Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Bloody Snow ❯ a new home, a new hope ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter 3: a new home, a new hope

it took me a little over a week to reach the Konoha village. As soon as I was beyond the gates I felt at peace. There was a very soothing quality about how it appeared that everyone knew each other and that there was no confrontation between them. But then I heard a commotion coming from the statues of the Konoha Hokages. I looked a little harder and saw that there was a boy with spiky yellow hair and appeared to be.. painting them. I walked briskly to investigate.
“NARUTO!!” I saw several ninjas chasing the boy, who looked as though he was having a great time. “Hahaha!! Shut up and try to catch me!!” he shouted back to them. I smirked a little as I saw this little chase continue. Then they disappeared and I walked to the office of the hokage (is that what it is??). When I walked into the office I was greeted by a ninja. He had a brown ponytail and a scar on his eye. ‘Kinda like me..’ I thought when I first saw him. He looked at my face and I saw that same expression I got from everyone who looked at me. That ‘I am so sorry for you’ look.
I sighed and said “hello sir. My name is Hana Yuki and Im from the Moon Village, north of here, and I..” A brief flash of realization came into his eyes. “Oh yes.. Miss. Yuki. We’ve been expecting you.” I looked at him confused. He smiled a little. “We were informed by a Mister. Hamada that you were gonna be coming here. He asked us to welcome you and make sure you had a place to stay. And I must say that I am so very sorry about what had happened. My name is Iruka by the way. And I am a teacher here.” I smiled ‘good old Hamada’ I thought. “Pleasure to meet you ,” I said. I liked this guy. He was very polite. “But um.. Where am I to be staying?” I asked. “Oh! Right of course! You must be tired from your journey here. You will be staying with a friend of your father’s. As soon as he heard you were coming here he volunteered to have you stay with him. His name is Kakashi, and he is also a teacher here. Speaking of which, are you gonna be joining our ninja-training classes?” I thought ‘yes! I friend of my father’s. I wont be with a complete stranger!’ “Um yes! I figure it will help with what I’ve set out to do! I..” ‘Aw crap..,’ I thought as I saw the slight confusion on Mr. Iruka’s face, ‘I’ve said too much!’ I cleared my throat and smiled at him. “Well uh.. Where does this Kakashi live? I would really like to put my things away and rest a bit.” Iruka looked a little flustered and said “oh! Well um.. Kakashi should be around here somewhere.. I. AH!” he shouted as a face appeared upside-down in the window. Most of his face was covered with a forehead protector and black fabric so that only his eye was showing. His hair was long and silver. The eye appeared to be smiling so I smiled back. Then he disappeared and he appeared in the room. “Hello!” he said brightly “you must be Miss. Yuki. Your father Kimura was a good friend of mine and I am so sorry to hear that the rest of your family has passed on. And In such a terrible manner.”
He looked sad for a moment then he brightened and said “well! Lets get you settled in and we can talk for a bit.” I said goodbye to Iruka and followed Kakashi to his home. It was an apartment just outside of the village, (I don’t really know where it is so once again.. Bear with me..) It wasn’t very spectacular but it looked very homey and lived in, so I had no complaints. He led me down a hallway and pointed out that the first door on the right was the library and next to that was my room. Opposite mine was Kakashi’s bedroom. I was pleased to find out that my room had its own bathroom. Then we went into the sitting area and I told him about how my father was at home and, sadly, to the part of why I was here. When I finished he gave me a look of sympathy and said, “well I am very sorry that is truly horrifying. But to let you know.. That Uchiha Itachi had killed his entire clan but left his younger brother Sasuke alive. Sasuke lives here in this village and will be attending classes with you and the other students. I ask you not to bring up the subject and don’t be offended by his silent manner.. He is also here training to get revenge on Itachi.” When I heard this I felt very sad. Here was this young man who’s entire clan was killed.. He has nobody. Not even neighbors from his old home to be with him. I will make a point to be nice to this boy.. Even if his brother is a murderer.Converting /tmp/phphWqAyh to /dev/stdout