Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Bookmark and Screw. ❯ Enter, Shiori Tendo! ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Authors note: It’s my first fan fiction that I’ve written in ages. Please excuse any spelling mistakes or errors in my grammar, this idea only occurred to me at about three in the morning while eating Chinese food. So it’s bound to be terrible. So you’ll just have to read more to see how good it gets. All characters I have created belong to me and me only. I would very much like it if you tell me what you thought about it. Give me tips and possibly ideas or even characters to use.

Disclaimer: I do not own Naruto or the characters.


----------

“…And Shiori?”
“…Yes?”
“Don’t come back.”

----------

Those were the last words I heard from my mother, before I started high school. I didn’t really even expect her to say that much. Usually I speak to someone whom I don’t know. But my mother of all people? I guess I should’ve taken it as an honour. After all. She’s the woman I’ve only met about twenty times in my whole life. I didn’t mind though. I didn’t really miss or care for what I didn’t know. I suppose it’s rather sad, but that’s the life of rich kids. It’s the life I lead daily. Tama, my best friend, had told me regularly that parents treat their children like that, pushing them away, and keeping them away. However I was told to never come back. Though she reassured me that she would always be my friend and have a place for me at her house if I needed it. Though I knew what my mothers comment meant. She told me never to associate myself with her again. And the sad thing is… I understand why she wouldn’t want someone like me around.

Up until last summer I attended Mizukan High, a school for prestigious families, but with the sudden events in my family. I entered a new high school. One that I guess was better then Mizukan High, however. Just how much better would it make my life? After admitting to my best friend, Tama, that I was moving school and house it to a region that would take almost three days to travel by car in, Tama burst out into floods of tears, begging me not to go. I wanted to stay, I really did. But at the same time, I wanted to run away from my mother, away from everything. I wanted to abandon my life as her daughter and live my own life. I just wanted to be alone. Like I always have been. Alone.

----------

“And this is our new student, Miss…”
“Shirori Tendo, originally from Mizukan High.” What an odd looking teacher. Isn’t he… a little young to be going gray? Well maybe its hair dye. Most defiantly hair dye. Or maybe plastic surgery? A lot of people are having that. But him? I doubt it. And what’s with the gravity deifying hair? Isn’t there someone sort of dress code that the teachers have to follow? Or is he the exception? What a weirdo teacher indeed. But I have to admit, the whole eye patch thing is pretty cool, I wonder if his eye is really missing….
“Miss Tendo?” most people in this school I’ve seen look a little weird, well all except one person I’ve met, well rather ran into. But he seemed a little cold. Though his friend, a lively one, seemed to be concerned about me. What was his name again? Nanako Uzuwhirl? No, that’s a girl’s name, isn’t it? I think it is. Oh wait, he’s in my class, with that other guy! “… Miss Tendo…?” I guess I should talk to them after class is over, it may be my chance to make some friends, or as close as I’m going to get to friends. But they’ve already have some friends with them. Two girls… or three. But I’d be imposing; maybe I should find someone else to speak to… Yeah, I’ll do that. “Miss Tendo!”
“…Yes?”
“Oh so now I have your undivided attention?” He’s had my attention for the past five minuets, hasn’t he?
“Um, Yes.”
“Good. Now there’s only one open seat left, next to Neji. I don’t think the seat is too hard for you to find, right?” I wasn’t sure if this teacher was smiling or not, but I took it as a smile, for all I knew, it could’ve been a smirk of sorts. I gradually made my way over to an empty seat. Of course I hadn’t taken much notice of anyone else, just those two boys I had met earlier, and this caused me some problems after I kept my eyes locked on the two young boys. I walked into a few people… chairs and tables, but I really should look where I’m going. It wasn’t till I found my new appointed seat that I actually looked at what would now be my class partner for every class. At first my impression of him was somewhat misjudged. He was starring out the window, watching the outside world from within in. He seemed so… easy going and gentle. I was a little surprised though when he turned his head slightly to face me. His milky hues starring at me, as if scanning me, but no longer then five seconds did his head turn away from mine. Our gazes had met Cobalt blue against Milky white.

I hadn’t thought much of him actually. Maybe he was the quiet type? He probably was, and maybe I shouldn’t read so much into him. But those eyes… the way the looked at me even if it was only for a short period of time stopped my heart. Those eyes, they were looking through me, weren’t they? Already I felt like I didn’t belong here. I knew I didn’t belong here. I just… Wanted to run away from everything and let fate have its way. I wanted to be a caged bird. I had so much freedom, but no one to share it with. I parted my lips to speak to this male- Neji. But no sooner had I opened my mouth, someone tapped my shoulder. A girl more precisely. She tapped my shoulder gently. I shifted in my seat, and turned my head around, wondering why she had suddenly touched my shoulder. But then I realised, she held something within her hand. A note? Why would she pass me a note when she was in talking range? But she smiled. I noticed that unlike the other pupils here, she seemed rather friendly from the obvious smile she gave me, and a small chuckle as I received the note from her. I looked at her oddly. I wasn’t sure on what to say, until I pursed my lips tightly together. “Read it.” she whispered gently. Her smile eager to hear what the note said, but I was unsure. I’d never had a note passed at me before. Usually they were thrown at my head. Never passed to me. Truth be told I was too scared to open the actually note. What if it said something crude?

My fingers played with the ends of the white paper, debating whether or not to actually open it and read what was inside the note. I wasn’t even sure who had sent the note, but I suppose it couldn’t be nothing bad, right? If it was, wouldn’t the note have been thrown off the crown of my head, rather then passed to me? I fumbled with the paper, unfolding its creases, yet at the same time trying to take my time as not to rip any part of the note, and also conceal the actual writings on the note itself.


Shiori, Will you be my girlfriend?
My name is Rock Lee!

I wasn’t sure on how to react to that. But I knew my answer when I glanced over the desk. The male sitting next to the girl whom had tapped my shoulder was smiling. I wouldn’t have minded if a normal person had smiled at me, but this smiled…. Freaked me out. I quickly snatched a pen from my bag, before setting my black shoulder bag on the floor. And thus I began my scrawl of untidy writing.

Sorry, Lee. I already have a boyfriend.
We should be friends though!

I knew I didn’t have a boyfriend. I could never get one; people were too scared of my mother to even talk to me on a normal routine. I looked to the young Chinese looking female, tapping her on the shoulder. “Could you--”
“I got it.” she spoke rolling her eyes, smiling cheekily while passing the note to Lee. That’s when I decided to lower my head on defeat. Yeah my head hit the desk with a loud thud. It even caused Neji to look around in confusion as what just happened. I groaned outwardly. I wasn’t quiet about it either. I caused some laughter and some remarks from people, and then came another tap on the shoulder. Looking through my black fringes of hair to find the perpetrator whom touched my shoulder. The young Chinese girl again? I sat up straight by the time I looked around, this girl smiled at me. “I’m Tenten.” she stated firmly but softly before leaning over the desk to my side to speak to me. I parted my lips to speak, but yet she already new my name. What person didn’t know my name? “You’re apart of thee Tendo family, right?” I nodded reluctantly to her question. I wasn’t so sure on what to do, no one had had to ask if I was apart of the Tendo family before. They all knew me before hand. But I can’t lie; it was a nice experience to be able to flaunt my named for once, without having to use it to get out of trouble. Tenten’s eyes lit up at my nod. Her hands clasped together in the center of her chest, as if she were excited for some unknown reason. I wasn’t use to this. I wasn’t use to people actually taking an interest in me, even if it was because I was rich. I smiled, awkwardly at Tenten. More then lost for words. But then she began to speak again. “Do you want to hang out with us at lunch? I’m the only group in our gang of friends, so maybe it would be a change if I had someone to… hang out with.” my face lit up. I was more the eager to agree. And in my response I nodded. For once I had made a friend on my own, without having to use my money… or control over people. I felt oddly enough proud of this new found friendship. “Then it’s decided!” we both agreed to this, while Neji, and Lee looked to us. Lee, looking rather pleased, and Neji, looking rather unbothered by this.


---------


Author’s notes: Well to be honest that went better then I expected. It really did. To say I wrote that with writers block and sleep deprivation. So, my friends have been asking me, why I named the fan fic
Bookmark and Screw. Okay, so it started with me watching Battle Royal, or was it death note the movie? ANYWAYS one of the female characters name is Shiori. And I think it’s a nice sounding name, later I looked it up to find out that it meant ‘Bookmark’. And if some of you are unaware Neji, means screw? That’s what I could find out anyways. Hence the name Bookmark and Screw.