Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Cursed Twelve ❯ Team Formed, Team Demolished 9 ( Chapter 9 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Cursed Twelve 9 What Keeps Naruto Alive
 
Authors Note: Ok, I know that it is never good to start a story, or a chapter, with author notes, but I am getting tired of receiving reviews accusing me of having Mary-Sue characters, "crapping upon the *canon*," or stealing other's ideas. For starters, if you think my character is a Mary-Sue then I'm sorry you feel that way, because in my knowledge my characters have too many problems to be Mary-Sue's. Second, this is a FANFICTION, the cannon will not always be followed, if you don't like it, tough. Stop reading fanfiction's. Third, I never get a chance to read anymore due to all of the things going on in my life, so I cannot possibly steal anyone's ideas, and I can't do anything if our characters sound alike; I CAN'T READ MINDS PEOPLE! And one last thing, never, and I mean NEVER, request that I take my story down, because I absolutely positively will NOT! I write for fun, and you can't control what goes on this site. I am not forcing you to read this story, or any for that matter. If you don't like it, the simple answer is to STOP READING IT! Don't waste both of our time by reviewing and telling me such stupid things because it will do you no good. Thank you, please enjoy.
At Hokage's house, Meloca kneels down as she addresses the old man known as the third Hokage.
"Meloca, what an unexpected surprise. To what do I owe this honor?" Sarutobi asks. "Uh . . . and young Samuno, I sense trouble."
"Yes, Lord Hokage," Meloca answers. "Samuno here was once again trying to leave the village without an adult guardian to escort her."
"Is that so? Care to explain yourself, Samuno?" Sarutobi asks, eyeing the flame haired girl.
Samuno stares down at the floor, her hands clinging to the straps of her bag.
"Thank you, Meloca, you may leave," Sarutobi nods towards the adult with pink and purple hair.
"As you wish, Lord Hokage."
Meloca takes her leave, and the room falls silent with the exception of the sound of breathing.
"I saw what happened in the forest with Mizuki, Iruka, and Naruto," Sarutobi states calmly.
"Don't act like you know anything when you don't," Samuno scolds.
"All right, settle down. What I do know is that Mizuki tricked you into doing that to Naruto. His reasons for doing it, I have no clue of. However, I do speculate that he was planning on turning you against Naruto."
Samuno looks up for the first time.
"But why would he want to do that?" she asks.
"Simple, you are the only one in the entire village who treats him as an equal. You are the only one of whom he trusts. You are the only one who does not hate him. You see, you are the only one who keeps Naruto alive."
"What are you talking about? Naruto stays alive so that he can earn the title Hokage as he deserves. He could care less who he strikes down to get there as long as in the end he earns the respect of the villagers of Konaha."
"That's where you're wrong. Though what you say is true, power is not the reason Naruto is alive today. He would have perished long ago if it were not for you, Samuno."
"I don't get it, what did I ever do?"
"It's not just you, but your entire family served to keep that boy alive."
"My family?" Samuno asks, taken aback.
"Yes. Before the Forth Hokage, Arashi Kazama, set out to seal Kyuubi within the body of an infant of whose umbilical cord had just been cut, he came to your parents and me. He asked your parents to care for Naruto, treat him as their own. He said he wanted Naruto to be treated as a hero and grow up with the love any child normally has. Of course, Kazama knew exactly what he and Naruto were walking in to. He explained to me that he would not be returning and asked me to care for Konaha in his place. Your parents automatically accepted what he had to say, and before Kazama went off to seal Kyuubi, he added that the fact that because your mother was pregnant, Naruto was ensured to have at least one friend to grow up with, and that was why he had chosen your family," Sarutobi explains.
"But, I still don't get it. I thought my parents were fighting Kyuubi," Samuno states simply one thing on her mind.
"They had, and by the time Kazama had come to us it had already been too late, your mother and father had both already been injured. Your mother was lucky to have not lost you. We believe that Mekra is the exchange for you still being allowed to live."
"So, I see how my parents saved Naruto, they took him in and took care of him, but how did I . . ."
"You don't remember the day after your parents were killed, Samuno?"
"You mean, when the orphanage came to get me but refused to take Naruto?"
Sarutobi nods, "Yes, you saved him with your stubbornness. And because of that, Naruto is alive today. Mizuki wanted to turn you against Naruto because he knows that you are the only one who can decide whether he lives or dies now. His life is completely in your hands. Only a few people understand that, unfortunately, Mizuki was one that figured it out and tried to use it against both of you for his own personal gain."