Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Curtain Call: Karei Mikkoku ❯ Private chunin hell ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own Naruto, but I do own Yuri
_________________________________________________________________ ______________________________________________________________
 
*~*
When Yuri woke up she was lying on top of me while I was hugging her.
 
I wonder if she's going to blame me for her crying? I hope not. Oh that's right today is the first day of the chunin exams. Should I wake her? If I don't and we're late she'll kill me, but I do and it's to early she'll kill me. But I can't get up because she's on top of me. I had been nice and caring. She is kind of pretty when she's asleep. Ewwww! What am I saying.
 
“Uh…Yuri…time to wake up…”, I said before she smacked me in the face. I pushed her off the bed, but she grabbed my hair and pulled me down with her. She opened her eyes and let out a long, long, long scream. “Chill out Kotuku. I didn't do anything when we were asleep.”
“GET OUT OF MY ROOM!!!!!!!!!”, she shouted angrily. I left immediately, and she changed out of her pajamas.
 
She had a rough night last night and I think I should make her breakfast. No, she probably wouldn't like me in her kitchen.
 
“Come on we're gonna be late.”, she said.
“Don't you want breakfast?”, I exclaimed.
“I do `cause I didn't have dinner, but we have to go get Tenten and Lee.”, Yuri said as we walked through the door. Lee was sitting on his porch and was really surprised that I was with Yuri. He was more concerned that Yuri and I were getting along. Anyway, we walked down the street to Tenten's house and Tenten had the same reaction as Lee. She just stood there with a smile on her face.
________________________________________________
 
“Oh I'm so happy… you're getting along.”, Tenten said as the group of four walked to the ninja academy. Two boys were blocking the door to the first part of the chunin exams.
 
“Is someone as talentless as you really planning to take the chunin selection exams? Why bother? Bunch of wet-behind-the-ears snotnoses!”, a boy said with a smirk as he hit Lee down.
“You said it!”, the other boy said.
“Please…we're begging you…let us in.”, Tenten said as we walked towards the boys. They smaked her down while other students stared in aww. Tenten can handle herself so I stayed out of it.
“What did you say? You miss understand! We're just trying to spare you. The chunin exam is incredibly difficult… and we should know. We've failed three times so far. There are those who made it, then immediately gave up being shinobi… others who ended up crippled… some reduced to vegetables… we've seen it all!”, the first boy said, “Besides that, chunin are cell commanders. They lead their units. The responsibilities for failed missions and dead shinobi rests firmly on their shoulders. And you little punks have the nerve to apply. We're saving a step by weeding out the obvious losers beforehand.”
“That's sounds good in theory… … but you'd better let me through. And drop the force-field illusion you've created, while you're at it. I have business on the third floor.”, said a kid with navy blue hair.
“So you figured it out, eh?”, the second boy who was blocking the door.
“It was easy. Right, Sakura? You were probably the first to notice it. You're the most analytical and best in our cell at understanding the art of illusion.”, navy blue- boy exclaimed.
“Of course I noticed it. Obviously, we're still on the second floor.”, that Sakura girl said as if she were all that and a bag of chips.
“Of course.”, said a blonde orange boy. The illusion wore off and the sign on the door behind the two boys. Instead of 301 it read 201.
“Hey not bad. But just seeing through it isn't … … enough!!” yelled the obnoxious boy who was blocking the door as he through a kick a navy blue-boy. He through a kick too, but Lee caught both legs and let go.
 
“Hey…that's not what we agreed! You're the one who insisted we not draw attention to ourselves.”, Neji commented. And even though he was speaking to Lee, he looked at me.
“B…But…”, Lee mumbled.
“Here we go again…”, Tenten sighed. Lee walked over to that big-forheaded Sakura girl.
 
“Hi. My name is Rock Lee. You're Sakura aren't you? Would you like to go out with me? I'll protect you with my life!”
“NO…WAY. You are way out of hand!”, Sakura said as Lee bowed his head with disappointment. It made me wish I had said yes when he asked me.
 
“Hey, you!”, Neji said, “What's your name?”
“It's common courtesy to give your own name first.”, navy blue-boy said.
“You're a rookie aren't you? How old?”
“I don't' have to tell you a thing.” I was becoming so pissed with Neji and navy blue-boy.
“Okay he's Hyuga, Neji. Who're you.”, I shouted.
“What's you're name?”
“I don't care who you are… I just want you to answer pretty-boy over there because if he doesn't get the answers he wants, I don't here the ennnmmm…” Neji put his hand over my mouth and pulled me away from blue-boy. Lee disappeared for awhile and when he returned in room that the first of chunin exams would take place a bunch of new kids were making a huge ruckus and pissing me off. A boy dressed in purple told them to shut up and then I put my music headphones on and ignored them until our proctor came in. I could see him talking, but I didn't hear him. I handed him my paper work and he handed me a number. He lifted one of my ear buds and said, “I don't allow music in here young lady.” I paused my music, took off my headphones and placed them in his hand. Then I sat down were I was supposed to. The proctor explained the rules and we began the test. I didn't start for about five minutes after we were supposed to. I was just staring at the bored like a mindless idiot. I had already figured out that most people had to cheat to pass. I didn't though. I had quickly figured out all the questions and filled in eight of the nine questions. When the ninth question was finished I turned over my paper, and put my head on the desk while staring at the hot proctor sitting on my side of the room. There were thirty minutes until the tenth question would be reviled, and students were being thrown out right and left. After awhile I fell asleep. I woke up to that obnoxious orange boy slamming his hand on his desk and yelling to Ibiki, our proctor. A new proctor swooped in from the window, and was speaking with Ibiki. She sent us home after telling us that her name was Anko and that we were in for a rude awakening tomorrow. The next morning everyone who was left in the chunin exams gathered around Anko who was standing in front of and fenced forest. She explained to us the rules, and handed out consent forms.
 
“Those of you who are in the private chunin exams get your butts up here.”, Anko said as we walked up to the front. There were about nine of us. Anko handed us a green arm band. “Put those on.”, she demanded as we put them on. She raised some kid's arm… “Listen! Everyone wearing these arm bands will not receive a scroll. They will be collecting one unraveled earth and heaven scroll. Do NOT attack them. You nine will be by yourselves. And there is no guaranty that any of you will pass so you have to be careful.” , she said as we started walking to gate #44. I could see that that chicken butt hair styled navy blue-boy was starring at me while he walked over to Neji to probably ask him why I was in the private chunin exams. Anyway, we waited until the starting time of the second phase of the chunin exams. The proctor unlocked the gate and the nine of us dispersed, going in different directions. I found a group of three and did a mind control jutsu to get them to open their earth scroll. They were knocked unconscious and I got down from the tree and picked up the unraveled scroll. I slowly walked to the tower in the center of the gate. It took about four of the five days and I still only had the earth scroll. I had found the big-foreheaded girl and navy blue-boy and their teammate eating fish and I saw an unraveled heaven scroll. I walked passed them and picked up the scroll, and chucked the wrapped scroll I had found yesterday at that chicken butt hair styled navy blue-boy.
 
“Why the hell did you just through this at me!”, he shouted angrily at me while gripping the scroll.
“I would have said heads up, but I don't know your name.”, I said with a smirk.
“If you want to know my name so bad then just tell me your name.”
“I would, but Neji probably already told you my name.”
“You're pretty smart…Yuri Kotuku.”
“So you do know my name. Then what's the point of telling you?”
“Fair enough. My name is Uchiha Sasuke. That's Haruno Sakura, and Uzumaki Naruto.”
“You can keep that scroll.”, I said as Sasuke tossed it into the fire as the orange Naruto boy totally lost it.
“Why'd ya do that Sasuke?! We just got the scroll we needed and you toss them into the fire. Are you mental?”, Naruto shouted. I had already disappeared when Naruto turned back to see if I had another scroll.
 
That Sasuke kid is even worse than Neji.
 
I walked into the building and stood in the center of the huge room while chatting with Temari. Kankuro wouldn't stop playing with his puppet and Gaara just stood in the corner of the room.
 
I think that Gaara needs a hug. And Neji and Sasuke would probably LOVE the fact that I'd be dead. No funeral for me, oh NO I'd get a “We're so happy that she's goneparty. As much as I love Temari she could be a little more motherly towards Gaara. Kankuro too. I can see why he likes Temari more than Kankuro.
 
Looking around I could tell there was going to be battles. “I hope I get to fight that Uchiha Sasuke character. Wouldn't he be humbled by the fact that he was beaten by a bitchy girl like me.”, I said.
“You're not bitchy. And don't you think that Uchiha is kind of cute.”
“Definitely NOT!”, I shouted angrily, “I just hope I don't get paired with Gaara. He's nice and all, but he has some emotional problems.”
“If you really hate Sasuke that much then why don't you just wish he gets paired up with Gaara?”, Temari asked, “Wait we're doing battles? Did you use your sue justu?”
“It's totally obvious, but …YES!”, I shouted. Now everyone was staring at me. Even Gaara. “It's hard to believe that I met Gaara before I met you, Temari.”
“No kidding. I think he liked you when you first met, but that was before he got those emotional issues.”, Temari whispered.
“When we first met he didn't have the mark on his forehead either.”
“Can you remember it?”, Temari asked.
 
___________________________Begin Flashback____________________________
 
 
Yuri walked over to the swings and up to the little boy with the teddy bear. “Is anyone sitting on this other swing?”, she asked. The little boy looked up as if she were a shining beacon of hope.
“you're not from around here are you?”, he asked.
“Nope. My mama is a medicine lady, and my uncle is sick so we're just making him feel better.”, Yuri said with a smile, “Hi I'm Kotuku Yuri. Who're you?”
“Y-You're not afraid?”, the little boy asked.
“Should I be?”
“I'm Gaara.”
“I like your bear.”, Yuri said as Gaara heard a bunch of kids sigh heavily because their ball was on the top of a wall. Yuri walked over to get a better of the ball when it slowly floated down from the wall. Everyone freaked out that the ball landed in Gaara's hands. They all started to run away and one pulled Yuri with them.
 
“Wait…”, Gaara screamed as he shot his had out. Sand chased and attacked everyone…including Yuri. The kid who had hold of Yuri's arm let go and both were attacked by the sand. A man jumped in front of the only kid in the bunch who hadn't been attacked by the sand. After the sand stopped the man helped the four kids home while Yuri walked up to the crying Gaara. “I-I-I'm sorry.”
“It's just a few cuts and bruises. Would you mind if I came over to your house. I could really use some band aids. And don't worry I'm not mad.”, Yuri said. Gaara blushed.
“My sister might have a shirt you could barrow.”, Gaara said as they stared walking to Gaara's house. They walked into the house and Gaara's siblings were really surprised to see Yuri. The sister pulled Yuri away from Gaara and into a bright purple room.
 
“Are you okay. Did Gaara threaten to kill you?”, she asked.
“No. I accidentally got hurt and he was just helping me.”, Yuri said, “Who are you?”
“oh I'm Gaara older sister. And that's my younger brother and his older brother.”, she said pointing at the little boy with a kitty eared hat on.
“oh.”
“… and you are…”
“Kotuku Yuri.”
“for your safety I would suggest you stay away from Gaara.”
“alright”, Yuri said as she walked up to Gaara with the Bandages on her wounds and whispered, “I didn't tell them who hurt me.” She politely thanked Gaara and his siblings and walked back to her uncle's house.
____________________________End Flashback____________________________
 
all of the teams that had passed were in their rows. Only two other people in the private chunin exams were there with me. The third hokage was now explaining the rules to us and that jerky purple boy just gave up and quit. Anko-sensei instructed us to the top of the rafters and they would call the first to names.