Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Daisuki ❯ Dream ( Chapter 2 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Disclaimer// Do I even need to tell you?
 
Daisuki; Dream
 
 
If Sakura had been in a mood where she didn't want any attention drawn to her, the person she was walking with would not have helped the cause. Staring would not be the word for it. Gawking, that was much more fitting. The girl couldn't blame the females on the side of the streets though; she was having a hard enough time not looking over while he was trying to make conversation.
 
"I must be talking too much Sakura san. You haven't said…well, anything at all." He watched pink come to here cheeks in confusion, was he embarrassing her? Lee brushed that idea from his head. There was no way that Sakura could ever become flustered because of him.
 
"I'm sorry, Lee san…I suppose I don't talk much with anyone." She answered softly, keeping her eyes ahead of her even though she felt her cheeks grow hot.
 
"You? Not talk much with anyone?" The taijutsu specialist skipped forward and intercepted her, causing the strawberry blonde to stop in her tracks and face him head on. "Am I missing something, Sakura?"
 
His formality was gone. Lee was concerned now. God, she was an idiot. If she had only lied…
 
Swallowing hard her emerald eyes followed his waist and all over his upper body. They paused as his chin, taking a peek at those tempting lips. Then…she slapped both hands over her eyes in attempt to fix their wandering problem. "Please Lee san! Don't stand in front of me!"
 
He stared at her, biting back his laughter and wondering when this shy little flower in Sakura had come about. Lee was used to that firecracker personality, but from the time he had left to now, something had changed. Grateful that he was taller, he used his index to poke through her fingers, spreading them apart so he could get a look at that gaze he held close to his heart. "Sakura," The boy said softly, "you don't have to be so shy, it's only me." His lips spread into a grin and the kunoichi allowed her hands to slowly fall at her side.
 
"You would tell me, if something was troubling you, right?" He asked. When she hesitated with her answer the latter straightened back up, looking around for any sort of distraction. Lee spotted Ichiraku in the distance. "Actually, I think I forgot to eat my lunch on the way back into Konoha, would you mind coming along to Ichiraku with me?"
 
He looked back to her with that reassuring grin, as if it was alright if she didn't want to say anything now, that he would wait for an answer when she was ready to give one. Sakura gave a nod and followed slowly after him. To be fair the other pulled back on the upper part of his suit, maybe now the girl wouldn't have such a hard time looking at him. Once inside Ichiraku Lee ordered for the both of him, brushing off the kunoichi's protests when he said he would pay.
 
They ate in silence, taking in every other conversation or noise around them instead of making awkward exchanges of words because really, Sakura would be embarrassed to divulge what had been going on in her life during his absence.
 
"Ahhhh~ That was great. I've missed Konoha!" Lee said as he set the chopsticks across the top of the bowl, patting his still lean abdomen. He glanced over at her mostly untouched bowl, parting his lips to make a joke but all of a sudden she had found her voice.
 
"I haven't said much of anything to anyone in the past few months. It hasn't gone over well with the people who I'm supposed to be friends with," Sakura began quietly. "Naruto…Naruto is the only one that has been so nice to me about it. I really didn't deserve it, but he kept trying to get me to be the way I used to be. Every time he came back from missions, he would take me out, and tell me the things they had done, and ask me how I was even though I never answered." She reached up to brush away the small tears now cornering her eyes but Lee beat her to it, taking them away gently with his thumb. "I know you don't want to hear it, because it's always about him, and I'm so pathetic--"
 
"Sakura san…you're not pathetic at all. You're human. And it's alright if it's about him, I enjoy talking with you, it doesn't matter the subject."
 
She stared at him for a moment, unsure if what she was hearing had really been said. "Lee, I…"
 
"It's getting a bit late, how about some drinks at your place?" He had quickly changed the topic out of concern for her; having a tearful Sakura on his hands would in some ways be an opening for comfort, but right now making advances towards the vulnerable kunoichi wasn't at the top of his things to do list.
 
Sakura pursed her lips, "You don't really handle alcohol so well, Lee."
 
"That's what they say, but I know how much I can hold now. Don't worry; I won't trash the place…on purpose anyway." He left the money on the counter and allowed Sakura to lead the way this time, since it was her apartment and all. It wasn't too long of a walk for the two, the girl allowing Lee in first and then shutting the door behind her. The air inside was cool, the living room tidy and rather boring, but since she had moved in when her isolation first began she chalked it up to depressed laziness.
 
The boy set his shoes at the entranceway while taking in the bland apartment as well; maybe it was worse than he thought. Lee took a seat on the couch, waiting patiently until Sakura came back from the kitchen with a tray of glasses and array of liquor choices.
 
"Well, have you been collecting these while I was gone?" He laughed, seeing that she had almost every brand under the sun.
 
"Left overs from Ino's birthday…" She poured a small amount for him and a regular amount for herself, taking a seat on the rug in front of the couch near the other's legs. As the drinking progressed Lee thought it best that their conversation consisted of happier things. Now that Sakura was slightly intoxicated it wouldn't be too hard to steer her into a good mood. Over the next few hours they talked about the events of their childhood, when Naruto had first stumbled into their lives, their academy graduation, Iruka, Kakashi, and Gai sensei, the chuunin exam, even the time of Lee's surgery despite the toll it had taken on him.
 
Inwardly he cursed himself as he watched the kunoichi laugh and hold her stomach; all of this was the alcohol. He was drowning her sorrows, trying to make her forget. It was completely selfish but oh, how he missed that happy girl. Those onyx eyes took in that carefree grin, watching as she tucked strawberry strands behind her ear, all but daydreaming as those emerald eyes stared back at him, full of expressions as she told the story of Kakashi's bell test with enthusiasm.
 
"And oh Lee! Do you remember how the first time I met you, I was so scared of you! You said--"
 
"Sakura san! Please allow me to be your boyfriend, I will always protect you!" He said before grinning stupidly while she busted up below him.
 
In the next moment he felt like he was caught in a dream. He was sure of it.
 
"Hey Lee…"
 
It wasn't a normal voice. It was a drawl, he would go as far to say a purr even. Then fingertips were sliding up his knees and a giggle escaped her.
 
"Do you still want to be my boyfriend?"
 
This really wasn't happening, but the girl slithering into his lap begged to differ. Her fingers slid into his hair, tugging ever so slighty while she looked at him from her straddling position. Their noses touched and his entire body shivered.
 
This really, honestly, not even in his wildest fantasies, could be happening.
 
His disbelief was interrupted by soft laughter, "Come on, slip off that suit Lee kun…" She grinned and then proceeded to close the gap between their lips.
 
The kiss met his hand.
 
"Not like this, Sakura." Lee whispered. The girl was too drunk to care about his protest, groaning and falling into a slump against his chest. Sighing heavily he picked her up and set her down on the couch properly, reaching for the nearest blanket to cover her with. The boy gazed down at her now slumbering figure, unhappy with himself for letting her get that far.
 
But in that moment, the tiniest of smiles held her lips while she slept, and any regret he held vanished.
 
Love makes you do crazy things, insane things. Things in a million years you'd never see yourself do. But there you are doing them...you can't help it.
 
 
[NOTES]
To be honest, I didn't like this chapter until the end.
Imo, it's a bit slow, and rather sloppy.
But I'm too lazy to backspace it all and write it again.
Chapter 3 will be better.
I promise.
<3usagi