Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Bookmark and Screw. ❯ What's Ramen? ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]




Disclaimer: I do not own Naruto or the characters.

----------

“So, what do you think? Could you see him dating you?”
“I’d rather not think about it, Tenten.” No, really, I didn’t want to think about it. I didn’t want to bring up my lunch. I had more then a job in keeping in down. Well I guess I’m lying there slightly. While my eyes were fixated one particular screw- Neji. My mind was else where with a certain green annoyance. I couldn’t believe the sheer nerve of Lee! When will he learn no means no?
“Oh, come on! The guy is nuts over you.”
“Shame.” I muttered under my breath, rolling my eyes at her statement. I couldn’t believe in just four hours I had already made friends, and nonetheless accumulated a crush. But not the guy I wanted to have a crush on me. Of course Lee was a nice guy and very amusing to be around, but he did give me a headache, and his upbeat attitude was a little over bearing. Yet it never crossed my mind for a second on how Tenten, or Neji cooped with Lee and his ‘Youthful spirit’ I guess I too, would have to learn how to deal with this every day until I graduate from school. Oh joy.
“Lee’s a good guy inside; it wouldn’t hurt for you to give him a chance, right?” I didn’t reply straight away. Instead I studied myself in the mirror, watching my face e crumple in defeat. She had a point, maybe if I gave Lee a chance I would see some amazing point about him. But then again if I gave him that chance I couldn’t exactly bring myself to see him- a youthful man such as himself running the Tendo industries and the companies family owned. I couldn’t bring myself to think about it. Really. I wanted to keep my lunch down. And not share my rice balls with Tenten. The young Chinese female laughed at me, she knew by my obvious expression that she had won, and I indeed had lost our talk. But that didn’t mean she had won the war. Oh no.

“Then why don’t you date him if he’s such a good guy?” I asked leaning over to the side, to invade her personal space, to try and intimidate her playfully, she shrunk in her place, just as intended her to do. It was amazing how this girl understood and knew when I was joking.
“It’s not that easy.” the young girl muttered with an apparent blush hindering her cheeks. Her face was actually somewhat amusing to. She looked like a young pouting child as I towered over her. Obviously because I had a height advantage to start with.
“I don’t see how it’s not easy, care to explain?” I studied the younger female for only a few seconds. Before she sighed. Okay maybe it wasn’t that easy.
“Lee and I grew up together you see, and Lee doesn’t see me as anything more then a childhood friend, the same for Neji.”
“Ahh… I see your point.” I really didn’t, wasn’t it a good thing she grew up with them? That way she knew all their likes and dislikes. I knew if I was a guy I would pick Tenten.

She starred at me for a short amount of time before I spoke lightly to her. “We should get going, the boys are waiting.” From my point of view Tenten looked as though she were about to cry. No, that couldn’t be possible. Tenten was a strong woman, she would never cry. I smiled, sheepishly as I patted her shoulder gently. I took it as she knew what that meant. And she did. Her smile said so. Out of the bathroom and into the busy hallways of Konoha Gekukon High, The student body, busy around this time of day. But for us it was slightly different. Study hall held a lot of things and meanings for some students. Some goofed off others slept…? The list was endless. But our teacher for that lesson. Azumi? No that’s a girl’s name! Asuma? I think it was, wasn’t exactly bothered what we did, as long as we learned something by the end of the day. I learnt one thing in general. Shiny white teeth aren’t normal.

Sparkle

I dwindled on the thought or Rock Lee and his Shiny white teeth. And my lunch nearly escaped my lips. I told my self mentally, time and time again that I have to be strong. But in reality I was being just silly, wasn’t I?

My eyes connected with Neji’s. Though I hadn’t spoken to him today, he had sat by me in lunch, on his own free will. Even when there were plenty of free seats across from me. I smiled slightly. Though Neji’s smile was slightly different from my own. As if he was smirking at something. I raised a fine eyebrow but even before I could muster up the sheer courage to speak Lee began what would probably but my next headache. “The couples dance is coming up Shiori, won’t you join me on this youthful occasion?”
“I’ve already asked her to the dance.” Neji informed too quickly, and too sharply.
“You did?” I asked almost falling over at the fact before catching myself.
“He did?!” Both Tenten and Lee countered, they too almost falling over in shock from Neji’s sudden comment and announcement that he would be taking me, Shiori Tendo to the couple’s dance that was sure to come up in less then a few weeks.
“This is all new to me.” I spoke gritting my teeth. Obviously I was more then happy that Neji has asked me to be his date, well he didn’t exactly ask me, he actually didn’t give me a choice in the matter he had already decided that I would be his date whether I wanted to or not. I grimaced over the thought of actually going to a school dance. I couldn’t image myself actually dancing, not after what had happened last year at the Mizukan high dance. I didn’t want to have to live through that again. Though I obviously did know that this school was different and no one would be out to hurt me. “So, Neji…” I gritted my teeth for effect, wanted to look and sound, but most of all play the part of being angry and annoyed. “When did you ask me to the dance…? Hmm?” This was where great Neji Hyuuga would fall at my question, surely he would falter before his answer and maybe I could ask Lee to the dance. But why was I denying myself of Neji? The taller male leaned in closely. At point blank range. His lips ever so close to me ear. Thee warmth of his breath hitting the top of my ear.
“Oh, so you’d rather have someone who can’t dance?” he asked coolly. Okay, he was right. If Lee couldn’t dance then my how school life would be utterly ruined. I hung my head low in shame and defeat before snapping my head back up to counter his question.
“That may be so!” I spoke moving even closer to him, making sure my face neared his own. But I only did this, so I could catch a glimpse of his milky white eyes. “But can you dance?” This was where he would falter. Indeed. No normal man could dance, unless they were like me- trained to dance since childhood. And from what I had heard from Tenten, even she didn’t know a lot about Neji, despite being his childhood friend.
“No, but it can’t be that hard.”
“I’m doomed.” This time Neji had defeated me in battle, I was at a loss. I could not refuse him, nor could I let him simply take me to the dance. Tenten smiled lightly. She looked sad. So maybe I’d taken one of her dates away for the dance? It was then it occurred to me. “Why don’t you take Tenten to the dance, Neji…?” I asked sheepishly before meeting his eyes again in a gaze like no other.
“No.”
“What do you mean ‘No’?!” I barked loudly, causing the majority of the pupils in the hallway to stare at me and Neji.
“It means no. I thought you would know that much.” He countered coolly. I honestly felt like punching him, hitting him so hard that I’d send him into the middle of next year. I couldn’t believe the nerve of Neji, never mind Lee!
“It’s okay.” Tenten squeaked while looking to Lee. “I’m taking Lee, since Sakura and you turned him down.”
“I didn’t even get a chance to.” I moaned under my breath. And that’s when it happened. I think I saw Neji smile, and laugh? I was thinking things, wasn’t I? There was just no way Neji would suddenly smile after only speaking to me for less then fifteen minuets. I paused at the thought before dismissing it. I saw the way Neji acted around other girls at KG high, no less on my first day too. But he acted slightly different with me. It must be my imagination?

----------

I breathed heavily while exiting the building by myself. I was so glad to rid myself of Lee, and of course Neji. That arrogant brat! Who does he think he is?! Suddenly deciding to take me to the dance! I don’t even know the guy! Stupid arrogant fool. I think he’s got a screw loose or something. My first day at KG high could only be described with ‘weird yet wonderful’. I had met some peculiar people, yet I had made friends by myself, without the aid of money. It was different. So this was how normal teenagers lived their life? A strange thing indeed.

I made my way towards my black Rolls Royce with a word to my driver, though I knew what was surely to come as I entered the inside. I was expecting him to say. ’Good day, young miss?’ But instead I heard a tap at the window. Obviously I was alarmed from the tap, my mind was set elsewhere. I turned my head slightly, hoping a monster wasn’t going to pop out from behind the other side of the glass, but instead I saw the figures of three people. I groaned outwardly. So commoners were amazed by money, I knew this much, but couldn’t they give me a rest, even if it was for an hour? I treasured their friendship, but I also treasured my alone time. Knowing that I couldn’t ignore them I rolled down my window quickly before popping my head out the window. I know it was a little rude but my driver wasn’t patient. “The guys and I were wondering if…”
“If you would join us on a youthful occasion and let us take you to a magnificent place full of youthfulness!”
“Eh?” I was utterly confused at this point. I didn’t even know what Lee was blabbering on about till I looked to Neji, he would surely tell me. I almost laughed at myself, I was looking to Neji for answers? What was I? A two year old? I snorted to myself while I shifted my gaze to Tenten. She would surely tell me with ease. I grinned almost ready to erupt in laughter. “What is Lee speaking about, Tenten?” I asked intrigued by Lee’s explanation and eager for Tenten’s answer. But even though I was waiting for her answer I caught myself starring at Neji.
“A Ramen bar.” strangely enough Neji answered the question I had directed to Tenten. I wasn’t pleased, but it’s not like any of us minded.
“Sounds great…” Honestly, it didn’t. “Aki.” I called out to my driver whom already was getting out of his seat. I shifted in the car, moving along the seats till I sat on the end seat ready for my three friends to get in. “Aki will take us there.” I commented watching Lee, Tenten and finally Neji enter in my car sitting by me. Neji and Lee sat across from me, while I sat with Tenten. I wasn’t sure how to describe my day. Commoners were something else. I looked to the tinted window for my driver, watching him sit the drivers’ seat. “To town Aki.” I commanded while slumping back in my seat. “So guys….” I had caught their attention. I could feel their gaze on me as if I were their prey, I felt so small and out of place. I paused for a second, swallowing my pride back.

“What’s Ramen?”

----------

Authors note: This chapter sucked too. But I promise they will get better, honestly! So keep reading and leave me those comment review thingies ^^; I have no idea what will happen in this story, believe it or not I’m writing this as I go along. Oh dear. So the idea behind this chapter was I actually asked the question some years ago ‘what is Ramen’ o_o Kinda’ lame, but the story will get better. My friends once again, commented how I don’t use Rock Lee as much as a I should so I’m asking you, give me some ideas on what he could do within the story :’D