Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Eremophobia ❯ Chapter Four ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Naruto or any of the Naruto characters. It belongs to Masashi Kishimoto.
 
Recap:
 
“Gaara-kun…I've missed you so much! I didn't want to leave but they made me. I have missed you…Gaa-chan”
 
Gaara looked down at the small figure clutching to him, after a minute he closed his eyes and placed his hands on her waist.
 
“I've missed you too shi-chan. You wouldn't believe how long I've waited for this moment. Don't worry shi-chan, I'm here now. I'll always be here for you.” He rubbed his hands soothingly up and down her back.
 
Shiroi leaned back and stared into his comforting eyes. She pulled him in closer to her and then rest her head on his chest listening to his heartbeat.
 
CHAPTER FOUR
 
Yuki struggled with her keys, trying to unlock the door. As she walked in she placed her friend's dinner, and the extra ramen that got spilled, on the bench in the kitchen and then went to her room to get changed.
 
Shiroi opened her eyes as she heard Yuki walk into the kitchen. She sighed as her illusion faded, `I shouldn't do that to myself'. She walked out to the kitchen to see her friend putting some ramen on the table for her.
 
“Arigatou gozaimasu Yuki-chan.”
 
Yuki turned towards her and smiled. Shiroi knew something was up, she could see it in her eyes.
 
“Oi Yuki-chan, where's yours?”
 
“Already ate it. Shi-sama…do you know much about a boy named Sasuke?” Yuki asked, looking at her friend.
 
“What, the Uchiha boy? Umm, he's a stuck up brat looking for revenge on his brother, Itachi, who killed everyone in his clan except him. Why?” Shiroi looked at her curiously.
 
“I think he likes me…”
 
“Oh…Do you like him?”
 
“I think so.”
 
“Umm, then maybe you should talk to him.”
 
Shiroi wasn't quite sure what to say. She didn't think he was a good match for her, but if what Yuki says was right and he did like her, at least she would have somebody to look after her. `I'm sure Yuki can sort it out, and if they do become an item I'll have a talk to him.' She reassured herself.
 
The next day Yuki had a new found confidence in the fact that someone might like her. Even if he was a bit stuck up to others she felt she had a connection with him. She got dressed and went searching for the boy with dark eyes, Sasuke Uchiha.
 
She soon found him on a small bridge with his teammates. A pink haired girl was hanging off him, but she noticed that he was trying to ignore her. Yuki suddenly realised what he must have meant when he said that he thought all the girls knew who he was.
 
“Ohayou Gozaimasu.” Yuki walks onto the bridge waving to the genin.
(Good morning)
 
“Hello Yuki-san…” Sasuke returns your wave, Naruto just blushes a bit.
 
“So what are you guys doing out here?” She looks at Sasuke and smiles.
 
“Waiting for our sensei.” The pink haired girl replies trying to keep her from talking to Sasuke.
 
“Oh, cool. May I ask, what's your name?”
 
“I'm Sakura Haruno.”
 
“Cool. So who's your sensei?” Yuki asks nonchalantly, just trying to keep the conversation going.
 
“Kakashi.” A lazy voice replies.
 
Yuki turns around to see the man from the night before standing behind her. `You've got to be kidding me!'
 
“You again. Are you stalking me or something?”
 
He smiles casually. “Hey I'm just here to see my students.”
 
Yuki sighs angrily, and whispers to Sasuke as she passes him.
 
“Find me later, k?”
 
“What was that about?” Naruto suddenly asks, looking at Kakashi.
 
He smiles awkwardly, “Oh, she ran into me yesterday, literally.”
 
Yuki headed off towards the training ground, deciding to practise some of her moves while she waited for Sasuke to find her. She slowly closed her eyes and focused her thoughts on water, while forming the sign of the goat. Her hands moved rapidly from goat to tiger, then to horse and then dog. And just as quickly she held her palms to face the ground, using her chakra to draw moisture from the ground. She soon had a fist sized orb of water floating from her cupped hands. The water splashed on the ground as she opened her eyes to see Sasuke leaning on a tree to her left.
 
“Neat trick. What else can you do?”
 
She smiled seductively, walking towards him.
 
Sasuke looked at the girl who was coming closer and closer to him until she was at arms length. She leaned forward and whispered in his ear.
 
“Wouldn't you like to know…”
 
Sasuke smiled softly and turned his head away to hide the blush creeping into his cheeks. `I've never felt this way about a girl before…she is so pretty. I wonder if she feels something for me…'
 
`He does like me…' she closes her eyes for a second and then leans in and kisses him gently on the lips. Sasuke is confused for a second but then pulls her body closer to his, resting his hands on her hips. Yuki pulls back a bit and whispers apologetically.
 
“Gomen (sorry)…I don't know what ca…”
 
She didn't even finish her sentence before he pulled her back towards him, kissing her passionately. She again pulls back, but this time she rests her head in the crevice of his neck. Sasuke rubs his hands up and down her back, breathing in slowly. `She kissed me…' He looked down at her creamy porcelain skin and short blonde hair. `She truly is beautiful…' he listened carefully as he heard her whisper something gently.
 
“Arigatou…you aren't too bad yourself…”
 
He looked at her curiously as she seemed to have read his mind. `She is strange…' he looked at her eyes and noticed a small twitch.
 
“Are you ok?” he asked softly.
 
Yuki sighed and pulled him down with her as she sat on the floor beside him. They sat there for what seemed liked hours before she spoke.
 
“When I was younger my mother wasn't very nice to me. She used to make me go days without bathing, and I only ever had one outfit. The kids at the academy used to tease me and call me names; they were all older than me except one young girl. Shiroi Kage, my best friend since I met her at the academy. I don't know what I'm going to do when she leaves. I will be all alone and I won't have anyone to protect me…”
 
“Hey that's not true, I will be here. You won't be all alone.”
 
“Arigatou, but it won't be the same. She was like a sister to me; she took me in when my parents were killed. I haven't been that close to a person since my father.”
 
Sasuke was stunned, `her parents were killed…she was all alone like me …but she found someone, when all I found was anger…maybe she is my destined one?” He wrapped his arm around her and held her tight, not wanting to let her go.
 
Yuki began to relax. `His destined one? I wonder what he means…' In her eyes, there was nothing that could ruin the way she felt at that moment. It was like a subtle calmness had swept over her body that had not been there for a long time. She began to drift into sleep, just letting her mind wonder on its own accord.