Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Daisuki ❯ Loose Ends and A Morning Promise ( Chapter 3 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own Lee or Sakura or any character of Naruto! ;___;
 
Daisuki Ch. 3
Loose Ends and A Morning Promise
 
"Good morning little alcoholic," A glassful of water came down onto the girls face, causing her to sputter and tumble from the comfort of her couch. "Nice to see you're finally awake."
 
A loud groan escaped Sakura as she struggled to sit up on the now wet floor, holding her head in excruciating pain, "Ohhh…what the hell was that for?" The kunoichi growled at her attacker, narrowing her eyes at the blonde standing over her. Ino grinned and waved away the glare she was receiving from the latter.
 
"That's probably the first actual expression of emotion I've seen on your face in months. Anyway, this is an intervention."
 
"An intervention? What the hell, it was one night!" Sakura shot back with venom, rolling her eyes.
 
"Not with alcohol you idiot!" Ino replied quickly, pointing at her pink-haired companion. "I, as well as everyone else, have grown tired of your over-emotional, drama queen, down-in-the-dumps demeanor. And as much as I hate to admit it, I volunteered to start off the process." The girl shifted to cross her arms over her chest, that long ponytail of gold swaying behind her. "And don't even try to say no, you know I have my ways." She added with a cheshire grin.
 
Sakura stared at her for what seemed like a long period of time, studying her expression and waiting for her ex-rival in love to break into a fit of laughter and say she was only joking. Finally with a deep exhale of breath she got up from her drenched seat on the floor, droplets of water still falling from the edges of her usual red dress. Clearing her throat she pushed her way past Ino without a reply, going behind the counter in the kitchen only to put on a pot of tea.
 
The other girl watched quizzically but with interest; just what was Sakura planning to do? The blond kunoichi came out of her daze when she heard an almost silent response come from the latter. "What was that?" She asked quietly.
 
"What I was saying, was that I never meant to be sad. Maybe that isn't the right way to put it." She dipped the teabag into the hot water, staring at it as if it were a crystal ball holding all of her answers. "The love I held for Sasuke was real, every single tear and smile meant somethingand then without warning all of it was gone. Even though it was never given in return, it felt like a part of my heart had been taken from me, no, not felt like, it was taken away."
 
The sugar faded into the cup as the spoon turned her tea into a whirlpool and suddenly she wished it was Naruto in front of her in Ino's place. That other blond, with that stupid grin and sky-blue eyes, ready to make her smile even though she knew he felt just as heartbroken as she did. The tears slipped down her cheeks and onto the countertops, tiny splatters of all the sadness she had been bottling up inside.
 
There was a brief clatter of metal on the floor as the spoon fell from Sakura's fingers, now clutching onto Ino as the tears fell freely; the last time she would ever need to cry for him. The quiet sobs were the entire conversation that passed between them, the other girl's cheek pressed into those rose pink strands, overcome by the moment they were suddenly sharing.
 
"Sakura," The blonde said softly, running a hand gently over her hair. "Sakura…" Ino lifted her head when she heard foot steps pad carefully across the hardwood floor, stopping when their owner spotted the scene in the kitchen. Lee had come back in the morning to check up on the rose-haired kunoichi, but it seemed that Ino had done everything she said she would. His lips fell into a soft smile, inclining his head towards the other in acknowledgement before excusing himself from the house.
 
He held his hand over his head to shield his eyes from the bright morning sun and as his vision adjusted to the light Lee found himself grinning that wild smile, "I'll be the one to make you smile from now on, Sakura chan, just you wait."
 
"Oiii, Lee kun! If you're late, Gai Sensei will make you run laps around the village for sure!" Tenten's voice brought him out of his daydream, waving him down from across the road, an apathetic Neji by her side. That grin never fading he ran after them, glancing back over his shoulder at Sakura's home; Lee was never one to break a promise.
 
//NOTES
 
So here's chapter 3, FINALLY! I know it took me forever, I kept putting it off and off, but now it's here! It isn't very long, but I'm satisfied with it and what I was trying to get across. The next chapter will be a lot happier, promise! Lovelovelove~Usagi