Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Eremophobia ❯ Chapter Five ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Naruto or any of the Naruto characters. It belongs to Masashi Kishimoto.
 
Recap:
 
Sasuke was stunned, `her parents were killed…she was all alone like me …but she found someone, when all I found was anger…maybe she is my destined one?” He wrapped his arm around her and held her tight, not wanting to let her go.
 
Yuki began to relax. `His destined one? I wonder what he means…' In her eyes, there was nothing that could ruin the way she felt at that moment. It was like a subtle calmness had swept over her body that had not been there for a long time. She began to drift into sleep, just letting her mind wonder on its own accord.
 
CHAPTER FIVE
 
Yuki awoke from her dream reluctantly. She hadn't had such a nice dream in a long time. She looked over and saw Sasuke resting quietly beside her. She stood up and noticed the sun was beginning to set. She squatted in front of her first ever love, waiting for him to awaken. As she noticed his eyes flutter she stood up. She looked softly at him as he also stood.
 
“Nice dream?” She asked, placing her arms against his chest.
 
“Very…”
 
“Now if I recall correctly, you wanted to see some of my other moves. Is that right?”
 
“Sure if you're willing to show me…” He replied casually.
 
“Ok. Are you thirsty?” she smiled as he nodded curiously.
 
Yuki walked over to the nearest tree and picked the largest leaf. She moulded it quickly into a cup shape and handed it to him. She rapidly made a few hand signs and drew water from thin air using her Mizu Atsumari Jutsu (Water Gathering Technique) and filled the leaf until it was almost overflowing.
 
“Wow…how did you do that?”
 
“I have the ability to control water. My friend Shiroi taught me to harness that power to my advantage. She is talented like that.”
 
Yuki playfully shaped a small amount of water as she stood smiling softly at the memory of her training sessions with Shiroi. She looked up suddenly remembering that she hadn't told Shiroi where she was going that morning.
 
“Kuso! Gomenasai Sasuke-kun, I have to go.”
 
Yuki stopped by the ramen-ya on her way home to get some pork ramen for dinner, hoping Shiroi wouldn't be mad. She yelled in frustration when she ran straight into somebody in her rush to get home.
 
“We really got to stop meeting each other like this.” The tall man smirked as he helped her up.
 
“Shut it Kakashi, I'm going to be late. You're just lucky I didn't spill any of my dinner.”
 
“Gomen…So I guess I'll catch ya at the exams tomorrow?”
 
“Yeah” she replied and disappeared leaving him standing by himself.
 
Kakashi looked at the cloud of smoke where Yuki had previously been standing. `Kuso! I got to stop thinking about her…” He rubbed his head and then turned and left.
 
Yuki appeared in the kitchen putting down the dinner and went to look for Shiroi to apologise. She found her lying in bed crying softly. She suddenly felt a pain deep in her stomach. She had never seen her like this; Shiroi had always withheld her pain so that Yuki wouldn't get upset. The bed dipped a bit as she sat down to comfort her.
 
“Shi-sama…what's wrong?”
 
Shiroi pulled herself up into a sitting position, wiping her tears on the blanket. She closed her eyes quickly as she noticed Yuki examining them for a clue to her pain.
 
“It's nothing Yuki-chan. So where have you been today?” She changed the subject as her tears dried up.
 
“I'll tell you over dinner.”
 
Yuki directed her friend to the table not wanting to push the subject of her pain, knowing she would tell her when she was ready. They sat down and split their chopsticks. Yuki waited for Shiroi to start before she began.
 
“I went and talked to Sasuke today.”
 
“Yeah, that's nice. So what did you find out?”
 
Yuki looked a bit nervous “He does like me. He thinks I might be his destined one…what does that mean?”
 
Shiroi almost choked on her noodles. “He said what?!”
 
Yuki bit her lip. “Umm, well he actually didn't really say it…he thought it.”
 
“Yuki you know you shouldn't be prying on people's thoughts. Anyway what he meant was, well…” She paused unsure of how to put it.
 
“It's like when two people are so similar it's as if they are one person…”
 
“Like you and Gaara?”
 
Shiroi froze, “Yes, like me and Gaara…”
 
“So is that when you find love, when you deeply care for someone who is like the male version of you?”
 
“Sort of, there are also couples that are like opposites yet they seem to complete each other. Like Ying and Yang.”
 
“Oh. Love is a lot more complicated then I thought.” Yuki scrunched up her face at the thought.
 
“Don't worry, you can usually tell the first time you kiss them whether or not you truly love them, or if they love you.”
 
Yuki glanced down, remembering the kiss she shared with Sasuke. It was her first ever kiss so she didn't exactly know what it was meant to be like.
 
“Arigatou Shi-sama. You're so smart!”
 
Yuki smiled and then continued to eat her dinner. Shiroi looked at her friend eat, `no, thank you Yuki-chan…' She looked up as she heard a knock at the door. She watched as Yuki jumped up, putting her bowl in the sink on the way to the door. Yuki opened the door trying to remember the last time they had had a visitor. Her jaw dropped as she saw who it was.
 
“Hey…how's it going?”
 
Yuki looked up as the tall man casually leaned against the door post.
 
“What do you want Kakashi?” she asked bluntly, annoyed that he would come to her house.
 
“Uhh…I was just in the neighbourhoods and thought I would drop by…” he replied nervously.
 
“Uhuh, how did you get my address?”
 
“Ok the real reason I'm here is because the hokage asked me to ask if you and Shiroi could watch the genin in the first test to catch the one's cheating. Since the Hokage's asking you, I'm assuming you're more than just a jounin?”
 
“Tell the hokage I said yes” She replied closing the door on him, ignoring his last comment and walking back to the table.
 
“What was that about?” Shiroi looked at you with a puzzled expression.
 
“Oh just Kakashi-sensei asking us to watch the genin in the first test tomorrow…”
 
`Yes! I can see Gaara again. Too bad he won't know it's me…' Shiroi thought to herself.