Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Blood of the Orochimaru ❯ Apologies in an Embrace ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Author's Note: Yes, I update fast! Anyways, I'm really glad you guys are all enjoying the story so far. Sorry Orochimaru's note here. When he was fighting the rock, the rock won…
~Yuugi-chan
 
Italics- thoughts
 
“Sasuke-kun, stop!” Ino and Sakura said simultaneously. Sasuke paid no heed, his eyes ablaze and his brain set only for the intent to kill. Naruto knew better than to join the chaos that was ensuing and add fuel to Sasuke's fire, so he stayed in the tree out of Sasuke's line of sight. Ino still thought she could help and went head on for Sasuke.
 
“Ino, no! Don't do that! He'll kill you on contact!” Sakura screamed towards her best friend. “No he won't!” she replied. “Ino, forget your pride and just get away from here!” Sakura cried back. Ino kept on running. Shit! What can I do? I can't let Sasuke hurt Ino, but I can't help her if she's just going to keep jumping headlong into this. Come on Sakura! Think! Sakura couldn't think of anything with her blood loss and her brain didn't even seem to function anymore. Sakura had to rely on her instincts. She jumped from the tree in between her two friends. She braced herself as she stuck out both her arms and placed them on Sasuke's chest to prevent him from continuing forward. The impact made Sakura dig her heels into the ground.
 
“Sakura, move out of the way. She will pay!” Sasuke snarled. It seemed his brain was entirely working either. “Sasuke-kun, stop it! She didn't do anything!” Sakura said, straining to hold her ground. “Sakura, I said move!” “And I said no!” Her vision was starting to blur more and wasn't coming back into focus again. Sasuke pulled a kunai out and flung it at Ino. Ino tried to avoid it, but it hit her in the arm. Sasuke pulled out another one to try again. He was just about to throw it when Sakura grabbed ahold of his wrist.
 
“Sakura, let go!” he growled. She shook her head in response. “That's enough,” she whispered. Tears were forming at the corners of his eyes. “She will die!” Sasuke said, wrenching his hand free from Sakura's grasp. Again, he aimed to throw the kunai. Why? Why can't I reach him anymore? I don't think I can do anything more… Sakura's brain went on autopilot. She wrapped his arms around his back and held on to his shoulders.
 
“Please, that's enough. No more. Please, no more…” she sobbed, burying her head into his shoulder. Sasuke's arm stopped in mid-throw as something in his head clicked. “Just stop it. That's enough. No more bloodshed, no more pain. Please, no more.” She held him tighter as he looked down at her. The kunai automatically dropped out of his hand and it landed on the ground, forgotten. Ino was watching the scene in awe. Naruto saw his chance. He jumped down from the tree, pulled the kunai out of Ino's arm while she was distracted and dragged her a safe distance away despite her protests and complaints of pain.
 
The curse seal faded and Sasuke's eyes turned back to the color of onyx. The first thing he noticed was that Sakura was crying, and her tear-streaked face pained him. He subconsciously wrapped his arms around her and allowed her to cry into him. Sasuke laid a hand on the back of her head and pulled her closer.
 
“I'm sorry Sakura. I didn't mean to lose control. I didn't mean to cause you pain,” he said softly still in the embrace. Ino was turning green with envy as Naruto poked at her punctured arm and digging through Sakura's first-aid kit even though he didn't have the faintest idea on what to clean the wound out with. Ino jerked away and started towards the couple. Naruto put a hand on her shoulder and shook his head. He knew it was not a good idea to disturb his raven-haired teammate when he was emotional. He had found this put the hard way from personal experience. Ino gave a low growl in frustration and reluctantly sat back down.
 
Meanwhile, Sakura looked up at Sasuke with eyes red from crying and smiled at him.
“Oh good,” she said, “you're back to normal.” And then the world turned into a blur and she collapsed.
 
Author's End Note: There's the SasuSaku moment you all have been waiting for. Don't worry; there will be more. Reading back, it's seems I've made Sasuke OOC, but I guess he might be like that during all his moments with Sakura as he is opening up to her more (at least in this story anyway). Sorry guys, I couldn't think if any good outtakes for this chapter, as it's a lot more serious than the previous ones. Hope you're currently satisfied with this xx-Tsumi-Chan-xx until the next SasuSaku moment pops up (did you respond to my e-mail?).