Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Eremophobia ❯ Chapter Seven ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Naruto etc. It belongs to Masashi Kishimoto.
 
Recap:
 
Yuki looked to her left and saw a fairly large man stumble towards her. She tried to ignore the drunk and quickened her step but she had no such luck as he grabbed her wrist. She restrained herself from breaking his arm, for she didn't like to hurt ordinary villagers. She easily broke free from his grasp only to be caught by his other hand. She was starting to get nervous now, sure if anything went wrong she could defend herself but she didn't want to hurt civilians.
 
“you know…*hic* you're pretty hot for someone so young…*hic* are you lost... how bout *hic* I take you home…”
 
He started to drag her into the forest, she tried to scream but nothing was working. Fear was starting to take its cruel grip on her. She tried to break free but he was a lot stronger than he looked. She tried to bring her hands together to form a seal, but couldn't. She hoped someone saw what was happening, someone who could help her…anyone…
 
 
CHAPTER SEVEN
 
She cried on the inside as he pinned her against a tree, `please someone…help me…' A lone tear rolled down her pale cheek, her violet eyes shut tight waiting for what was to come, frozen to the spot.
 
“Oi! Whats going on?”
 
Yuki's eyes fluttered open, hoping the voice was real. The drunk released his grip on her, and stumbled towards the tall figure that was walking out into the clearing. Yuki tried to focus on the newcomer. She smiled in relief when the moons light beamed on her saviour, `Kakashi-san…'
 
“Get out of here before you get hurt…” Kakashi glared at the man angrily.
 
Yuki couldn't be happier when the man finally grunted and walked off, falling several times. She collapsed in a heap, exhausted from the horrifying experience. Her messy blonde hair falling over her tear stricken face as Kakashi ran to her side. He helped her up and she fell into his chest, clutching his shirt tightly. Kakashi stood still, whispering soothing words to her in between her frequent sobs.
 
“Its okay Yuki-chan, I'm here. I will protect you.”
 
She gripped his shirt even tighter as he collected her in his arms carrying her bridal style towards his apartment.
 
He somehow managed to unlock the door and walked in, placing the quivering young girl down on his couch. Yuki sat nervously, holding her knees up against her chest to hide her slightly torn shirt. She could feel the couch dip down indicating that Kakashi had joined her.
 
“Are… are you ok?”
 
Yuki looked up angrily “Of course I'm not! Some bumbling drunk tried to rape me and I couldn't even protect myself!”
 
She gave way to tears, burying her head in her hands. Kakashi didn't know what to do, or say for that matter. So the two just sat their, Yuki's soft sobs the only thing stopping a complete silence.
 
“I ont ow wat haend…I st coon mve!” her hands blocking the words from coming out clearly.
 
“Uhh…pardon?”
 
Yuki moved her hands away from her face. She looked at him through teary eyes, the memory still repeating itself in her mind.
 
“I said I don't know what happened, I just couldn't move…”
 
She shut her eyes again hoping she would wake up and find it was all a horrible nightmare. No such luck as she heard Kakashi mutter something softly.
 
“Don't worry…fear can do that to you. You can be the strongest and most skilled shinobi, but if you come across a situation that strikes fear into your heart you can become stiff, frozen to the spot, so to speak.”
 
She looked up, gazing into his single obsidian eye. She suddenly felt calm, like his simple words had removed all her insecurities.
 
“Arigatou…”
 
Yuki leaned in closer and lay her head against his shoulder. She soon fell asleep, having slightly obscure dreams.
Kakashi moved her small figure so that she was lying down on the couch. He sat by her side for several hours on the cold floorboards, not wanting to leave in case she woke. His eyes began to wander over her slender body, but he quickly turned his head away trying to rid his mind of the impure thoughts. `She's thirteen years my junior! I can't think of her like that…'
 
“No…no…please…stop…Sasuke!”
 
Yuki sat up straight breathing heavily, drenched in sweat. She tried to forget the nightmarish dream but it stuck in her head, replaying itself automatically. Even though she was now awake she could still hear it clearly. Kakashi waved his hand in front of her eyes, his mouth was moving but she couldn't hear what he was saying.
 
“Get away from her! How dare you do that to Yuki-chan…You're gonna pay with you're life!”
 
“No! Please don't…please stop this!” Yuki heard her own strained voice screaming in her ears.
 
“Get back Yuki-chan! I don't want you to get hurt…now YOU…Prepare to DIE!!”
 
Yuki closed her eyes tight, tears streaming down her face. She began to rock back and forth, screaming, trying to stop the voices in her head from continuing. She could feel a strong pain within her chest; it was if her heart were breaking in two.
 
“Yuki-chan, Yuki-chan snap out of it! Come on…Snap out of it!!”
 
Kakashi grabbed hold of her shoulders shaking her. He was unsure of what to do; he didn't know what she was hearing but he guessed it must be very painful for her. He finally decided he had no other choice, he didn't want to hurt her but he didn't know what else to do. He raised his hand and then slapped her. He didn't do it to hard but he heard a noise as his hand met her face. He caught her gently as she fell towards him, landing in his lap. He held onto her tightly hoping she was okay.
 
“Ow…”
 
He breathed a small sigh of relief as she rubbed her now red cheek.
 
“Gomen Yuki-chan, I didn't know how else to wake you…you were screaming and…”
 
He paused as she raised her finger to his cloth covered mouth.
 
“Domo… (Thanks…)”
 
He smiled, relieved that she wasn't angry. She closed her eyes and sat quietly on his lap listening to the rhythmic beating of his heart. Kakashi rubbed his hand up and down her arm soothingly, gazing down at her porcelain face. It was regaining its creamy complexion, even her red cheek had started to return to normal. They sat in a silence that strangely wasn't awkward. Yuki broke the silence several minutes later.
 
“Oi Kakashi-sama, how can I ever thank you…I mean if you hadn't come `m afraid to think what might have happened. If there is anything I can do to repay you don't hesitate to ask…” Yuki looked up at her saviour respectfully; her violet eyes sparkled in the dim light.
 
Kakashi felt blood rush to his cheeks below his mask, he smiled closing his eye.
 
“Hey don't worry bout it, just promise me you won't go wandering around by yourself so late like that…It's dangerous for an attractive girl like you…I mean…umm”
 
He rubbed his head nervously, for the first time in ages he was lost for words. He looked down at Yuki to see her blushing at the compliment.
 
`He…he thinks I'm attractive?…hm…but I mustn't, I'm with Sasuke-kun now…I can't…I…'
 
Yuki found herself giving in to temptation leaning her face in closer to his, after a few seconds he looks into her violet eyes and pulls her mouth towards his running his hands through her hair, their mouths only separated by his thin cloth mask. `Damn mask!' Kakashi cursed inwardly before pulling back. He saw her blush and look away.
 
“I'm sorry I…I have to go”
 
Yuki stood up and before Kakashi could protest she had disappeared. `Damn it Kakashi why'd you do that for, stupid fool!' Kakashi again found himself cursing at his lack of control. He stood up and went to bed as it was already past three in the morning.