Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Back to Me ❯ Kakashi's Announcement ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 5: Kakashi's Announcement
 
“That was the truth behind it.” Sakura finished. Days have passed since Sasuke's first day in Konoha Ninja High School and Sakura was explaining one morning at the study hall about the truth behind Sasuke's amnesia. She was explaining it whoever among the genins were present and of course Sasuke wasn't there since he have gone someplace with Ino.
 
The study hall was where most of them meet during the morning while waiting for the bell ring and they had to go to their classrooms. This was where group meetings and even courtship has taken place.
 
“You mean… Orochimaru is already dead? That means the deadliest enemy of Konoha is long gone? Wow, that is such great news!” Lee cheered. Everyone in Konoha knew that Orochimaru has been the worst enemy in history. He has killed so many innocent people or if not, he taught revenge to his disciples. Finally, his evilness is long gone.
 
“Why hadn't this news broken up so early? My dreams of killing that evil Orochimaru has just died!” Naruto exclaimed. The truth is, Naruto really wanted to kill Orochimaru himself for it was an honor to defeat an enemy like him. But he wasn't able to, since the sounins did it for him.
 
“Finally, he's dead… Konoha will be in peace again…” Tenten mumbled softly with contentment. “But we must still be careful. Itachi is still alive and from somewhere, he might still be seeking revenge and looking out for Sasuke. If he murdered his whole clan, then he might kill Sasuke too and we must protect our fellow genin.” Neji said.
 
“Even if Sasuke betrayed Konoha, must we still protect him? I don't know, okay…” Temari said. The three Sound ninjas were still convinced that Sasuke was still an enemy after what he did to Konoha. They obviously believed in faithfulness and loyalty to country and it seems that it is the ruling law in their country.
 
“Of course we must! He's still a citizen of Konoha. He is part of us. We must accept him still!” Ino said. Once again, Ino was being defensive. “He is already rewarded a punishment for the betrayal he did. Let us forgive him.” Gaara said slowly and seriously.
 
Kankuro and Temari glared at him stunningly. “Gaara? You're forgiving Uchiha Sasuke? I don't believe you. What's the reason?” Kankuro asked. They were both puzzled about what Gaara just said because he was not a forgiving person.
 
“No other reason. He's a fellow ninja, right? That's all. I already said he's already rewarded a punishment he would suffer for life.” Gaara replied. Was Gaara happy that Sasuke had amnesia? What is the real reason? These thoughts filled Sakura's mind.
 
Everyone had known from the start that Gaara considered Sasuke a mortal enemy since they had been opponents during the final matches of the chuunin exam. Not only that, but Gaara felt that Sasuke surpasses his power. But that was before Gaara battled with Naruto. But still, Gaara's heart was still filled with hatred for Sasuke. No one knew why.
 
Soon Sasuke arrived at the study hall. It has been his routine too to go to the study hall every morning. He was with Ino again and for days, they have been going together. Everyone glanced at Neji to see his reaction. Again, he looked down and disappointed but he never confronted Ino because like Naruto and Sakura were saying, he must learn to understand her because she was just carried away.
 
Neji stood up and went to class away without minding the others. The others followed. Naruto held Sakura's hand tightly.
 
-in the class of Hatake Kakashi-
 
“I have to make an important announcement.” Kakashi announced formally. A year after Sasuke left, Kakashi decided to teach at Konoha Ninja High School since he thought it was interesting to still see his former students and besides, he felt tired to be a sensei of Ninja Academy students.
 
Kakashi's class had been interesting enough. He taught Values class - a subject dealing about proper behavior, feelings and emotions. Lately, he'd been talking about love so much and many of his students knew why - not only was he reading too much Icha Icha Paradise, but also because he was seriously courting Miss Kurenai and dreaming of asking her to marry him. The students are enjoying it, since they too can relate to it.
 
Everyone in the room, the fifteen genins, paid attention to what Kakashi was to announce. Whenever he speaks formally, it was something interesting like once when he announced the field trip of the ninjas to some mountains in Bird Country or something. But this time, it looks so different.
 
“I am glad to announce that our Master Hokage has arranged a trip to Peach Island. It's in the west of Konoha. We are all going there for special lessons and trainings. It is sort of an early field trip since Master Tsunade thinks it's better if you ninjas are prepared for any attack. We will be leaving by five days.” Kakashi explained.
 
Everyone cheered. Lee, Naruto, Chouji and Kiba jumped up and down. “It is so exciting! I'd love to discover about Peach Island!!!” Lee exclaimed excitedly. The four gave high fives to each other. “How troublesome.” Shikamaru mumbled as always, but this time annoyed with the noisiness of the four.
 
“How do we get there, Kakashi-sensei?” Temari threw the question. Kakashi thought for awhile and smiled. “You get there through a yacht or a ship, I still have to confirm it.” He replied. Sakura raised her hand next and was called.
 
“How many days will it take to go there? And also, how many days are we going to stay there?” Sakura asked curiously. She had always wanted to prepare for trips and she wanted to always be ready.
 
“It will take about three days to go there and four or five days to stay in Peach Island. I have to confirm the details from Master Tsunade this afternoon. Nothing is final, but I will make sure that everything will be confirmed by tomorrow.” Kakashi answered officially.
 
“Will I be able to go?” Sasuke asked amidst the talking and chatting of the ninjas. Everyone fell silent. They all knew the truth behind his amnesia and they also knew that he was still under medication and treatment. Kakashi fell silent and studied Sasuke for awhile.
 
“Please let him go, I beg of you sir. The group wouldn't be complete without him.” Ino pleaded. Again, it was Ino's attitude. “Yes, Sasuke will be able to go. He must, I suppose. Don't you worry, Ino. I know you can't live without him.” Kakashi replied in a somewhat teasing manner.
 
The thought struck Sakura. Maybe Kakashi's last statement would be meant for her. She couldn't live without Sasuke. No matter how she kept it, she knew the truth. She couldn't afford to be away from Sasuke and she always longed to see him every moment of the day, ever since he came back. But then, she knew he will always be with her… even if he didn't love her… and would never do…
 
Kakashi's class ended after more questions and the next class soon started.
 
-after class-
 
“I suggest that we have a sleepover party the night before we leave to Peach Island! It is for us to go to the pier together so no one would be late.” Ino suggested. It was really a good suggestion, since everyone knew that a lot would really be late namely Naruto and more of his own kind.
 
“Yeah, that's a good suggestion.” Neji agreed, trying to please his girlfriend but she seemed ignorant about his support. “It would not be too troublesome.” Shikamaru added, using the same phrase once again.
 
“That's great! But where can we hold the party? We must also make sure that everyone could come.” Tenten said. “We offer our house.” Kankuro suggested. Everyone brightened up. The Sound House, or the house of the three Sound ninjas were the place everyone met whenever there are group meetings or when they have to do some projects together. It was a large house but was only occupied by the three of them. It was a good thing they were mature and grown-up to manage the house as well as their houses instead.
 
“Yeah! That would be great. Can everybody go now?” Kiba asked the group. They all nodded. No one seemed to dislike the offer. Soon after, everyone started leaving.
 
“Sakura-chan… I have a training session with Master Jiraiya today. I hope you can understand… Maybe I can ask Sasuke to walk you home.” Naruto said. After realizing that it was okay, Naruto finally trusted Sasuke to accompany Sakura home whenever he had special trainings. He believed in what Sakura said that he would never leave him even if Sasuke is back.
 
But Sakura declined. “No thanks, Naruto-kun… I can walk home alone today. Besides, I think Sasuke would be joining Ino home.” Sakura said but with a tint of pain and jealousy. “No, I insist. I feel that you are safe whenever Sasuke walks you home. I don't want you to be in danger. Please… Saku-chan?” Naruto pleaded at the same time demanded.
 
Sakura frowned but smiled at the same time. She held his hands and leaned forward to kiss Naruto on his forehead. “Okay, Naruto-kun… If that's what you want…” Sakura mumbled sweetly. Naruto smiled and went to talk to Sasuke who was at the moment talking to Ino.
 
Sakura watched as Naruto and Sasuke were talking. The two men of my life, she thought. Ino went away for some moments. Naruto and Sasuke went back to Sakura. “Please take care of her for me, Sasuke. If she gets hurt or if she cries because of you, you will experience the greatest and most powerful Rasengan ever.” Naruto threatened but in a funny way.
 
“Yes, sir. I will certainly take care of her. I will give you the right to do that if ever I'll allow her to be hurt. I promise that.” Sasuke assured. Naruto shook hands with Sasuke and kissed Sakura on the cheek. Then he went walking away. Sakura and Sasuke were the only ones left in the school grounds in the windy afternoon. “Let's go, Sakura-chan?” Sasuke offered. Sakura nodded and they started walking along.
 
“Naruto really loves you, doesn't he?” Sasuke asked with a smile. Sakura gave him a questioning look. “Yeah, he does. He has proven that to me a million times. Why'd you ask?” Sakura asked. “Well, it is obvious that he is so in loved with you. He is lucky to have you, I guess.” Sasuke said, still smiling.
 
“How'd you say that he was lucky to have me? I even think that I am such a pain to him because whenever I'm hurt or needed help, I always had to bother him. I'm just a burden, Sasuke-kun.” Sakura replied, frowning. “If you were the one who needed help, it is not a burden for you are a nice girl, Saku-chan. You really are and no wonder you're the one Naruto likes.” “Well, I'm glad that he likes me.”
 
Silence followed as they walked and wandered along the streets. It was still a windy afternoon and the merchants along Konoha were busy selling goods. “Sakura… Do you think Ino likes me?” Sasuke asked all of a sudden, breaking the silence. Sakura swallowed at the question. Why was he asking this? Was it because he likes her and he wants to find out if he has some hope in her heart? But well, why am I jealous? These questions suddenly popped in her mind.
 
“Why do you ask?” Sakura asked bravely. It was unusual for her to ask that question. Sasuke just shrugged. “Maybe because I think she cares for me too much. I mean, she always offers me to do this and that and she's a good company. She's nice, Sakura.” Sasuke replied.
 
He likes her! He likes her! The phrase rang back Sakura's mind but with a tingle of hurt in her heart. It was the same feeling once again. “Oh… well I'm not so sure… We've been busy these days because of all the extra work in school that we don't have that much time to talk about it…” Sakura said as an excuse.
 
Of course, it was partially a lie. Ino had always talked about Sasuke ever since he came back and Sakura didn't know why she wanted to cover up for it. “Do you like her?” Sakura asked courageously once again. She was afraid to ask those honest questions but more afraid for the honest answer.
 
“As a friend, I do. Ino is nice and she's really a good friend. But more than that? Not really. But who was Ino in my past? Was she really a friend? More than that?” Sasuke asked. Here he is again, wanting to know about his past, Sakura thought.
 
“Ino's a friend and classmate. The truth is, she's a fan girl of yours. She likes you way back in Ninja Academy. I'm not just so sure if up to know, her feelings hasn't changed.” Sakura explained. Why does she really have to keep Sasuke from knowing the truth? Why is she affected? Does she still love him, anyway?
 
“Oh…” Sasuke mumbled. He didn't say anything more about Ino. But the more Sakura thinks of it, the more she believes that Sasuke likes Ino too and she knew she shouldn't be hurt about it. Neji would be hurt but she shouldn't. She has no right.
 
Finally, after moments of silence, they reached Sakura's house. It was like the third or fourth time that Sasuke took her home and they had the casual goodbye. Sasuke always said that he always had a nice time with Sakura and she says the same things too. They seemed to be enjoying time together. Their hearts seem to get along together.