Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Eremophobia ❯ Chapter Three ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Naruto or any of the Naruto characters. It belongs to Masashi Kishimoto.
 
Recap:
 
“Watashi no namae wa Sasuke desu. Anato wa?”
(My name is Sasuke. Whats yours?)
 
“Yuki desu.”
(I'm Yuki.)
 
Yuki looked at the boy standing before her; she noticed a pain and anger in his eyes that she had never seen in any others.
 
“Yoroshiku, I got to get going. I better go see what my friends up to.”
(It was nice meeting you)
 
Yuki disappeared in an instant leaving the boy standing by himself. She appeared a moment later a couple of metres away hidden by trees, looking to see his reaction.
 
Sasuke stood still, looking at where Yuki had just been standing. `She is different to the other girls.' He paused for a minute and then also disappeared.
 
CHAPTER THREE
 
`He was cute…' Yuki thought to herself, `kind of serious though. He talked about Naruto, maybe their friends.' Yuki decided to get some lunch and was at the ramen-ya within seconds. Her jaw almost dropped when she saw who was sitting next to her. `Naruto!'
 
“Naruto, what are you doing here?”
 
He looks at you and blushes.
 
“Uhh…eating.”
 
“Oh, of course. Anyway, you and Sasuke are on the same team right? So you must be friends, right?”
 
“Yeah we're on the same team, but he's my rival. Why?”
 
“Oh…no reason…”
 
`Mendokosu (how troublesome), I thought Naruto might know something about Sasuke. Oh well I guess I can ask Shiroi about him.' Yuki ordered two bowls of sesame oil ramen and sat waiting for them to come. She talked to Naruto for a bit and then when her food was ready she began to walk home.
 
As she walked she wondered how to get some information on Sasuke, `why don't I just talk to him, yeah that sounds like a plan. Hmm he should be at the chuunin exams I'll try to talk to him there.'
 
“Ow! Ahh…KUSO! (SHIT!)” Yuki yelled as she fell to the floor, her ramen spilling over.
 
“Gomen…”came a nonchalant reply.
 
“Oi watch where you're going next time!”
 
She stood up brushing off the dust on her clothes, and picking up the now half empty ramen bowls. She looked up at the culprit. Kakashi, the infamous copy ninja, still hadn't raised his head out of his Icha Icha Paradise book. `Geez. What a perv!'
 
Kakashi looked down at the young girl who had just walked into him. She was about the same age as his students, yet she had a subtle maturity about her. He watched her pick up her ramen, and noticed the hitaiite (ninja head band) hanging from her neck.
 
“Are you a ninja?”
 
“Yes. Why? Looking for a fight?” Yuki retaliated.
 
“Hardly, so I guess that means you will be at the Chuunin exams”
 
“Yes…”
 
“Do you think you will pass?”
 
At that, Yuki became even more frustrated with the man in front of her.
 
“I take that as an insult. I won't be there to participate. I will be there to keep an eye on the genin.”
 
“Nani?”
 
“I am a Jounin, alright.” She turned away.
 
Kakashi looked shocked, although it was well hidden behind his mask. `Nani?' he looked at her for a second, `this girl is strange…'
 
“Why does everyone call me strange?” Yuki huffed off, walking back to the noodle shop to replace her ramen.
 
Kakashi leaned forward watching the female figure walk into the distance. `How did she know what I was thinking?' He shrugged off the thought but his curiosity got the better of him. He had to find out her name at least.
 
Yuki stood at the Ichiraku ramen-ya for the second time that day waiting patiently for some more ramen. When it was placed in front of her she grabbed her purse and was about to pass over the money but somebody beside her handed over the money first. She turned wondering who it was. `Not him again…' She sat down and split a pair of chopsticks.
 
“Just because you paid for it doesn't mean I'm going to share…Anyway, why are you here?”
 
“I felt bad for spilling your dinner before. By the way, watashi wa Kakashi desu.” He replied casually.
 
“I know who you are. I'm Yuki, and I still don't forgive you.”
 
“That's ok. So how come I haven't seen you around before?”
 
“It's the first time I've been out by myself for a while; I'm usually hanging around Shiroi Kage.” Yuki looked down at her food, playing with it more than actually eating any.
 
“May I ask how you knew what I was thinking before? Just curious that's all…”
 
“Oh yeah and while we're on the topic of personal questions you can tell me why you cover half your face.”
 
“Uhh…point taken.” He replied rubbing his hand on the back of his head awkwardly.
 
Unaware of what next to say Kakashi pulled out his favourite orange book. Not actually looking at the book, he looked over at Yuki without turning his head. `I should stay away from her; she must be nearly thirteen years younger than me. Who cares if she's hot, or a jounin she's still too young.' He sighed at the thought. Focusing his gaze down to the book.
 
Yuki stopped eating, almost dropping her chopsticks. `He thinks I'm hot…oh but he also thinks I'm too young. Who cares he's a jerk anyway.' Her head drooped looking down at the almost empty bowl; she finished it quickly and stood up to leave. She looked over at the older man reading his Icha Icha Paradise book, and then disappeared as the sun began to set.
 
------
 
Shiroi walked slowly to her bedroom, trying to stop tears from swelling in her eyes. She went to her closet and got changed into some more comfortable clothes. Sitting down on her bed she closed her eyes, remembering the boy she was once so close to. A few minutes past, in what seemed like an eternity. Opening her eyes she heard a faint sound by the window. Turning to inspect what it was she almost gave way to tears.
 
“Gaara-kun…” she said softly.
 
She ran to the open window helping him in. They stood staring at each other for a brief moment before Shiroi hugged him tightly, still trying hard to restrain her tears but having little luck. She clutched at his shirt tighter, pulling him in closer to her.
 
“Gaara-kun…I've missed you so much! I didn't want to leave but they made me. I have missed you…Gaa-chan”
 
Gaara looked down at the small figure clutching to him, after a minute he closed his eyes and placed his hands on her waist.
 
“I've missed you too shi-chan. You wouldn't believe how long I've waited for this moment. Don't worry, I'm here now. I'll always be here for you.” He rubbed his hands soothingly up and down her back.
 
Shiroi leaned back and looked into his comforting blue eyes. She pulled him in closer to her and then rest her head on his chest listening to his heartbeat.