Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Back to Me ❯ The First-Day-at-the-Ship Incident ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 7: The First-Day-at-the-Ship Incident
 
Everyone rose up early and ate breakfast quickly the next morning. Unusually, Naruto wasn't late and he seemed very excited about it. Besides, Sakura has already taught him how to discipline himself. They all prepared their bags and started walking along to the pier.
 
“Let me carry your bags for you.” Naruto offered Sakura. He was being such a gentleman once again. They all giggled at their sweetness for each other. Sakura grinned and blushed. “No, I can carry these myself. Thanks, anyway.” Sakura replied. “No I insist. I'd really like to help you.” Naruto demanded. Sakura couldn't say anything about his kindness that she let him carry her bag.
 
At last, they arrived at the pier. There were a lot of boats, ships and yachts but theirs were the most noticeable one since it was the largest and some of the ninjas were already waving at them. They all waved back.
 
Master Tsunade was also there together with Kakashi, Kurenai, Anko and Asuma and other ninjas in the background. “Come hurry up! We must be leaving soon!” Tsunade announced. Everyone hurried and climbed up to the ship.
 
Tsunade took over once everyone has settled in the ship, which started moving. Everyone gathered around her. “Welcome to the official ship of the Hokage.” She welcomed. Everyone clapped. Oh the Hokage has her own ship? Very nice. I'll get one some day, Naruto thought.
 
“I must announce the important details everyone has to know. First of all, the genins are going to stay on the first and second floor. There are rooms provided but there has to be two people staying per room. The girls will stay on the first floor, together with half of the boys.” Tsunade explained. Murmurs started.
 
“Half of the boys will stay on the second floor, together with the teachers and jounins. I will be staying on the third and last floor. For the genins, please decide for yourselves who are going to stay with whom. Please settle your things in your rooms. The estimated time for the travel is two and a half days. We will have lunch together later at twelve o'clock. See you all and if you have questions, please approach any of the jounins.” Tsunade finished, being so official once again.
 
“Let's go, Sakura! Is it okay if I stay with you?” Ino asked eagerly. Sakura agreed and both of them went to choose their room in the first floor. “So that leaves Temari, you and me in one room. That's fine.” Tenten told Hinata. The three girls followed.
 
The ten boys were left deciding for themselves. It was a bit hard since the competition and rivalry between them were more intense. They can't decide well on who would stay with whom.
 
“I have a suggestion. I'll be the one to make the arrangements and you just object if you'd like to.” Lee suggested. They all agreed since they had no choice and it was really hard.
 
Lee ended up doing the arrangements. Sasuke and Naruto ended up being roommates. So much for Team Seven members. They soon went to their rooms.
 
-at Ino's and Sakura's room-
 
“Wow! This is a nice room. It feels so cozy and comfortable.” Sakura remarked as she laid down her things on the floor beside one of the beds. There were two beds, which both have clean sheets like the ones on Temari's room.
 
“It is plain and simple, just like Temari's room. But I agree, it is soooo cozy… I love it in here. And the view's so nice.” Ino commented, as she looked through the big window. There was really a huge glass window where the view of the vast oceans could be seen. “Good thing, we chose this room.” Sakura added, settling her things down. Ino lied down on the bed and stretched. “Oooh… this is so nice…” Ino muttered away. Soon she also started arranging her things.
 
A knock was soon heard on their door. Ino answered here. “Oh, Sakura. Come here. It's your loving boyfriend.” Ino teased, chuckling. Sakura just grinned, and approached Naruto. “Hey, Naruto-kun! How'd you like your room?” Sakura greeted. “Oh, it's really nice. I share it with Sasuke.” Naruto said, trying to find out if Sakura would have any interest about it. But instead, Ino was the one who brightened up upon hearing the name.
 
“Really? That's great! Tell him I'd see him later as soon as I've finished settling down my things.” Ino said excitedly. Naruto and Sakura sighed at her attitude. “Okay, okay. I'll tell him.” Naruto said. Ino gave him a thumbs-up sigh.
 
“So, uh… Sakura-chan? How about if we tour the whole ship? It would be nice, you know since it's really sort of big and who knows what we could be finding out soon. Well, that is… if it's okay with you.” Naruto invited. Sakura brightened up at the thought. “Of course, that would be nice Naruto-kun! Let's go now!” Sakura exclaimed. She grabbed Naruto's hand, shut the door and off they went journeying along the ship.
 
Sakura and Naruto were walking so slowly hand in hand as if they were in some park. They both showed interest about the ship especially when Naruto found the restaurant located on the first floor. “Do you think they serve ramen here?” Naruto asked curiously, the thought of the delicious food making him hungry. Sakura laughed and said, “Maybe. You're never tired of eating ramen, Naruto-kun!”
 
They continued walking and climbed up to the third floor. It was the top floor and everything could be seen from there. The view was so lovely and the wind was so cold, blowing so hard. “Naruto-kun, this is so nice, isn't it?” Sakura commented. “Yes it is!” Naruto replied, as they both leaned against the railing.
A pair was also admiring the good view and when the two got a closer look, it was Neji and Tenten. Sakura smiled admiringly. “Hey what are you two doing here?” Naruto exclaimed. He was surprised to see them together since he knew that Neji loves Ino yet he is joining Tenten all of a sudden.
 
“Just like what you two are doing in here. The top floor's a nice spot, you know.” Neji replied, not shifting his look from the oceans. Tenten just nodded and hid a smile. She was blushing. “Tenten…” Sakura began, but could not say anything. She was so happy for her friend yet she knew nothing was really going on between them and Neji just needed comfort.
 
“What is it?” Tenten asked. “Oh uh, nothing… I just thought you two are having a good time, aren't you?” Sakura said. Tenten shrugged but returned Sakura a big wide smile. They all returned gazing at the deep blue waters surrounding them.
 
After a few moments, Sasuke and Ino arrived at the top floor. They all greeted the two except for Neji, who simply stayed quiet and was still so affected. “It's so pleasant in here. Don't you think so, Sasuke-kun?” Ino remarked. “Well yeah, it really is. It soothes me, though.” Sasuke said. They both enjoy the breeze brushing against their faces. Everyone was doing the same too.
 
But the next events took place all of sudden. Neji's eyes suddenly turned into his Byakugan eyes. He frowned so deeply and angrily and he suddenly run to Sasuke, pushed him and slapped him on the face. Sasuke fell to the ground, blood drawing from his cheeks. Ino felt so shocked, and so were the others who witnessed it.
 
Ino came to Sasuke's rescue and Tenten did to Neji. Sasuke was in pain. Sakura couldn't speak.
 
“Do you know who that girl you've been spending all this time? She is my girlfriend! We are deeply in loved with each other and you came to take her away. What kind of person are you?” Neji yelled. He could barely contain himself anymore. “I'm so s-sorry… I didn't know… I-Ino n-never told me…” Sasuke muttered hurtfully. Suddenly everything came back to Ino. How could she forget about Neji? How?!
 
Neji focused his angry look on Ino. “Ino?! You never let Uchiha Sasuke know that you and I already have a steady relationship? How could you forget, Ino? How could you forget all the memories we shared together? You said yes to me, right? Now I hope you remember that!” Neji exclaimed furiously.
 
Ino's eyes were starting to swell with tears. “I-I have to explain, Neji-san… I-I have to… I'm really sorry…” Ino sobbed. Neji shook his head. “How can you do this to me?!” Neji yelled, and walked away. “Wait, Neji!” Tenten cried, following him.
 
Master Tsunade went out of her room at the top floor and rushed to the site of chaos. “What happened here?” She asked angrily but calmly. “We will explain, Master Tsunade. But first, let us treat Sasuke's wound.” Sakura said. Tsunade nodded and told them to follow her to her room. Naruto assisted Sasuke while Ino was buried in Sakura's shoulder. Sakura hugged her tightly. They arrived at the Hokage's room and Naruto settled Sasuke down.
 
“Sakura, you can heal Sasuke, can't you?” Tsunade asked. Sakura felt a bit surprised. “Huh? Me? I-I don't know… I'm not sure…” She muttered softly, unsure about herself. “Come on, Sakura. I've already taught you how to do that. But wait let me see this wound. Something looks unusual.” Tsunade said. She examined Sasuke's wound.
 
“Yes, something is unusual. Who hit him? It looks like some chakra has been used. The damage is not severe but it's not that simple to heal this kind.” Tsunade said. “Neji hit him. Oh yeah! Probably he used his Dyuuken. He used Byakugan awhile ago!” Naruto suggested loudly. “Dyuuken? Byakugan? He seems really angry. Explain to me later, please. Enlighten me. I don't get any of it. But now Sakura, you heal him. I'll look for some medication.” Tsunade said, starting to rummage through her bag.
 
Sakura couldn't say anything. She allowed and concentrated her chakra into her right hand. When the concentration was enough, she pressed her hand gently against Sasuke's cheek. She felt the tenderness of his cheeks, something she longed to touch for so long. And now she touched him, but only because she had to heal him. As soon as Tsunade came back, Sakura finished closing Sasuke's wound with her chakra.
 
“You take this pill tonight right after dinner. Sakura? Did you do a good work? Let me examine it.” Tsunade said, handing the pill to Sasuke. She then examined his cheek and nodded. “Very good. You're learning much, Sakura. Now explain to me the details of the incident.” Tsunade instructed.
 
Sakura glanced at each of her friends that were with her. Ino has stopped crying a little, but there were still tears in her eyes. Sasuke showed no emotion in his face and Naruto was expecting her to say the right things. Sakura started explaining slowly and clearly as they all listened to her. She ended the whole story soon.
 
“Is that it? I don't know why love is so powerful…” Tsunade commented and sighed. Ino didn't stop crying and Sakura comforted her. Sasuke studied his palms deeply. “Ino… let me ask you one question. Do you still love Neji?” Tsunade asked solemnly.
 
Ino pondered for awhile. What were her true feelings? Why did she do that to Neji? Did she love him truly? “I-I don't know… I'm so confused… I knew before Sasuke came back, my heart only longs for Neji. But when he came back, I identified my true feelings for Sasuke-kun… Everyone knew I loved him since the very start. Now I really don't know…” Ino said, still crying.
 
“Think about it please, Ino. I know I'm no love counselor but it will help if you know about your true feelings. If you're sure about how you feel, let Neji know and explain to him everything. As for now, please try not to talk to him. Let his anger pass for awhile.” Tsunade explained. Ino nodded and they all went out of the room.
 
-at Tenten's room (which she was sharing with Temari and Hinata)-
 
“I know I shouldn't have done that.” Those were Neji's first words when he and Tenten reached her room. The two of them were all alone there since the two other girls were away, exploring the ship.
 
“Oh, Neji… I understand… But yeah, you're right. You shouldn't have done that. But I really understand how you feel.” Tenten comforted. “I just can't contain myself anymore. I mean, my anger just exploded right then and there. I can't hold on anymore. What Ino is doing to me was too much to bear.” Neji said problematically.
 
“But it's good that you released all your painful feelings out… Only of course, it wasn't right. I think you must apologize to both of them.” Tenten advised. “Yeah, I must and I will. But Ino and I have a lot to talk about.” Neji answered. They both fell silent.
 
“Neji… I have a question to ask…” Tenten mumbled shyly. Neji paid attention to her. She gazed at her so tenderly. “Are you going to end everything between you and Ino?” The question shot through Neji's heart. Yeah, he was hurt but does that mean the end of them? He wouldn't keep to himself that he still loved her, but they couldn't go that way forever.
 
“I-I don't know… It's up to her. You know Tenten, I still love her. But of course, if she doesn't want anymore, I wouldn't want to suffer all my life for her. I'd have to move on too.” Neji said sadly. “Why'd you ask that?”
 
“I just wanted to know, Neji…” Tenten said. I just wanted to know if I still have a chance to have a place in your heart, she added to her thoughts.
 
-after explaining to Master Tsunade about what really happened-
 
Sakura accompanied Ino to her room and so did Naruto to Sasuke. Naruto went to Kakashi since he was told that the sensei would be telling him additional information and other ninja stuff. It was a privilege for Naruto to be taught by the greatest copy ninja, since before Kakashi didn't have really any interest about him. Besides, it was still in exchange for doing the favor Kakashi asked him when they were at the ramen shop.
 
Sasuke decided to go to the top floor to be alone and think about things but instead, found a lonely Sakura all by herself. “Hi,” he mumbled softly but coldly as he stood beside Sakura against the railing. “Oh hi, Sasuke-kun… Is something the matter?” Sakura asked, noticing that something was bothering him. She knew him too well since she has always studied his facial expressions when she used to be so infatuated with him.
 
“It's about the incident… It just made me think. Sakura, answer me please. Was it a wrong choice for me to come back to Konoha? I feel like I'm destroying a lot of relationships.” Sasuke answered sadly. He felt like he must regret about going back to Konoha.
 
“No, Sasuke-kun… Don't blame yourself for what happened. We all want you back. It's just that Ino is confusing her feelings. She's a bit immature about holding her emotions. I've known my best friend for so long.” Sakura said, trying to make him feel better.
 
“But I don't feel like that way. I feel like I was the one who is responsible for what happened between Ino and Neji.”
 
“Sasuke-kun, please. It's not your fault. It's not anybody's fault. Don't blame yourself, I beg of you. It just had to be that way. Everything will be getting better soon. But please, don't feel sad. I don't want to see you down…” Again, Sakura's so much concern for Sasuke.
 
“Thanks for cheering me up, Sakura-chan. But is it true that Ino has feelings for me?” Sasuke asked. Sakura didn't want to answer. Again, the feeling was back. She did not want anyone to have feelings for Sasuke and she wanted it only to be her. But this time, the truth came out.
 
“You heard it from her, Sasuke-kun. From the very start, she has loved you so much. A long time has passed since she learned to love again, and that was when Neji entered her life. How do you feel about it?” Sakura asked. She had to be brave about whatever he would answer, especially when he will say that he loved her too.
 
“I don't know. But nothing will change, I guess. Once when Ino and I were alone in the park, we had a promise that we will be friends for life. That won't change and I'll keep our promise.” Sasuke said. Ino and Sasuke had a promise? Sakura was going to fall down. Her friendship with Sasuke hadn't even got that deep and she was not even brave to walk beside him. Is something really going on between them?
 
Sasuke seemed to read Sakura's mind. “But I don't have feelings for Ino, Saku-chan. I don't know why even if she's really nice. Anyway, I'd like to make up for her and Neji. How do you think I can do that?” Sasuke asked. Sakura sighed, thinking about ways to make the pair happy. “You can treat Ino or do something fun with her. As for Neji, simply talk to him but of course, that would take time. Let his anger pass, like Master Tsunade said. But I know everything will get better soon.” Sakura assured.
 
Sasuke smiled. “Thanks Sakura. Thanks for all the help.”