Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Clippings and Snippets ❯ A Similar Start ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A Similar Start
By: emeraldoni
Disclaimer: Naruto belongs to Masashi Kishimoto, not me.
 
No one ever realized how truly similar the Legendary Sannin are to the infamous Team Seven. No one ever knew of the intricacies that wrapped about the Sannin in their younger days. The young, teenage emotions drawn and pulsing in hormonal hearts as they slowly ripped themselves apart by misinterpreted lies.
 
Everyone saw the personalities of the Sannin to their pupils; the strengths and weaknesses, actions and reactions, the way they interacted and the paths they followed.
 
What the people didn't see was the Sannin's past, how the three's entangled relationships were near identical to that of the Team Seven.
 
Naruto and Jiraiya to Sakura and Tsunade; the relationship of violent fondness. Perverse and loving all in the same moment, a crush from man to women, boy to girl, that would last in the form of protecting each other.
 
Sasuke and Orochimaru to Naruto and Jiraiya; the relationship of a close rivalry. Harsh and friendly at the same time, they would do anything to prove themselves to the other, anything to keep the other safe.
 
…Sakura and Tsunade to Sasuke and Orochimaru…
 
Sakura loves Sasuke, there is no refuting that. She would follow him to the end of the world and back, hope shining in her voice and support in every step. Her fingers will always reach out to his back, and he will always rely on her there, with attachment hidden beneath faux resentment.
 
And then…and then… we come to relationship unknown to many. Few ever realize the depth of Orochimaru's and Tsunade's attachment to one another. Most know them as teammates, comrades sworn to each other in a bond that all shinobi wear. Yet that is not the whole story…
 
For Tsunade loved Orochimaru, as Orochimaru loved Tsunade. They were young, juvenile maybe, but devoted none the less. The Snake Sannin was reserved but gentle, as Tsunade was brash but soft. And they would do anything for one another.
 
“I love you.” She would whisper against his lips, un-warped at the time, for it was before Orochimaru had turned. And he would smile just a bit, golden eyes liquid warm as his fingers gripped her waist and lips brushed over her face. Tsunade's hazel eyes would close over as they became immersed in one another.
 
And everything was perfect.
 
Yet as fate tends to do, it brought something about that neither participated, a brutal shock, a slap in the face.
 
For it was at the time that a mistake was made, a mistake that changed the course of Konoha's future in such a way that little could the residents comprehend such a twist in time.
 
Orochimaru made the mistake of feeling fear, unreasonable fear. He felt the fear of losing what was his; his lover, his life, his power. He made the mistake of acting on this fear, going behind Tsunade's back to do what he thought was right.
 
And this was his final mistake.
 
He let the fear control him, soon warping him into a power-hungry monster, capable of hate and fear but finding love impossible. He had done exactly what he was afraid of, putting his life and lover in danger. From himself.
 
We know what happens after that. How Orochimaru gets caught, how he flees and vows the downfall of his home village, how he flows through time and bodies only to end where we are now, with Sasuke in his grasp.
 
And we know what happens to Tsunade, as she loses one by one all her loved ones, Orochimaru the starting curse of it all, the cause of it all. We know how she defies that loss and then comes out more powerful than ever before, with Sakura in her grasp.
 
And we see this path being followed once more. We see this path being tread as to be bare with in its worn down state, the story so similar, a tangent being pulled off the very beginning of it all, with the Legendary Sannin.
 
Sometimes at night, the Hokage will think of her first lover, the man who caused near every problem and pain she had ever felt.
 
And sometimes at night, the Snake Sannin will muse on the woman—the only woman—he had once held in his arms. He, being who he has become, feels no remorse.
 
And neither does she.
 
They both know, one day they will battle, and she will fight for her loss, and he will fight for her protection.
 
And they will both be misled.
 
 
Not many know how similar the Legendary Sannin are to the infamous Team Seven, but the few that do hold it close to their hearts, and prepare themselves for the day when all this will end.
 
Oooo000OOO000oooO
 
A/N: Okay, now don't kill me. You guys may hate me for that, but I couldn't help myself. It's been in my mind for a while and I just had to get it out. Yeah, it was really weirdly written; sorry; but I'm not in the mood to spruce it up.
 
So, please review…
 
Until next time…
 
emeraldoni