Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Desert Lily ❯ Differences ( Chapter 3 )

[ A - All Readers ]
Naruto© and other related characters belong to Masashi Kishimoto
Sunaarashi/Sandstorm Miyuri belongs
to me (a.k.a. hyper_hurricane/junketsu_tsuta)

~//~ hyper_hurricane :: junketsu_tsuta ~//~

Desert Lily
Chapter 3: Differences

(Miyuri's POV)

"Miyu-chan?"
"Hm..?"
"Still not sleeping?"
"Yeah"
"Are you sure you don't want to talk about it?"
"Temari-nee, you're kind of starting to bug me..." I said, getting annoyed
"And no, I don't want to talk about it, I don't want anyone to know"
She stared at me, waiting for an answer but I didn't say anything at all.
"Well, I'll go to sleep now... you should really get some rest Miyu-chan" she said and left.
"It's nothing anyone needs to know about... I'll keep it to myself"
I sat up the rooftop thinking to myself, after a few moments I felt something...
"What took you?"
"Were you waiting?"
"..."
There was silence before I spoke again.
"...No, why would I...?"
The red-head sat beside me while I stared at the moon.



(Gaara's POV)

When I came up to the roof the first thing I saw was that annoying blonde that kept bugging me back at Suna.
"What took you?" she said, not turning around. She was staring at the moon but she knew I was there.
"Still not letting your guard down, eh?"
"Were you waiting?"
She didn't say anything at first but she answered after a while "...No, why would I...?"
I sat beside her while she was staring at the moon."You haven't been the annoying one for some time now..."
"What's it to `ya?" she asked.
What was it? I suddenly missed the annoying side of her? "What the hell am I thinking? Why would I care?"
Neither of us spoke for a while, all I could hear were the crickets.
"...Why?" I asked her suddenly.
"Huh?" she turned to me with a puzzled expression.
"Why are you acting like nothing happened?"
"Why do you care all of a sudden?" then she dropped her head to her knees.
"Just curious..."
Just now, I was the one feeling puzzled.
She never talked about it around the others, only I knew about it.
"Just the same thing, huh?" She said, raising her head up a little. I saw tears fill her eyes...



(Miyuri's POV)

"Just curious..."
"The person we thought that tried to understand us was the one who really hated us the most..." I thought.

I approached the masked kunoichi who attacked me.
My
heart was racing as I took of the mask.
"Wha-?" my
eyes widened in shock.
"W-why...?"
"I always knew I
couldn't beat you, lil' Yuu-chan..." she said then coughed blood
"Mi-Miku-s-sensei?? Wh-why?"
"
You're my most precious and special student, Miyuri" I remembered when she said that to me…
Her blood was gushing out of her wounds.
"But why-?"
"It was an order"
"What...?"
"I was ordered to assassinate you..." she said
My
eyes widened.
"By Tsuchikage-sama..."
"T-Tsuchik-kage-s-sama…?"
"W-why would he...? He wouldn't... without Raina and Kari-nee knowing-?"
"Remember 2 years ago...? You are an experiment... You were
supposed be the Gobi's container. I was assigned to keep an eye on you..."
"But after
I watched your recent missions... You can't even control its chakra... Grandfather thought you would become a threat to the whole village eventually... we couldn't let that happen..." she added
"Th-then you had no choice... right...? B-because it was the Tsuchik-"
She
cut in "No... You're wrong..."
I
was surprised.
"Yes it was the Tsuchikage's orders... but
I could've declined Grandfather's orders if I wanted to..."
"Yuu-chan..." she paused... "Deep down inside...
I really hated you..."
"What...?" You said, shocked
"If my father hadn't saved you in that fire, you would've been dead right now... and if you died back then... he would still be here... Yuu-chan...
You're the reason my father's dead... even Kari and Roan knows that..."
"Our dads were good friends right...? I tried my best to accept you...to treasure you as my own little sister just as dad treated you as his daughter... " she continued and coughed blood again... "But I couldn't...unlike Kari and Raina... they never
knew dad like I did..."
Tears
ran down my cheeks...
"I could never understand those two..."
She dropped her head,
lifeless...

"Just the same thing huh?" I said raising mmy head... I saw my vision was blurring.
"You're such a crybaby..."
"You're such a jerk" I mentally replied, wiping my tears.



(Gaara's POV)

"You're such a crybaby..." She wiped her tears before she spoke again
"I'm not with the same people who shunned me...who resented me..."
"So..?"
"I don't have any reason to hate the people here, baka..." she said.
"But once they find out-"
She cut in before I finished "That's why I told it only to you... You don't hear me bragging about being a pseudo-junchuuriki... ne?"
"Annoying but not very hard to get along with..."
I watched her as she looked back to the sky.
"I just wonder if someone ever really cared..." She said as she laid back and gazed at the stars.
"Don't get your hopes up..."
"Just shut up will you...?"
I couldn’t help but smile. She was actually the only one with the guts who say that, insult me and even talk to me for a very long while.
"She's really different...."



(Miyuri's POV)

I gazed at the stars while Gaara stared at the moon. Gaara has a reason why he isn't sleeping, while I was just cowering from a bad nightmare...
"I just don't want to hear it again..."

~//~ hyper_hurricane :: junketsu_tsuta ~//~

Author's Note: Thank you for reading chapter 3!!! 8D I hope it didn't suck…^^;

Converting /tmp/phpuX7XEi to /dev/stdout