Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Cursed Twelve ❯ Team Formed, Team Demolished 7 ( Chapter 7 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Cursed Twelve 1 Team Formed, Team Demolished
Chapter 7
Follow Your Heart
 
Samuno races through the forest, remaining alert for anyone who may not be who they claim to be.
Naruto, where are you? she thinks to herself confused. Iruka-Sensei said that I would be able to find you and yet, you're no where to be found.
She stops in a tree and looks around, the tears really close to falling from her eyes. She closes her eyes and leans against the trunk of the tree, her hand over her heart.
 
"Hmm, just as I thought. If I attacked your precious Naruto,you'd get in the way,leaving the Kyuubi open for Samuno to take out," Mizuki smirks. "Right, Samuno?"
"Samuno?" Naruto asks.
"Come on out, Samuno, and finish the job," Mizuki instructs.
Samuno steps out from behind the tree,clutching a fan as though her life depended on it, her eyes brimming with tears.
"Samuno . . ." Naruto states in shock and hurt.
"I'm so sorry, Naruto," she states in a watery voice as she drops the fan. "I didn't know . . ."
"So,you're in on this,too?" Naruto asks. "You knew, and you never even told me?"
"No, Naruto . . ."
"Why would she tell you? You're just a monster, Kyuubi!" Mizuki interrupts.
Naruto's eyes widen with the look of betrayal.
"No, Naruto, please . . ."
Samuno's voice goes ignored as Naruto takes off into the forest.
"Naruto!" Iruka and Samuno shout after him.
 
Naruto, you probably hate me right now, she thinks as the tears start to fall. You probably never want to see me again.
She slides down into a sitting position with her knees pulled up to her chest and tucks her face into her arms, just letting the tears out.
 
"Iruka-Sensei, I really didn't know . . ." Samuno swears as she runs over to help him up.
"I know, just go after Naruto, you're the only one who can possibly get through to him right now," Iruka instructs.
"But, what about you, and Mizuki-Sensei? I can't stand up to Mizuku-Sensei."
"Don't worry about that, just go to Naruto," Iruka repeats.
"But, how do I find him?"
"Just follow your heart; it'll lead you right to him. Yourguys' friendshipistoo close for something like this to affect. Go."
"Yes, Iruka-Sensei," Samuno bows and takes off into the forest to find her best friend.
 
Iruka-Sensei was wrong, this is too much. I mean, I came out here to kill him. How can he ever forgive me?
"Naruto, let me help you," Iruka's voice calls out.
Samuno look up immediately to see two forms run past in the appearance of Iruka and Naruto.
No, neither of those is Naruto, Samuno realizes and then gasps to herself. I can tell. I can tell that neither of those are Naruto. Maybe Iruka wasn't so wrong after all.
The one who has taken Naruto's form head butts the one who appears to be Iruka and they both fall to the ground. Samuno looks over the edge at them to see the one appearing to be Iruka transform into Mizuki.
"How did you know?" Mizuki asks in an annoyed and shocked tone.
"Because, I'm Iruka," the one pretending to be Naruto pants as it transforms back into Iruka with a log in place of the scroll.
So, where's Naruto?
Suddenly something hits her and she looks down at the trunk of the tree behind her to find the real Naruto hiding with the scroll as he catches his breath.
There he is. Iruka was right. I found my way right to him; I just didn't take the time to look around.