Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Back to Me ❯ Forgotten ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 2: Forgotten
 
Sakura's POV
 
“Sakura, are you okay? Is everything okay?” I could hear Naruto's worried voice calling to me, while my tears are continuing to run down my cheeks. I could feel Ino's hand grab my shoulder to help me stand up.
 
“I-I'm okay. I just… I-I was just… sh-shock… and… surprised, I guess.” I mumbled and sobbed. My senses came back and I was able to stand and face Sasuke. I gazed at him carefully and couldn't believe what I was seeing. I rubbed my eyes. Am I dreaming? No, it's true. It's reality - something I have to face for real.
 
Master Tsunade and Kakashi-sensei were standing beside Sasuke and all of us genins were crowding around him. The people were gone now and there were only a few of us here.
 
“W-what happened? Why did Sasuke come back? H-how? I don't get it at all.” Lee complained and murmured. The others agreed with him. “We will explain later. As for now, Uchiha Sasuke would like to meet you all. Please assist and introduce the others, Kakashi.” Master Tsunade instructed. Naruto's eyes popped bigger.
 
“What??!! W-what do you mean??!!! I don't get it. He doesn't know us? How come? Was I that easy to forget just because I was his major opponent? Uchiha Sasuke, don't you remember my beloved teammate??!!” Naruto exclaimed. He was popping out.
 
“He has amnesia.” Master Tsunade mumbled softly that was almost a whisper. I gulped at the answer. I am so confused. My Sasuke-kun has amnesia? I don't get it. He forgot all about his friends? About me? What happened?”
 
“What happened?! Did he bang his head against a wall because he realized that he was a bad ninja after all? Then he realized that he wants to go back to Konoha once again? Or did Itachi or Orochimaru or some wicked guy brainwash him?” Temari exclaimed.
 
Master Tsunade smiled understandingly at her. “No, whatever you mentioned didn't happen to him. We will explain later, I told you. Now he has to meet you all. Please line up.” She instructed.
 
The others lined up and so did I and I chose to be last. I don't get it all. All of the people, why does Sasuke have to get amnesia? I know part of me didn't want him to remember all about me because well, our past has been something to be forgotten. I loved him so much yet he never loved me back. But part of me still wants him to remember all about me - the memories we shared together, the battles I was always the one who took care of him, everything.
 
Sasuke started going through the line. Ino was first in line. “Uh, hello Sasuke! I'm Yamanaka Ino. You can call me Ino for short. I had been your classmate in Ninja Academy and I'm your number one fan girl!!! I missed you a lot, you know. I'm glad you're back here. Welcome back to Konoha! Remember I'm your friend and I'm always here for you.”
 
Ino's greeting was grand, once again. She is being friendly and I can see from her face that she is so joyous that Sasuke is back. She gave him a short hug which made him smile a bit. Is this really Sasuke? Whenever the Sasuke-kun I know encounters a fan girl, he frowns but now, I feel like he is even happy. He changed.
 
Naruto was next after Ino. He still can't believe it that Sasuke was back. “Yo, Sasuke! Of course, you know that I'm Naruto, the greatest ninja ever. I will be the next Hokage someday so watch out for me. I am so good in my techniques and I will beat you again, I promise that. I used to be your teammate, do you remember? We used to be good friends… and good enemies, I guess. But I forgot all about being enemies and so do you. Welcome back, Uchiha Sasuke!” Naruto was being boastful but funny again. It made him smile again, which he barely does before. Who taught him to smile? Did some girl do?
 
Sasuke continued to meet the others and they all welcomed him. As he was walking and meeting them, I realized that I missed him so much. The longing in my heart came back. I gazed at his eyes and it made me remember all the pain and memories that I've been keeping and trying to forget all along. My love for Sasuke is… going back, I guess.
 
Finally, the moment came for me to meet once again the love of my life who forget about me. Sasuke faced me and we looked straight at each other's eyes. I wanted to cry again but I had to force back tears. I was suppose to welcome Sasuke and not to cry about him. I felt tongue-tied and speechless. What was I to say? I love you? I missed you so much and my heart longs for you? It would not be right. He never knew me.
 
“I-I'm… Sakura… Ha-haru… Haruno… Haruno Sakura. I-I used to be your teammate…” That was all I could say. I am so ashamed that I couldn't say what was in my heart. The other genins were looking at me and now they thought I am a coward not to say what I was really feeling.
 
Sasuke didn't smile. I wonder why. He smiled at the others but to me, he didn't. Maybe he really hated me after all. “Sakura… Sakura? I'm glad to meet you… once again…” Sasuke mumbled softly. He tried to smile a bit. Sasuke was glad to meet me? I can't believe it. He reached out his hand to me.
 
I took his hand and shook it. I smiled with tears in my eyes. To hold Sasuke's hand was one of my greatest dreams about him. “Y-you're crying?” He mumbled. He cared, didn't he?
 
“Oh? Uh, it's nothing. I was just… glad to see you again… I'm glad that you're here. You're back, Sasuke and we're really happy. I-I missed you…..” I mumbled away.
 
“I hope I can remember about all of you. Please help me. I want to start my life all over again. I know my past life has not been good. I want to forget all the sorrows and grief and live my life in the present.” Sasuke said. His words shot my heart like an arrow. Was I part of the `sorrows and grief' he was talking about? I don't know why I feel like I was always the one hurt whenever I talk about Sasuke. I think it was because I loved him so much and made myself believe that we wouldn't have any hope. And we aren't really meant for each other.
 
“We will be glad to help you, Sasuke. We are your friends and we are all here for you.” Neji said. Everyone nodded and agreed with Neji. “Yes, let's be friends now Sasuke. I will forgive you for all that you did to me. Let's forget our rivalry… as for now.” Naruto said. Meanwhile, Gaara approached Sasuke and held out his hand and they shook hands. I think it means that Gaara is forgetting about his battle with Sasuke a long time ago. We all wanted to welcome him.
 
After more messages, Sasuke left with Master Tsunade and Kakashi-sensei. As he was leaving, I also realized that I felt like I wanted him by my side and I wished that he would never leave me here all alone. But I know I couldn't speak out my feelings. Naruto would be hurt and I already chose him. It's the thing I always have to keep in mind.
 
Naruto joined me as we were going to our first class. I was still wiping my tears, which just stopped abruptly flowing from my eyes. He glanced at me worriedly. “Stop crying now, Saku-chan. Please… I don't want to see you cry anymore.” He muttered softly, wiping my tears with his gentle hands. I feel so comforted. “It's okay, Naruto.” I replied.
 
“Sakura-chan… I just want to know… Is everything back?” He asked. I forced out a small laugh. “What are you talking about? What does `everything' mean?” I asked, pretending not to know. I don't really want to talk about it.
 
“Saku-chan… Please don't pretend. Your love for Sasuke is back, isn't it?” He asked. I gulped at his question, and looked away. I do not want to answer it. I do not want to hurt Naruto and pain my heart once again. I do not want to be hurt because of Sasuke, once again.
 
“Naruto… We just talked about this on the way to school, didn't we? I kept telling you for so many times that I am trying to forget all about him and I don't love him anymore. My feelings won't change even up to now.” I assured. I don't know if it was exactly a lie. That's what I wanted to achieve but that's not what my heart desires.
 
“I hope it doesn't change… Because I love you, Sakura. I really do and I don't want you to leave me. It's a long time I waited for me to have you and I don't want to lose you, Saku-chan… Please stay with me…” Naruto pleaded. I smiled at him with understanding.
 
“I won't leave you, Naruto-kun. You're the one I chose, remember? I'm happy here with you and I won't ask for anything more. You are always there for me and you helped me cope up after the love tragedy I experienced. You helped me forget about my sorrows and be a better ninja.” I reassured, once again. I gave him a tight hug to make him feel comforted and he hugged me back. It was so soothing to be in his arms. I just wished Naruto was really the one I loved…
 
-end of Sakura's POV-