Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Eremophobia ❯ Chapter Nine ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Recap:
 
`I need to stay with Sasuke…He is my own age, and I feel a connection with him. We are so similar; yet, I can't help but feel secure around Kakashi-kun. He just seems to have this…no I can't; I can't do that to Sasuke. I only feel secure around Kakashi because he is strong, and is older that's all…I kissed him because he saved me…I think…”
 
CHAPTER NINE
 
Yuki awakened and got up grudgingly. She would have stayed in bed had she not told herself she had to talk to Kakashi-sensei and sort things out. She also had to talk to Sasuke, she wanted to get to know him more, wanted to confirm it to herself that she was making the right decision. She was up and out of the house before Shiroi had even woken up from her peaceful dreams. Yuki went to Kakashi's apartment, hoping he would be there. She knocked loudly several times before the door opened, and there he stood. She paused to collect her thoughts for a second before looking him in the eye.
 
“Kakashi-sensei…we need to talk.”
 
He guided her inside and shut the door nervous about what was to come. He began.
 
“About last night…I'm sorry. I didn't mean to take advantage of you like that…gomen.” He hung his head apologetically.
 
“Its ok…I just wanted to tell you that I am with Sasuke and he can't know about this.”
 
“You have my word, I won't tell a soul.”
 
“And Kakashi?”
 
“Hm…”
 
“I would really like it if we could be friends…if that's ok with you…”
 
“Yeah, that would be cool…”he replies nonchalantly
 
She smiled happy that they could be friends, `just friends…'
 
“Oi, Yuki-chan…do you wanna grab some lunch later?” He asks passively.
 
“Yeah, I just wanna wish Sasuke luck first. He will be off to the forest soon, I hope they do ok…”
 
“I'm sure they will be fine.”
 
Yuki looked up at Kakashi and smiled. She disappeared in a midst of smoke only to appear outside the Sasuke manor. She knocked and the door almost instantly was opened.
 
“Yuki-chan…what are you doing here?”
 
“”I just came to wish you luck…umm, I guess I'll see you in a few days.”
 
She turned around to leave but felt him place his hand on her shoulder. She turned back to face him and saw his seductive smile. Yuki bit her lip as he moved his hand, stroking her cheek softly. She smiled sweetly and he pulled her closer towards him, their lips meeting softly. She ran her tongue across his bottom lip begging for entrance, gaining it instantly. Their tongues met and she felt him run his hand down her back resting on her hips while the other stroked through her hair. She pulled back.
 
“Don't you have a test to go to?”
 
“Oh…yeah. Well see ya later…Yuki-chan”
 
She bit her lip once again, `oh no…' She closed her eyes tight hoping to get rid of the feeling that was developing deep within her, even she knew what this feeling was but she didn't want to admit it to herself.
 
---
 
Shiroi bid Yuki goodnight and walked out to the kitchen to see Gaara had left a note on the counter:
 
Shi-chan,
 
Sorry I left but I thought you girls might want some privacy. I will see you after the second test tomorrow, it was good to catch up with you shi-chan.
 
Gaara
 
She sighed and walked to her room. She went to bed, not falling asleep for a while because her mind kept returning to her long lost friend.
 
The next morning she woke from the nicest dream she had had in a long time. She made herself some instant ramen realizing that Yuki had already left. `She certainly is becoming more sociable…' she thought to herself as she ate her breakfast slowly. She hated to admit it but she missed waking up to see yukiko making breakfast or simply sitting around doing nothing. It was as if her shy, unstable friend was gone, leaving only a mature shinobi growing up mentally. It was strange how subtle changes could seem so big. She shook off the feeling, pondering on what she could do while she waited for Gaara to finish the exam. She knew with his skills it wouldn't be long. She looked up at the clock, noon had approached unnoticed. She cursed at herself for staying in bed for so long, it wasn't even like she was sleeping, she was just reflecting on past and present. I wonder what Yuki-chan's up to…hn…I wonder if she feels like doing some training?' Shiroi attached her shinobi equipment and walked out of the house silently, heading towards where her friend's chakra signature was irradiating from.
 
She stepped into the Ichiraku ramen-ya, surprised by the scene that lay ahead. Yuki quickly greeted her with a small hug, before looking back at the tall jounin beside her.
 
“Kakashi-kun this is Shiroi Kage, my best friend. Shi-sama this is Kakashi Hatake.”
 
Yuki smiled as the two gave each either a nod of acknowledgement.
 
“So you're the infamous Shiroi-san Yuki-chan has been telling me about. Its nice to meet you…”
 
Shiroi turned towards Yuki-chan, `what is she up to? Hn, I wonder what she has been saying about me…' Shiroi smiled.
 
“Anywho, I just came to see if you wanted to train, I didn't mean to interrupt.”
 
“Ooh sounds like fun” Yuki smiled “hey Kakashi-sensei want to come too?”
 
“I don't know…”he looked away rubbing his head.
 
“Come on! Pleeeaaase…” Yuki looked up at the tall man, her eyes sparkling sweetly.
 
“Yeah come on, it will be interesting testing our skill against someone of your repore.” Shiroi looked at him, crossing her arms in front of her chest.
 
“Ok if you insist…”
 
They arrived at the large training ground shortly after, Yuki the most enthusiastic of the three. There was hardly enough time for silence when Yuki spoke quickly having to mentally slow down her speech to make it understandable.
 
“Hey Kakashi-sensei bet you couldn't take on me and shi-sama! We'd kick your old butt any day…”
 
Kakashi sighed on the inside. He didn't like to be called old, he was only 26. `I guess that's old for these teens…'
 
“Ok but only one at a time, as I do believe you are both Jounin.” He smirked.
 
“Fine! I will go first…”
 
Yuki flipped backwards landing a few yards back, Shiroi teleported to a nearby tree branch to study his movements. Doubting whether she would get the chance to spar against him today. Yuki was stronger than she looked.
 
“Come on old man, show me what you got!”
 
Kakashi flinched at the words but continued moving quickly towards her, deciding taijutsu the best thing to start out with. He ducked as she aimed a punch at him; he slid his foot around to knock out her feet to find she had jumped onto his shoulders.
 
“Now, now, Kakashi-sensei I had higher expectations of you…”
 
She leaped off of him, the chakra from her feet made him stumble forward a bit. `hn…she is quicker than I expected…”
 
“Damn right I am!”
 
He looked up stunned that she not only seemed to read his mind, but at such a distance. He focused on her smiling beneath his mask, `cheeky girl…' he laughed when he heard her whine at the comment. He again ran towards her, skidding to a halt as a large wall of ice raised before him. `What on earth…?' he looked at the girl that was becoming more and more interesting by the minute. He pulled up his headband, convinced that he was going to need his sharingan. He reached the girl before him annoyed that she had shut her eyes. She was smarter than most, yet he didn't see how she could fight with her eyes shut. A few seconds later he saw her make some quick handsigns and cursed as it started to rain. He waited for what sort of jutsu she had used, `waitwhy is it raining on such a lovely spring afternoon?'
 
“Because, silly, I wanted it to.”
 
She answered his thoughts; he looked around for the owner of the voice. His eyes widened when he suddenly realised the voice was coming from inside his head.
 
“You're in my head? Hn…interesting trick. Let me guess some kind of genjutsu?”
 
“Nah I just use the same technique I do when I read your thoughts, but you won't believe how fun it is to mess with the enemies head. Don't worry, I only read thought when in battle, mostly.”
 
Kakashi laughed, pausing as he felt her poke him in the side. He turned noticing she still had her eyes closed.
 
“Hey…How did you find me with your eyes shut?” he asked curiously.
 
“Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that this technique also gives away the enemies position no matter how hard they try to hide it.”
 
Kakashi scolded himself for underestimating this young shinobi, she definitely was worthy of her rank. He ducked as she threw a punch at him opening her eyes; she obviously wished to continue their sparring. It had only been minutes when he realised that he had begun sweating strangely, he was sure he wasn't tired and he was quite cool as the rain beat down around him. He flipped backwards and looked up to see Yuki smile.
 
“So you noticed huh?” she smirked “don't worry I wont let you lose too much water, just enough so that you know who won…”
 
She giggled at the thought that she had beaten the copy nin. He fell to his knees as she cancelled the jutsu and ran to his side. She made a few more handsigns and produced a small cup shaped leaf filled with water which he accepted gratefully. Shiroi appeared next to her friend looking down at Kakashi, clicking her tongue mockingly.
 
“Disappointing Kakashi-sensei, disappointing…”
 
He smiled as the two teens mocked his efforts to defeat the youngster. He stood to his feet as his body filled with new the liquid Yuki had retrieved for him, how…he did not know.
 
He looked down at the young girl who was now skipping around him with a smile on her face.
 
“Hey, hey now don't get too cocky. Just remember that I went easy on you, seeing you're a girl and so young and all…” He said in a kind of matter of fact tone.
 
Yuki looked up at him “you wish! And besides, you should know that such an underestimation can cause you to lose your life if this was a real fight…”
 
“True, but this wasn't a real fight.”
 
Shiroi stepped forward, putting her hand on Yuki's shoulder.
 
“I'm gonna get going, Gaara-kun's probably finished the exam by now…Seeya”
 
She disappeared leaving the two of them alone. Kakashi looked down at the young girl before him, mentally shaking the thought that had just entered his mind. He hoped that she had been reading his thoughts so he tried to start a conversation.
 
“So Shiroi knows Sabaku no Gaara…how's that?” He looked at her smile and how beautiful her lips were, he shook the thought again, blaming his little orange book for the thoughts.
 
“Yeah, she was in Sunagakure for a while before she came here…they were really good friends when they were younger. Now, now I think they may be something more…”
 
Yuki looked down pondering the thought that had made its way back to her mind; she shook it and looked back over at Kakashi who was now sitting on the ground leaning against a tree. She joined him, staring at the ground as they sat in a comfortable silence.
 
“Kakashi-kun, have…have you ever been in love?”
 
Kakashi was taken aback by the question; he looked into her pale violet eyes as they sparkled with a subtle maturity that made her so intriguing. She stared back into his obsidian eye wondering what he was thinking, yet not willing to invade his privacy by finding out.
 
“No…not really…” he pushed the memories of his former team-mate, Rin, to the back of his mind. “So what about you do you think what you feel for Sasuke-kun is love?”
 
She paused for a moment remembering earlier that day.
 
“No, I think its security and familiarity I feel with him, not love but respect…” she replied honestly.
 
Kakashi was surprised; most girls her age thought they were madly in love with Sasuke; it was strange to meet someone that wasn't. The new information did make him wonder though, if she didn't love him then why was she with him?
 
Yuki sighed before continuing, “I thought I loved him, but I don't…now I'm more confused then ever…”
 
He looked at her small figure as she sat beside him, he wasn't sure what to say, this was more of a female friend conversation.
 
“Anyway enough about that, may I ask how you got your sharingan? I mean it's pretty obvious you're not a member of the Uchiha clan, which makes me wonder which of them you stole it from…”
 
He closed his eyes for a moment and then looked down at her expectant eyes.
 
“Only if you tell me first how you learned all those jutsu's, they remind me of a man I once fought, Zabuza…”
 
She flinched at the name, why shouldn't she? He did kill her parents…
 
 
 
 
AN: wow that took a while to write…but I think it's pretty good. Sorry if Sasuke is out of character he will be returning to his evil self a bit later, but for now he's in *love*
Don't tease it's only my second story, but please…. Please review I need to hear what you're thinking of it so far. Come on…it doesn't take a lot of effort…
 
Anywho I will try and update soon, but I wont unless I get a couple of reviews so ner!
*sticks tongue out*
 
By for now not for ever,
Yuki (the most sexiest kunoichi ever! Nah just kidding *bwah ha ha ha haaa*)