Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Captive Heart ❯ Misconception ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: Yay another ItaKaka that I'm not going to give up on like I did Love Slave. Of course, this one will be better then Love Slave.
 
Hope everyone likes this:
 
Title: Captive Heart
 
By: Melissa Norvell
 
Rating: PG-13
 
Pairing: ItachiKakashi
 
WARNINGS: Shounen-ai. Odd couple. Dark themes. Sexual situations and insinuations. Blood. Gore. Violence. Angst.
 
Summary: ItaKaka. Kakashi has amnesia and doesn't remember anything. Itachi finds this out and decides to use it to his advantage.
 
 
 
 
 
 
XI.
 
 
Captive Heart
 
Chapter 1: Misconception
 
By: Melissa Norvell
 
 
XI.
 
 
 
He sat up slowly and unsurely. While a sense of nostalgia crossed his mind, he couldn't put a finger on where he was. A lone orb scanned the horizon, the pupil shrinking and growing, trying to focus on the seemingly familiar landscape. The grass was a bright green, crisp and vivid. The skies above him were blue and seemingly calm, contradicting the chaos around him. As he sat there in the middle of what seemed to be a daze, fuzzy sensations shot through his body, mainly concentrating on his head and sinus region.
 
Feeling hot, he reached a shaky hand up to wipe away the burning and sticky liquid from his face. After wiping it off, he looked at his gloved hand with a mystified expression.
 
`What's going on here?' The jounin thought to himself, not knowing whose blood was on his hand.
 
He arose slowly, but it didn't seem to be slowly enough as shooting pains stabbed through his cranium, causing him to clutch his head in pain, almost doubling over with the sensation. His knees bending slightly.
 
The jounin slowly made his way over to a nearby river, moving awkwardly and unsurely, almost as if he were afraid of what he would see. As soon as he neared the water's edge, he saw his reflection distort and reform into something that looked more humanesque and not so grotesque.
 
A single eye widened at the sight in which befell him.
 
Many questions ran through Kakashi's head as he seemed transfixed on the image in the water.
 
`Who is he? It must be me…I'm the only one around…Is this my blood? … Or someone else's?' He looked behind him, eyeing the bodies of the slain around him. `Did I do that?'
 
He face turned back to the watery reflection. A single gloved hand placed itself over the side of his face in which was almost completely covered both by his hitai-ate and mask. `Where is my other eye?' The jounin wondered, slowly pushing up his hitai-ate, revealing the Sharingan.
 
`What's this? I don't understand…This isn't my eye…It can't be…'
 
He moved his fingers, letting them slide down the metal plate, over the grooves of the Konoha emblem. Kakashi bent down a little more, peering a bit more intensely at both his foreign eye and the symbols both on his head protector and sleeves of his black shirt.
 
`What are these symbols? What do they stand for?'
 
Kakashi tried to remember something, anything, but couldn't. So many questions plagued his mind, reeling through it over and over again. He didn't know anything about himself. . . His name, age or even where he came from. What were these strange symbols for? And why was his head protector over his left eye? He could see perfectly fine and there seemed to be nothing wrong with it, other then it was a different color and had strange little black specs within it.
 
Why were all of those men dead? Why was he covered in blood? Was it his? Theirs? Was he hurt? Was there a battle? What was going on?
 
The more he mulled these thoughts the more his head began to hurt. Why did he have such a painful headache?
 
He arose from his position, deciding to pick up some of the weapons, which were in disarray and spread about the landscape. He didn't know if anyone was there, but he didn't want anything to catch him off guard.
 
With an armful of weapons, holding a kunai knife in his hand, ready to strike the next available thing that tried to get him, he walked cautiously about the area. His eyes darted wildly around. At this moment in time, he felt vulnerable to any oncoming attack and he wanted to be more aware of himself.
 
Inwardly, he could feel some sharp pains in some portions of his body. He could only guess that some of if not all of that blood spilled onto the ground and splattered all over his body belonged to him.
 
“Hoarding weapons are we?” He could hear a calm and collective voice intone.
 
Turning swiftly, he hurled the kunai knife through the air. The weapon didn't even hit its target; rather it stuck into the tree bark behind it.
 
Deactivated Sharingan eyes slowly looked to the kunai knife, stuck into the tree, then back to Kakashi, who took a defensive position, holding the weapons close to him with a wild look in his eyes, as if that was the only defense that he could muster.
 
The dark haired man found this both strange and unsettling and perhaps even a bit amusing in a way.
 
The mismatched eyes glared at him from across the green field, as he held another kunai in his hand, drawn back and ready to fight. This wasn't the normal posture of Hatake Kakashi. Dark eyes narrowed. Something was wrong here.
 
“What's the meaning of this?” Itachi asked.
 
“Meaning of what?” Kakashi responded, still keeping his position.
 
Dark eyes examined the Copy Ninja from his distance away as the Uchiha calculated several factors, mulling them around in his brain for a while, trying to come up with both a plan of action, and logical reason for such actions.
 
After a few moments of stilled silence, he slowly stepped over to the defensive ninja, not finding him that much of a threat. After all, he couldn't even manage to hit him with a kunai knife, which wasn't like Kakashi at all to be that off with an aim.
 
“Stay away.” Kakashi warned, though it sounded more as if he were scared and backed into a corner then he was being confident and determined.
 
Itachi said nothing and took a few steps forward.
 
“It would please you if I did, but that task is not possible.”
 
“It would?” Kakashi questioned the inner confusion building.
 
“Kakashi-san, you seem discombobulated.”
 
“Who is Kakashi?” He asked, taking a step back.
 
Itachi narrowed his eyes. “You are.”
 
“…” The jounin looked as if he was trying to remember something, but after a good twenty minutes, it soon left his mind again.
 
Who in the world was this guy? Whoever he was seemed to know his name and maybe could hold more information about him. Mismatched eyes blinked. Somehow he had lost his memory…
 
Perhaps this young man knew something about him. He could be an enemy, but Kakashi had no choice but to at least believe a little of what he was saying. After all, an enemy would know your name, no matter how much they hated it.
 
Apparently, his name was Kakashi. Aside from this young man knowing him in some way, he knew his name.
 
The dark haired boy, standing only a few feet away, was amused with the whole situation. Apparently, while in the midst of battle, Kakashi sustained amnesia. He was vulnerable, and he would believe anything that he was told. Itachi could say anything and Kakashi would believe him. Surely, by now Kakashi knows that he held something
within him about his whereabouts.
 
He inwardly chuckled to himself at the possible thought that his worst enemy could end up being his greatest tool. The lack of memory that Kakashi had could prove useful in his plans. Kakashi was, after all one of the most powerful ninja in Konoha.
 
`So…My name is Kakashi…'
 
 
The silver haired jounin, still in a state of numb and confusion, was pondering on whether to trust this lone figure that stood before him or not. He could be putting his life in enemy hands, but the only question was who the enemy was.
 
Mismatched eyes scanned the figure for any hint of something that may be a clue of alliance. Upon his headband was the same symbol he saw in the watery reflection. His eyed widened at the revelation he made. This man must be an ally, he has the same symbol.
 
`That symbol…He…'
 
“Tell me…Why are you here?” Kakashi asked.
 
Itachi said nothing.
 
This usual silence brought on by the darkly clad man stirred that defensive and skeptical side to shoot through the man.
 
“Well…” He asked in a huff, growing uneasy at the weary boy before him.
 
“To get you, of course.” Itachi lied. “Come with me.”
 
“At least tell me who you are.” Kakashi said, lowering his guard a little as his form became less tense.
 
“Someone you knew long ago.” The Uchiha replied.
 
The lack of any emotion in this mysterious figure's voice stirred the thought of a cold being from Kakashi. He never tore his eyes off of Itachi as the dark haired boy turned around, then looked over his shoulder, as if he were silently trying to tell him to follow suit.
 
Klanks were heard as the massive pile of weapons cascaded from his hands, landing on the ground in a pile in front of him. He still held a couple of kunai knives in his hand, just incase his previous thoughts were wrong.
 
He hated having to rely on someone so seemingly cold for any links to his past, but he really had no choice. This boy was the only one around who was alive, and who knew how long he'd be wandering around the woods if Itachi hadn't come along.
 
He could possibly end up dead.
 
“I'm Uchiha Itachi, and you are Hatake Kakashi.” Itachi finally said, hoping that added information would sway the disoriented ninja into following him.
 
And it worked.
 
Kakashi began to walk toward him, following him to wherever he may lead, whether it's to his own destruction or to his savior…
 
TBC
 
 
A/N: Yeah, that was the end of chapter one. The end of chapter one and I already have plot bunnies…
 
Any ideas would be helpful. I have things planned, but I just have to get past some stuff… So please feel free to help me out. Your ideas will be given full credit to you in my author's notes for the next chapter.