper were lined up in her collar. He took one out.
 
“Is this a-?”
 
The middle of the paper began to burn. BAM! A small explosion happened. Yuri coughed and wiped her face.
 
“Explosion tags. Cough. Kalong tried to electrocute you through the paper. K-chan?”
 
She looked at him lying on his back. His face or the most she could see were masked with soot and powder.
 
The running of many footsteps was going up the stairs. The door slammed opened. How noisy.
 
“Yuri didn't I tell you to keep your explosions outside the house?” Mrs. Wei nagged.
 
Yuri looked up at them crowding into her room. Kakashi sat up and rubbed off the powder.
 
“My bad. It was his fault,” she pointed at Kalong.
 
Everyone stared down at the white fox. Looking innocent as ever. There really was a white fox, Team 7 thought.
 
“Y-y-you mean there really was a white fox?” Naruto asked.
 
“Would I ever lie to you?” Kakashi asked.
 
The team gave him a look. They walked away.
 
“Don't blame the dog Yuri. Blame yourself who showed it to him,” Mrs. Wei started dragging Yuri away.
 
Kakashi wanted to scold the two mothers. But they didn't know what happened to Yuri last night. So he just send his scoldings telepathically. Mrs. Hatake popped in again.
 
“Oh yes. Kakashi, Mr. Wei wants to talk with you. He's in the other house,” Mrs. Hatake almost forgot.
 
“Because you did that in the house you're going to be cleaning the entire house today and clean the roof tomorrow,” Mrs. Wei said going down the stairs.
 
Yuri crossed her arms and mumbled, “He's a fox. I thought this was my house.”
 
/-/-/ Wei Household /-/-/
(9:15 pm)
 
Kakashi sat down and waited for Mr. Wei to come. He waited for what seemed like eternity, which was only one minute. Mr. Wei poofed onto the couch with another bowl of strawberries.
 
Kakashi observed Mr. Wei. Gray mustache, gray hair pulled into a low ponytail, and he couldn't tell if this was going to be a good or bad conversation. More possibly bad.
 
“I've been having second thoughts about you,” he set the strawberries down on the table between them.
 
“Why is that?”
 
“Not sure. Every father goes through these emotions when they have a daughter and they have to give her to another man. By the way you're looking at me tells me that you think Yuri doesn't resemble me at all.”
 
“…” Kakashi looked away.
 
“Nice answer. But it's true I'm not her biological father and she knows that. I just wanted to inform you of that. Her mother doesn't have that hair color so it must of came from him.”
 
Mr. Wei took a strawberry and threw it in his mouth.
 
“Have you been treating her good for the week?”
 
Kakashi nodded.
“And what do you think of her?” Mr. Wei slanted his eyes at him that clearly said Answer wisely. Or you'll be regretting that you ever stepped into this house and back into Yuri's life.
 
Kakashi cleared his voice and said what he thought of her. Without the bad qualities if I might add. He couldn't find any bad things regarding Yuri anyway.
 
Mr. Wei looked at Kakashi for a long time. Kakashi stared straight at him, he couldn't back out of this now, and he was in too deep now to swim back. Mr. Wei's eyes changed to indifference.
 
“Yuri knows that this is no place for beginners or sensitive hearts,” Mr. Wei stood up.
 
Kakashi stood up also. Mr. Wei led him to the door and opened it.
 
“She's seems serious with you and I've never seen her be serious outside work,” he said.
 
“Don't forget when she fights,” Kakashi thought out loud.
 
Mr. Wei smiled the first time that night.
 
“Good, you've seen she's capable of defending herself.”
 
Kakashi stepped out the door and turned around. He shook Mr. Wei's large hand.
 
“Both wives automatically gave you their blessing. So I guess I approve of you. You seem apt. You still have a curious eye on you. If you have any questions, ask my wife. She'll tell you anything.”
 
He pulled him closer and gave him an evil stare, “And if I hear anything bad from you. You'll deeply regret it,” he said very lowly.
 
Mr. Wei closed the door. Kakashi sighed.
 
`That went…pretty smooth.'
 
/-/-/ At the Stairs /-/-/
(9:30 pm)
 
“You sure you don't need help, Yuri-san?”
 
“I'm good Naruto. Sooner or later I would be doing this,” Yuri wiped back and forth.
 
“We could help you clean the rooms at least,” Sakura said sitting at the top step.
 
“Won't be necessary. I'll clean the rooms while you're sleeping. You won't notice a thing. Unless you're too scared I'll do something to you,” a gleam entered Yuri's eyes.
 
“It's not going to take that long cleaning your house will it?”
 
“I like taking my time. Go play some cards or something. Can't concentrate with you three watching me,” Yuri slid over to the last railing.
 
“Where do you keep them?” Sakura got up.
 
“Downstairs kitchen drawer.”
 
The three ran down the stairs and stayed in the kitchen.
 
“Yo,” Kakashi poofed on the top step.
 
“Did he threaten you?”
 
“Yes. It went well.”
 
“Glad to hear you didn't piss him off.”
 
They were silent as they heard Naruto starting another competition.
 
“He gave his approval,” Kakashi said.
 
“Approval for what?”
 
“Getting shackled up with you.”
 
“Figures he would give in. Wanna get married?”
 
“Do you?”
 
“I asked you first,” she stopped and looked at him.
 
“You casually asking it makes me say no.”
 
Yuri went back to wiping the handrail.
 
“So if I confessed my love for you, had happy tears in my eyes and emotion in my question, you would say yes?”
 
“You know that answer.”
 
“I wouldn't seriously do that,” she jumped to the bottom and went outside.
 
Yuri appeared on a lemon tree branch and started picking lemons. Kakashi stood under the branch.
 
“So you love me. Just start crying already,” Kakashi put his hands in his pockets.
 
“I said `If I confessed my love for you,' and I don't cry. There's nothing to cry about,” she looked up so she didn't have to look at him.
 
He materialized next to her and held her shoulders. She fixed her stare at his vest pockets.
 
“You finished the mission Yuri. We finished escorting you home and Kalong was changed. There's nothing else left to do here.”
 
“All you had to say was that you're leaving tomorrow,” she whispered out.
 
“Are you coming back with us?”
 
“Back to Konoha? Maybe, I still have some work to do.”
 
“Then let Deus do it.”
 
“I need some time to think, K-chan,” she stared at the lemons in her hands.
 
“Then you'll come to Konoha when you're done thinking.”
 
“Maybe,” she said apathetically.
 
“Yuri, what's wrong?” he frowned and squeezed her shoulders.
 
“Nothing at all K-chan.”
 
“Usotsuki. Tell me.” (Liar)
 
“It's just I…” she mumbled along.
 
Yuri's bangs hid her eyes.
 
“You what?”
 
“It's still too quick for me, you know? I mean I'm 24 years old; I still want to try some odd dreams before I get married. And plus I need to go meet someone tomorrow,” she smiled up at him.
 
Kakashi kinked his head. Eh? He chuckled.
 
“You always try to make everything light Yuri. Who are you meeting?” Kakashi trusted that it wasn't some guy.
 
“My daddy. Right after I wash the roof off and wave you away, I'll just go on and bike up to his cottage.”
 
“Not your step-father next door right?”
 
“No, he lives just a couple of miles that way,” she waved off in some direction.
 
“Then you'll come to Konoha?”
 
She nodded, “Yakusoku! Then I'll go and do some dream scheming.” (Promise!)
 
Kakashi raise a brow, “Dream scheming?”
 
“Yep, try to do some of my wild fantasies you know. Gots a whole list.”
 
“Okay whatever. Why are you picking lemons in the middle of the night?”
 
“It's for Kalong. It's his weakness.”
 
“He didn't seem fazed by lemons before,” he helped pick some lemons.
 
“Tangy fruits are like aphrodisiacs to the thunder fox. That's what I heard from a ninja in thunder country remember? Well blah blah the good inner Kalong came to me in a dream blah blah blah. Then he holds up a lemon and tells me this is his weakness. So I guess oranges and limes aren't his weakness so I'm getting myself prepared for tomorrow.”
 
`Because she's going to see her father and can't leave him with her mother,' Kakashi concluded.
 
“Tomorrow's going to be a long day.”
 
---
Writers block almost tried to kill me again.
 
Sasuke's barely hanging in this story, I found out that Ino-pig has the same birthday as me, and that school starts Wednesday August 31st. Meaning I might not be able to get to a computer with internet, just letting you know you might have to wait a little bit longer for my next chapters.
 
Thanks for reading! Tell me if I got the Japanese spellings wrong.