Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Crimson Assassin ❯ {Intro} ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Intro

I am a dangerous assassin, among the best in the world. I cling to the shadows, striking out quickly and accurately with my lethal katana, not even giving my victims the chance to scream with their final breath as my fire-filled blade slides through their heart.

I was born in a small village by the name of Arashi, or Storm, in the Fire country. I do not live there anymore, well, I do not live anywhere. I move freely from village to village, country to country. I do not stay in any given village for more than two or three days, for fear of being tracked down by my enemies, which are many. In these villages, I am seen only when I want to be seen. Otherwise, I remain invisible in clear view to all around me, thanks to my disguise. The people I see daily know me as Tsubaki, the name I was born with. Thanks to these precautions, no one knows what I look like, except of course for your employer/sensei, Shingetsu.

Even though no one knows what I look like, or even for sure if I exist, just the very mention of my true name, the name I gave to myself, makes people shake with fear. My true name, Akane.

Eight Years Ago

"Tsubaki! Get in here and eat your dinner!"

"Okay daddy! I'll be there in a minute!" I reply to my father while sitting in the highest branch of the tallest tree in the entire village, looking around. I watch, laughing, as two squirrels chase one another from branch to branch, almost falling yet always managing to catch themselves. Once they disappear from view, I look up and see that it is almost sundown, and that the light is fading away.

"Hmm, I guess I should go in now, before dinner gets cold," I say softly to myself.

"Oh yes, we wouldn't want that now, would we?" says an unknown yet almost pleasant voice from somewhere to my left.

I shriek and turn in the direction of the voice and see a man wearing purely black robes.

"Wh-who are you?" I manage to stammer out.

"Well, if you think it's that important, my name is Shingetsu. Now, I suppose you are wondering why I'm here, yes?" I barely manage to nod my head. "Hmm, where should I start..?" he asks to himself. He then snaps his fingers. "Oh yes! I am here to make a deal with you, one that I think you can't refuse." I am about to make a reply, but he cuts me off, "Hold on, you can ask questions after I tell you what I'm offering." He pauses, almost dramatically. "I would like to dispose of your father, I know you hate him, and I would like to train you as an assassin, the best in the world." Once again I try to say something, and again he cuts me off. "I do understand that you are young, nine I believe, and you probably don't understand much of what I am saying. I've been doing some research on you and your capabilities. I've learned that you are extremely intelligent, and you have a very unique control of fire. With the proper training, you could be the greatest assassin the world has ever seen! Now, any questions?" Dumbfounded, I slightly shake my head. "Alright then," he says. "Now I have a question for you.. Would you like to accept my offer?"

I close my eyes, and think of all the screaming and beatings I have suffered at the hand of my father. I also think of how everyone in the village, including my father, treats me like some kind of monster because of my fire-controlling abilities and how I accidently killed my mother when I was younger because of these very same abilities.

I snap my eyes open at this and say, as boldly as I can, "I accept your offer. When do we leave?"

He smiles and replies, "Right now," and, as if on cue, my father bursts out through the door and looks up in the tree at me -without even noticing Shingetsu there- screaming that if I don't get in the house right now I will have to go without dinner for the next week. I look at Shingetsu, who rolls his eyes, grabs something from his pocket, and flicks it casually in the direction of my father. I see something shiny and the next thing I know, I see my father clutch his throat, fall, and die..



Author's Note: Well, there it is, the prologue to my first story. R&R please. Constructive critisism is welcome. Thanks!