Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Eremophobia ❯ Chapter Six ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Naruto or any of the Naruto characters. It belongs to Masashi Kishimoto.
 
Recap:
 
“Ok the real reason I'm here is because the hokage asked me to ask if you and Shiroi could watch the genin in the first test to catch the one's cheating. Since the Hokage's asking you, I'm assuming you're more than just a jounin?”
 
“Tell the hokage I said yes” She replied closing the door on him, ignoring his last comment and walking back to the table.
 
“What was that about?” Shiroi looked at you with a puzzled expression.
 
“Oh just Kakashi-sensei asking us to watch the genin in the first test tomorrow…”
 
`Yes! I can see Gaara again. Too bad he won't know it's me…' Shiroi thought to herself.
 
 
CHAPTER SIX
 
 
Yuki woke abruptly, turning to see a darkly clad ANBU nin standing by the door. Her eyes widened and began to come into focus noticing the skilled ninja raise their mask. She almost laughed when she saw that it was only Shiroi.
 
“You know Shi-sama; you shouldn't do that so early in the morning. You gave me a fright!”
 
“Gomen Yuki-chan. Anyway I just came to make sure you were up and ready for the exams today. I want to make sure that I am looking over the row that Gaara is in. So come on, up and at `em…”
 
She threw a pillow at Yuki playfully and then went to prepare breakfast. Yuki got up and dressed quicker than usual, thinking about the day that lay ahead. As she walked out into the kitchen she could smell the rice cooking. She prepared the breakfast table for Shiroi and then sat down as her friend placed the food in front of her.
 
“Mmm…Arigatou…it looks delicious, Itadakimasu!”
 
Yuki rubbed her hands together before beginning to scoff down the meal. She looked up as she was finishing to see that Shiroi had barely touched her food, but that was no surprise when Yuki realised what she was thinking about. But just as quickly as she heard it she removed it from her mind, scolding herself for even listening. She wiped her mouth with a napkin and looked up to see Shiroi packing up the dishes. Yuki offered to help and they were soon awaiting the clock to tell them it was time to go. They decided to leave earlier and check out who was applying this year. As they watched more and more Genin walk through the doors, Yuki found herself remembering when Shiroi and herself were preparing for their chuunin exams.
 
*Flashback*
 
“Oi Yuki-chan…”
 
Yuki turned to see her new found friend walking towards her.
 
“Oh hi Shiroi-san, what's up?”
 
“Umm, You do realise how dangerous the chuunin exams will be for you and me? I must ask because I can't help but feel you are nominating yourself because I did…”
 
“It's Okay Shiroi-san; I know what I'm doing. And besides you're gonna help me train so I'm sure we'll pass with flying colours.”
 
The two eight year olds looked at each other. Shiroi finally smiled before bowing her head slightly out of respect and agreement.
 
“Ok! But we should go do some training now, so that we're well prepared.”
 
“Sure, and Shiroi-sama?”
 
“Yeah?”
 
“Could you help me to use my talent more…affectively?”
 
Shiroi smiled “Definitely!!”
 
Yuki looked at the girl she had such a lot of respect for, hoping that one day she would be half as good a shinobi as she was.
 
*End Flashback*
 
Shiroi watched in awe as she saw her old friend materialise out of sand in his seat, and acting quickly she sat at the end of that row, mask still in place. Yuki turned to see her friend at the other end of the row and just as fast appeared next to her shooing a fellow ANBU nin who was about to sit down. Yuki sat quietly concentrating for a second before she decided to talk to Shiroi, but since they really weren't meant to talk in front of genin in case they recognised them she had to go to plan B.
 
`Oi Shi-sama, You kay?'
 
She waited patiently for the reply, knowing she had heard.
 
`Yeah, I guess so…'
 
`You really have missed him haven't you?'
 
`More than you could imagine…'
 
`Oh I could, I'd just rather not'
 
`Yuki-chan…do you think he has missed me as well?'
 
`I'm sure of it…'
 
`Come on Yuki-chan we had better start looking at the students, they have started you know.'
 
Yuki opened her eyes, and sure enough they had already begun the test. Her skilled eyes searched over the line of nervous genin, stopping occasionally noting the amount of times a student cheated. She decided to give her row checks only when she saw them cheat rather then the times she heard, mainly because that would eliminate her entire row. After more than half had been eliminated the person conducting the test had announced that all that didn't want to hear the final test should leave so that they may try again next year, she noticed an orange sleeve rise. `Oh no, Naruto! You can't give up…Sasuke would be kicked out also…' Yuki focused her chakra concentrating on him, closing her eyes she began.
 
`Naruto…don't give up…you can do it…you will be ruining Sakura and Sasuke's chances…don't give up Naruto…You can do it!'
 
Yuki looked eagerly to see if it was successful and sighed in relief when she saw him slam down his hand and rant on how he would not give up or something, you were just relieved to see that he was going to pass the first test. She knew full well that there was no final question; she had almost succumbed to the pressure during the same test.
 
*Flashback*
 
`No Yuki-chan don't give up…you can do it! Don't worry I'll help you if it's hard…just please don't give up…'
 
Yuki lowered her hand as the soothing voice entered her mind, knowing full well who it was. She was just scared, scared that if she failed she wouldn't ever get to be with Shiroi as a team mate. She lowered her head and waited for the question, hoping beyond all hope that it was something that she or Shiroi knew.
 
She opened her eyes when she heard the shocking news, she had passed…There was no question. `It was just a test to see if we would give up' Yuki smiled, she was so happy. Happy that she had passed, happy that Shiroi had taught her the technique that saved her, and just happy she would get the chance to be a shinobi and serve at her friend's side. It was a truly glorious day…
 
*End Flashback*
 
Yuki looked over and saw Sasuke look in her direction she quickly looked away but still listened intently.
 
`is that…no it can't be. Hmm I passed. One step closer to destroying him, but I need more power…'
 
Yuki was puzzled `what on earth?' she shook the thought from her mind and noticed Gaara and his team, consisting of his sister Temari, and brother Kankuro was leaving. She quickly looked back and saw Shiroi follow disguised as a student. Yuki shrugged and followed suit although her interest was in team 7, leaving Shiroi to follow her old friend by herself.
 
After she was outside she returned to her house to change into normal clothing. She left hastily noticing Shiroi had also returned to change. She walked outside not knowing quite what to say to Sasuke and realised he probably wanted to rest for tomorrow. She walked to the Ichiraku ramen-ya, thinking how she had gotten quite accustomed to walking around at night time over the past few days, realising it wasn't so bad. `I don't think I could do it indefinitely…' she thought to herself, noticing it had taken her longer to walk than she had expected as it was already quite late.
 
“Irashaimasse… (welcome…)”
 
Yuki waved her greeting to the pretty waitress, Ayame. She sat down hoping that she could enjoy a nice meal without the disruption of unruly villagers. She finished a bowl of pork ramen, and decided to get some sesame oil ramen for Shiroi. She paid for the dishes and began to walk home watching carefully her steps so as not to have another run in with Kakashi which was becoming an annoying recurrence.
 
“Oi you…”
 
Yuki looked to her left and saw a fairly large man stumble towards her. She tried to ignore the drunk and quickened her step but she had no such luck as he grabbed her wrist. She restrained herself from breaking his arm and easily broke free from his grasp only to be caught by his other hand. She was starting to get nervous now, sure if anything went wrong she could defend herself but she didn't want to hurt civilians.
 
“you know…*hic* you're pretty hot for someone so young…*hic* are you lost... how bout *hic* I take you home…”
 
She dropped her ramen as he started to drag her into the forest, she tried to scream but nothing was working. Fear was starting to take its cruel grip on her. She tried to break free but he was a lot stronger than he looked. She tried to bring her hands together to form a seal, but couldn't. She hoped someone saw what was happening, someone who could help her…anyone…
 
 
AN: ohayou! I hope your enjoying the story so far. Sorry if the chapters are a little short, this is only like my second story so you know…anyway just writing to ask to please review, I would love to hear what you think of the characters.
 
So please review, I'll give you a cookie…mmm cookie.
 
Love ya's all
 
Yuki