Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Back to Me ❯ Sleepover Party ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 6: Sleepover Party
 
“Kiba, Shino, Gaara, Kankuro and I will be the ones to get the food. We'll follow soon. The rest of you guys please take care of the girls.” Lee instructed. He was being such a leader once again.
 
The day of the Sleepover Party came and it was after class, when everyone was headed to the Sound house. They all went together, bringing their bags along.
 
“You know what, Naruto-kun? I'm so excited about the trip! It just feels so thrilling to ride a ship or yacht for three days and have a vacation on some nice island out there. It's a great opportunity!” Sakura commented, as they were walking along.
 
“Yeah, I agree with you Saku-chan. I'm so excited too even though we all know that it isn't completely a vacation since it's training, you know. But we can all make fun out of it!” Naruto cheered with a good spirit.
 
Ino was still clinging to Sasuke up to now. He didn't show any sign of irritability or annoyance about her attitude. Maybe he thought she was just being so nice. But on the other hand, Neji felt so hurt. Tenten took the chance to comfort him since of course, performing the role of a helpful best friend.
 
“I don't feel like this will be a good night.” Neji commented in a serious way. Tenten sighed. “Don't think that way, Neji-san... Everything will be alright. A sleepover party is supposed to be fun, isn't it?” Tenten answered, trying to cheer up her best friend. “Yeah, don't think much about it, cousin. Have fun tonight, please…” Hinata muttered softly.
 
Finally, they arrived at the Sound house. It was a simple and medium-sized house, but too big for only three people to stay. Temari lead the group and turned on the lights. They sat on the floor, before the table.
 
“Welcome to our small house, once again I guess? No, I must welcome Sasuke. Maybe he no longer remembers this house. Anyway Sasuke, this is where Gaara, Kankuro and I live. I hope you all feel welcome her. Now you can settle your things inside the rooms. All girls will stay in my room and the boys will stay in Gaara's and Kankuro's rooms.” Temari explained in an official-like way, her usual tone whenever she takes over.
 
Temari has always been known a man-hater even if she lives with her two brothers. She always had the thought that they were all idiots and she had no interest in them. Even Sasuke, the greatest most handsome Uchiha, wasn't able to capture her heart. That is the reason why she wouldn't want girls to join with boys in one room. No one knows why she is like that.
 
Tenten, Sakura, Hinata and Ino followed Temari to her room. It was the largest room in the house but yet it was a very simple one. There were no posters or pictures nor any girly stuff found. It was just a simple room which contained a bed with clean white sheets, a lamp, a table and a chair. There was also a small drawer where she keeps some of her clothes.
 
“Gee, you really have a plain and simple room.” Ino remarked as soon as she has settled all her baggage. It was really different from Ino's room, which was filled with all sorts of posters and pictures of Uchiha Sasuke.
 
“Sorry, I'm just a simple person. Besides, I'm contented with my room this way.” Temari reasoned out. “It's nice, Temari. I can relate to your kind of room.” Hinata said who had a nearly similar room to Temari's. Sometimes rooms can really tell what a person's personality is.
 
After waiting for a few moments, the five guys who bought the food finally arrived. They all gathered around the table. Sakura, Hinata and Temari assisted in arranging and serving the food. It was all pizza and sodas, the usual sleepover party food. They soon started eating after everyone had a share of the food.
 
“Wow! The pizza does taste really nice!” Naruto commented. “I agree with you, Naruto! It's so delicious.” Chouji agreed. “Oh you people, all types of food seems always delicious to you!” Tenten teased. They all broke out in laughter.
 
“Hey, guys. What game could we play before we go to sleep tonight? You know, sleepover parties wouldn't be complete without games.” Lee reminded. Oh, he was a sleepover party expert!
 
They all started thinking about different games. “How about Truth or Dare? It's very exciting, you know!” Kiba suggested. “How troublesome. I am always the loser in that game.” Shikamaru murmured. They all chuckled.
 
“That game would be fun! Let's play that!” Ino agreed. They all agreed to play that game - an only one, since they have to sleep early for the ship was leaving early too the next morning.
After finishing their food, they all helped each other clean up the mess. Then they all gathered in Kankuro's bedroom - all fifteen of them. Good thing, it was large enough to contain them all. Lee raised up a bottle and put it on the floor. Everyone formed a circle around it. Ino spun it first, and it pointed to… Sakura! Everyone cheered.
 
“Truth or Dare?” Ino called out. Sakura thought for a while, giggling. “Dare!” she yelled back. “Okay, I'll give the dare. Dance a slow dance with Naruto!” Sakura glanced at Naruto and they both blushed and giggled. But without hesitation, they both did the dare. Everyone was laughing and giggling but the two were enjoying it. Sakura felt comfortable with it, though. After they did the dare, the bottle was spun again and pointed to Tenten! They all cheered once again.
 
“Okay, I thought of a question for you. If you would be given a chance to dance with a boy, who would that boy be?” Lee asked curiously. Tenten smiled and gave her a questioning look. “I-I don't know… I don't know who I'd like to dance with… I mean… I don't like anyone else…” Tenten muttered, shrugging and giggling.
 
“No really, Tenten… We'd like to know! We never knew any of your love interests… Come on, Tenten…” Ino pleaded and insisted. Tenten keep shaking her head. “Okay, let's clear it out. It isn't really a love interest, but it's just like who you think is a good dancer. I mean, just think about that. Who has nearly the same height as yours? Look for a potential, Tenten.” Temari explained, helping her friend out.
 
Of course, Tenten couldn't say that it was Neji. It would be too embarrassing and Neji might stay away from her once he knows that his longtime best friend has different feelings toward him. She doesn't know what to say, although her heart wants to shout his name aloud. “Tenten couldn't think of any…! What if we simply suggest whoever that guy is and she'll do a dare and dance with whoever that guy is?” Kiba suggested. They all nodded and agreed with it. “Now who do you think it is?”
 
Sakura was already smiling. She wanted to say it's Neji, but of course she can't betray her friend and since Sakura was the only one who knew about Tenten's feelings. But Lee did the blurting out for her. “Neji! He's the perfect one for Tenten!” Lee cheered. Neji suddenly paid attention, who was still and quiet and thinking about his situation with Ino.
 
“Er-what… me?! I-I don't know…” Neji muttered, but glancing at Ino to see her reaction. But he was disappointed to see that she wasn't affected but was still obsessed with the thought of Sasuke beside her. Tenten was getting redder and redder, and everyone was cheering them. Tenten glanced and shrugged at Neji. She felt so unsure, but she stood up and face the boy of her dreams. They looked at each other.
 
Neji smiled in this shy manner, something that made Tenten's heart skipped a bit. “I… Is it alright with you?” Tenten asked unsurely and nervously. Her heart was beating faster and faster. Neji shrugged and said, “I-I don't know… It's just a game, isn't it? Just for once, Tenten… and we are best friends, aren't we?” They both smiled. Yeah we're best friends and this is all a game and I hope this moment doesn't end, Tenten thought deeply.
 
Neji and Tenten started dancing. She couldn't look straight at his eyes and she felt like her knees were getting weaker and weaker. But Neji was simply looking at her, and at the same time making fun of himself. Soon the moment ended and Tenten sat beside Sakura, breathing and sighing deeply.
 
“Wow, how's the moment?” Sakura whispered in a teasing manner. Tenten forced out a small laugh. “I-it's… so sweet… I hope… it just didn't end.” Tenten whispered back, smiling. “One day will come when the moment would never end and you can dance with him as long as you want… I am sure of that.” “I hope so, Sakura. I really hope so.”
 
The game continued as they were all having fun. Soon it ended when they all noticed the time. Most of the boys went to sleep but the girls kept chatting in Temari's room. But Tenten was outside, sitting on the porch of the Sound house and gazing at the stars. She still felt joyful that even for a few minutes, she was able to dance with the boy she has loved all her life.
 
And that boy followed her outside. Tenten was surprised that Neji was outside, since she knew that he always had discipline for sleeping early. “Uh, Neji-san… Why are you here? It's getting late now and I thought you are so disciplined about getting enough sleep… Is something the matter?” Tenten asked curiously and worriedly.
 
Neji smiled and sat down beside Tenten. It was only the two of them. This is so romantic, Tenten thought. “I don't know… I just can't sleep…” He mumbled away. “It's because of Ino once again, isn't it?” Tenten asked so sadly. She felt hurt that Neji loved Ino and not her, but she was more hurt that Ino was hurting him.
 
Neji shrugged. “I guess so… I can't put it off my mind. It just bothers me so much. She hasn't talked to me these days ever since Sasuke came back, except of course during group works in school. Tenten… what am I going to do? I don't know… I'm so confused…” Neji said. Here we are again, another comforting session, Tenten thought.
 
“Talk to her… That's the best advice I can give. You better confront her now, before the pain is filled up inside. It's better that she knows how you are feeling.” Tenten advised shortly. Why do you have to love her? Why cannot it be me? Tenten repeated these questions all over again. Neji was thinking and pondering about Tenten's advice.
 
“I'll consider your advice, Tenten-chan. Thanks, anyway. I'm sorry if I had to burden you again with my problem. But I'm glad you're always here to help me. You're really my best friend.” Neji said. Tenten simply smiled, but the words shot through her heart. Best Friend, why do you always have to call me that way???
 
Tenten and Neji stayed quiet after a few moments until Neji broke the silence. “You know, Tenten…? I have a question… I don't know… It's just that when we danced awhile ago at the game… y-you're heart was beating faster than usual. Can I ask why? It's so unusual. I know if you are nervous, Tenten-chan.” Neji said, the smile not leaving his face.
 
Oh my gosh! He felt that? Were we really that close? I hope he doesn't find out about my feelings. “Oh yeah, that? I'm nervous? Well… I-I don't know… Maybe I'm just embarrassed about the dare…” Tenten muttered, hoping that the excuse would work. And yeah, it worked out.
 
“Oh… But really, Tenten. Who is the boy you like? I'm your best friend and of course, you can trust me. Our friendship has lasted for so long yet I haven't known a single love interest of yours. Yeah, I knew about Sasuke but every girl seems to be infatuated with him… But really, who is the true guy you have ever loved?” Neji asked curiously.
 
Another oh-my-gosh! He is asking me! It's you, Neji! Are you blind???!!!! Tenten wanted to scream right then and there. She doesn't know what to say. She had to keep it from him no matter what happens. And she was going to keep it in her heart forever.
 
“It's no one, Neji-san! I haven't found the boy yet… But I'm going to tell you when I finally found him.” Tenten assured. Neji chuckled. “Oh, Tenten-chan! I really hope you do tell me. I was always the one who is confiding in you but now it's your turn! I want to help you with whatever I can especially about giving advices even if I'm not really good at that!” Neji said. They fell silent once again.
 
“But you know what, Tenten-chan? Whoever the boy you will love will be really blessed for having you. You know why? Because you're really nice, Tenten. You're everything a boy would want. You're a good friend and always there to help, and you're someone anyone can relate to.” Neji remarked. Tenten blushed so hard. “Me? I'm nice? But I always tease you, Neji-san…” Tenten replied.
 
“No, Tenten-chan… You're very kind… You are always there in times of needs… And I thank you so much…” Neji said. And if you were the one I loved, I'd be the happiest person in the world, he thought.