Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Easier to Run ❯ Chapter 4 ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Easier to Run - Chapter 4
 
Disclaimer: I own nothing but Nariko.
 
***************
 
Summary: Sometimes it's easier to run away from the pain and suffering in your heart. But if you had a reason to stay, would you? Sorry, summary sucks. Anyway, please review.
 
AN: Oh yeah, sorry if Sasuke seems a bit OOC, like I said, its my first time writing a Naruto story, so please be patient. And if you need a good read (I figure I'll do this every couple of chapters) on FF.net, `Kiss the Girl' by Fleur the First. *nods*
 
REVIEWS!!
 
Silverlining - I actually started this story a couple of years ago, and I just remembered that I had it, so I kinda need to get back into the habit of writing. *nods* `Cause I didn't really like writing before, and I've just recently gotten back into it, so yeah. *nods again* And I'm rambling right now so I'll stop. *nods yet again* And thank you for working on Sight Seeing!!! *huggles*
 
Based on the song `Easier to Run' by Linkin Park
 
***************
~ It's easier to run,
Replacing this pain with something numb
It's so much easier to go
Then face all this pain here all alone. ~
 
~ From `Easier to Run' by Linkin Park
***************
 
While they were waiting around, Nariko started talking with Sakura, trying to get to know her better.
 
“So, Sakura.” Nariko started. “I know you like Sasuke-” Sakura blushed at that, “but why do you like him? And why not spend your time doing other things? Like … reading, or training or something? It seems like you know a lot about him … ”
 
Sakura turned bright red. “Um … I like him because … I like him … and … I stalk--- I mean, follow him, because … well … because … “
 
***************
 
“Yo.” Kakashi said from behind them, as he popped up, seemingly from nowhere. “Here are your things. I figured you might want them the replace your old ruined ones.” He handed Nariko a new forehead protector to replace her old and tattered one, and a new shuriken holder, because she had lost hers while wandering. She put them on, with Sasuke's help.
“So, what did you do in the seven years after Itachi killed everyone?” Nariko asked Sasuke quietly.
“I don't want to talk about it, you should get to know some of the other people you'll be spending time with.” Sasuke answered sharply.
“Okay …?” Nariko asked, surprised. So, being the obedient person she was, Nariko ran up to Naruto. “Sorry I snapped at you,” She said softly. “I'm just trying to adjust to my new surroundings and friends.”
Naruto laughed, as if in disbelief, but then he saw the look in Nariko's eyes. “You're serious, aren't you?”
She nodded. “Yuppers, I sure am… So, are you my friend?”
“I dunno, are you?” Naruto said, half-joking, half-serious.
“I guess…” Nariko brightened up. “Wow, I've never had a friend before… We should do everything together. Shopping,” Naruto cringed. “Eating…”
“I've never had a friend, either…” Naruto said.
“So, what's your background?”
“My parents got killed when I was little.” Naruto looked down at the ground.
“I feel so sorry for you; I know how it feels to lose both your parents.” Nariko said, sympathetically.
“But how would you feel if you killed them?” Naruto yelled. “It's not fair….”
He killed his parents? Why? Nariko wondered. He doesn't seem like a murderer… unless…. Nah, he couldn't be, could he? She glanced at Naruto, and surprisingly found him staring back at her.
“What happened? How did you kill your parents?” Nariko asked Naruto. “Was it an accident, or what?”
“Don't you get it already?” He said harshly. “I'm the Kyuubi!” He stared at Nariko, who was just standing there, wide-eyed and her mouth in an o-shape.
So I was right…
 
YAY!!!!! Another chappie up! I panicked one hell of a lot because I was stuck and didn't know what to write! I'm going back to school in like 3 weeks, too, so I may not update in a while! :-) Just remember, R&R!
 
Thanks,
BananaGurl