Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Back to Me ❯ Team Seven Reunion ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 3: Team Seven Reunion
 
After class, Naruto waited for Sakura at the locker hall as he usually does. Sakura still looked cheerful as always but there has been some burden shown on her face about what happened during the morning.
 
“Hello, Sakura-chan! How are you?” Naruto greeted. He had been a little extra cheerful so he can cheer Sakura up after what happened. “I-I'm fine, Naruto-kun. Is something special today?” Sakura asked.
 
“Uh well, Kakashi-sensei invited us to go out for some ramen at the shop right after class. I think it's some kind of a reunion, since of course Sasuke is back. Are you going?” Naruto asked. Sakura thought for awhile. She had to see Sasuke once again and she thinks that she is not yet ready to face him once again. It was hard to forget the hurt and the painful memories. She did not want to cry again.
 
“Are you going, Naruto-kun?” Sakura asked. She wants to consider Naruto's answer. It's important too. “Yeah, I'm going if it's alright with you.” Naruto replied. Sakura smiled and nodded. “Okay, I'm going with you as long as you'll stay with me.” She replied.
 
Naruto carried Sakura's bag as they walked along together to see Kakashi and Sasuke at the ramen shop. It was Naruto's way of showing his `gentleman-ness'. He held her hand too and it was really so sweet of him. Finally, they arrived at the ramen shop. From afar, Sakura could still recognize Sasuke's features. She gazed at him so tenderly.
 
“Greetings, Kakashi-sensei! And also to you, Sasuke! It's nice to have a Team Seven Reunion once again!” Naruto greeted happily. Sakura smiled shyly. She couldn't prevent herself from gazing at Sasuke even if it isn't supposed to be that way since Naruto was already there with her.
 
The Team Seven and Kakashi took a table and sat down (the ramen shop is modified! There are a few tables already not only the counter-style). A waiter took the order and Kakashi announced that it was his treat since he was actually the one who planned the reunion. Naruto smiled happily. Kakashi never treated us and this only comes once in a blue moon, he thought.
 
Naruto did most of the talking. He narrated about all the things the Team Seven loved doing together, including the rivalry between him and Sasuke. He told stories about how they loved beating each other, whether in eating meals or climbing trees (see first episodes of Naruto). Sasuke would smile a bit everytime Naruto tells funny stories, something Sakura thought it was not likely of Sasuke.
 
Sakura kept quiet. She smiled whenever Sasuke smiled, but she did not want to reminisce and tell stories about her past with Team Seven because it would all be about her feelings for Sasuke - the way he felt annoyed and irritated about her, the way he ignored her love and the way he has hurt her so much. It would all end to the time he left her all alone in the midst of sadness. And she never would want Sasuke to feel blamed all about it because it was not his sin that he never loved Sakura.
 
But she loved remembering the funny stories Naruto was telling. It was fun to remember that about two or three years ago they used to be in Ninja Academy - young and new students were eager to show the world that they all have the potential. It felt good to look back at the memories of Team Seven when they used to be united, when they survived every trial given and up to now they are standing firm and strong.
 
The Team Seven had been almost successful. Naruto is training under Jiraiya and Sakura under Tsunade - two of the most powerful ninjas in Konoha. Sasuke used to train under Orochimaru, even if he is evil but still Orochimaru is very powerful. It was good that Sasuke returned back from him, that he went back to Konoha whatever the reason was.
 
Soon after waiting and telling stories, their orders arrived. “Want a race with me to finish this ramen?” Naruto challenged Sasuke. He (Sasuke) threw back a thinking look. “I accept your offer, Uzumaki Naruto!” They started eating suddenly and quickly. Kakashi and Sakura watched them, laughing. Soon they finished their ramen. Sasuke won!
 
“Wow you beat me, Uchiha! You're great you know but next time I'll beat you!” Naruto exclaimed. He ordered for more ramen and so did Sasuke. Sakura continued eating quietly. Soon after they all finished eating.
 
“Naruto, go with me to the counter. We'll pay for the bill. It is so big, you know and I blame you for that.” Kakashi said sort of seriously. Naruto laughed. “This barely happens, Kakashi-sensei! I have to make the most out of it.” He continued laughing.
 
They soon reached the counter. When the bill was paid, Kakashi clutched Naruto in his shoulder. “Naruto, I have to ask you a favor.” Naruto paid attention with a questioning look. “A favor? What kind? As long as I can do it, sensei.” He replied, eager to know about whatever favor it is.
 
“Please do this. It will be just for this afternoon or for this day. I promise I will never ask this again but please do today.” Kakashi paused once again, seeming a little hesitant to ask the favor. “What is it?! You're exciting at the same time worrying me! Will you tell me??!!!” Naruto was losing his patience.
 
“Let Sasuke and Sakura spend some time together alone.” Kakashi finally said it. Naruto gulped at the answer, uncertain to do the favor. Kakashi knew it would not be easy for Naruto to do it but it was a bit necessary since he knew Sakura could help Sasuke remember about his past although he really knew that she was still hurt about everything that happened between the two of them. Naruto wasn't so sure of doing the favor.
 
“What kind of favor is that, Kakashi-sensei? You know that Sakura and I are already in a steady relationship. What if she doesn't like it? What if she doesn't want to spend time with Sasuke because he makes her remember all about the pain? I don't know if I can do it.” Naruto explained. He seems jealous about the thought of Sasuke and Sakura together. He knew that Sakura still had feelings for Sasuke, somehow and he was the one who would help her forget all about Sasuke.
 
“I told you if it's only for this afternoon. After that, everything will be gone. The two of them would forget that one afternoon they spend time together. Sakura loves you, Naruto and I doubt if she is unfaithful or something like that. Trust her, please. I asked this favor because Sakura is the only one who can help Sasuke remember about everything. They used to be emotionally close when you three were teammates so I guess she would really be able to help him. Please, Naruto. I only ask a favor only once.” Kakashi explained. He really wanted the favor to be done.
 
Naruto pondered for awhile. It wouldn't be bad, though. He trusted Sakura that she would keep her word - that she would never leave him and would always stay with him. Sakura loved Sasuke in her past and Naruto was the present one. Besides, he knew that Kakashi was right. “I'll do the favor if it's okay with Sakura.” He replied finally.
 
“It's okay with her. We'll just say that you have to go on a special training with me today. Actually, that's true.” Kakashi pointed out. Naruto stared at him with disbelief. “A training with you? Impossible, Kakashi-sensei. But if that's what you want, that's an honor in exchange of doing the favor you asked me.” Naruto said.
 
Naruto and Kakashi told this excuse to Sasuke and Sakura who seemed to be quiet all along. “Sasuke, please walk Sakura home. She'll just explain the directions.” Kakashi instructed. “Take care of her, Sasuke or I'll kill you if something happens to her.” Naruto said, being protective of Sakura again. Sasuke smiled. “Of course, I will. Trust me, Naruto.” Kakashi and Naruto finally left.
 
It was Sasuke and Sakura all alone in the table. Sasuke smiled and Sakura smiled back sweetly too. “Would you like to go home now, Sakura?” Sasuke asked politely. Shivers rolled up Sakura. Sasuke was going to take her home. It isn't really likely of Sasuke to be that way but she felt glad in the inside that he was learning to be more polite and more friendly.
 
“It's alright. But if you'd like to go elsewhere, I can go with you.” Sakura replied. “You would go with me? Is it really okay? Then I'd like to go to the places both of us used to hang out.” Sasuke said excitedly. Sakura smiled but felt a bit surprised that the memories of Team Seven together seemed to interest him so much. But she was glad he'd like to remember them. “Okay, I'd take you there.” Sakura finally said.
 
Sakura and Sasuke rose up from the table and went walking along the streets of Konoha. Sakura felt well inside the greatest Uchiha was walking beside her right now - only the two of them. But she felt a bit guilty too because Naruto might be looking from somewhere and she doesn't want him to feel jealous or worse, hurt - the way Sasuke did to her. But she jut wanted to enjoy his presence.
 
“Where are we going first?” Sasuke asked.
 
“We're going to the Ninja Academy playground. We used to hang out there when we were still students in the Ninja Academy. It's straight ahead.” Sakura replied, pointing to the directions. The two continued walking.
 
“Sakura? Please tell me about who I was to you. I mean, what am I to you? Was I your friend or simply a teammate?” Sasuke asked, eager to know everything. Sakura gulped at the question. You were the boy I loved all my life, but the same boy who hurt me and caused me so much pain. You left me here alone without minding my feelings. This filled Sakura's thoughts. But she simply couldn't say it. She thought well about what to answer. She couldn't tell the truth.
 
“Well… I guess I consider you my friend like Naruto is. I consider my teammates as friends too. Besides, we have been there for each other through the trials Ninja Academy has given us - especially during the chuunin exam at the Forest of Death. You have always protected me, Sasuke-kun… and I'm really thankful for that.” Sakura replied. In the Forest of Death, Sakura discovered that her true feelings for Sasuke was… Love. It was love, real and true just the same. It was not some ordinary crush like the fan girls have but it was something more intense and long-lasting than that. It was the feeling of fighting for someone else till the end.
 
“Was I really that strong? Kakashi-sensei says I am but I'm not really sure. Am I really, Sakura-chan?” Sasuke asked. Sakura smiled. “Of course, you are. You have always been, Sasuke-kun. You are my protector and whenever enemies come, you always protect me… and I'm always the one who is hidden by her own shadow… I am always the weak one.” Sakura replied sadly.
 
“I don't believe you, Sakura. I think you are strong from the way you act. You've been strong through all the trials and here you are now, standing firm. I've also heard that you are a special student training under Master Hokage, so that means you have great potential. I believe in you, Sakura.” Sasuke assured. Sakura can't believe it that it was really Sasuke who was saying these things. Sasuke believed in her finally? Impossible, she thought. But he was saying that and it strengthened her so much.
 
Finally, they reached the Ninja Academy playground. The place holds the memories of youth the Team Seven has shared together. Sasuke and Sakura both sat down on two of the swings.
 
“What's significant about the place? It seems abandoned during the afternoon, I suppose.” Sasuke said. Sakura smiled.
 
“There are a lot of memories in this place. This was where I first met you, Sasuke-kun. You used to be a lonely boy by then and you were swinging in that same swing. I was with my playmates and Ino, my best friend when I first saw you. I was already interested about getting to know you because you seem a bit mysterious yet a person worth knowing…” Sakura paused for awhile to reminisce the memories. This was where she started loving Sasuke and believing that within the mysterious person lies a searching soul who needs help.
 
Sakura narrated stories about the Ninja Academy playground. Sasuke would smile simply about her funny stories and this made her more comfortable with him. But of course, Sakura still left the part about her feelings for Sasuke.
 
“This place seems to be full of memories. I wish I could remember them. I wish I could remember everything… But I know it would take time…” Sasuke muttered. “Yes, it would take time but I am always here to help you remember.” Sakura assured. Sasuke smiled and felt glad in the inside. “Let's go to the other places.” Sakura and Sasuke left.
 
Sakura went with Sasuke to different places such as the classrooms in the Ninja Academy, the entrance of the Forest of Death, the fields of Konoha and many more. For each place, Sakura told stories about each. But of course, she left parts of the stories that are filled with hatred and other bad things. She, together with the other genins, was told to be careful about telling painful memories to Sasuke. It was the reason he has amnesia. It was really a long story, Master Tsunade said, but it was not for them to know.
 
After going to the places, Sasuke decided to take Sakura home for it was getting dark already. As they were walking along, she continued telling stories. Finally, they reached her house and stopped abruptly before the gate.
 
“It's really nice to spend time with you, Sakura-chan. I feel so blessed that you are here to help me remember and I'm thankful for all the memories you shared with me. Don't worry, I know one day I will able to remember about everything… I will remember soon about me and you… But anyway, we both have to go now. I want this to happen again. I'm glad to be with you, Sakura. Oh, it's getting dark. I'd have to go now. Take care and well, good night… I'll see you tomorrow…” Sasuke said.
 
“Oh, I'm thankful to spend time with you too, Sasuke-kun. Yes, I hope we could do this again. I just missed you a lot… Oh well, take care too. Yeah, I'd have to go inside now. It's getting dark. Good night, Sasuke-kun…” Sakura replied.
 
Sasuke waited for Sakura to wave at him and go inside. Then he went home too, but all alone. He felt so glad that he was with Sakura once again. He felt like he missed her too and he longed to be with her… But what does it mean?