Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Eremophobia ❯ Chapter Eight ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Recap:
 
Yuki found herself giving in to temptation leaning her face in closer to his, after a few seconds he looks into her violet eyes and pulls her mouth towards his running his hands through her hair, their mouths only separated by his thin cloth mask. `Damn mask!' Kakashi cursed inwardly before pulling back. He saw her blush and look away.
 
“I'm sorry I…I have to go”
 
Yuki stood up and before Kakashi could protest she had disappeared. `Damn it Kakashi why'd you do that for, stupid fool!' Kakashi again found himself cursing at his lack of control. He stood up and went to bed as it was already past three in the morning.
 
 
Chapter Eight
 
(Shiroi's P.O.V after the exam)
 
Shiroi followed Gaara out at a safe distance not wanting to be recognised until she had him on his own. She saw that they were heading back to the hotel/inn that they were staying at so she returned to her normal form and quickly returned home in a puff of smoke to get changed into her casual clothes. As she walked into her room she noticed Yuki leaving, `she's certainly getting out a lot more…hope she doesn't get hurt…' She had just finished getting dressed when she thought she heard a noise at the window. Suddenly a cloud of sand was twisting in front her forming the shape of a short boy about her age.
 
“Gaara…”
 
The boy frowned, his eyes narrowing in her direction.
 
“How do you know my name? Why were you following me before? Who are you!?”
 
He grinded his teeth awaiting her answer as some sand began to pour onto the ground from his large gourd. A tear made its way down Shiroi's pale cheek, her lips quivering at the thought that kept replaying itself in her head.
 
`He doesn't remember me…'
 
“Well? You had better answer or I will kill you…” He looked at her angrily, his arms crossed in front of his chest.
 
“Gaara-kun…don't you remember? Sure it was long ago but please tell me you haven't forgotten me…we were kids and you were sitting on the swing…do you remember?” She looked at him hopefully.
 
He took a small step back, his eyes glazing over as a memory returned to him of his childhood.
 
*Flashback*
 
“Ohayou gozaimasu…”
 
Gaara looked over at the young girl that had just sat down on the swing next to him.
 
“I'm Shiroi Kage! What's your name?” she asked knowing full well that his name was Gaara. Everyone knew who this six year old was.
 
“I'm Gaara”
 
“What?” she asked as he eyed her suspiciously.
 
“Aren't you afraid of me?” he questions.
 
“No not really” she answers truthfully.
 
“Well everyone else is…” he said sadly “They all think I'm a monster”.
 
She looks down pondering her thoughts for a moment then looks up at him.
 
“I don't know how they could call someone so cute a monster” She smiles.
 
He looks at her and blushes.
 
“Really!?” he chirps up a bit.
 
“Of course! Want to come and play a game or something with me?”
 
He smiles brightly at the young girl and they both run off to play.
 
*End Flashback*
 
“No you couldn't be…Shiroi…?”
 
“Yes…you do remember! I thought you had forgotten me…I…I never forgot you, I didn't want to leave but…but…” she began to become choked up remembering the night she was taken from her precious Gaa-chan.
 
Gaara took a step forward and looked at her eyes, it was definitely her. Her green eyes were swelling up with tears; he noticed she still had the dark rings around her eyes just like his. He walked towards her cautiously, so many thoughts buzzing in his mind. She suddenly stepped forward hugging him tightly, trying to withhold her tears. He was stunned; he hadn't had a hug since he last saw her when they were seven. He rests his hands around her waist, still confused by all the sudden information.
After a few minutes of complete silence Shiroi steps back, looking at her long lost friend.
 
“Gaa-chan…would you like something to eat?”
 
He looked at her and smiled, it was the first time he had smiled in a long time. It has been about six years since he has felt any kind of good emotion, all he had really felt were hate and vengeance.
 
“Sure…”
 
Shiroi walked to the kitchen, Gaara in tow. She put some rice on to boil as well as preparing some fish, and sat on the counter next to Gaara's seat.
 
“So what you been up to since you left…met anyone special?” He looked at her questioningly.
 
“Yes…but it's not what you think” she added quickly, as she saw his eyes narrowing slightly.
 
“What do you mean?”
 
“Well, I met this girl soon after I joined the Konoha academy, her name is Tanaka Yukiko. She is our age, and is a very talented shinobi. I am very lucky to have such a good friend; you really have to meet her…”
 
“…whatever” he replied passively.
 
She quickly jumped down to tend to the food and in no time at all they were eating the well made sushi. They talked for hours, well mainly Shiroi talked and Gaara just listened only adding to the conversation occasionally. It was just past three in the morning when Shiroi suddenly stopped, looking around the house for an unknown reason. A few moments later he realised what she had sensed, someone had entered the house, someone with a large amount of chakra.
 
“Yuki-chan…” Shiroi whispered mostly to herself.
 
Shiroi ran to Yuki's bedroom, sensing something was wrong. She opened the door slowly to see her friend crying on her bed. `Yuki-chan…'
 
“Yuki-chan, what's wrong?”
 
Yuki looked up wiping the tears from her eyes only to have new ones replace them instantly. She took a deep breath in to try and control her breathing and spoke softly between sobs.
 
“I…I…I didn't mean to…I…couldn't help it…I'm so confused!”
 
She burst into tears and Shiroi sat down wrapping her arm around her, waiting for her to calm down a bit.
 
“What do you mean?”
 
“I kissed him…I didn't mean to…and now I don't know…I don't know what to do…” Her tears dried up but her obvious grief remained.
 
“Kissed who? Sasuke? What are you talking about? Please let me help you…” Shiroi looked Yuki in the eye calming her down slightly.
 
“He…he saved me, and I kissed him. But I don't know if it's because…because he saved me or…or because I…I…like him…” Yuki trailed off, staring at the ground.
 
“Who saved you?”
 
“…Kakashi-sensei…”
 
Shiroi froze, `The copy nin? She kissed him…?'
 
“Yuki tell me what happened, every detail. Please…let me help…”
 
Yuki returned her gaze to her concerned friend, finding comfort in her tone.
 
“I was walking home from the ramen-ya…and…and some drunk…tried to…tried to rape me…”
 
A fresh tear made its way down her pale cheek. Shiroi's jaw dropped, `Yuki-chan…'
 
“…I froze and fear took it's hold on me…I…I couldn't move…but he…he saved me, Kakashi-sensei…and…and he took me to his apartment and he comforted me…I…I couldn't help it…I…I kissed him, and he kissed me back…he still had the mask on but…but I could feel his lips…but I don't know whether…whether or not I did it because he saved me from that man…or…or because I felt something for him…”
 
Shiroi hugged her friend tightly. She was so angry at herself for not having been there for her friend these last couple of days.
 
“Yuki-chan, I would love to say I knew the answer but I don't…this is something you have to search deep down in your heart and find out for yourself. But know that whatever you discover, I will be here to help you out whenever you need me.”
 
Yuki looked at her friend and could see the sincerity in her eyes; she couldn't help but smile for the sudden peace-of-mind she felt. She said goodnight to Shiroi and then relaxed back on her bed. Yuki emptied her mind completely and waited for thoughts to come to help her out, they took a while but they finally came.
 
`I need to stay with Sasuke…He is my own age, and I feel a connection with him. We are so similar; yet, I can't help but feel secure around Kakashi-kun. He just seems to have this…no I can't; I can't do that to Sasuke. I only feel secure around Kakashi because he is strong, and is older that's all…I kissed him because he saved me…I think…”