Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Captive Heart ❯ State of Confusion ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: Here I am with another chapter of Captive Heart. This is going to be an explaining chapter. Also, do be sure to check out my fanart for this story, for those at Mediaminer, it will be in the images section, for those on Fanfiction, go to my Deviantart account to see it. It's my featured Deviation.
 
Now, enjoy!
 
 
 
XI.
 
 
Captive Heart
 
Chapter 2: State of Confusion
 
 
XI.
 
 
As the jounin blindly followed his darkly clad captor, he began to grow weak, not aware of the amount of chakra he used in the battle he'd faced earlier. He began to trail behind the Uchiha, who glanced over his shoulder. The soft crunching of grass stopped as Itachi's movement ceased. Kakashi, who was behind him, clutched his stomach. His body heaving with labor. The hand on his stomach was tainted red with a thick layer of the life giving fluid.
 
“Tired are we?”
 
“Hm?” The mismatched eyes of the jounin set sight upon the younger male, who turned with an almost mechanical motion and walked toward him. A sense of momentary panic ran through his psyche. His defenses heightened as he drew back a few millimeters, only enough to be detected by Itachi. But the boy had patience. He knew that another chance such as this had a very slim chance of happening again.
 
Hands were placed on either side of Kakashi's head. This touch caused the silver haired man's eyes to widen a little, the light that managed to get to the orbs causing them to shine in an almost innocent and frightened manner. This amused Itachi, seeing his prey quiver gave him a sense of satisfaction that almost brought a small smirk onto his lips. He could hear a small in take of breath from the older man as he reached for his hitai-ate, pulling the left side of it down, covering the Sharingan.
 
“What was that for?” Kakashi asked.
 
“You need to keep your eye covered if you wish to keep any chakra.”
 
“Chakra?” He questioned.
 
“Don't tell me you know nothing about chakra.” Itachi stated.
 
The jounin looked as if he were trying to mull a few thoughts around in his mind. Chakra…Chakra…He had heard it before…But what was it? He didn't know. He should know, but he didn't.
 
“Forget it. I'll explain it to you once we get back.” The dark haired man turned to trudge on, but a bloody hand was laid upon his shoulder. “What now? You're getting blood on my outfit.”
 
“Sorry, Itachi…” He took his hand away. “But I don't think I can walk any longer. My body feels low on energy. Can I at least rest, if only for a few moments? I am bleeding as well.” He pulled his hand away, gazing down at his stomach wound, watching as the blood oozed from the gaping hole in his stomach. His hand was covered in thick, crimson liquid. “It looks bad.”
 
The Uchiha said nothing, but paused to let him catch his breath, standing motionless and listening to the sounds of nature around him. He could hear a rustle of cloth followed by a light thump. Kakashi had sunk to his knees, clutching his stomach, breathing still heightened and looking rather pathetic.
 
Or at least, Itachi thought he looked pathetic. He tore his dark gaze from the jounin, disgusted at the weakness Kakashi had been showing so far. It was pathetic and disgusting…Yet it held his interest enough to take him in. He couldn't be so quick to judge. There was a hefty amount of promise within something like this. If Kakashi didn't even remember something as simple as chakra, he'd have a clean slate to start from.
 
He would mold Kakashi to his own image.
 
Perhaps Akatsuki had an opening for another potential S-Rank Criminal…But he was thinking too far into the future for that. For now, he would concentrate on re-teaching him Sharingan and chakra. If his memory was jarred in some way during training exercises and he did remember how to use it, things would run a lot more smoothly and he would be back to jounin status in no time.
 
At least, this is what Itachi hoped.
 
In the past, Kakashi's Sharingan had been a threat to him, though he was able to defeat him in battle. He knew that the man didn't have the Uchiha bloodline to use the Sharingan to its full extent and even when he did accomplish that, it drained him.
 
“Why did you cover my left eye?” Kakashi asked.
 
Itachi knew that this would indeed take an explanation. “Your left eye isn't your own, but you knew that.”
 
“How?”
 
The stoic one looked to the seated man. “It was given to you by a member of the Uchiha Clan.”
 
“Uchiha Clan?” The jounin replied in a confused manner.
 
Itachi said nothing to his question and left him to ponder to himself on the matter. After a few lasting moments of silence, a flap of fabric was heard as the dark haired figure turned around. The lone eye of the jounin looked to him, confusion riddled into it.
 
“What is my left eye? I mean, if it causes me to slow down while uncovered, it must have some special power.”
 
“The eye you possess is called the Sharingan Eye, it has the power to copy moves of other ninja…It's a blood trait exclusively to members of my clan. Before you lost your memory, you had used it to copy a thousand of these moves. You are known as the Copy Ninja, or Copycat Ninja.”
 
`A thousand moves…' Kakashi looked at the ground momentarily before looking up. “You're an Uchiha, so where is your Sharingan?”
 
“Deactivated.”
 
“Why do I have to cover mine up? Do I not have the power to deactivate it?”
 
“No. You don't.”
 
There was another moment of contemplative silence as the two mulled things over in their minds. The cog wheels slowly turning, besides, Itachi needed something to do other then waste time letting Kakashi catch his breath. Occasionally, he would glance over his shoulder to check his progress, which was slow. He couldn't allow him to wait too much longer; he had a schedule to keep after all. Inefficiency wasn't tolerable.
 
Upon hearing his breathing slow, he spoke. “Let's move on.”
 
“Right.” The silver haired man agreed before getting up slowly, feeling shooting pains course through his battered body, still trying to recall any information he could muster, but next to nothing came.
 
The information that Itachi had given him about the Sharingan and his status as the Legendary Copy Nin ran through his head, `Copy Nin? I copied over one thousand jutsu…With my Sharingan Eye…But I don't remember any of the jutsu I've learned, at least not with my mind…But perhaps I don't need to remember with my mind…Perhaps all I need is the Sharingan eye…Perhaps everything I've learned is within the eye itself…If so, I can regain my memory of the jutsu I have learned.'
 
The sound of footsteps crossed his mind. Looking up, he saw that the dark figure before him was getting farther and farther away. Not wanting to loose any possible link to unraveling who he used to be, the jounin followed the young boy, still not quite sure of what to think, seeing as he had many things on his mind already, he decided not to give it as much thought as the new information he received.
 
`Itachi…' A lone eye locked onto its target in front of him, taking in the way that the light bounced off of his hair, making it shine in the sunlight. His eye then fell to the red, yellows and blacks of his Akatsuki attire. The colors vibrant for those being of dark hues. He watched the way they fluttered behind him regally. `You're of the Uchiha Clan…Those who rightfully possess the Sharingan…If my left eye is…That means…' His lone eye narrowed and filled with sorrow upon coming to the conclusion that whoever gave him his Sharingan couldn't possibly be alive.
 
`Maybe Itachi knows who gave me this eye…' He thought. `Perhaps Itachi can tell me how to activate it in order to learn to copy jutsus…Maybe he can even give back to me what I lost…'
 
 
TBC
 
 
A/N: I cut this one a page short, but I ran out of ideas again. I don't have a very firm way of beginning this, just of the events that I want to happen. Anyway, please be sure to check out my fanart and review ^_^