Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Curtain Call: Karei Mikkoku ❯ long day- really long day ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
Disclaimer: I don't own Naruto, but I do own Yuri
_________________________________________________________________ _____________________________________________________________
______________________*Yuri*_______________________
We waited for the arena's computer to randomly select two names for the battles to begin. It was sifting through names and then it suddenly stopped. It read Sasuke Uchiha vs. Yoroi Akado. Both terrible looking boys got down from the rafters. “Begin!” the proctor shouted and they started fighting. Ibiki had given me back my music set before I had left the first phase of the chunin exams, so I put them on… and… before I knew it the fight was over. I was very depressed that he didn't have to fight Gaara, but vis-à-vis. Anyway, Sasuke left with a white haired joinin that had come down from the rafters and the computer shuffled the remaining names. It read Tsuki Tama vs. Yuri Kotuku. There is no frickin' way that I have to fight next. And it has to be another person from the private chunin exams. She's probably in the private exams `cause she probably has a rage issue. CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
“I'm not gonna fight her!”, I whispered to Temari as Kankuro picked me up and through me over the rafters. Kankuro's such a jerk!... Here we go… I shot Kankuro and Temari a dirty look and sighed as I turned to my opponent (the short, a-line cut blonde).
 
“Ready… BEGIN!”, the proctor shouted. Tsuki lept away from me, and I plucked a single strand of hair from my head. All of a sudden millions of wires appeared all over the room, and Tsuki stopped right in her tracks. I pulled the string I had in my hand and the wires around that stupid girl cut her to ribbons, but she didn't give up… or die. Damn it! She pulled out a kunai and sliced the wires.
_____________________________________________
*~*
“SUE JUSTU!!”, Yuri shouted. She froze and Tsuki took the opportunity given to her and charged at Yuri. She got in 6 feet of distance of the frozen girl and Tsuki hit an invisible (unless you hit it, then it's blue) force field-thing. Yuri broke from her trance and stared at Tsuki who was on the floor. She got up and charged at Yuri again. Yuri reached for her lily hairpiece in her kunai pouch and through it at Tsuki's left lung. It missed, but it hit her left arm. Yuri jumped over her opponent and grabbed the hairpiece from the ground. She took one drop of blood from the pin and put it away. “You should've given up before we started, girl. I actually would have let you live, but you decided to fight and that was a BIG mistake… Now you get to die.”, Yuri said as her pretty indigo eyes turned into pus-colored snake eyes. She pulled the chakra from the blood, and it was surprisingly green. A shot formed around the green chakra and it was huge. It was Yuri's dangan jutsu Yuri jumped to be behind Tsuki, and pushed the giant needle into the girls' back. Tsuki started to cry, while Yuri smirked and began to push the shot in. A hand suddenly grabbed Yuri's wrist. It was Guy-sensei. Yuri pulled away and the shot disappeared. “She deserved to die, Guy-sensei, she lost.”, Yuri whispered.
“No Yuri, just because she lost doesn't mean that she has to die.”, Guy-sensei mumbled.
“That's what you say when I'm about to kill Neji. You say it over and over and I'm sick of it. Why won't you let me have the joy of killing the insignificant worm that lost to me?!”, Yuri's quiet whispering had grown to a small yell, “ I HATE YOU GUY-SENSEI!!!!!” , Yuri yelled as she ran out the exit. She had won, but to Yuri she hadn't won until her opponent was dead. When she left the fights continued, but Guy-sensei wanted to chase after Yuri. Lee reassured him that she was just blowing off steam. Was she? Anyway, Yuri walked out into the courtyard and interrupted the conversation of purple-boy and some familiar man.
______________________*Yuri*_______________________
 
“…uh… oh…sorry…”, I said to the two guys that were staring at me. One of them pulled out an oddly shaped kunai, while the other continued to lean on one of the pillars.
“Kabuto…”, the familiar man leaning on the pillar said with a smirk, and that purple, Kabuto-guy stopped right then and there. I was so confused. Why did that guy just try to kill me? Why did that man protect me? Why does he seem so familiar? Could he be…? No! Could he…? Could he really be my father? No definitely not! Mom says that dad is dead…there is no way…
“…um…you don't need to get so upset that I interrupted you conversation…”, I said unsurely and slightly scared, “I didn't even hear that much…and I swear on my life I won't tell…I'll probably forget in like an hour from now…”, I fast walked back into the battle room after that…
____________________________________________
*~*
Yuri left the courtyard deck and the two men just watched her quietly as she left. “Lord Orochimaru why didn't you let me kill her?”, Kabuto yelled angrily.
“Ah,…She's grown up oh so much in the last, … what was it?... 13 years. It's almost the end of her mother's purpose. When my child is old enough to fight for me….Kabuto…I want you to keep a close eye on that little girl. When the time is right she will be mine.”, he said.
“Yes Lord Orochimaru…”,Kabuto said unsurely.
 
Meanwhile…back in the battle room…
 
The battles were almost done, only one more battle. Some silly, fat kid was fighting some weird guy. This won't take long. Maybe I should give them a makeover. They are SO not worth my time and exhort. I'm bored. I'll go see Lee in the infirmary. Yuri tried to leave the room, but when she got to the stairs the last fight was over, and she had to go get in line with all the other people who had won their battles. Yuri was the only one in the private chunin exams who was in the final rounds. Neji, Temari, Kankuro, and Gaara had made it too. Anko came by with a box and everyone who had passed pulled a piece of paper with a number on it. Yuri got number seven. They went down the row saying their numbers…
“I have 8”
“I got 1”, Naruto said.
“10”, Temari said.
“5”, Kankuro exclaimed.
“3…”, Gaara claimed.
“9”
“2”, Neji said.
“I have 7”, Yuri said.
“6”
“So Uchiha will have number 4.”, Ibiki said.
“Good. And I will now reveal the match order for the tournament-style finals!!”, the Third hokage said, “Well Ibiki, show them the pairings.”
“Yes sir.”, Ibiki said as he held up a piece of cardboard.
________________________________________________
 
WHAT THE HELL?! Why do I have to fight… wait who's Dosu? Well I guess I'll find out.
 
There was this hugely long conversation-thingy and then…the third said, “You are dismissed until one month from now!”
 
Wait my birthday is in a month. Do I really have to fight on my 13th birthday? DAMN IT… Well I can get out my “ I don't know my dad and probably never will…” angers. As long as I don't have to fight Gaara I'll be fine.
 
And then we left. Outside, Neji came up to me…probably to insult me and my tantrum from earlier, he gave me a smirk and kept walking.
 
I let out a big sigh and ran to work. Neji and I would have to walk home together because mom's hangin' out with that old-man of a boyfriend at the hot springs. I'd rather put up with my future “dad” than put up with Neji Hyuga. Anyway, I ran through the back gate of the Hyuga estate and into the kitchen, I pulled out the ingretiance and bowls from my section of the pink-tiled kitchen (I was making chocolate moose tonight). In walked Hinata, and she quietly sat on the brown stool next to my station. Her head was down as usual and she had a sun hairpin in her violet hair. She had a piece of paper crunched up in her hands. And she was sweating up a storm.
“…Um…Y-Yuri-s-san… I have your-your paycheck for the month”, Hinata forced all of that out at once. The head of the Hyuga household came in. Hinata bowed her head in shame and scrambled out in a disappointed and frightened manner. I faced Hyuga-sama with a stern face.
 
“My daughter gave you your paycheck, correct?”, he stated.
“Yes sir, she did.”, I answered.
“Good. You can leave the dessert out for the other chefs and go home with Neji.”
“Isn't Neji eating with the Hyugas?”, I asked.
“He said that he would eat with you, since he is staying with you for awhile.”, Hyuga-sama said.
“Oh,… alright. Thank you sir.”, I said as he walked to the door of the kitchen.
Then, all of the other cooks in the kitchen said, “oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo”, like teenage girls. Anyway, I finished the dessert and walked out of the kitchen and through the humongous dining room, into and down the hallway, and to the bastard Neji's room. I knocked once on the door and he opened it with that stupid, semi-cute smirk on his face. Huh? What the hell am I saying?! He is defiantly not cute in any way possible. Please tell me that I don't like him…NO!!!!!!! I looked at him and say him again and…
 
“Wipe that dumb ass smile off of your face Neji and let's go home together”, I almost through up by saying that end part of that sentence. Putting that aside, we walked home together. It was the longest walk of my life…or at least it seemed to be the longest walk of my life. I unlocked the door of my house and stepped inside. Neji followed…or should I say was going to before I slammed the door in his face and locked him out… I did that to mom's boyfriend once when he was unbelievably drunk. I didn't let him in, but I had to let Neji in, so I let him pound on the door for about 5 minutes, and then let him in. Our dinner was already cooking. It was 8:30 and dark outside, so I let him put the chicken and rice on the dishes and place them on the counter while I changed into my pajamas.
______________________*Neji*_______________________
 
When Yuri walked back into the cramped kitchen of hers, she was wearing a long, pink noodle strap shirt with a bow across her chest and two on the bottom, and a pair of aqua-green campee-pants. She was barefoot, and that was okay, since she was in her own home, but for the first time I noticed that she had a snake-tongue shaped tattoo or birthmark thing on her left ankle.
 
I wonder if it has anything to do with her father?
 
Anyway, we ate silently, after we were through, Yuri cleared the dishes and went to her room. I followed. She didn't go and sit on her bed with a voodoo doll of me… like she did six nights ago, instead she opened the sliding-glass doors to her balcony and walked out closing them behind her. She was acting differently than usual…like she was in a trance… she didn't notice that I was in her room, she just stood there and stared up at the sky dismally. Suddenly, she glimpsed from the sky to the ground and saw something because she ran out of her room (still ignoring me) and right out the front door. I saw her talking to that rooky from earlier yesterday (the one with the blue hair). She probably didn't know that the Uchiha child lived down the street from her.
 
What an idiot of a girl Yuri can be. She can be a bitch sometimes too. I don't know how Tenten and Lee can put up with her?!
 
I walked out of Yuri's house to the (talking very loud) brats. I grabbed Yuri's wrist and I dragged her back into her house. She gave me a dirty look and stormed of to her room with a MAJOR vein pulse. (I'm guessing she's gonna go gab a voodoo doll of me right now) I followed her to her room. Want to know what I saw nest… Yuri was jabbing the voodoo doll with a screw driver. She noticed I was standing in her doorway and she actually through the screw driver at my head. I dodged and was very unhappy that she had upgraded from throwing a pillow at me to a screw driver.
 
What's next an ax?!
 
I was so pissed at her…I turned off her lights, shut the door, reopened it again, shouted “GOOD NIGHT!!!”, and slammed the door shut again. I leaned against her door keeping locked in and considering if what I did was wise. I leaned against her door for about 25 minutes longer, and then when I reopened the door she was gone. Her window was open…
 
I am going to kill that girl.
______________________________________________
*~*
Yuri ran down the cold and lonely streets of Konoha puffing and letting her hair (which was undone) get tangled in the wind. She stopped at the training ground that she had originally had seen those three colorful team of ninja that she met in the forest of death. She held her huffing breaths in a hushed tone to see the boy Yuri had liked for ages…Gaara. She would never admit it to him though. Gaara moved his head in Yuri's direction and she tucked even further behind the tree she had beaten the crap out of in training two months ago.
 
Gaara knew that Yuri was there, but didn't care as he got off the log and walked in Yuri's main direction. She panicked. Yuri turned to run when she hit a wall of sand. The sand clenched around her right wrist tightly and forced her to turn to Gaara. Yuri was about four centimeters shorter than Gaara, and she looked down at the ground while he gripped her free hand. Gaara held it gently (but still so that she couldn't snatch it from him), but you could see that he was in “a mood.” And not a good mood either. He could rip off her arm if he wanted. He wouldn't, but he could.
______________________*Yuri*_______________________
 
I was slightly scared, but I couldn't help but blush. The sand around my hand fell to the ground, but now I had a red mark on my wrist. Gaara had the hand he was holding up against his right cheek.
 
I don't want to die from Gaara's sand… -_- great now I'm a sissy. Damn!
 
He lifted his right hand and placed it on my right cheek. After two minutes of us standing in the darkness of the night with our hands on each other's cheeks… Gaara took his hand off of my face, and pulled mine from his. He suddenly clenched it tightly. I cringed in pain, and he let go. Gaara vanished from in front of me, and then everything went black.
______________________________________________
*~*
Gaara held Yuri's body gently in his arms. Neji ran up to the training grounds huffing from running all over the village to find Yuri. For some reason he couldn't find her with his byakugan. Anyway, Neji stood in shock while he was starting to form his byakugan. Gaara walked up to him and placed Yuri in his arms, and walked away. Neji looked at her with disappointed eyes.
 
“I'll bust you for running away from your own home tomorrow, but for now we're going home.”, Neji whispered as he began to walk back to Yuri's house.
 
When Yuri woke up the next morning Hinata was in her house… and Neji was cooking.