Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Crimson Assassin ❯ Chapter 2

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Now

I open my eyes and listen closely. I thought I heard something while I was sleeping. Hearing nothing now, I quickly yet gracefully jump out of my bed and land softly on the floor next to it. Kneeling, holding a kunai, I look around the room. I see nothing. Just as I am about to give up and go get some breakfast, something near the door catches my eye. I focus my attention on it, and find that it is a piece of paper. Picking it up, I notice that it is a letter. It reads:

Akane,
You have a new assignment. Apparantly there is a man in a small village of the River country called Silver Stream who requires your services. The name he gave me was Sota, no doubt a false name, but I care not. He needs your help to take care of the current leader. If you succeed, your reward will be great. Meet me a few miles east of the village at midnight you are currently in for the rest of the information.

Shingetsu

I smile to myself as I burn the letter in my hand. Yawning tiredly, I walk over to the small fridge in my hotel room and fix a bowl of cereal. I bring the bowl over to a small table and sit in a chair, thinking about what I am going to do until tonight. Once again, I smile, and take a bite of my cereal.

Early Afternoon

As I wander around the village I am currently residing in (a small yet crowded trading village near Konoha), I can't help but have the distinct feeling that someone is watching me. Normally, this wouldn't be a problem- people seem to watch me alot, which I used to think was strange, but I am now used to it. Whoever is watching me now, however, has been following me for the past few hours.Now who might be so interested in me? I think to myself.Whoever he his, I need to get him off my tail. It will soon be time for me to find Shingetsu. At first, I think of simply killing my little stalker, but then I think of everyone around. It would be to easy for me to be seen, and I can't let that happen. So instead, I stealthily hide myself in a huge crowd of people who are leaving the village. As I make it outside of the village, I check to make sure no one is currently looking at me, and hopefully my stalker isn't either, and I duck behind a tree. Once everyone that was leaving is out of sight in the distance, I sense that the coast is clear. I then dart off, in search of Shingetsu.

Stalker's POV

"So what do you think, Itachi?" Kisame asks me curiously.

"Hn, I do believe she could be of some use to us. But first, we must test her abilities,"was my reply. If she is able to get that ring back from Orochimaru, then maybe she will be worthy of joining the Akatsuki. I personally don't think she can handle it, so I will have to test how strong she is myself before I let her go near that snake, because if she falls into his hands.. we just can't let him have her fire controlling abilities..

Both Kisame and I are standing on a branch high up in a tree, watching the girl run away.

"Aren't we going after her?" questions Kisame.

"No. I already know where she is going. I saw her reading a letter this morning, she is going to meet up with her sensei because she has a new mission. After that, she's going to the Silver Stream village in the River country. We should wait for her there."

"Oh, hehe, alright then."

We both simultaneously disappear, headed to the Silver Steam village.



Author's Note and disclaimers: I will only say this once throughout this story, Naruto and all other related characters are copyright to Masashi Kishimoto. Akane and Shingetsu are my own creations and belong to me. R&R, thanks again!